Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tacks Plan to Take Schaub Out..........

I'm not advocating hurting anyone but this line needs to do what is within the confines of the game to protect our QB. I hope Haynesworth spouting off drives that into their minds and makes them focus on him. IF the Texans are going to pull the upset we're going to have to keep Matt upright and create holes for Slaton.

On defense we need Mario to take this to heart and go after Collins every chance he gets. We might not be built to play smash mouth football but if we play smart we'll be in every game.

And since that incident (which pissed me off bigtime BTW), the man served his suspension (I was fine if he had been put on the sideline for the season) and since then, has cleaned up his act bigtime. He's become a leader on the field, and much more humble off it. He had two choices after that moment - go to football hell and never come out of it, or grow the hell up and get some maturity. He chose the latter, and the Titans have benefitted bigtime from it.
THIS!!!! ^^^^
Honestly, get over it already. Do any of you see any of us bringing up David Carr? Didn't think so.

But based on some of these ridiculous posts rooting for players to hurt Al, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't be rooting for him to squash the hell out of your QB again.
Don't worry. I'm sure Al and crew have thought of this by now and will be more than ready for any chop blocking.
Oh and remember, even if Al isn't on the line, we have an up and coming beast by the name of Jason Jones to fill in for him. Same deal with up and coming Dave Ball(and Jacob Ford) filling in for KVB. So don't think you'll see any less pressure with either or both (Al and KVB) on the sidelines.

For anyone who might be surprised by some of the venom spewed in this thread towards Haynesworth...............you might want to see this short clip. Despite the fact that it involves a Cowboys player on the receiving end, it still leaves you with a cold chill as to the inner "workings" of the mindset of a not so "nice" character.

I didn't need to see that clip to remind me why Fat Albert is a punk. Titan fan can defend him all they want, but facts are facts. Driving a QB into the turf after the ball is gone is cheap. Whining like a little beyotch because of a blocking scheme is weak...

THIS!!!! ^^^^
Honestly, get over it already. Do any of you see any of us bringing up David Carr? Didn't think so.

Don't worry. I'm sure Al and crew have thought of this by now and will be more than ready for any chop blocking.
Oh and remember, even if Al isn't on the line, we have an up and coming beast by the name of Jason Jones to fill in for him. Same deal with up and coming Dave Ball(and Jacob Ford) filling in for KVB. So don't think you'll see any less pressure with either or both (Al and KVB) on the sidelines.

Why would you? He is no monger on our roster, he is on the Giants roster as a back up. Albert Haynesworth is a dirty player that is still on your roster that has put a cheap shot on our QB already.

Simple. Fat Albert is a POS.

And since that incident (which pissed me off bigtime BTW), the man served his suspension (I was fine if he had been put on the sideline for the season) and since then, has cleaned up his act bigtime. He's become a leader on the field, and much more humble off it.

Humble?!? Pffffffft. Pleeeeease!!

I may be in the minority (and not singling you out).. but I prefer them (tiny-ones) to be full strength.

what I hate is every year (and it will happen) is fans debate about our record (Texans) and the "hollow wins" of another team resting their starters against us

And understandably so,if I team is already in the playoffs I understand them resting the starters so they can get ready for the 2nd season

with that said, Titans (if I recall) are still fighting for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The bottom line with this season is that for all the QB turnovers, all of the missed tackles and DBs being burnt, and all of the times Rick Smith didn't send six..... or did and no one got there: We had our shot early in the season with the first Jacksonville and Indy games.

Hollow ? Knowing with those two games in our hip pocket, we wouldn't only be pressing for a play off spot, we'd hold tie breakers on a couple of teams.

No matter what happens the rest of the way, They drafted with a lot of chips on Okoye. They gave a lot of faith in Green, Weaver and Greenwood.

And all season long Okoye has been a half step/ second too slow making plays. Weaver has turned the jets on....but just as the play on the goal line demonstrates when he had Rodgers one on one on the goal line and missed, he's lost what ever explosion they saw when they picked him up.
Greenwood has been marginal in space for a while now.
That is the Texans '08 season in a pea pod. 6-10 or 9-7 really doesn't matter. They had their shot in '08 and spit the bit in October. Moral victories are for losers.

THIS!!!! ^^^^

Fat Albert is a dirty player who deliberatly takes cheap shots to injure other players when he can. He is a POS and so is anybody who defends him.

And since that incident (which pissed me off bigtime BTW), the man served his suspension (I was fine if he had been put on the sideline for the season) and since then, has cleaned up his act bigtime. He's become a leader on the field, and much more humble off it. He had two choices after that moment - go to football hell and never come out of it, or grow the hell up and get some maturity. He chose the latter, and the Titans have benefitted bigtime from it.

Go ahead and judge him based on that, but there is a significant amount of time that has elapsed since then and he has done absolutely nothing but play clean tough football.

But based on some of these ridiculous posts rooting for players to hurt Al, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't be rooting for him to squash the hell out of your QB again.

Let me start off by saying I think Fat Al's an asshat.

That said, I guess I'm just old school when it comes to football. I think with each play there should be an all out war in the trenches. Even though Fat Al has done some stupid things, he's a beast in the trenches.

Some people around here ***** about the way Al plays, yet would want him to be a Texan in a heartbeat.

Old School = Deacon Jones, Howie Long, Lyle Alzado, Elvin Bethea, Curly Culp, Mean Joe Green, Ed 'Too Tall' Jones, Bill Romanowski, Ronnie Lott, Randy White, Jack Lambert, Joe Klecko, etc., etc.

I don't think many old school players gave a damn if they hurt your QB much less anyone else. LOL!

Guess we'll agree to disagree here Bill, although your commentary about my (lack thereof) set of teeth reminds me that you don't exactly spew a lack of emotion on the subject.

I thought you once told me that you were originally from Houston?? Thus, you have a full set of teeth.

How are any of you surprised that Albert Haynesworth is talking **** about our QB before our two teams play?

Where have you guys been the last 2 seasons?

Also RMB_Titan: Your boy Haynesworth got fined and flagged by the league multiple times for late hits and helmet-to-helmet jobbers (Especially last year). If your ignorant of these incidents there's a webpage called "google" that could probably answer any of your inquiries.

We need to establish the run early and often, consume clock and keep the pressure on Collins and Co on defense. If the Titans get some picks and/or get up by 2-3 scores, they are going to ignore the run, pin their ears back and come at Schaub.

If they start blitzing a lot, some draws, screens and the like should help. That little screen pass to Slaton last week was drawn up to perfection. Come on Titans, I dare ya. Send the crew, and Slaton will see you in the end zone after torching you for 6.

But, my game plan would be heavy run the first couple of series until we can get a better sense of their game plan and then ease into a 50/50 run pass mix if at all possible.

On defense, I would focus on slowing their running game first and foremost, so that likely means bringing 8 in the box on most plays, and a couple of well timed blitzes each quarter to throw off Collins should keep us in the game.

As far as Fat Albert, let him try it. I was disgusted last game with his late hits. Enough already. I'm tired of the Texans playing soft and having a soft persona. We need to send a message to the other 31 teams. If he keeps hitting Schaub after the play or in a dirty manner, it's time to bring out the hammer on this guy and let him have it.

Guess I'm a POS then.

Whine all you want but we're talking about retaliation rather than hurting him for the hell of it. After he ousted Schaub last year with his cheap shot there's no reason not to think he'll do it again especially after the crap he's said about him since.

I think Steve McKinney might be the only guy who I can remember running over to help our QB. That was soooo long ago, though.
Winston says they don't even notice he gets hit until the play's over. He said if he'd seen Allen hit Schaub's knee, he would have personally taken out Allen.

Whine all you want but we're talking about retaliation rather than hurting him for the hell of it. After he ousted Schaub last year with his cheap shot there's no reason not to think he'll do it again especially after the crap he's said about him since.

I called myself a POS and you say I'm whining? LMAO.

I'm just stunned that some of you are openly advocating taking his knees out and ruining his career. Classy and a lot worse IMO. What was his crime? A hard hit on a QB? Wow, defensive players never do that, although if Ryans were to do that I'll bet anything I own Texans' fans will be cheering the hell out of it.

Let me start off by saying I think Fat Al's an asshat.

That said, I guess I'm just old school when it comes to football. I think with each play there should be an all out war in the trenches. Even though Fat Al has done some stupid things, he's a beast in the trenches.

Some people around here ***** about the way Al plays, yet would want him to be a Texan in a heartbeat.

Old School = Deacon Jones, Howie Long, Lyle Alzado, Elvin Bethea, Curly Culp, Mean Joe Green, Ed 'Too Tall' Jones, Bill Romanowski, Ronnie Lott, Randy White, Jack Lambert, Joe Klecko, etc., etc.

I don't think many old school players gave a damn if they hurt your QB much less anyone else. LOL!

All out war......... within the definitions of the rules - and / or called it both ways equally. Guarantee you that if TJ drove Collins into the ground, it's called every single time.

I thought you once told me that you were originally from Houston?? Thus, you have a full set of teeth.

Having some fun Bro :) Had to give you a little hell. And yes I'm from Houston, which means I've also been to tons of smaller Texan towns that need dental interventions :)

Having some fun Bro :) Had to give you a little hell. And yes I'm from Houston, which means I've also been to tons of smaller Texan towns that need dental interventions :)

We warn people to stay away from East Texas, errrrrrr West Louisianna.

Playing hard nosed football is one thing, football is a violent sport. Deliberately trying to injure another player is quite another. There're not a lot of players who do that, but Haineworth is one of them.

Toothless Texan girls is cause thats the way some guys like em
Toothless Tennessean is cause there "aint no deentest in Teenessee"

Come on Canadien Tack fan it is war week and your trying to play nice.
let me rephraze

GLOVES ARE OFF

Toothless Texan girls is cause thats the way some guys like em
Toothless Tennessean is cause there "aint no deentest in Teenessee"

Come on Canadien Tack fan it is war week and your trying to play nice.
let me rephraze

GLOVES ARE OFF

Sry man, it's the 12-1 in me that has me playing nice. You guys win it's your Super Bowl. We win it's....13-1. We lose, we then have to care about the Steelers game. I can live with the downside.

Now if we were 8-5? Yeah big man, it would be on. :foottap:

Playing hard nosed football is one thing, football is a violent sport. Deliberately trying to injure another player is quite another. There're not a lot of players who do that, but Haineworth is one of them.

You're completely deluded if you don't think players on every team don't play with some edge.

I cover this league for my network and do 2 or 3 games minimum per week for scripting/highlights. There's a crappy hit that I would define as 'edgy' on almost every series - the difference only becomes when the player delivering the hit is from the home team that day. Then the stadium roars in approval.

I would easily state that the Hines Ward hit on Keith Rivers, or the Darrell Reid hits, or the hit by the Steeler CB/S that nearly killed Wes Welker were a hell of a lot more disgusting than the Hayneworth hit on Schaub, but like the Al hit, were defined as LEGAL.

Guess I'm a POS then.

You're not a POS toronto. You're a Titan fan and at times, depending on the forum and the week of the season that's arguably worse.

I like you man. In the NSZ we seem to often be on the same page and I respect your takes on many things. This weird allegiance to the Titans you have going on is the only real "problem" I ever have with you.

I've finally reached the point where I have this intense hatred of the Titans (and to a lesser degree the Colts) and to me that's a sign that I'm starting to truly care about the rivalries in the AFC South. I don't hate the Jags or Jags fan because those guys have been stumbling around in the dark since this division was formed. It's probably got a lot to do with the fact that in that matchup we've given as good as we've got so far. That can't be said for the Titans or the Colts. Both teams have owned us since we entered the league and I'm ready for it to come to a screeching halt. Enough is enough. To me "The Rosencopter Incident" as it will forever be known was like a dagger through my heart. It hurt to watch that happen and to have Schaub out for both matchups with them this year kills me.

Getting back to the Titans and the way this series has developed I dare say that to Houston NFL fan the Titans are sort of the AFC South's version of the Steelers. Theyr'e the target and the game that we seem to almost always lose but that we want more than anything. Sure the Colts are kind of like that too but the Titans have such an odd Houston connection that it pushes them out in front where the hatred is concerned. That's really it. I hate the Titans and (without it being personal if that's possible) I hate Titans fans. I want to see all of you disappointed every year, every week if possible. It's out of my hands toronto. This week I hate you. Sorry.

How are any of you surprised that Albert Haynesworth is talking **** about our QB before our two teams play?

Where have you guys been the last 2 seasons?
Well considering Schaub has been our tackling dummy ever since he became a Texan, I can see where he's coming from.

Also RMB_Titan: Your boy Haynesworth got fined and flagged by the league multiple times for late hits and helmet-to-helmet jobbers (Especially last year). If your ignorant of these incidents there's a webpage called "google" that could probably answer any of your inquiries.
Yes he did, unjustly I might add. The (extremely shitty) refs were unfairly watching him and would flag him for anything. I saw plenty of plays after that where the defender was much more obvious in roughing the passer than Al was and they didn't get called. Why? Because they weren't Haynesworth.
You should know as well as I do, the reffing in this league over the past few years, has went to ****; and that's every team, not just where we're concerned.
When Al 'suplexed' Maurice Jones Drew last year, he got flagged and fined for that, even though that tackle was just as legal as the speed limit.

Why would you? He is no monger on our roster, he is on the Giants roster as a back up. Albert Haynesworth is a dirty player that is still on your roster that has put a cheap shot on our QB already.

Exactly which play are you talking about? The one where he runs at Schaub, hits him and wraps him up simultaneously, and they both fall to the ground like a pair of trees? That was a legal hit buddy.

Exactly which play are you talking about? The one where he runs at Schaub, hits him and wraps him up simultaneously, and they both fall to the ground like a pair of trees? That was a legal hit buddy.

Look, we can argue over whether that should have been legal, but clear as day under the existing rules that was an illegal hit. A defensive player can't drive his body into the QB like Haynesworth did. Stop whining about it. And Texans fans need to stop whining about Haynesworth generally and the team needs to do their job to stop him. He is a great player who occasionally gets overenthusiastic. So be it.

I called myself a POS and you say I'm whining? LMAO.

I'm just stunned that some of you are openly advocating taking his knees out and ruining his career. Classy and a lot worse IMO. What was his crime? A hard hit on a QB? Wow, defensive players never do that, although if Ryans were to do that I'll bet anything I own Texans' fans will be cheering the hell out of it.

I was referencing all your comments, but I really hate long post quotes so I didn't do all of them.

But yeah, nothing wrong with people talking about retaliation in the event of another cheap shot. Someone saying he should be hurt on purpose just because he's an asshole is a different story and I haven't seen anyone here talking about that.

Besides it's mostly trash talking ... you really need to lighten up.

I say chop him on every play. Every play. Chop until he is on the sideline with ice packs on his knees. The only way you stop his crap it to take him out.

Call me classless if you want. That's just how I would do it. If I'm Gibbs, I'm offering to treat the entire line corps to Fugo De Chao if they take him out of the game.

I say chop him on every play. Every play. Chop until he is on the sideline with ice packs on his knees. The only way you stop his crap it to take him out.

Call me classless if you want. That's just how I would do it. If I'm Gibbs, I'm offering to treat the entire line corps to Fugo De Chao if they take him out of the game.

Screw that I'd take em to Fantasies Cabaret if I was treated to a press conference where Albert Haynesworth was bitching about "cut blocking" and "dirty tactics" after our tilt on Sunday.

Look, we can argue over whether that should have been legal, but clear as day under the existing rules that was an illegal hit. A defensive player can't drive his body into the QB like Haynesworth did. Stop whining about it. And Texans fans need to stop whining about Haynesworth generally and the team needs to do their job to stop him. He is a great player who occasionally gets overenthusiastic. So be it.

Agreed!!

To Toronto, or anyone else claiming Haynesworth has played clean ball since his incident -

Link

Chuck Smith, sitting 249 miles away in Atlanta, saw Haynesworth's merciless act and knew what was needed. The former Falcons defensive lineman operates Defensive Line, Inc., teaching combat to struggling pass-rushers. Guys like Atlanta's Patrick Kerney, Carolina's Mike Rucker and New Orleans' Charles Grant have employed him. Smith and Haynesworth had met before, both being former Tennessee Vols, but had never exchanged more than passing hellos until the day after Haynesworth's suspension, when his cell phone rang.

"You're in a tough situation," Smith said to him. "But I want to teach you. If they play dirty, you've got to play dirty too." To Smith, Haynesworth lost control because he was letting opponents kick his butt with no repercussions. No one feared him. "You've gotta learn how to get after their asses."

Those words resonated in a way that reflection in Peters' office could not. So every Tuesday, with the full knowledge of his coaches back at the Titans' facility, Haynesworth drove his Ford F-650 four hours south to an Atlanta football field. There, Smith would set up blocking dummies and video equipment and shower his pupil with a different kind of therapy.

"Light his ass up!"

"You can shatter a guy's forearm, and it's legal!"

"You can throw your arms at a guy's unprotected ribs, and it's legal!"

He taught his pupil how to use his hands and arms as legal weapons. And he taught him what Smith calls a pick play, in which a defensive tackle dives at an otherwise engaged offensive lineman—a reverse cut block as dirty as any thrown by an offensive guard. "Hey, it's not illegal," Smith says.

YOU PROBABLY didn't see what he did.

It's the second quarter of a game between the Titans and the Texans on Dec. 10. Houston calls a stretch run left, a bread-and-butter cut-blocking play. Haynesworth springs from his three-point stance, but instead of waiting for a blocker to take out his knees, he throws his left arm into the ribs of left guard Chester Pitts. Pitts is stopped cold. Haynesworth's arm continues its uppercut until his hand hits Pitts' chin, snapping back the 320-pounder's head as if flicking off a bottle cap. Haynesworth finishes him off by planting him on his ass. He doesn't make the tackle, but announcers rave about how, since his return, teams don't run so easily on the Titans. That night, Haynesworth's cell buzzes with an approving text from Smith. That week, Haynesworth's agent will get word that the Titans are open to a contract extension.

So if you want to talk about how Haynesworth has gotten away with some things, just like every other football player, or you want to say how he's mostly played within the rules, I'm OK with that. But there is no freakin' way that I'm buying this "Haynesworth is a reformed man" bullshit. He's a dirty player, and that's that.

Incidentally, this article is one of the reasons that I disagree with those who say he'll go back to being an average player once he gets his payday. He changed as a person after the Gurode incident, and not for the better as a person. As a DT, he's better, though. Just don't try and sell me anything else, because I'm not buying it.

Ted_C ???????..............

I'll fill in for Ted (scary that I learned Joe Texanese);

Some Texas guys may like toothless women for a particular act.
Women in Tennessee are toothless because they have no dental medicine or, dental hygeine.

I wish our D-linemen had a mean streak like Haynesworth has got, one that gets into opposing QB's heads and rattles around enough to make them think about the pass rush instead of the job at hand.

I have to wonder how many Haynesworth jerseys would be sold in Houston if he was a Texan next year. I'd guess a lot...but it'll never happen. His image is much to mean for this franchise.

I don't like the guy, but not because of the way he plays. In that regard, he's "old school" like Deacon Jones, who was notorious for putting metal bars in his arm wrappings so he could ding the offensive linemen's bells. You have to be mean to be an effective defensive lineman in the NFL. Maybe not personality-wise, but definitely your intentions on the field. Nobody makes the Pro-Bowl or Hall of Fame by being a nice defender. I have yet to see a great D-lineman that roasts marshmallows and sings Kum-By-Yah to opposing QBs.

No, I don't like the guy because he's a Titan. And that's reason enough not to like the dude. But, put him on my team and I'll be one of his biggest fans. We need a guy like him, because together with Mario, we'd have one helluva' defensive line that other teams would fear.

I was referencing all your comments, but I really hate long post quotes so I didn't do all of them.

But yeah, nothing wrong with people talking about retaliation in the event of another cheap shot. Someone saying he should be hurt on purpose just because he's an asshole is a different story and I haven't seen anyone here talking about that.

Besides it's mostly trash talking ... you really need to lighten up.

Take my word for it - I'm taking a lot of this with a grain of salt. I get along well with many of the longtimers here and enjoy discussing politics with them. Life will go on after Sunday.

You're not a POS toronto. You're a Titan fan and at times, depending on the forum and the week of the season that's arguably worse.

I like you man. In the NSZ we seem to often be on the same page and I respect your takes on many things. This weird allegiance to the Titans you have going on is the only real "problem" I ever have with you.

I've finally reached the point where I have this intense hatred of the Titans (and to a lesser degree the Colts) and to me that's a sign that I'm starting to truly care about the rivalries in the AFC South. I don't hate the Jags or Jags fan because those guys have been stumbling around in the dark since this division was formed. It's probably got a lot to do with the fact that in that matchup we've given as good as we've got so far. That can't be said for the Titans or the Colts. Both teams have owned us since we entered the league and I'm ready for it to come to a screeching halt. Enough is enough. To me "The Rosencopter Incident" as it will forever be known was like a dagger through my heart. It hurt to watch that happen and to have Schaub out for both matchups with them this year kills me.

Getting back to the Titans and the way this series has developed I dare say that to Houston NFL fan the Titans are sort of the AFC South's version of the Steelers. Theyr'e the target and the game that we seem to almost always lose but that we want more than anything. Sure the Colts are kind of like that too but the Titans have such an odd Houston connection that it pushes them out in front where the hatred is concerned. That's really it. I hate the Titans and (without it being personal if that's possible) I hate Titans fans. I want to see all of you disappointed every year, every week if possible. It's out of my hands toronto. This week I hate you. Sorry.

We're good Herv. Trust me, I still wonder why the hell I still root for Bud's team. I have the same Oiler blood in my veins as you, and I was stunned when the teams played for the first time that my heart was still with the Titans. I guess my years in Houston have diminished in my heart - only the Astros remain...Also, I guess after investing so much in the team for the last 30 years, I just want the payoff I feel I deserve. One frigging championship.

Based on my shrugs to several posts, it'll take a few losses, including a critical one, to get my hate on for the Texans. Until then you guys still remain a benign team to me.

To Toronto, or anyone else claiming Haynesworth has played clean ball since his incident -

Link

So if you want to talk about how Haynesworth has gotten away with some things, just like every other football player, or you want to say how he's mostly played within the rules, I'm OK with that. But there is no freakin' way that I'm buying this "Haynesworth is a reformed man" bullshit. He's a dirty player, and that's that.

Incidentally, this article is one of the reasons that I disagree with those who say he'll go back to being an average player once he gets his payday. He changed as a person after the Gurode incident, and not for the better as a person. As a DT, he's better, though. Just don't try and sell me anything else, because I'm not buying it.

I rememeber that Smith bit - lemme repeat - the man changed after the Garude incident, which was appalling. Since then, he's been something that I, and may others, are deeming OK to root for. The Garude thing? I was fine if they had cut him after that. Otherwise, I'm not going to even try to sell you ****. If he were a Texan, you wouldn't have ever complained. End of story.

...........physically or psychologically, per Haynesworth.

[AP]

We better be prepared to protect Schaub. Meyers better be able to hold his own. Brown better be assisted if need be. Leach may need to be considered for standing back with Schaub when needed as an "enforcer." Schaub needs to be aware of where Haynesworth is at all times, yet remain calm. Appropriate plays should be planned away from Haynesworth. The cut block needs to be effectively utilized. Enough running plays need to be called to prevent all out bull rushing Schaub.................and if Schaub is unnecessarily manhandled, let one of the OL's Bull's horn see red and impail the SOB.

no news here,he just said what every defensive player wants to do to qb's; nothing in there about cheapshots. I really wish the schaub & texans would shut this fat punk up though...

I think it's the gleam in Albert's eyes when he starts talking about it.

THAT'S what pisses people off.

OK, go out and play hard. Hit hard. I mean, you're supposed to give it your all. But when you act all giddy about it; when your eyes light up about it; when you know that you know you're trying to put someone out of the game? That's over the line.

Titans fan doesn't have to act like this is not who he is. It is. The guy is violent to a flaw, and he gets off on hurting people. To say he doesn't? That would be uncivilized.

Titans fan needs to check himself and come correctly when he's posting on our boards. I specifically DON'T go to the Titans board (1) because I don't want to catch a sexually-transmitted disease, (2) because I don't understand a team whose team colors look like one of Bud Adams' 1980s powder-blue leisure suits that he wore, and (3) because I wouldn't have anything of real value to discuss with a Titans fan. Fans support their team, and right now...Titans fans think they have already won the Super Bowl, so they won't listen to anything rational anyways.

Albert is troubled, even after the counseling. And I bet he doesn't even know what kind of turd storm he's going to swim through when he takes the first little questionable after-the-play-is-over move on our QB.

I wish our D-linemen had a mean streak like Haynesworth has got, one that gets into opposing QB's heads and rattles around enough to make them think about the pass rush instead of the job at hand.

I have to wonder how many Haynesworth jerseys would be sold in Houston if he was a Texan next year. I'd guess a lot...but it'll never happen. His image is much to mean for this franchise.

I don't like the guy, but not because of the way he plays. In that regard, he's "old school" like Deacon Jones, who was notorious for putting metal bars in his arm wrappings so he could ding the offensive linemen's bells. You have to be mean to be an effective defensive lineman in the NFL. Maybe not personality-wise, but definitely your intentions on the field. Nobody makes the Pro-Bowl or Hall of Fame by being a nice defender. I have yet to see a great D-lineman that roasts marshmallows and sings Kum-By-Yah to opposing QBs.

No, I don't like the guy because he's a Titan. And that's reason enough not to like the dude. But, put him on my team and I'll be one of his biggest fans. We need a guy like him, because together with Mario, we'd have one helluva' defensive line that other teams would fear.

I rememeber that Smith bit - lemme repeat - the man changed after the Garude incident, which was appalling. Since then, he's been something that I, and may others, are deeming OK to root for. The Garude thing? I was fine if they had cut him after that. Otherwise, I'm not going to even try to sell you ****. If he were a Texan, you wouldn't have ever complained. End of story.

I agree with both of these posts. I just don't ever consider players like that "clean" (to use your earlier phrase). DB is right, DLinemen need to be like that, and aside from the Gurode thing, I'd root for him if he were a Texan. But I'd never try and paint him as a good guy, is all.

Conversely, I want our offensive linemen to have the same mindset as Haynesworth. If that means they sweep the leg, then so be it.

Well if he had stomped on Jerry Jones' skeltor like face I would be all for him. However, he if Kermit washington got blackballed for what he did I think Haynesworth should as well. What concerns me is when he gets free from that prison called Nashville the first thing he is gonna do is stick it to bud and probably come to Houston. Until then we can say whatever the heck we want andout that d-bag. He is fat ugly and not a pice person. thank you

I agree with both of these posts. I just don't ever consider players like that "clean" (to use your earlier phrase). DB is right, DLinemen need to be like that, and aside from the Gurode thing, I'd root for him if he were a Texan. But I'd never try and paint him as a good guy, is all.

Conversely, I want our offensive linemen to have the same mindset as Haynesworth. If that means they sweep the leg, then so be it.

Great post, man.

Back in 2002 I got a chance to see a one-man play by Bo Eason ("Runt of the Litter"). [Bo was a safety for the Houston Oilers back in the Glanville days.]

It was a fantastic play and one that I wish ALL football fans could see. It was basically his life story, about how driven he was to be validated in his dad's eyes after living in his older brother's shadow for so many years.

During the one-man play performance, he talked about being a defender, and specifically a safety. And he is blunt. He said that he always tried to hit the ball carrier so hard that you could smell the burn from the friction of the hit. That before the tackle, your very existence was about taking this man down and out. Obviously, when the whistle blows the play dead, you temporarily gain your sense of reason, but during the play, the opposing player was your mortal enemy and you treated them accordingly.

It was very insightful and something that I have never forgotten. I can't say much about Haynesworth's personality off the field, as I just don't know the guy. But his animalistic attitude on the field reminded me of Bo Eason's stories. And I really wish our defense showed that kind of attitude. Being nice is good for charity benefits and image, but it doesn't accomplish much in the game of pro football.

Just thought I'd share. :howdy:

It doesn't matter how long ago this occurred (and it was only 2 seasons ago). What does matter is WHAT he spontaneously said AFTER the incident that tells the real story:

October 05, 2006

Suspended Tackle Albert Haynesworth: 'I Just Wanted To Make Sure The Guy Was Dead'

NASHVILLE, TN-Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, suspended five games by the NFL for stomping on the head and kicking the face of Cowboys center Andre Gurode last Sunday, issued a statement this morning saying he "just wanted to make absolutely sure [Gurode] was dead for good." "The Titans pay me to do one thing out there-kill anyone who gets in my way," said Haynesworth, who is serving the longest suspension for on-field actions in league history for his attempted murder. "Doing a thorough job is just good fundamentals… On your first day of high-school ball, they tell you football's no more than blocking, tackling, and bodily assault with the intent to commit homicide." League officials have suggested that Haynesworth's suspension also include anger-management therapy and a refresher course in the rules and principles of football.

Look, we can argue over whether that should have been legal, but clear as day under the existing rules that was an illegal hit. A defensive player can't drive his body into the QB like Haynesworth did.
Cite me the rule on that. You cannot hit the QB in the head or below the knees, and you cannot drive the QB into the ground. Albert did not contact Schaub's helmet nor did he drive him into the ground; neither one of them left their feet, which is usually what constitutes driving someone to the ground.
There was a play during one of the Pats' games, and one of the safeties absolutely popped Wes Welker after the ball was tipped. Welker left his feet and hit the ground on his back. THAT is driving someone to the ground.

I'm waiting on that rule...

Stop whining about it.
And Texans fans need to stop whining about Haynesworth generally and the team needs to do their job to stop him. He is a great player who occasionally gets overenthusiastic. So be it.
Ok, at least you addressed everyone about that.

If you keep Schaub protected, you won't have to worry about our D Line cheap shooting him.

meh, this Haynesworth-less talk is bulletin board material at its best. The Texans are aware of how he has crossed the line before, and I think the team will extract some justice if it happens again.

maybe Coach Gibbs will unleash something special in the way of chop blocking a fat man's knees and taking him out of the playoffs.

Back