Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texan vs. Jag Prediction...

Jagsbch said:
Our offense out played KC when we faced them. Our offense out played the Vikings last week.

Pssst--Dude, you didn't play the Vikings last week--it was the Colts.

In any event, the Jags offense has greatly improved over the last few games from the start of the season and IMO both the Jags and Texans have been performing much better than last year and look like they have lots of potential for growth still on O which should be very scary for the rest of the league.

I need to get back on track. I picked the first 5 games right and initially picked us against the Thumbtacks but changed my predictions at the 12th hours (4 mins before game time). 5-1 and soon to be 6-1 picking Texan's games.

Frankly, I think the Jags and Texans will be "fighting it out" for the AFC South the next few years.

This year, maybe not. But in the meantime, I believe the Jags are about 4 points better, despite the "Vegas" odds.

Good luck, and let's have a good. clean game (i.e., no Denver cheap shot at the knees).

Jagsbch said:
I predict that I am going to have a heart attack before the game even starts. I have never in all my life been worried about a game as much as I am this one. I predict that this is going to be an awesome game and I will leave it at that.

Now THERE's a sentiment I can respect. :hehe: I think I'm slightly more relaxed about this game, but that's mainly because the bye week allowed me to skip a weekend of football and reconnect with the real world. (Done with it for about 10 more weeks now!) This is a huge game for both teams and I do hope, for the sake of this division's new powers, that it's well played. I don't know if the Texans, who haven't done well after bye weeks, are quite ready to face another young team that has a knack for 4th-quarter excitement--but if they're not, it's mental, not physical. The Texans offense should (repeat, SHOULD) light up the Jags secondary, especially if Wade can make it back and keep the pressure off Carr.

But this is the predictions thread. Based on my continued reverse-psychology hot streak, here it is:

Jags 27
Texans 24
NATURALLY, a last-minute victory.

Happy to be wrong every week! :headbang:

The game WILL NOT be won by more than 7 and it WILL NOT be a high scoring affair, if you think either will happen you're too much of a homer to be thinking clearly.

longhornjag said:
The game WILL NOT be won by more than 7 and it WILL NOT be a high scoring affair, if you think either will happen you're too much of a homer to be thinking clearly.

Vegas has the over/under set at 42 1/2. No not a terribly high scoring game but if you want a low scoring game look at Buffalo and Arizona.

longhornjag said:

I think the game will be very close...and I beleive that either team can win this game by 3 points...Our Ofense has the tools to score 40 plus points but the coaching staff is holding them back with the play calling...If we open up the passing game we have WRs and TEs that can give any Defense a nightmare...If the Jags don't put pressure on Carr he will tear your Ds a part.

I agree. I expect a low scoring affair. Both of these teams have been going down field quite often this year, so it would be no suprise to see both Del Rio and Capers scheme against that. No long TD's or huge chunks of yardage will be given up through the air.

What I think it will come down to is each teams running game and special teams play. Normally, I would say the Jags have a "leg up" (no pun intended). However, we have some injuries on the OL we're dealing with and Taylor is dinged up (nursing a quad injury). So I will call this part of the matchup *even*.

Special teams however I have decidely in favor of the Jags.

Final score predicition....

Jags - 17

Tinhorns - 13

JAGGATOR1 said:
...I expect a low scoring affair. Both of these teams have been going down field quite often this year, so it would be no suprise to see both Del Rio and Capers scheme against that. No long TD's or huge chunks of yardage will be given up through the air.
The Jags have allowed opposing QBs to throw for 9 TDs & and 1114 yards the past 4 games. Over the same period, Leftwich has passed for 1273 yards with 6 TDs.

In the past 4 games, Carr has thrown for 1099 yards & 6 TDs. While the Texan defense has given up 1067 yards in the air plus 9 TDs .

I’m sure the 2 coaching staffs have “schemed” in previous weeks, as well. Each team’s defense has had their good & bad moments. Now I’m not going to say that the Texans and Jags will absolutely put up big time passing yards against each other. But, the statistics indicate that they should.

Texans 23
Jags - 17

With :03 seconds left on the play clock David Carr up top for the win at the goal line. Storybook ending.

But seriously. I see Carr and Leftwich having 300 yard games, and 2 TD's each. Houstons D steps up at home and keeps Taylor out of the endzone. Kris Brown boots in 3 field goals. Josh "I wanna be like Vanderjagt" Scobee gets 1 field goal.

I seriously think the Texans are gonna kick the jaguars butts( i censored myself) I really think we are a better team.

Texans- 37
Jaguars-20

This is gonna be a really tough game for the Texans. One thing we're going to have to do is establish the run to be successful through the air which is the place we'll ultimately have to win. Our defense will have to step up big like they did against Tennesse, especially our run defense. I think the whole key to the game is getting ahead early and dictating the pace of the game. Byron Leftwich has proven that he's not a guy you want with the ball last if you're only up by one score. I think in the end, we will eke out a 24-14 game that will be closer contested than that scoreline suggests.

DC_ROCK said:
Texans 23
Jags - 17

With :03 seconds left on the play clock David Carr up top for the win at the goal line. Storybook ending.

But seriously. I see Carr and Leftwich having 300 yard games, and 2 TD's each. Houstons D steps up at home and keeps Taylor out of the endzone. Kris Brown boots in 3 field goals. Josh "I wanna be like Vanderjagt" Scobee gets 1 field goal.
too much Dr. Pepper makes someone say things like that???

Titanico said:
Jags 33

Texans 13

my :twocents:

You are confused. You still cannot get over your loss to the Texans and your board has been abandoned. The Titanic has sunk.

When You See The Final Score....
Jagsbch said:
I predict that I am going to have a heart attack before the game even starts. I have never in all my life been worried about a game as much as I am this one. I predict that this is going to be an awesome game and I will leave it at that.

UCFJag said:
Hmmmm i go to say i believe i know where this game is going.
Jacksonville is ocming off of a HUGE victory. The players are extremely pumped at this point and ready to show the nation they are for real. The win at Indy proved that a win this week would catapult them to a possible dividion favortie. That coupled with the talent i see in this team make this a tough game to be "logical" about. I beliee Jacksonville will explode this week. I hate to say it (or you texan fans sake) but i think the win over Indy really got this Offense going. I hope i'm right, you hope i'm wrong.

My PIck
Jags-34
Taxans-17

now all of you can get mad at me and tell me i'm wonrg. But thats hwo i feel. I also knew they would win the Indy game this time last week, just a gut feeling.
This Guy Is A Bum!!!!

Grid said:
Well here is one way to look at it.

our strength is our passing game.. and your passing defense is 22nd in the league.

Above you is Tennessee and Oakland.. 2 teams we have beaten. Below you is Detroit and San Diego.. the first two teams we played and lost too, but honestly most texans fans arent counting those games since we were not "ourselves" at that time.

Also below you is Minnesota.. who beat us on the strength of their offense.. but just barely.

you have a great run defense.. but at this point our running game only has to be good enough to make you consider it.. not be dominant. And it is good enough to do that.

So.. if you think about it. We have played 2 of the best offenses in the game in Minnesota and KC... beating one and almost beating the other.. your offense is not close to theirs (you are 15th, they are 1st and 5th) And we have played two passing defenses above yours, and won.

SO.. looking at it from a statistical standpoint.. we have you beat on both offense and defense.

Now.. to be fair, lets look at it from your standpoint.

You have played against one passing offense better than ours, Indi, and won. You have also played alot of rushing offenses better than ours, KC, SD, Ten, Indi, and Denver (btw, did you know we have a higher ranked rushing offense than you? we average more yards per game and have 5 tds to your 4)

these teams have a better passing defense than us: KC, Tennessee, Denver, and Buffalo. and EVERY team you played had a better rushing defense than us.

So then.. statistically you could say that we have the worst defense you have come up against.. and are about average as offenses you have played goes.

Here is the kicker though.

We have the "worst" rushing defense.. yet we shut down tennessee who has a rushing offense far bette than yours. we have the worse passing defense.. yet 2 of the teams we beat have a higher passing offense than yours.

SO.. what can we deduce from all this?

stats dont mean ****.. and we are still going to win.
Check out the statistics major, go get em!!!!

Grid said:

our strength is our passing game.. and your passing defense is 22nd in the league.
Blah blah blah

We have the "worst" rushing defense... Blah blah blah

Hey dude our strength is our passing game as well, and you all are 26th against the pass, advantage Jags. Your rushing offense is 23rd in the league. What makes you think your offense will keep up with ours, when Payaton who has one of the best offenses in the league couldn't even do it last week with James, and KC couldn't do it the week before with Holmes? I hope you’re not trying to say that Houston has a better offense than KC and the Dolts. :rofl: :boxing:

Stats are not what make this game so worrisome, it's about a race to the top, a race in which we are leading mind you. In my mind the biggest threat to the Jags this week is the probability that the Texans will have the advantage motivation wise.

I think motivation in the parity reality of the NFL plays a huge role in being the ultimate pivotal point in a game. San Diego, Monday night... enough said. Motivation is going to play a huge role in this game. Jags are going to have a hard time matching the motivational intensity of the Texans coming off the high last week, and being on top of the division. 27-0 what better motivation is there than that, when going up against a team who is about as evenly matched but on top of the division.

Jags need to come out swinging, with a perspective that this team is going to be play hell to bring down. We can't go into this game, with we are the New Sheriff mentality, we have to go into it as a team who could easily be 0-7 with much more to prove. :popcorn:

I think that the Jaguars and the NFL in general still thinks about Houston's D like a "average" defense ans they are not giveing it the credit that it deserve. Leftwitch gonna be intercepted 2 times at least, and David and Andre gonna have a great game.

Texans 30
Jaguars 14

Heh...notwithstanding the great 4-INT performance against the Tacks, I WISH this defense were "average," at least in terms of stats. Then again, if you look at the total defense stats for the league right now, some of the very best defenses are on the very worst teams:

Washington #1
Tampa Bay #3
Miami #4
Buffalo #5

The Texans D would be in much better shape if it could knock down that awful 3rd-down conversion percentage. We're 32nd in the league there. Some consolation: the Jag-Wires are 30th and the Nags are 31st.

TexanExile said:
The Texans D would be in much better shape if it could knock down that awful 3rd-down conversion percentage. We're 32nd in the league there. Some consolation: the Jag-Wires are 30th and the Nags are 31st.

This is one of those times that the raw overall stat doesn't adequately reflect the recent team performance. We got torched on 3rd downs the 1st two games so we have been digging out of a hole for the full season stats. But looking more recently--Oakland 38% (right at middle of the league), Minnesota 54% (but then again they have torched everyone for 50+%) and Titans 31% (well above average). Basically they are moving in the right direction.

scaredkitty.jpg

Jags got 6 sacks against KC should have been 7, and 1 against the Colts should have been 2. With 16 sacks already this season Carr is in route to get sacked 3 times Sunday? :hehe:

I love how you all say we beat up on the Colts because their defense sucks. You guys are what, 27th in defense yourselves?

Jags 28
Texicans 21

infantrycak said:
This is one of those times that the raw overall stat doesn't adequately reflect the recent team performance. We got torched on 3rd downs the 1st two games so we have been digging out of a hole for the full season stats. But looking more recently--Oakland 38% (right at middle of the league), Minnesota 54% (but then again they have torched everyone for 50+%) and Titans 31% (well above average). Basically they are moving in the right direction.

Who cares? By that logic, the Jags offense has been digging out of a whole from the first three games. Over the last 4 games I bet our offense is top 5 in the league.

jagsfanincanada said:
Who cares? By that logic, the Jags offense has been digging out of a whole from the first three games. Over the last 4 games I bet our offense is top 5 in the league.

Any bone head can see we got the more high powered offense and with D. Davis finally healthy for the first time in 3 weeks yall had better watch out !!! And dont even bring up stats to me cause we all know they dont mean sh** !!!!!

My first official prediction of the season...

Texans 35
Jags 28

Doube D comes back big after the injury with 2tds and AJ, Gaff, and Armstrong all have a big day. Maybe I will throw in a defensive td too.

Jaguars 23
Texans 20

It may turn out to be a shootout in Houston, but I have a feeling it will be a headbanger. Our two teams will be aiming to win this one because of the implications so I see a close finish.

Isn't it great to have two young teams on the rise in the AFC South? :D

Here's to a great game.

Grid said:

Above you is Tennessee and Oakland.. 2 teams we have beaten. Below you is Detroit and San Diego.. the first two teams we played and lost too, but honestly most texans fans arent counting those games since we were not "ourselves" at that time.

Also below you is Minnesota.. who beat us on the strength of their offense.. but just barely.

you have a great run defense.. but at this point our running game only has to be good enough to make you consider it.. not be dominant. And it is good enough to do that.

So.. if you think about it. We have played 2 of the best offenses in the game in Minnesota and KC... beating one and almost beating the other.. your offense is not close to theirs (you are 15th, they are 1st and 5th) And we have played two passing defenses above yours, and won.

SO.. looking at it from a statistical standpoint.. we have you beat on both offense and defense.

Now.. to be fair, lets look at it from your standpoint.

You have played against one passing offense better than ours, Indi, and won. You have also played alot of rushing offenses better than ours, KC, SD, Ten, Indi, and Denver (btw, did you know we have a higher ranked rushing offense than you? we average more yards per game and have 5 tds to your 4)

these teams have a better passing defense than us: KC, Tennessee, Denver, and Buffalo. and EVERY team you played had a better rushing defense than us.

So then.. statistically you could say that we have the worst defense you have come up against.. and are about average as offenses you have played goes.

Here is the kicker though.

We have the "worst" rushing defense.. yet we shut down tennessee who has a rushing offense far bette than yours. we have the worse passing defense.. yet 2 of the teams we beat have a higher passing offense than yours.

SO.. what can we deduce from all this?

stats dont mean ****.. and we are still going to win.

Ummm, that anything can happen? :cool: This is the NFL we all know and love.

TheTim5125 said:
I seriously think the Texans are gonna kick the jaguars butts( i censored myself) I really think we are a better team.

Texans- 37
Jaguars-20

Well, yea! Your a Texans fan arn't ya? I think it is the norm to think your team has the better team...heh

Back