Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans’ State Of the Union...

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
The lesson that should be learned from Tannehill's career so far is that good QBs on crappy teams can only carry so much. Even Aaron Rodgers experienced a 6 win season in 2018.

Football is such a complicated team sport that blaming one player for everything is simpleton logic, at best.
I've always likened this philosophy to being a 22 piece puzzle. If the pieces fit, stand back and marvel at the work of art. If the pieces aren't fitting, it's probably a defective puzzle. Save the pieces that work but you'll need a replacement puzzle to see if the new pieces are a better fit.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Oh, he get at least 1 more HC fired in this lost decade.
I can easily hold my judgement and opinion until I see that day happen. That will mean a new GM, HC, Coordinators and coaching staff. This would fall onto Janice and Cal to get the right replacements.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The lesson that should be learned from Tannehill's career so far is that good QBs on crappy teams can only carry so much. Even Aaron Rodgers experienced a 6 win season in 2018.

Football is such a complicated team sport that blaming one player for everything is simpleton logic, at best.
1 player isn't to blame. BOB's to blame too. The defense/OL is to blame. However the best QB's usually win the most games and the great QB's come up big in the biggest moments. 51-7

dream_team

Hall of Fame
What does Matt Ryan have to do with this?

Have you watched the last 8 games and have you noticed a trend, or do you have blinders on? Not to mention that 160 mil contract.
Someone said good things about DW4, but for some reason you had to inject that he's 0-3? Simply pointing out other good QBs in this league are 0-3 also.

I understand DW4 is NOT playing at the level we need him to be, for this team to be successful. But it's still ok to discuss the good DW4 has done in this league. We don't have to be doom & gloom about everything. It will be ok, say something positive once in a while.

austins23

Hall of Fame
So Matt Ryan sucks too?
However the best QB's usually win the most games
Ones play has been very good
I understand DW4 is NOT playing at the level we need him to be, for this team to be successful.
Matt Ryan HAS been playing well enough to win games. The rest of his team has let him down. Team sport. Yes, Watson needs to be better. The entire team needs to be better. The coaches need to be smart enough to put them in to positions/situations to be better. Team sport.

Mangler

Toro de España
Just watching the action away from Mahomes excellence is amazing to me. That all 22 is incredible. It makes me want Bienemy even more.
A certain someone made the claim that Eric Bieniemy has “never” called plays before when I suggested Cal McNumbnuts go after him by any means necessary. I knew better, as watching any Chiefs game will show the dude calling plays and getting in a player’s face when they mess up. Dude is a proven OC, unlike someone we’ve al known since 2014. But, he “needs 4 more years tho.” The everlasting rebuild continues! Smh

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
1 player isn't to blame. BOB's to blame too. The defense/OL is to blame. However the best QB's usually win the most games and the great QB's come up big in the biggest moments. 51-7
There’s only so big you can come up when the opposing defense has a better understanding of your offensive scheme than your own receivers.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hmmmm I wonder why???
Quit making racial insinuations.

Mahomes and Murray are my favorite young QB's. Just because DW4's probably not going to win a championship regardless of who the HC is doesn't make me a racist,.

Just come out and say what you mean instead of what you're doing here. You dont know me obviously if you have to stoop to this level to debate with me.

badboy

Hall of Fame
How about this, if Mahomes were here, do you think he'd have already won a Super Bowl?
Swapping only QBs, all games between those two teams would have been epic. 2019 Mahomes would have taken us to SB but I hesitate to claim a win.

This season opening loss, game two loss but much closer and better to watch. Win vs Pittsburgh and stomping Vikings tomorrow then a run beating almost all to end 12-4.
We are married to who we have, drooling over someone else' s just plain silly.

Texansballer74

The Marine
To be fair. Maybe your obligatory BOB isn't good enough posts gets lost in your 10-15 weekly posts bashing Watson. Just saying.... :kitten:
Been bashing Watson since day one. Started semi bashing O’Brien since this off season. That bashing only says OB needs to be fired. No OB is stupid, don’t know how to put a great game plan together or any of that stuff. It was always either Rick Smith or Watson was holding him back. Lol

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Too bad. Thanks to your support, BOB da fraud got the extention.
And then he gave Watson one.
You have only yourself to blame.
It's not my money, or he wouldn't have been drafted much less extended.

BTW, The McNair's are to blame not me.

You're trying way to hard to make this personal. I guess it's gotta be this way when you're the smartest man in the room and trying to defend the indefensible.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
It's not my money, or he wouldn't have been drafted much less extended.

BTW, The McNair's are to blame not me.

You're trying way to hard to make this personal. I guess it's gotta be this way when you're the smartest man in the room and trying to defend the indefensible.
Well, if they didn't draft Watson then what was your solution?

And yes, you were the one who wants to have BOB as the GM.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yet you posted on here way more than I did this weekend. I didn't even post in the gameday thread. I was celebrating my birthday with family and friends. Another attempt to discredit me by the DW4 deniers. LMAO

9 in a row

Next week will be 10 in a row.

Cant get around that though can you?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Well, if they didn't draft Watson then what was your solution?

And yes, you were the one who wants to have BOB as the GM.
I believe I've said many times he should be fired after 51-7 but you dont want to hear any of that kind of talk because it doesn't allow you to pidgeon hole me. Yes, I liked the Tunsil trade. I said I would've held onto Nuk and made him play out his contract. But I dont have to work with him so I really dont have a valid opinion on this subject.

As far as what I would've done besides draft DW4, I said it at the time, I would've used the DW4 draft to build up the OL and then drafted a QB in the Mayfield/Darnold/Allen `draft. Instead RS decided to repeat history and draft a young QB and put him behind a crappy OL just like the Texans did with Carr. History is repeating itself and nothing more. You can try to explain away the Texans failures all you want, blame game etc... but this is the unfortunate truth. It's the middle of the lost decade.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I believe I've said many times he should be fired after 51-7 but you dont want to hear any of that kind of talk because it doesn't allow you to pidgeon hole me. Yes, I liked the Tunsil trade. I said I would've held onto Nuk and made him play out his contract. But I dont have to work with him so I really dont have a valid opinion on this subject.

As far as what I would've done besides draft DW4, I said it at the time, I would've used the DW4 draft to build up the OL and then drafted a QB in the Mayfield/Darnold/Allen `draft. Instead RS decided to repeat history and draft a young QB and put him behind a crappy OL just like the Texans did with Carr. History is repeating itself and nothing more. You can try to explain away the Texans failures all you want, blame game etc... but this is the unfortunate truth. It's the middle of the lost decade.
Hmm, no.
I did hear you about the 51-7, but that was already too late.

Tunsil isn't the solution when you have to pay all that equity to fix one hole, while creating more holes elsewhere.
That was simply a desperate move; we had warned you that it would come at a greater cost.
But see, you still like that trade even though it did not, do not, and will not remotely solve the problem on the Offensive line.
(Note how corrosion also said Tunsil is quite poor on run blocking.)

There wasn't any Mayfield/Darnold/Allen in the 2017 draft, so basically, you had NO solution.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

Also, you forgot that Mayfied, Darnold, and Allen were drafted between 1st and 3rd overall.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
State of the Union? We're at Defcon 5 as if everything is OK when we should be at Defcon 1 because defeat is imminent. Buttchin can't see past his chin and ownership is absent. If the Texans were the United States we'd all be speaking German right now.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So Allen was drafted at the 7th slot, and not in 2017
The Texans never had the chance at him either.
What's the nitpicking for? :brando:
They should have waited, and traded capital to ensure that they move up in that get one of the QB's in the 2018 draft after they rebuilt the ol.

BTW, DW4 was in the 2017 draft and the Allen draft was in 2018.

I said at the time that I would have traded up in the 2017 draft for Mahomes.