Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texan vs. Jag Prediction...

pittbull

Rookie
All out assault on defense and offense. The Texans finally prove to the league they are ready to make the jump and deal with the elite teams and games! Houston wins in their most dominating performance in franchise history! :headbang:

Texans 38
Jaguars 3

3rd Coast Playa said:
whew, man we might not have to watch the first 3 1/2 quarters. that byron is a comeback king. i dont like any young qb that is jumping out in front of carr stat wise win wise etc. so i dont like him but have to give him his props. he is the best young qb we will be facing so far this season. we might win 21-17,. our cbs will match up well with their recievers i think.
You will probably be able to cover all the Recievers but Jimmy. Not one team has really been able to shut down Jimmy and hes had Champ and Samari Rolle on him. Truley will be a close game.

We play some smart D, D-Rob steps into his own and D-line gets some pressure on Leftwich.... give David some time, get a good running game, along with a few deep to AJ....

TEXANS 23
Jags 21

Gotta get the fans and players into it early.... get LOUD!!!

I dont predict but here is who has the advantages:
Secondary - Texans
Linebackers - Texans
D-Line - Jags

O-Line - Jags
WRs - Texans
RBs - Jags
QBs - Push

Kris Brown over Scoobey Doo
Stanley and Hanson - too tough to call - Push
Kick Returning - Jags

Gonna be a good game...

This will be one tough game. Coming from a Texans fan, I wouldn't say that we would be the favorite in this one. Jag's front 7 are playing fantastic, and I really don't think our Running game will be very much improved from the last game, even with DD coming back. As for our defense, we will really need to depend on them for this game. Our defense is going to have to play lights out come Sunday, because I'm not sure how far our offense is going to go in this one. Our offense has played very well, but this is the best D that we've faced all year.

phan1 said:
Jag's front 7 are playing fantastic, and I really don't think our Running game will be very much improved from the last game, even with DD coming back.
Thats why I suggest using the pass to set up the run. For example, on the final drive against the Titans, Gaff caught a 20 yard seam route. Before he caught that, we were having trouble running between the tackles and after Wells started seeing more room. So I would try to hit Bruener or Miller on a seam early (Clark and Pollard killed the Jags on those) to open up the lanes for the running game...

Bottle-O-Bud said:
Damnit the Jags are looking like the Panthers of last season. Good defense and a maturing offense. Oiiii!! Got to put a stop to this shinanigans right here.

That's fine, remember last year when we beat the Panthers, at Reliant, on Battle Red Day? I'd be happy with a repeat of that.

RTP2110 said:
That's fine, remember last year when we beat the Panthers, at Reliant, on Battle Red Day? I'd be happy with a repeat of that.

Yeah....but that means that the Jags would go to their home turf for a Super Bowl appearance! eek:

I don't see the Jags secondary matching up with our receivers in this game. I think the Jags secondary is their achilles hill. Andre Johnson, will exploit them.

I remember having the same feeling before the Raider game. I know the Jags D-Line is more dominant than Oakland's. But the Texans did 1000% better than I was expecting. I think the same thing happens here...

Texans 28
Jaguars 17

Jagaurs
Byron Leftwich: 18/28, 243 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT's.
Fred Taylor: 22 carries, 114 yds, 1 TD.
Jimmy Smith: 5 rec, 64 yds.

Texans
David Carr: 24/31, 292 yards, 3 TD's.
Domanick Davis: 16 carries, 57 yards, 1 TD.
Andre Johnson: 8 rec, 94 yards. 2 TD's.

I think quick slashing routes by recievers and tight ends to punish Jaguar's dbacks will pay off in second half and open them up for a long ball or two. I would use Breuner and Matt Murphy and Andre repeatedly banging ahead. I think Hollings may pick up a few yards on end arounds and I would also hammer the dline with Full back slants. I do not expect Davis will be very successful but I do hope I'm wrong. Any way, I think we need to hit them hard and often and kick field goals any time we get close to their 40.

I have a feeling that Kris Brown will be a big part of this game. I predict he'll kick the game winning field goal once again. Texans have to make sure they don't have any turnovers and our defense has to stop people in 3rd down. We did a good job on defense against the Titans but this is a different team and I hope that we'll concentrate on this game and forget about the Titans game.

Texans-20
Kitty Kats- 17

Hello I am new here. My perdiction
Jags 21
tinhorns 10

Sorry guys I think you have a good team but not quite there yet. But I do love some of your picks :hehe:

Fiddy said:
I dont predict but here is who has the advantages:
Secondary - Texans
Linebackers - Texans
D-Line - Jags

O-Line - Jags
WRs - Texans
RBs - Jags
QBs - Push

Kris Brown over Scoobey Doo
Stanley and Hanson - too tough to call - Push
Kick Returning - Jags

Gonna be a good game...

Although I will go along with everything else you have stated, have to point out that the WR's the Jags have are a bit better. I am gonna give the Jags the edge due to the fact we have 5 guys that Lefty can throw it to at any time, and this is not including the Jags, so far, not so great 1st round pick. I did group our TE's together, so it would be TE/WR's.

Everything else, right on the money. There is a slight edge on LB's, the reason I give you guys the edge, you employ more on the field at one time. Not a huge edge, but one none the less.

Houston 34 Jags 31
This will not be the one game to prove the Texans are contenders, they have well proven that already. They made the Viks run hard for their money... :fight:

TsJagman said:
Although I will go along with everything else you have stated, have to point out that the WR's the Jags have are a bit better. I am gonna give the Jags the edge due to the fact we have 5 guys that Lefty can throw it to at any time, and this is not including the Jags, so far, not so great 1st round pick. I did group our TE's together, so it would be TE/WR's.

Everything else, right on the money. There is a slight edge on LB's, the reason I give you guys the edge, you employ more on the field at one time. Not a huge edge, but one none the less.
Carr has four guys he can throw it to and as of right now:

Andre Johnson > Jimmy Smith
Jabar Gaffney > Reggie Williams
Corey Bradford > Troy Edwards
Derick Armstrong > Earnest Wilford
Billy Miller < Kyle Brady

I really dont see how you can think that Leftwitch has a better WR corps than Carr.

On the LBs crew, I gave the edge to the Texans because of Jamie Sharper.

Fiddy said:
Carr has four guys he can throw it to and as of right now:

Andre Johnson > Jimmy Smith
Jabar Gaffney > Reggie Williams
Corey Bradford > Troy Edwards
Derick Armstrong > Earnest Wilford
Billy Miller < Kyle Brady

I really dont see how you can think that Leftwitch has a better WR corps than Carr.

On the LBs crew, I gave the edge to the Texans because of Jamie Sharper.
You guys might not think so but I would have to give Andre and Jimmy a push. Jimmy is really fast and knows the game really well and Andre looks like a top 15 reciever already. Plus with the Jaime Sharper Comment the Jags have Mike Peterson who is 3rd in the league but if you havent had your bye it would be about equal. Plus in a 3-4 your linebackers get more tackles than they would in a 4-3.

I don't know if comparing the WRs against each other makes sense. But comparing the Texan WRs to the Jags CBs does.

Andre Johnson > Rashean Mathis
Jabar Gaffney > Dewayne Washington
Corey Bradford > Juran Bolden
Derick Armstrong > Kiwaukee Thomas

These are the matchups that favor the Texans the most. Look back to the Texan/Jag game last year at Reliant, and it was the Texans spreading the field with 3 WRs that allowed Carr to start out 7-8 for 80 yards in the 1st 2 series. Fumble problems by the RBs (sound familiar?) let the Jags back in that game, but they showed their vulnerability to multiple WR sets.

And they're still vulnerable as the Indy game attests. Indy passed at will in the spread set, it was the Jag offense that stopped the Colts offense by staging long drives all day long. Call me mental, but I think the Texans will do a better job than the Colts in getting Leftwich, Taylor, & Smith off the field. I also think Palmer remembers how Carr & the WRs jumped all over the Jags DBs last year.

Texans 27
Jags 20

I predict that I am going to have a heart attack before the game even starts. I have never in all my life been worried about a game as much as I am this one. I predict that this is going to be an awesome game and I will leave it at that.

Evilzorac said:
Hello I am new here. My perdiction
Jags 21
tinhorns 10

Sorry guys I think you have a good team but not quite there yet. But I do love some of your picks :hehe:

Ok its obvious you are new to our board ,,,RULES

1) Dont come on the Texans board and call us the Tinhorns

2) No way you beat us by even that much IF you do win, but you'll most likly lose at reliant you might have a better chance at your field.

3) Oh yeah my prediction (MY TEAMS BOARD REMIND YOU)

TEXANS 38
Jags 3

Hmmmm how was that ok ok i might have made it closer for you guys than it really will be but i dont want any suicidle thoughts so we'll just leave it at that !

Hmmmm i go to say i believe i know where this game is going.
Jacksonville is ocming off of a HUGE victory. The players are extremely pumped at this point and ready to show the nation they are for real. The win at Indy proved that a win this week would catapult them to a possible dividion favortie. That coupled with the talent i see in this team make this a tough game to be "logical" about. I beliee Jacksonville will explode this week. I hate to say it (or you texan fans sake) but i think the win over Indy really got this Offense going. I hope i'm right, you hope i'm wrong.

My PIck
Jags-34
Taxans-17

now all of you can get mad at me and tell me i'm wonrg. But thats hwo i feel. I also knew they would win the Indy game this time last week, just a gut feeling.

a gut feeling huh ??? Ya ever get those after a loss it hits ya right in tha gut !!!!!! Hope ur used to that man its not a good feeling (trust me),,,,but your offense did exploed against who ???? Oh yeah The colts i mean we know how good of a defense they have RIGHT hahahahaha ok ok sorry dont want to take anything away from your win but lets face it their D is hopeless ,,,they only win because of Manning and their offense ! Explode haha good one

TexansTrueFan said:
a gut feeling huh ??? Ya ever get those after a loss it hits ya right in tha gut !!!!!! Hope ur used to that man its not a good feeling (trust me),,,,but your offense did exploed against who ???? Oh yeah The colts i mean we know how good of a defense they have RIGHT hahahahaha ok ok sorry dont want to take anything away from your win but lets face it their D is hopeless ,,,they only win because of Manning and their offense ! Explode haha good one

WELL i dont wanna pick a fight to start... however... i never said the jags offense exploded against Indy. What i saw was more of the same really, scoring points when they were needed to keep it close and pulling it off in the end. WHAT I DID SAY IS. I believe the jags will explode this week. That is against the Texans. I believe the Texans are a good football team, and that is no lie, i just believe that after a game such as the win IN Indianapolis this team will play hard and strong against a tough division opponent and do it well and win the game, convincingly.

OK DID YOU NOT READ WHAT I SAID ???? the reason they looked so good on offense last week was because INDY HAS NOOOOOO DEFENSE !!!!!!!! you understand that hard concept ???? A mediocra offense goes against a terrible defense and they look GOOD common sense my friend. And our D is not near as bad as the colts so why would you explode against us when you didnt even explode against the colts terrible D ? A lil momentium for yall YES but bad colts defense this week NO,,,you got G. Walker , Robaire Smith, A. Glenn, Dunta Robinson, Jamie Sharper, etc and not to mention our MORE high powered offense than yours !

I dont believe you realize that the Jags had ample opportunity to score 40+ points in that game. There were several drives stalled in the red zone where jax did not get 7. add another 16 to that and they scored 40.
I think they figured a few things out against Indy in the run game, a few new plays came up in that game that pushed fred taylor for his first big game of the season. The addition to a now near healthy TE in Kyle Brady helped out a lot in that situation as well as passing game as Brady is cathcing clutch passes other TE's were missing. (i.e. the 2nd quarter TD) several balls have been dropped on 3rd downs and in end zone by TE's. Brady doesnt drop very many balls, and Taylor gets a bulk of his yards to the strong side of the field when Brady is healthy (historically, includidng yesterday). Byron also continues to grow, and in that comes confidence from the coaches, allowing him to do more each week. This team has opened up the offense a little more every week. Every week we score more points and look more impressive. I dont think this is a coinsidence and I dont think this will change this week, they will continue to grow, including in the house of your beloved Texans.

wow taylor had a big game ??? hmmm does it have anything to do against the Colts Bad D ??? Can u even read man ? i know i watched the game and the colts held little resistance,,,all the things ur saying just backs my claim the reason yall had such a good game is because of their bad D !!!!

Here's what i don't understand. Why do some of you guys think your offense is going to put up such high numbers? Your offense isn't as good as the Colts and we held them TWICE to 24. In fact only San Diego, in a game played poorly by Jags D, has scored more points. I don't see either team in this game scoring over 24 if either team even reaches 20. You guys keep saying how both our defense and offense aren't all that great, but all that matters is they are good enough and have been 5 out the last 7 weeks. It will be a close game 7 point difference at most and I'll be there cheering my Jags on.

UCFJag said:
Hmmmm i go to say i believe i know where this game is going.
Jacksonville is ocming off of a HUGE victory. The players are extremely pumped at this point and ready to show the nation they are for real. The win at Indy proved that a win this week would catapult them to a possible dividion favortie. That coupled with the talent i see in this team make this a tough game to be "logical" about. I beliee Jacksonville will explode this week. I hate to say it (or you texan fans sake) but i think the win over Indy really got this Offense going. I hope i'm right, you hope i'm wrong.

My PIck
Jags-34
Taxans-17

now all of you can get mad at me and tell me i'm wonrg. But thats hwo i feel. I also knew they would win the Indy game this time last week, just a gut feeling.

Your right. Since Jville beat Indy by 3 i think they are going to win all there remaining games and the SB too. :hehe: :rofl: :hehe:

TsJagman said:

Don't worry man. Lefty will be throwing to a great 1st round pick. Dunta Robinson. He'll get a couple of "catches ", maybe even a TD. :boxing:

longhornjag said:
Here's what i don't understand. Why do some of you guys think your offense is going to put up such high numbers? Your offense isn't as good as the Colts and we held them TWICE to 24. In fact only San Diego, in a game played poorly by Jags D, has scored more points. I don't see either team in this game scoring over 24 if either team even reaches 20. You guys keep saying how both our defense and offense aren't all that great, but all that matters is they are good enough and have been 5 out the last 7 weeks. It will be a close game 7 point difference at most and I'll be there cheering my Jags on.

Two reasons. We average 23 points a game, you average 17.4 points a game.

And you have played Indy's terrible defense twice.

Texans 30, Jags 17.

longhornjag said:

Well here is one way to look at it.

our strength is our passing game.. and your passing defense is 22nd in the league.

Above you is Tennessee and Oakland.. 2 teams we have beaten. Below you is Detroit and San Diego.. the first two teams we played and lost too, but honestly most texans fans arent counting those games since we were not "ourselves" at that time.

Also below you is Minnesota.. who beat us on the strength of their offense.. but just barely.

you have a great run defense.. but at this point our running game only has to be good enough to make you consider it.. not be dominant. And it is good enough to do that.

So.. if you think about it. We have played 2 of the best offenses in the game in Minnesota and KC... beating one and almost beating the other.. your offense is not close to theirs (you are 15th, they are 1st and 5th) And we have played two passing defenses above yours, and won.

SO.. looking at it from a statistical standpoint.. we have you beat on both offense and defense.

Now.. to be fair, lets look at it from your standpoint.

You have played against one passing offense better than ours, Indi, and won. You have also played alot of rushing offenses better than ours, KC, SD, Ten, Indi, and Denver (btw, did you know we have a higher ranked rushing offense than you? we average more yards per game and have 5 tds to your 4)

these teams have a better passing defense than us: KC, Tennessee, Denver, and Buffalo. and EVERY team you played had a better rushing defense than us.

So then.. statistically you could say that we have the worst defense you have come up against.. and are about average as offenses you have played goes.

Here is the kicker though.

We have the "worst" rushing defense.. yet we shut down tennessee who has a rushing offense far bette than yours. we have the worse passing defense.. yet 2 of the teams we beat have a higher passing offense than yours.

SO.. what can we deduce from all this?

stats dont mean ****.. and we are still going to win.

Well I'm not gonna get caught up in the who's better than who situation. Both teams have their strengths that can capitalize on the others weakness'. This is going to be one hell of a game. I see it as a low scoring game though with the Texans pulling it out 13 - 10 and Indy getting smoked by the Chiefs revitalized offense. It will be a fun weekend in the AFC South.

Here's what i don't understand. Why do some of you guys think your offense is going to put up such high numbers? Your offense isn't as good as the Colts

Total ofense in NFL, clots #3 Texans # 8, team offense QB rating, clots #2 Texans #4, points per game scored clots #1 Texans #8, total passing yards clots #5 Texans #10, might not be as good as the clots but pretty darn close.

on paper we look better to have the adavntages against jacksonville, but with this emerging "it" factor they seem to possess, it'll be a dog fight. if a jag takes another cheap shot at a texan this year (like the one on JJ in the first game last year) i hope antwan peek lays jack del rio out, helmet through his chin. good, tough game regardless that will be a good indicator of were the texans are at....its battle red for a reason!!
texans - 17
jags - 13

I think we split with the Jags and Colts and sweep the Thumbtacks this year. We stay undefeated in the Battle Red jerseys.

Texans 24, Jaguars 17

Grid said:
Well here is one way to look at it... the first two teams we played and lost too, but honestly most texans fans arent counting those games since we were not "ourselves" at that time.

We have played 2 of the best offenses in the game in Minnesota and KC... beating one and almost beating the other.. your offense is not close to theirs

Once upon a time the Jags offense were too "not ourselves". You have no idea how badly we missed Brady. 2 Rookie WR's... Hey it was tough start, but the Jags still managed to scratch out victories while experiencing the growing pains associated with such a young team. I think the team being so young contributes to their ability to out play other teams in the 4th. :thumbup

Our offense out played KC when we faced them. Our offense out played the Vikings last week. Jags are much closer to being one of the best offenses in the league than you think. Wake up. We just had 4 games averaging over 300 yards a game passing to an average of about 10 receivers a game. Jaguars offense is only getting better. :thumbup

Our offense is averaging 259 yards passing a game. I don't think many people here would argue that both of our teams have young QB's who are on the rise and that both of our offenses as a whole are on the rise. Just my opinion.

Back