Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Super Wild Card Weekend

If I’m the Chargers I’m paying whatever New Orleans wants and hiring Sean Payton.
Supposedly Chargers owner is cheap. We will see.
Notoriously cheap. Not to mention, one sibling is suing the other for control of the team. I don' foresee a Charger contract for a $20 million/year head coach anytime soon. Staley has $8 million left on his deal. If the Chargers do fire Staley, look for another first time head coach getting the gig. Eagles OC Steve Steichen was a long time Charger assistant coach and has worked with Herbert.

Ever since the Chargers lost to the Oilers in that playoff game where Pastorini and Campbell were out, I've always considered them the west coast version of the Oilers. A snake-bitten, underachieving, disappointing, team that always disappoint their fans. It's incredible that the coaches and players change, but they always disappoint their fans.

Being aware of the momentum change, that was a great call by Pederson to go for two. I wonder how many other HCs would have just kick the XP and hope to get the ball back for a tie? Then again, if the two-point conversion fails, he would be getting roasted for not giving his team the opportunity to tie the game.

Looks like Thompson is finally settling down though. Just tied the game.

Didn't expect the Ravens to get that close to beating the Bengals, but then again these division rivalries are so often close.
They would have won the game if #3 had caught that ball in those last seconds.

Didn't expect the Ravens to get that close to beating the Bengals, but then again these division rivalries are so often close.
They would have won the game if #3 had caught that ball in those last seconds.
Only if they would have gone for two. They would of tied it if he caught the ball assuming the extra point would have been good.

On this 4th down call. Is this mistake on the play caller for calling a pass pattern short of the first down or on the QB for going to the checkdown too soon?

Too many variables to know for sure. Maybe the play called was not the best or the defense just played it well. I would think the play-caller would ensure the routes on the play would have a high probability of getting the first down if completed. It also looks like Cousins is about to get sacked if he doesn't release when he does. Perhaps someone w/All 22 access can provide some alternative views of the field. The 1 score games finally caught up to the Vikings, they had a great record for a team that was outscored in the regular season.

On this 4th down call. Is this mistake on the play caller for calling a pass pattern short of the first down or on the QB for going to the checkdown too soon?

Even though he was getting pressured, throwing to the well covered short route had no chance of getting the 1st down. It would have been better to just chuck it in the air. I would imagine that route was included in case the Giants were playing deep zone.

Why is the TE cutting his route so short? He had to know it was 4th down

I would say it is on Cousins. Just about every play is designed like this I believe. You have deep routes, intermediate and check downs. You should only hit that check down on 4th and 8 if it's wide open.
He was about to get clobbered. The TE should not have cut his route so short
1673908316966.png

Back