Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans’ State Of the Union...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00.htm

Watson's 40 games: 24W-16L, 66.8 compl. pct., 10,508 yards (262.7 ypg), 75 TD - 32 INT, AY/A 8.1 (Air Yard/Attempt)

Tannerhill's 32 games: 15-17, low 60s., 7,207 yards (225.5 ypg), 36 TD - 30 INT, AY/A Low 6.1
next 8 games: 5-3, low 60s, 1907 yards (238.4 ypg), 14 TD - 6 INT, AY/A Low 6s

Tannerhill's 40 games: 20W-20L, low 60s completion pct., 9,114 yards (227.85 ypg), 50 TD - 42 INT, low 6s AY/A

Rushing yardage and TD scored on the ground: It's a joke to even trying to compare.

I have no idea how you can come up with that comparison.
giphy.gif

Also, Tannerhill had a defense to support him, ranking 7th, 8th, and 20th in points allowed his first 3 years in Miami.
That 20th ranking in the third year was because the D sustained some injuries as the year went along.
It was better in the first 8 games (to make up the first 40 games of his career), they even posted a shut out over the Chargers

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00.htm

Watson's 40 games: 24W-16L, 66.8 compl. pct., 10,508 yards (262.7 ypg), 75 TD - 32 INT, AY/A 8.1 (Air Yard/Attempt)

Tannerhill's 32 games: 15-17, low 60s., 7,207 yards (225.5 ypg), 36 TD - 30 INT, AY/A Low 6.1
next 8 games: 5-3, low 60s, 1907 yards (238.4 ypg), 14 TD - 6 INT, AY/A Low 6s

Tannerhill's 40 games: 20W-20L, low 60s completion pct., 9,114 yards (227.85 ypg), 50 TD - 42 INT, low 6s AY/A

Rushing yardage and TD scored on the ground: It's a joke to even trying to compare.

I have no idea how you can come up with that comparison.

Which QB's team is 3-0 and which is 0-3.

Which one beat the #1 seed Ravens in the playoffs to reach the AFC Championship game ?

Right now , this season , who's statistics are superior ?

One of them has three game winning drives in the last two minutes of his teams three wins this season , the other hasn't even kept his team close ...

Look , Watson has a higher ceiling and a higher floor .... but right now , he's not playing anywhere near the quality of QB that Tannehill is.

Also, Tannerhill had a defense to support him, ranking 7th, 8th, and 20th in points allowed his first 3 years in Miami.
That 20th ranking in the third year was because the D sustained some injuries as the year went along.
It was better in the first 8 games (to make up the first 40 games of his career), they even posted a shut out over the Chargers

What part of Tannehill was in Miami what Watson is today ?

The argument is who's playing better TODAY.

Its not even up for debate really.

I've always thought Tannehill got a raw deal in Miami, not unlike Josh Rosen or likely to be Tua Tagovailoa. Ryan can play qb effectively and with the right coaching/system and guys around him he can be a part of a legit competitive ballclub.

I also think Deshaun Watson can play qb effectively. And with, at the very least, a competent coach/system and some of the right guys around him he can be at the forefront of a legit competitive ballclub.

I feel confident in my assessment of the former now watching it come to fruition.

Fingers thoroughly crossed to see the latter have the same chance.

Where did I state that Tannehill was "always better". - I didn't.

I said "this year and much of last year".

I said while he was in Miami he was what Watson is now ....

Really , considering the results , is it even debatable who the better "Quarterback" is or is athlete the standard ? It's clear that Watson is the better athlete.
I was referring to Steelbtexan post

What axe is this?

Tannehil has always been good. He's finally healthy and has better weapons around him than he had in Miami.
He was healthy a few times in Miami and they couldn't win. In Tennessee, he's played well. He also have a online that has high draft picks, top 5 rb, and up and coming wr. Also, its been proven that Vrabel is a much better coach. Carry on. Even if people agree or disagree, as long as their can be objectivity in it, we can exchange posts. When guys can't even be objective, there isn't much to say. According to you, when pressed, you said you knew Flacco and Manning were superbowl worthy qbs. When asked about about this last drafted class, you stated Herbert and Burrow, but they play for crappy organizations, yet you won't acknowledge the same with Watson. He is the only young qb in which the offense isn't tailored around him. Jackson, Allen,Mahomes, and Murray all have college looking offenses. All their offenses look alot similar to what the ran in college. Watson offense? The same one Hoyer and all those other scrubs ran.

Which QB's team is 3-0 and which is 0-3.

Which one beat the #1 seed Ravens in the playoffs to reach the AFC Championship game ?

Right now , this season , who's statistics are superior ?

One of them has three game winning drives in the last two minutes of his teams three wins this season , the other hasn't even kept his team close ...

Look , Watson has a higher ceiling and a higher floor .... but right now , he's not playing anywhere near the quality of QB that Tannehill is.

Again, put Tannehill on this team with this coach and this offensive design, and this o-line, and what do you think he’s going to look like? He’s going to look like hot garbage.

Systems, schemes and coaching matters. Tannehill was nothing in the wasteland of Miami. He gets to a better system, better coaching, and what do you know, he looks like a competent QB all of a sudden.

Watson is an incredible talent that is in a similar wasteland. The system and scheme here is holding him back, and he’s certainly not getting the coaching to help him grow. You get that here and the sky’s the limit.

So yeah, Tannehill is doing well now that’s he’s out of that dump on South Beach, but you put him here and he’s the same nobody he was in Miami.

Watson is an incredible talent that is in a similar wasteland. The system and scheme here is holding him back, and he’s certainly not getting the coaching to help him grow. You get that here and the sky’s the limit.

Maybe.

I've made similar posts 4-5 times recently ....
Gotcha -- I haven't been keeping up lately. No surprise to me that my thoughts weren't original. It's pretty plain that we're not in good shape moving forward if you even give a cursory study of our salary cap situation. This would be a good time to get off the bandwagon and look elsewhere for any bandwagoners out there.

[QUOTE="Corrosion, post: 3090755, member: 128"

I said while he was in Miami he was what Watson is now ....

[/QUOTE]
You ought to know that I was referring specifically to the above.
That was why I brought up Tannerhill's first 40 games.
Duh.

He was healthy a few times in Miami and they couldn't win. In Tennessee, he's played well. He also have a online that has high draft picks, top 5 rb, and up and coming wr. Also, its been proven that Vrabel is a much better coach. Carry on. Even if people agree or disagree, as long as their can be objectivity in it, we can exchange posts. When guys can't even be objective, there isn't much to say. According to you, when pressed, you said you knew Flacco and Manning were superbowl worthy qbs. When asked about about this last drafted class, you stated Herbert and Burrow, but they play for crappy organizations, yet you won't acknowledge the same with Watson. He is the only young qb in which the offense isn't tailored around him. Jackson, Allen,Mahomes, and Murray all have college looking offenses. All their offenses look alot similar to what the ran in college. Watson offense? The same one Hoyer and all those other scrubs ran.

I said I trusted Ozzie and because he is a Manning that I thought they could win SB's

I very simply put, don't think DW4'S in that class. One reason why is DW4'S going to have to be better than Mahomes and we both know that's not going to happen. Unless Mahomes is injured like the 1st time they met last year.

As far as Tannehil debate goes, you can make all of the excuses in the world for DW4, but right now Tannehill is the better QB.

BTW, I respect your opinions and enjoy learning from your football knowledge. We just will have to agree to disagree on DW4 and how much potential he's got.

Last edited:
Again, put Tannehill on this team with this coach and this offensive design, and this o-line, and what do you think he’s going to look like? He’s going to look like hot garbage.

Systems, schemes and coaching matters. Tannehill was nothing in the wasteland of Miami. He gets to a better system, better coaching, and what do you know, he looks like a competent QB all of a sudden.

So yeah, Tannehill is doing well now that’s he’s out of that dump on South Beach, but you put him here and he’s the same nobody he was in Miami.

If you put Mahomes in O'Brien's system & coaching, Pat would be called over-rated, too.

There is no single QB talent so great that they can overcome terrible management and egotistical coaching.

QB position gets way too much credit and too much blame in a team game. They are obviously one of the most impactful positions, but a bad team is a bad team.

If you put Mahomes in O'Brien's system & coaching, Pat would be called over-rated, too.

There is no single QB talent so great that they can overcome terrible management and egotistical coaching.

QB position gets way too much credit and too much blame in a team game. They are obviously one of the most impactful positions, but a bad team is a bad team.

We very easily could've found out if RS had given up the 3rd.

Maybe? Really? You, yourself, are pumping up the guy who just went through that. Why would it work for him and not someone much more physically talented?

Just because one person does it doesn't guarantee another does.

Possible - Yes.

Certainty - Absolutely not.

Watson is clearly the better physical talent but physical talent is not all there is to playing this position.
Decision making is a huge part of the process as is seeing things happen in real time and being able to react to those in real time - these are NOT things that Watson does well.

Some of you harp on the idea that "no one's open" Its the play design that's the problem.

We've posted images showing that not to be the case on dozens of occasions - He either doesn't see them or ignores them for something bigger. Again , decisions and vision.
There was one tweet posted recently and someone responded "everyone 15 yards downfield on a high pressure situation" except that wasn't the case , there were TWO easy targets , 3-5 yards from the LOS with separation .... but the narrative was "No one's open". Its False.
No one was open where Watson was locked on - 15 yards downfield with pressure coming.
He didn't take the quick hitter nor the checkdown , he took the sack.

This is part of the boom or bust nature of this offense and its on Watson.

A change in system doesn't mean a change in mindset for Watson. That's the biggest questionmark in him having some dramatically different results in a regime / team change.

I'll take my lumps for my opinion .... and I wager that the majority of you all will eventually see it too. Right now Watson is a great athlete and a poor Quarterback.

Possible - Yes.

Watson is clearly the better physical talent but physical talent is not all there is to playing this position.
Decision making is a huge part of the process as is seeing things happen in real time and being able to react to those in real time - these are NOT things that Watson does well.

Some of you harp on the idea that "no one's open" Its the play design that's the problem.

We've posted images showing that not to be the case on dozens of occasions - He either doesn't see them or ignores them for something bigger. Again , decisions and vision.
There was one tweet posted recently and someone responded "everyone 15 yards downfield on a high pressure situation" except that wasn't the case , there were TWO easy targets , 3-5 yards from the LOS with separation .... but the narrative was "No one's open". Its False.
No one was open where Watson was locked on - 15 yards downfield with pressure coming.

A change in system doesn't mean a change in mindset for Watson. That's the biggest questionmark in him having some dramatically different results in a regime / team change.

I'll take my lumps for my opinion .... and I wager that the majority of you all will eventually see it too. Right now Watson is a great athlete and a poor Quarterback.
Oh, I know he misses a few, but every QB does, including the best of them, from Peyton to Rivers.
I also knew some great HOF QBs that had thrown 4-5 interceptions in a single game, too.
Drew Brees, for example had thrown for 4 Ints in a single game three times.

Oh, I know he misses a few, but every QB does, including the best of them, from Peyton to Rivers.
I also knew some great HOF QBs that had thrown 4-5 interceptions in a single game, too.
Drew Brees, for example had thrown for 4 Ints in a single game three times.

The difference between those guys and Watson is this crap is routine for him (not the INT's) missing / not seeing , looking elsewhere. Its the constant not the rarity.

The difference between those guys and Watson is this crap is routine for him (not the INT's) missing / not seeing , looking elsewhere. Its the constant not the rarity.

Quoted for truth

8 bad games in a row and counting.

A good 1st half doesn't equal a good game.

Possible - Yes.

And you focus on the few negative plays he has, never mentioning the dimes he drops, or the 6 sacks per game he doesn’t get because he can move, or the wins he has accumulated despite all the limitations going on around him with this team.

Anybody complaining about the 2 or 3 wide open shots downfield that Big Ben missed? All QBs have bad plays, make bad decisions. But the theme here seems to be to take Watson’s bad plays and over focus on them and make it seem like that’s what he is.

And then there’s the fact that we should all know what Bill O’Brien and this offensive system is all about after having seen it for 6 years plus 3 games, yet we’re still going to throw more weight on the QB. That doesn’t make any damn sense other than you just have an agenda.

But for shits and giggles, let’s say Watson isn’t all that. What QB do you think could come here and run this offense, the way it’s schemed and coached for the last 6 years, efficiently? I’ll hang up and listen.

8 bad games in a row and the teacher makes him the 2nd highest paid QB in the league. Have you thought maybe the QB is doing what the teacher wants him to do?

What I want to know is. can DW4 audible out of plays and is he doing it.

You would think that the 160 million dollar man would be allowed to do this or should be allowed to do this. If he isn't or can't then the Texans have wasted 160 million

And you focus on the few negative plays he has, never mentioning the dimes he drops, or the 6 sacks per game he doesn’t get because he can move, or the wins he has accumulated despite all the limitations going on around him with this team.

Anybody complaining about the 2 or 3 wide open shots downfield that Big Ben missed? All QBs have bad plays, make bad decisions. But the theme here seems to be to take Watson’s bad plays and over focus on them and make it seem like that’s what he is.

And then there’s the fact that we should all know what Bill O’Brien and this offensive system is all about after having seen it for 6 years plus 3 games, yet we’re still going to throw more weight on the QB. That doesn’t make any damn sense other than you just have an agenda.

But for shits and giggles, let’s say Watson isn’t all that. What QB do you think could come here and run this offense, the way it’s schemed and coached for the last 6 years, efficiently? I’ll hang up and listen.

If Rodgers is traded that's 1.

I try to focus on improvement and DW4's not improved over tlast 8 games at all. I would say he's regressed. Yet the McNairs/BOB gave him 160 mil. Brilliance

you just have an agenda.

Yep , I have an agenda .... I want to see this team WIN.

I don't think you get that with an inconsistent QB and that's just what Watson is - Inconsistent. Woohoo a few highlight plays! Wonderful .... now how bout sustain a drive and keep your defense and the opposing offense on the sidelines.

51-7 never happens if Watson and Co sustain a drive and eat up some clock.

Yep , I have an agenda .... I want to see this team WIN.

I don't think you get that with an inconsistent QB and that's just what Watson is - Inconsistent. Woohoo a few highlight plays! Wonderful .... now how bout sustain a drive and keep your defense and the opposing offense on the sidelines.

51-7 never happens if Watson and Co sustain a drive and eat up some clock.

You want to win, yet you want to get rid of the winningest QB of OB’s tenure. That makes perfect sense.

And you want sustained drives? How about limiting all the 2nd and 3rd and longs by developing a run game that can gain over 2 yards a pop? Damn Watson.

And you still haven’t answered the question of what QB could run this shit show and win more than Watson has.

The All-22 Crew clearly doesn’t like Watson. He’s eating too much of the cap. The All 22 says Tannehill is perfect.

My statement is "Right Now Tannehill is a better QB"

Why don't you tell us who's playing better "Right Now" .....
I did not contest that (I havent gotten around to watch Tannerhill - I do have all the games this year).

I spefifically contested your saying Watson is playing like Tannerhill did in Miami.
Also steelb, who's been listening in, claimed that Tannerhill has always been good.

Pretty clear a lot of you guys don’t watch tape..if you did you’d know that what Corrosion is saying is legit. He simply has to learn to take what the defense gives you more. This is the biggest difference between he and Mahomes right now. He gets off the ball on time and let’s his playmakers do their thing. Period.

yesterday when we were clicking on offense in the 1st half, this is EXACTLY what DW4 was doing. Getting it out on time, standing tall, working the pocket well. Still, he had instances where he was holding it too long Eventually he gets sacked and now you’re in a 2nd/3rd and long situation. Sure some of those were b/c of the run game too but many are on DW4..taking bad sacks when he simply doesn't have to. Charles Davis mentioned this in the broadcast. Defenses bank on him holding the ball too long..which is why they blitz him sooo much.....part of the reason for that is b/c they know the o-line is suspect...part of it is b/c they know they’ll get the chance to get home b/c HE gives them that opportunity by holding the ball & part of it is because the down and distance dictates it.

Last edited:
Pretty clear a lot of you guys don’t watch tape..if you did you’d know that what Corrosion is saying is legit. He simply has to learn to take what the defense gives you more. This is the biggest difference between he and Mahomes right now. He gets off the ball on time and let’s his playmakers do their thing. Period.

yesterday when we were clicking on offense in the 1st half, this is EXACTLY what DW4 was doing. Getting it out on time, standing tall, working the pocket well. Still, he had instances where he was holding it too long Eventually he gets sacked and now you’re in a 2nd/3rd and long situationCharles Davis mentioned this in the broadcast. Defenses bank on him holding the ball too long..which is why they blitz him sooo much.....part of the reason for that is b/c they know the o-line is suspect...part of it is b/c they know they’ll get the chance to get home b/c HE gives them that opportunity by holding the ball..part of it is because the down and distance.

Nobody said his take wasn’t legit. My question is why aren’t we highlighting the positive as well. Y’all pick one negative and go all in. But refuses to address what he did good.

Like Speedy stated every quarterback makes mistakes every single game. But I never see the All 22 crew bring up those negative plays from the likes of Tannehill. Why

Nobody said his take wasn’t legit. My question is why aren’t we highlighting the positive as well. Y’all pick one negative and go all in. But refuses to address what he did good.

Like Speedy stated every quarterback makes mistakes every single game. But I never see the All 22 crew bring up those negative plays from the likes of Tannehill. Why

Re read my post again dude

Back