Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Superbowl in houston has succeeded

Last time this happened I damn near got into a fight with some bozos from Massachusetts who believe that when walking past someone on the sidewalk it's okay to shove them out of your way. Looking forward to that...

Last time this happened I damn near got into a fight with some bozos from Massachusetts who believe that when walking past someone on the sidewalk it's okay to shove them out of your way. Looking forward to that...

Its funny how you associate a super bowl with someone shoving you. I hope you dont get shoved on your birthday or while at a Texans game or you might have a negative view on those too.

Its funny how you associate a super bowl with someone shoving you. I hope you dont get shoved on your birthday or while at a Texans game or you might have a negative view on those too.

I was downtown AFTER the game and several people here for the game while walking down the sidewalks were shoving people out of their way. I saw some altercations as the evening wore on and overhead: "Mother-(bleeper)er don't be pushin' me!" So I'm going to use a little deductive reasoning and say it's likely I wasn't the only one who got shoved aside by guys who never learned the art of weaving one's way through a crowd.

The NFL announced Thursday that the official date for Super Bowl LI at NRG Stadium will be Feb. 5, 2017.

“We are excited to now know the date, and the Houston Super Bowl LI host committee is proud and eager to lock in the countdown to kickoff,” host committee chairman Ric Campo said in a release. “It’s a tremendous opportunity to showcase Houston as the forward-looking, global city that it is, as well as come together as a community and have a great time.”

“We are thankful our good friend Bob McNair and the other NFL owners are returning the Super Bowl to the best venue in America,” said host committee honorary chairman James A. Baker III. “We plan to return that favor by hosting a celebration with our special Houston flair, and we are already deep into the preparation for it.”

Houston was awarded Super Bowl LI on May 21, 2013.

Link

picgifs-clapping-10434.gif

Bravo McNair.
Maybe I'll go this time.

Where will teams stay? I hope it's in nice areas like galleria or midtown. I think the city will put together a great setting for the super bowl. I wasn't here for the last one so I'm looking forward to seeing this one in my city.

I imagine the Texans players will just be staying at their homes, rather than trying to book out a hotel. They'll be much more relaxed for the big game. :fans:

New Orleans is a city geared for a big party...Houston is big spread out and ugly.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think Houston is BIG, Spread out AND BEAUTIFUL!

Oh my! When am I going to start looking at post dates BEFORE I post?

Back