Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Teddy Bridgewater

More interesting info

Bdo1zFpCYAEYZ6B.png:large

Brigewater's overthrow numbers could likely he decrease with some tweaks to his delivery, as others have mentoned.

And further evidence to stay far far away from Carr.

Looks like my Mettenberger campaigned gained a little more traction. :chickendance:

I know I don't need a chart to stay away from him. He stunk it up at a lowsy USC. That was his chance to put himself into consideration and he didn't deliver.

I wasn't defending Carr. The point was Manziel is the outlier more so than Carr.

When coupled with the info here:
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum

I think it does become "further" evidence to avoid Carr. That's a high inaccuracy percentage when you are throwing nearly half of your passes short. If Carr was pushing the ball downfield more than average, the inaccuracy would be much more tolerable.

We'd need the location of the misthrown balls to tie the two together. It's a reasonable surmise though.

I know this is going to be a stupid question but why could Bridgewaters over throws be improved with some tweeks but not Carr?

I read that Carr has a very quick release and one of the strongest arms. Could a % of his over throws be down to not controlling the power?

I am not in any camp for the QB's btw.

Last edited:
I know this is going to be a stupid question but why could Bridgewaters over throws be improved with some tweeks but not Carr?

I read that Carr has a very quick release and one of the strongest arms. Could a % of his over throws be down to not controlling the power?

I am not in any camp for the QB's btw.

I can't really answer your question, but a part of it probably is, that about every 3d pass by Carr was a screen, while for Bridgewater it was only every 10th. So Bridgewater is overall a lot more accurate in his throws. Also it seems like Bridgewater sometimes has a bad technique on long balls and a great technique at other times. So it might just need some practise. Can't speak about Carr in this regard though.

Being small is not an indication of being frail. There are many instances of huge guys being frequently injured and small guys being ironmen. You just have to look at each individual instead of immediately herding them into a certain category based purely on measurements.

The size thing has been beaten to death but who would you take first;

Teddy Bridgewater - 6-3 215
or
Teddy Bridgewater - 6-1 195

I take the first guy every time all other things equal. That doesn't mean the first thing you look at is height/weight but to pretend it plays no part in the decision process is off-base.

The size thing has been beaten to death but who would you take first;

Teddy Bridgewater - 6-3 215
or
Teddy Bridgewater - 6-1 195

I take the first guy every time all other things equal. That doesn't mean the first thing you look at is height/weight but to pretend it plays no part in the decision process is off-base.

Of course it does - but one of these 2 players will not be available at the draft. You take who you think gives you the best to win. And the second guy you listed could be the guy that best helps our team win come draft day when you compare him to the other QBs and guys like Clowney. Of course you`d like your QB to have the weight and size of your prototypical QB and if it is too far from that you might look the other way. But Bridgewater is definetly not too small to play QB. You just have to evaluate the whole package and then decide, if you are comfortable with him although he might be a couple of inches shorter than you`d like.

im not worried about his weight.

the kid went from this in HS...

TeddyBridgewater2_display_image.jpg

to this now (after losing weight in the offseason due to his oral surgery)...

teddy-bridgewater.jpg

if you look at this frame, he has plenty of room for more

fllt7t.jpg

im not worried about his weight.

the kid went from this in HS...

TeddyBridgewater2_display_image.jpg

to this now (after losing weight in the offseason due to his oral surgery)...

teddy-bridgewater.jpg

if you look at this frame, he has plenty of room for more

fllt7t.jpg

Those pics don't prove anything. I'll wait till the official weights are announced.

Those pics don't prove anything. I'll wait till the official weights are announced.

i'm not trying to prove how much he actually weighs. the point is, weight won't and shouldn't be an issue going forward, IMO. the kid hasn't even hit an NFL weight room or workout regimen yet.

What's more likely; Teddy weighing 210lbs or Manziel being 6'1"?

We need a pre-combine poll hahaha

Of course it does - but one of these 2 players will not be available at the draft.

That's not the question. All things being equal do you take the smaller Tb or the bigger one? You take the bigger frame. And you know if you read his post without biased that you take the bigger Tb. If you wanna argue Manziel is the better college player, cool I get it. That wasn't his point.

Maybe I'll rephrase his question a different way. Would you take a 6 foot 190 Manziel or the 6'3 210 lb Manziel? One of those players has questions attached to his stature and the other does not.

What's more likely; Teddy weighing 210lbs or Manziel being 6'1"?

We need a pre-combine poll hahaha

What's funny, is that 210lbs is still underweight. All it does is show promise that the kid can still add more weight. It would mean all those games played in college, were under 210lbs. Because gaining weight was surely a goal for the combine.

6'3" 215lbs is the bottom end of prototypical. Maybe you think his abilities compensates for that 5 lbs. I'm not saying it does/doesn't, just throwing it out there.

If he had been out at a game, even one quarter this season I would worry about his weight. But the kid is durable, never shown signs to be injury prone so I won't make an issue of it. What I will make an issue of is the gloves. Can he still throw the same with the gloves?. I know Kurt Warner rocked the gloves later in his career just wondering if Teddy will use them throughout his career.

What's funny, is that 210lbs is still underweight. All it does is show promise that the kid can still add more weight. It would mean all those games played in college, were under 210lbs. Because gaining weight was surely a goal for the combine.

6'3" 215lbs is the bottom end of prototypical. Maybe you think his abilities compensates for that 5 lbs. I'm not saying it does/doesn't, just throwing it out there.

I think you're making good points all over this thread. But I also think that you're so scared of the size issue that you're overlooking several more important factors.

Not surprising that Eric wouldn't endorse pocket passer. Have you seen his pass blocking?

Makes no sense ... much easier to protect for a pocket QB, rather than one running all over the place. Eric actually said he wouldn't want to play with Manziel because he would be a nightmare to block for, but thinks he is a better prospect than Bridgewater, as is Bortles in his opinion.

Last edited:
I think you're making good points all over this thread. But I also think that you're so scared of the size issue that you're overlooking several more important factors.

I'm just throwing it out there. I've already said if he weighs in at 215 I want the Texans to draft him. If he weighs in at 210 & the Texans draft him, I'm "okay" with it. If he wieghs in under 210 & the Texans draft him at 1-1, I've got my "I told you so" ready.

6'3" 215lbs = prototypical = 1-1

6'3" 210lbs + high scores in intangibles = 1-1

6'3" <210 + high scores in intangibles does not.

Makes no sense ... much easier to protect for a pocket QB, rather than one running all over the place. Eric actually said he wouldn't want to play with Manziel because the would be a nightmare to block for, but thinks he is a better prospect than Bridgewater, as is Bortles in his opinion.

Winston was not very good at pass blocking, regardless what he says. He faired well against power rushers.... but there really aren't many of those in the league. He struggled against speed/finesse rushers.... of whom there are a lot.

I'm just throwing it out there. I've already said if he weighs in at 215 I want the Texans to draft him. If he weighs in at 210 & the Texans draft him, I'm "okay" with it. If he wieghs in under 210 & the Texans draft him at 1-1, I've got my "I told you so" ready.

6'3" 215lbs = prototypical = 1-1

6'3" 210lbs + high scores in intangibles = 1-1

6'3" <210 + high scores in intangibles does not.

Chances are very high that he will weigh 215 at the Combine. Folks will call him Fat Teddy. Fat Teddy is probably chowing down on 2000 calorie breakfast as I type this and you read this. Whatever time you read this Fat Teddy will likely be feasting on a 2000 calorie meal that is appropriate for the that time of day. Before this day is out he likely consumes another 8000 calories +. Given Fat Teddy still has 6 more weeks before the Combine (end of Feb) he can easily pack on 15 lbs of weight and muscle.

The weight is a lesser concern for me. 8 1/2" hands, short arms, a 50 MPH are items that could drop Fat Teddy out of the Top 10 or even Rd 1 for me. Same items would also apply to Bortles, Manziel and all QBs for that matter.

Chances are very high that he will weigh 215 at the Combine. Folks will call him Fat Teddy. Fat Teddy is probably chowing down on 2000 calorie breakfast as I type this and you read this. Whatever time you read this Fat Teddy will likely be feasting on a 2000 calorie meal that is appropriate for the that time of day. Before this day is out he likely consumes another 8000 calories +. Given Fat Teddy still has 6 more weeks before the Combine (end of Feb) he can easily pack on 15 lbs of weight and muscle.

Then you understand why it would be a major red flag if he weighs in under 210.

I'm not saying I think he will. I want nothing more for the Texans to draft a prototypical franchise QB with intangibles.

The weight is a lesser concern for me. 8 1/2" hands, short arms, a 50 MPH are items that could drop Fat Teddy out of the Top 10 or even Rd 1 for me. Same items would also apply to Bortles, Manziel and all QBs for that matter.

How does adding all that weight affect him in the drills ?? This will be interesting to say the least.

Those small hands along with the way he has a tendency to hold the ball low really bug me .... potential to be a turnover machine.

How does adding all that weight affect him in the drills ?? This will be interesting to say the least.

Those small hands along with the way he has a tendency to hold the ball low really bug me .... potential to be a turnover machine.

I've read somewhere that Teddy has big hands he just likes to wear gloves ... FWIW .

825867.jpg

Last edited:
Then you understand why it would be a major red flag if he weighs in under 210.

I'm not saying I think he will. I want nothing more for the Texans to draft a prototypical franchise QB with intangibles.

Good Point! If he's had 2 months to pack on the lbs and still weighs in underweight that is a cause for concern.

What if he weighs 215 and runs a 4.6 as opposed to Bortles 4.85 ?

If he weighs 215 he meets the weight of prototypical franchise QB. He's already as prolific as any franchise QB was in college. Reports are that he has the work ethic, intelligence, and other intangibles of a franchise QB. And he's been playing in a pro system for years.

His weight & level of competition would make him a questionable pick, imo, passing on him would be just as understandable as taking him with the #1 overall. If he settles the weight issue at the combine then passing him becomes harder to explain than taking him.

Not to be negative Nancy, but small hands point to small frame.

If he weighs 215 he meets the weight of prototypical franchise QB. He's already as prolific as any franchise QB was in college. Reports are that he has the work ethic, intelligence, and other intangibles of a franchise QB. And he's been playing in a pro system for years.

His weight & level of competition would make him a questionable pick, imo, passing on him would be just as understandable as taking him with the #1 overall. If he settles the weight issue at the combine then passing him becomes harder to explain than taking him.

Not to be negative Nancy, but small hands point to small frame.

His coach says that Teddy has big hands and he just likes gloves . Look at the length of his hands compared to his head . Also look at the tip of the thumb and pinkie , they cover half the ball .

825867.jpg

His coach says that Teddy has big hands and he just likes gloves . Look at the length of his hands compared to his head . Also look at the tip of the thumb and pinkie , they cover half the ball .

825867.jpg

So he's got a small head.

If he's got large/small hands, that will come out at the combine. It doesn't hurt now to say "small hands indicate small frame"

Thing is you're making stuff up also. TB doesn't hold the ball low,plus he keeps 2 hands on the ball even when he's climbing or navigating in the pocket. That's why when he takes sacks,the ball doesn't move,nor do you see guys run by and knock the ball out.

So he's got a small head.

If he's got large/small hands, that will come out at the combine. It doesn't hurt now to say "small hands indicate small frame"

It does if the bolded is not true.

The length of the phalanges and metacarpals in a person's hand has no impact on the size of anything else on the rest of his body.

How about we see what his height, weight, and hand size are at the combine? Then we can tear it apart. At this point it's unknown.

His hands appear at least average size to me. Who cares if the guy wears gloves? He wouldn't be the only successful QB in the NFL who did.

For the record, if his hands measure small at the combine it will be a red flag, no matter what the TB lovers say.

Back