Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tacks Plan to Take Schaub Out..........

And if Al doesn't cheap shot, he won't need to worry about him hobbling off the field before the end of the game.
Trust me, Al does not have to cheap shot Schaub in order to make him hobble off the field, like he has so many times in the past. You're smoking PCP laced crack if you think that every sack (or even any of them) that Al has had on Schaub was a cheap shot.

Man, you guys sound about as bad with this Al/cheap shot thing, as Buffalo fans do about the Music City Miracle.

Trust me, Al does not have to cheap shot Schaub in order to make him hobble off the field, like he has so many times in the past. You're smoking PCP laced crack if you think that every sack (or even any of them) that Al has had on Schaub was a cheap shot.

Man, you guys sound about as bad with this Al/cheap shot thing, as Buffalo fans do about the Music City Miracle.

I hate that thing too. Talk about getting the crappy end of the stick there. Houston gets "The Comeback" and then Nashville gets to enjoy the revenge for the aforementioned comeback. You got the gold mine and we got the shaft.

Nobody here thinks every tackle that Albert ever recorded was cheap. We just hate the guy and we hate your team and we hate you (for this week at least). Is that so hard to understand?

Cite me the rule on that. You cannot hit the QB in the head or below the knees, and you cannot drive the QB into the ground. Albert did not contact Schaub's helmet nor did he drive him into the ground; neither one of them left their feet, which is usually what constitutes driving someone to the ground.
There was a play during one of the Pats' games, and one of the safeties absolutely popped Wes Welker after the ball was tipped. Welker left his feet and hit the ground on his back. THAT is driving someone to the ground.

I'm waiting on that rule...

I left school a long time ago so I am not taking homework assignments anymore. Wes Welker is irrelevant--the rules are different, right or wrong, for QBs. It was a flagged play that was properly called. The ball was gone and instead of letting his momentum carry him Haynesworth drove through and hunched his body to have his full weight hit Schaub's torso. You can see the beginning in the picture posted in this thread. The league even reviewed the play the next week and decided it was properly called.

Two facts of life:
1) Albert's shot was cheap
2) The MCM was a forward lateral (but I'm okay with it, given the outcome of how the titans lost the Super Bowl).

Two facts of life:
1) Albert's shot was cheap
2) The MCM was a forward lateral (but I'm okay with it, given the outcome of how the titans lost the Super Bowl).

Booyah! It never gets old:

superbowl34_rams_titans.jpg

I hate that thing too. Talk about getting the crappy end of the stick there. Houston gets "The Comeback" and then Nashville gets to enjoy the revenge for the aforementioned comeback. You got the gold mine and we got the shaft.

I have much respect for Bruce Mathews, but he tried to say that MSM somehow rectified The Meltdown. Sorry, Bruce, but you're wrong, wrong, and WRONG.

Smoking PCP laced with crack??? Thank you but I have no desire to partake in a Titans favorite past time. BTW, the hobbling "him" I was referring to was Al, not Schaub.:tiphat:

Nobody here thinks every tackle that Albert ever recorded was cheap. We just hate the guy and we hate your team and we hate you (for this week at least). Is that so hard to understand?

I was at Rich Stadium that frigging day. Not only did I suffer through the worst sports experience of my lifetime (to me this still sucks more than Dyson) but I then had to deal with the real trailer park trash (Bills fans are truly as bad as it gets) and got the worst cold for a bout a week.

The MSM gave me no absolution for the "comeback." It still hurts every time ESPN or Fox does a Best of something. I still want to puke, 15 years later.

I kicked my then GF out of the house that day so I could watch in peace. She had NO idea what she was coming home to and the damage that a PO'd Texan_Bill can do to remote controls, TV's, dishes, pots, pans, and just about anything not nailed down.

I kicked my then GF out of the house that day so I could watch in peace. She had NO idea what she was coming home to and the damage that a PO'd Texan_Bill can do to remote controls, TV's, dishes, pots, pans, and just about anything not nailed down.

Imagine how I felt having dozens of Bills fans rub it in my face while I was thinking violent thoughts. I shoulda left early to beat traffic after the McDowell Pick6....

I was at Rich Stadium that frigging day. Not only did I suffer through the worst sports experience of my lifetime (to me this still sucks more than Dyson) but I then had to deal with the real trailer park trash (Bills fans are truly as bad as it gets) and got the worst cold for a bout a week.

The MSM gave me no absolution for the "comeback." It still hurts every time ESPN or Fox does a Best of something. I still want to puke, 15 years later.

I was at "The Choke" also... and believe me, I packed NOTHING but Oilers clothing... so leaving back to the bus decked out head to toe in Oiler gear was definitely a trip... I was just a young teenager at the time, but that didn't stop the Bills fans from a BRUTAL verbal assault, LOL.

On the plane ride home, we had a layover in Chicago... I remember walking around at O'Hare airport wearing my Oilers Starter jacket and people coming up and trying to comfort me. LOL

I was at "The Choke" also... and believe me, I packed NOTHING but Oilers clothing... so leaving back to the bus decked out head to toe in Oiler gear was definitely a trip... I was just a young teenager at the time, but that didn't stop the Bills fans from a BRUTAL verbal assault, LOL.

On the plane ride home, we had a layover in Chicago... I remember walking around at O'Hare airport wearing my Oilers Starter jacket and people coming up and trying to comfort me. LOL

My buds did their best to console me, but it was no good. I was a mess for the entire ride home.

Holy crap. The Tacks MB has a whole forum dedicated to VY sucks threads--Link

Even in the HWWNBN days, things never got that bad around here. LOL, LOL, ...

This is a great discovery and it makes me think that all of our bitching over Sage and Schaub just pales in comparison to that... that... abomination.

Actually I think they created that forum to give the VY jock straps a place to dwell and talk about their hero because the majority of them are not even Titans fans. It's pretty pathetic.

Actually I think they created that forum to give the VY jock straps a place to dwell and talk about their hero because the majority of them are not even Titans fans. It's pretty pathetic.

Think about how bad this board would be if we had drafted him. Ugggghhhhh... thank goodness we didn't...

Yes we are.

Thanks LOL

Go back to the sister fu***** TACK board

:bat:

There is nothing in that quote that says they plan on "taking Schaub out." Of course they want to hit him, and he's proven to fold when he gets knocked around. You guys are making it sound like Terrell Suggs' "hit" he put out on Hines Ward a few weeks ago.

Here's an excerpt from an nice article written by aj (Alan Burge):

Back to Schaub's personal trail of tears against the Titans. I've put together a short summary of his three starts. If you're a Texans fan you might want to close one eye while reading this.

Week 7, 2007: Schaub suffers hip and ankle injuries and goes in and out of the game in the first half. He is eventually knocked out of the game for good after a hit by Albert Haynesworth just before halftime. Haynesworth received a roughing the passer penalty for the hit. Schaub's stat line: 5 for 9, 23 yards, sacked twice and fumbled once. This was the bizarre game when the Texans fell way behind, then scored 29 points in the 4th quarter and almost pulled off an incredible comeback in front of 10,000 of us who were making an impressive amount of noise banging on the seats.

Week 13, 2007: Schaub left the game with a dislocated shoulder after a sack by Antwan Odom with 3:16 remaining in the first quarter. His stat line: 3 for 5, 34 yards, sacked once. The Texans made a game of it in the 4th but eventually went down 28-20.

Week 3, 2008: Schaub makes it through the game but had a terrible day, completing only 17 of 37 passes for 117 yards, no touchdowns, three interceptions and two fumbles. This is one of those games where the Texans were upside down in turnovers and it would have been a much closer game than the 31-12 final if they had protected the ball. It was 24-12 Titans with a minute remaining when Cortland Finnegan returned Schaub interception #3 for a 99 yard touchdown.

What's interesting is to compare the game Schaub just had at Green Bay vs. the one in Week 3 at Tennessee that had some fans re-invoking the name "Ocho Stinko,' while others clamored for Sage. But Green Bay's defense is apples and Tennessee's is oranges.

The Titans will be primed to come in here and win this game primarily because of their opportunity to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

When I look at the Titans body of work this season, there are three things that jump out at me. First is that they boast the league's 3rd best rushing offense. Second is that they've given up more than 17 points only twice this season. Finally, they are +11 in turnover margin (it's not a ratio), which is second best in the league.

That's the way you win in this league. That and a dash of attitude ... but I guess that comes with the winning.

Jeff Fisher's guys know the Texans want to win this game badly so they will focus on shutting down Steve Slaton and getting inside Schaub's head.

Based on past performance, the latter will be easier than the former

Imagine how I felt having dozens of Bills fans rub it in my face while I was thinking violent thoughts. I shoulda left early to beat traffic after the McDowell Pick6....

I beleive that if I had witnessed that game in person (there in Buffalo) and had some Bill fan rubbing in my face, that I would just now be released on parole... :gun:

My buds did their best to console me, but it was no good. I was a mess for the entire ride home.

I was in high school when it happened.

I took a baseball bat out to one of our trees and beat it against the tree until the bat was in splinters. It was like 10-degrees and a brutal 30 mph wind outside on the high plains of Texas that day...so you can imagine a teenager standing out there for about 20 minutes just wailing away at the tree, yelling, cussing, crying, and then marching back to the house with a sick stomach the rest of the day.

LOL. Even asked my parents to keep me home from school so I wouldn't have to face all my friends. NFL was THE big thing amongst my pals...and they were going to rag me for that meltdown.

Definitely the worst sports experience for me. Was so bad...that the Astros losing the World Series to the White Sox in four straight games was not even all that big of a deal. It sucked, but NOWHERE near like that day in Buffalo.

We freaking HAD them. :headhurts:

Back