Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Stop blaming O'Brien and start blaming the ownership and management

Wolf

100% Texan
I hear you.

But...

How would you feel if you were a Saints fan, or a Ravens fan? Dominated the regular season & bounced in the WC round, at home.

Yeah, at least they won Super Bowls, but unless they live in Dallas it doesn't count for a whole lot.

Every season is different, every season is new & if you found absolutely no joy watching this team this season, yeah... maybe it is time to move on.

I mean the only fans with anything to be happy about right now are KC & 49er fans & one of them is going to be very upset pretty soon.

In no way am I endorsing Bill O'Brien's tenure, it is what it is. All we can do is hope he gets better.
I agree. I am more frustrated on when we lose. We freaking lose. Been outscored 169-103 in 6 games(2-4)

Just frustrated. But if you take KC games away (30-0 and 51-31). They inflated the PF-PA numbers.

Plus seeing Baby Shan turn things around so quickly has me shaking my head

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I agree. I am more frustrated on when we lose. We freaking lose. Been outscored 169-103 in 6 games(2-4)

Just frustrated. But if you take KC games away (30-0 and 51-31). They inflated the PF-PA numbers.

Vikings already have a better offense after 1 year of kubiak.

It should not take 7 years.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Probably not going to renew my tickets this coming year. Tired of being left at the altar. Thing is, my two seats won't be on the market for long as the waiting list is huge. Lots of other suckers behind me willing to fork it over to Cal and the gang. Even if 10K tickets holders didn't renew, it wouldn't matter because they'd sell em all within a few days time.
The org wouldn't look at it as, "damn, why is everyone not renewing tickets? Oh, must be because they are not happy with the product, let's do something about it." Nope it won't be that, it will be, "no worries, the waiting list is long and those tickets will be bought up quickly."
Yep. Waiting list is over 30,000 the last time I heard about it. I have a friend that's been on it for 7+ years.

On the other hand those casual fans don’t get emotionally invested like hardcore fans do and seem to enjoy their football more. They go to the game, have a tailgate party, drink some beers and eat some hot dogs all while wearing their number 99, 4, 10 or if they are old school 23 jerseys and even when the team loses they can look back and say “man that was a great day”.

Meanwhile we get on these forums and talk about the players, coaches and management worse than our rivals do and snipe at each other like we just insulted each other’s mothers. All while sounding like we not only hate the team but hate football, and each other, all together.

So maybe those “casual fans” are onto something because they sure seem to be happier.
Good points, man. I kinda' look at this forum as an 'emotional support group' for guys crazy enough to love this game and this team.

Most fans are apathetic about the Texans right now. It's the off-season, time to move on to other forms of entertainment.

We are the nuts crazy enough to care and talk about this stuff 365 days of the year. We probably have some kind of collective mild psychosis. :crazy:

I hear you.

But...

How would you feel if you were a Saints fan, or a Ravens fan? Dominated the regular season & bounced in the WC round, at home.

Yeah, at least they won Super Bowls, but unless they live in Dallas it doesn't count for a whole lot.

Every season is different, every season is new & if you found absolutely no joy watching this team this season, yeah... maybe it is time to move on.

I mean the only fans with anything to be happy about right now are KC & 49er fans & one of them is going to be very upset pretty soon.

In no way am I endorsing Bill O'Brien's tenure, it is what it is. All we can do is hope he gets better.
Yep.

I think for a lot of Houston football fans, it's the accumulated frustration of 5+ decades of futility. This city has never even hosted a conference championship game, much less had a team that won it.

Yeah, it could definitely be worse. I don't know how Cleveland fans do it year in and year out.

But, it could also be better. Which, I guess, is why we seem to be glutton for punishment every new football season. Charlie Brown hoping to finally kick that football.

What we can't lose sight of is that it's just spectator entertainment. We should appreciate each others company and passion, even when disagreeing. Y'all are the only ones that I can chat about football in the spring, and I like having a place to go to. Y'all are the only ones that can truly comprehend that fan frustration about this particular brand of spectator entertainment.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Eh I disagree. At least the cowboys fired their hc. Ravens are set up for a long time. Vikings improved in many ways. Seattle has a good QB and smart coach. Titans exceeded all expectations with a young coach. Etc.
& we're all sitting at home watching our talent play in the pro bowl while other teams are saving their talent for the Super Bowl.

Bottom line, who knows where the Ravens, Vikings, Cowboys (who fired their coach because couldn't win a weak division), & Titans will be next season? Who knows where the Texans will be?

Granted it's asinine to expect the team to succeed in spite of O'Brien again, but next year is new for everyone. I expect the Seahawks & Saints to be one of the better teams in the league, but even Baltimore... SF made that work for 3 years then it all fell apart. So I don't know.

Last edited:

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
& we're all sitting at home watching our talent play in the pro bowl while other teams are saving their talent for the Super Bowl.

Bottom line, who knows where the Ravens, Vikings, Cowboys (who fired their coach because couldn't win a weak division), & Titans will be next season? Who knows where the Texans will be?

Granted it's asinine to expect the team to succeed in spite of O'Brien again, but next year is new for everyone. I expect the Seahawks & Saints to be one of the better teams in the league, but even Baltimore... SF made that work for 3 years then it all fell apart. So I don't know.
This is why I think that people that have the "SB or bust" mentality aren't being realistic. Oh sure after a certain amount of time and "effort" its time to clean house and try to come at the problem from a different direction but of the 32 teams only one will win the SB each year and just making to the SB doesn't mean you'll be good next time around. Pats got knocked out first round and you can make an argument that if it wasn't for a super weak schedule the first half of the season they wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Eagles last year were a serious SB contender and this year barely won the worst division in NFL history and needed Dallas to completely go off the rails to get that far. For that matter where did the 49ers come from? Last I looked they were still looking at drafting top 15 and then out of the blue they have this kind of season.

I'm not so naïve or enough of a Kool-Aid drinker to think OB and the Texans are going to suddenly turn it all around but at the same time I'm not going to believe that just because it failed last season means it will fail this one to.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Yep. Waiting list is over 30,000 the last time I heard about it. I have a friend that's been on it for 7+ years.

Good points, man. I kinda' look at this forum as an 'emotional support group' for guys crazy enough to love this game and this team.

Most fans are apathetic about the Texans right now. It's the off-season, time to move on to other forms of entertainment.

We are the nuts crazy enough to care and talk about this stuff 365 days of the year. We probably have some kind of collective mild psychosis. :crazy:

Yep.

I think for a lot of Houston football fans, it's the accumulated frustration of 5+ decades of futility. This city has never even hosted a conference championship game, much less had a team that won it.

Yeah, it could definitely be worse. I don't know how Cleveland fans do it year in and year out.

But, it could also be better. Which, I guess, is why we seem to be glutton for punishment every new football season. Charlie Brown hoping to finally kick that football.

What we can't lose sight of is that it's just spectator entertainment. We should appreciate each others company and passion, even when disagreeing. Y'all are the only ones that I can chat about football in the spring, and I like having a place to go to. Y'all are the only ones that can truly comprehend that fan frustration about this particular brand of spectator entertainment.
hmmm maybe we all have advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage??

Texansballer74

The Marine
As long as O’Brien is here and he continues the same stuff, he will catch heat. But the ownership will continue to shoulder the blame. I don’t recall anyone excluding them from allowing O’Brien all this power. I will say this again, “ this organization is dysfunctional “. Very freaking clueless, that’s why Obrien is running stuff.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Since "we" are the "real problem", please elaborate how "we" can "hold the organization accountable".

Last time apathy reigned in Houston we lost our NFL team.

This time, there are too many corporations owning PSLs as investments to get fans to boycott the product.

And as has been said by others on this forum, if everyone that posts in forums and calls talk radio were to suddenly stop supporting the team, I doubt they would even notice our absence. We are an extremely small percentage that cares beyond a small window of entertainment.

The reality is we root for laundry. Players can come and go, but we continue to root for a logo created in a marketing department and surveyed for maximum appeal. We have displaced our natural inclination for tribalism (a vestige of survival genetics) with sports teams affiliations. It's a multi-billion dollar entertainment industry. It is financed by advertising profits and taxpayer funded facilities. It is perpetuated by corporate news organizations and corporate entertainment conglomerates to keep the illusion going, lest the proletariat wake up and realize that those in charge have run off with the money and left our nation in serious generational debt.

The truth is we simply have no power whatsoever to ever hold Houston Texans, Inc. accountable. They do not care. They make money regardless if the team wins or loses.

The reality is that our impact on changing a damn thing is negligible, no different that petitioning Disney to add a character to a Marvel movie.

So good luck with that. I'd rather find something better to do with my time.
I said this awhile ago when someone pretty much said the same thing OP is saying. The state of Texas is football. Millions on top of millions are being spent on high school football stadiums. So you can best believe only a very small group will attempt to boycott if it came down to that. This team has records of 11-5 and 10-6 the last two seasons. Lol the majority will continue to support period.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
OK done... I have stopped blaming OB and am now blaming ownership and management (who is now only OB isn't it?). Are we in the Super Bowl now?

It's like those old commercials - Only YOU can prevent forest fires, that was a lot of pressure to put on a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons.

Oh and lest I forget... :kitten:

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Posting for the first time in a long time because I wanted to chime in here. Unlike what some poster upthread said, I didn't stop posting because of the Texans, but rather because of how this place devolved.

The Texans have been a successful team under Bill O'Brien. Overall winning record, multiple division titles, playoff wins. This notion that the Texans are "the worst team in the NFL", "an absolute mockery", "an embarrassment to the city of Houston" and "a laughingstock to the rest of the NFL" are statements that you know are not true, but you need to be petty to deal with the disappointment and frustration of failed expectations.

This isn't a mediocre team. Mediocre teams don't consistently make the playoffs, regardless of the division. There are only two teams in the AFC who have made the playoffs as many or more times than the Texans in the last 5 years: New England and Kansas City.

This is a good team that has failed to develop into a great team. They have not figured out how to be successful in the playoffs. I am off the belief now that they probably won't with OB has the head coach. He has taken this team as far as his abilities can, and as a fan I want more than division titles and WC wins.

Does this mean that division titles and WC wins are bad? Hell no. Do I have higher expectations than just division titles and WC wins now that they have proven they can do that? Hell yes. Do I think OB has to go to make that happen, or at least give up OC and GM duties? Hell F'ing yes.

Maybe it's just empty rhetoric and a safe place to blow off some steam, but I do worry about some mental states around here if you truly believe that this is the worst team in the NFL. Take a break please.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Posting for the first time in a long time because I wanted to chime in here. Unlike what some poster upthread said, I didn't stop posting because of the Texans, but rather because of how this place devolved.

The Texans have been a successful team under Bill O'Brien. Overall winning record, multiple division titles, playoff wins. This notion that the Texans are "the worst team in the NFL", "an absolute mockery", "an embarrassment to the city of Houston" and "a laughingstock to the rest of the NFL" are statements that you know are not true, but you need to be petty to deal with the disappointment and frustration of failed expectations.

This isn't a mediocre team. Mediocre teams don't consistently make the playoffs, regardless of the division. There are only two teams in the AFC who have made the playoffs as many or more times than the Texans in the last 5 years: New England and Kansas City.

This is a good team that has failed to develop into a great team. They have not figured out how to be successful in the playoffs. I am off the belief now that they probably won't with OB has the head coach. He has taken this team as far as his abilities can, and as a fan I want more than division titles and WC wins.

Does this mean that division titles and WC wins are bad? Hell no. Do I have higher expectations than just division titles and WC wins now that they have proven they can do that? Hell yes. Do I think OB has to go to make that happen, or at least give up OC and GM duties? Hell F'ing yes.

Maybe it's just empty rhetoric and a safe place to blow off some steam, but I do worry about some mental states around here if you truly believe that this is the worst team in the NFL. Take a break please.
Well, I don't know who is saying they're the worst team. Maybe I have those guys blocked. They are, however, the definition of mediocre.

I can't stand Bill O'Brien, want him gone yesterday, but I have never said he's the worst coach. He too, is mediocre. Now, I do have reservations that he might be a really bad GM.

I know people are blah about the AFC South championships, but last I checked, under this current format, that is the surest way to make the postseason. And if the other 3 teams don't do enough to finish ahead of you, then that's on them.

The problem is, once that 2nd season starts, we see exactly how mediocre they are. Sure they have 2 wins, one over a 3rd string rookie where that was the only game he's ever played, the other you looked like crap for 3 quarters and it took Houdini magic from a great player to pull you through in OT.

The losses? They haven't been close. Not one of them. 30, 18, 14, 20. The smoke and mirrors they use to roll through the regular season with a schedule full of more mediocre to bad teams than the good, get exposed in the playoffs when you're facing the really good.

And now this mediocre at best HC is in full charge of all the personnel. That doesn't exactly strike me full of confidence. They made moves this year like they were all in, and it turned out that nothing changed. Now they face a future with limited draft capital on top of the salary cap likely becoming an issue very soon.

I fear we're about to long for the days of mediocre.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Eh I disagree. At least the cowboys fired their hc. Ravens are set up for a long time. Vikings improved in many ways. Seattle has a good QB and smart coach. Titans exceeded all expectations with a young coach. Etc.
Guess what, the Texans made it as far as any of the yes you listed, minus the Tacks.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Well, I don't know who is saying they're the worst team. Maybe I have those guys blocked. They are, however, the definition of mediocre.

I can't stand Bill O'Brien, want him gone yesterday, but I have never said he's the worst coach. He too, is mediocre. Now, I do have reservations that he might be a really bad GM.

I know people are blah about the AFC South championships, but last I checked, under this current format, that is the surest way to make the postseason. And if the other 3 teams don't do enough to finish ahead of you, then that's on them.

The problem is, once that 2nd season starts, we see exactly how mediocre they are. Sure they have 2 wins, one over a 3rd string rookie where that was the only game he's ever played, the other you looked like crap for 3 quarters and it took Houdini magic from a great player to pull you through in OT.

The losses? They haven't been close. Not one of them. 30, 18, 14, 20. The smoke and mirrors they use to roll through the regular season with a schedule full of more mediocre to bad teams than the good, get exposed in the playoffs when you're facing the really good.

And now this mediocre at best HC is in full charge of all the personnel. That doesn't exactly strike me full of confidence. They made moves this year like they were all in, and it turned out that nothing changed. Now they face a future with limited draft capital on top of the salary cap likely becoming an issue very soon.

I fear we're about to long for the days of mediocre.
You used the word mediocre a lot, but I'm not sure that is the right word to use... until you started talking about the post-season.

Mediocre: of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate; not satisfactory; poor; inferior

21-11 over the last two seasons and that is with tanking a game. The AFC South had the second highest win total in the AFC each of the last two seasons so was not a weak division. This year, the Texans went 3-1 in the regular season against the AFC teams that made the playoffs (discounting the tank game). To argue that these accomplishments are barely adequate or inferior is simply arguing from a point of bias.

But again, I'm not going to argue your position when it comes to playoff time. It's below mediocre.

Texansballer74

The Marine
You used the word mediocre a lot, but I'm not sure that is the right word to use... until you started talking about the post-season.

Mediocre: of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate; not satisfactory; poor; inferior

21-11 over the last two seasons and that is with tanking a game. The AFC South had the second highest win total in the AFC each of the last two seasons so was not a weak division. This year, the Texans went 3-1 in the regular season against the AFC teams that made the playoffs (discounting the tank game). To argue that these accomplishments are barely adequate or inferior is simply arguing from a point of bias.

But again, I'm not going to argue your position when it comes to playoff time. It's below mediocre.
That word is used because of the magnitude on how inconsistent this team is. Not only that but they should be much better than what they are. Mediocre best describes this team to the fullest.

Last edited:

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I know they had to overcome Garrett, and yet the Texans had to overcome OB but have no talent?
The Texans have talent on offense and it still sucks.

Much less on d.

Cowboys will also be adding two firsts a second and a third the Texans don't have in the next two drafts.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
That word is used because of the magnitude of inconsistent this team is. Not only that but they should be much better than what they are. Mediocre best describes this team to the fullest.
Eh, I have no desire to get into a semantical argument. There are very few knowledgeable football fans outside of this MB who would call the Texans a middling to below average or a poor quality team. They would most certainly consider them inconsistent, not playing to their potential and seemingly unprepared come playoff time, which are extremely frustrating attributes, but they would laugh if you tried to convince them that failing to get out of the divisional playoff game was considered a mediocre season by a mediocre team. 75% of the NFL had already ended their season by that weekend.

"We are a bad playoff team" seems like such a first world problem to many NFL franchises.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Eh, I have no desire to get into a semantical argument. There are very few knowledgeable football fans outside of this MB who would call the Texans a middling to below average or a poor quality team. They would most certainly consider them inconsistent, not playing to their potential and seemingly unprepared come playoff time, which are extremely frustrating attributes, but they would laugh if you tried to convince them that failing to get out of the divisional playoff game was considered a mediocre season by a mediocre team. 75% of the NFL had already ended their season by that weekend.

"We are a bad playoff team" seems like such a first world problem to many NFL franchises.
Hey bud I’m not arguing with you one bit. I’ve heard several sides as well from media heads, ex players, our fans as well as other NFL fans. A few have expressed the notion that O’Brien is doing a really good job. Phil Simms said we should cool down and be appreciative ( paraphrasing). A few others have said Bill O’Brien needs to be fired. As far as me, I use to just like you. When we were going 9-7 I said we were doing pretty good. Next year we will build on that solid season. But I noticed a few terrible traits, the main one being the lethargic uninspired start to darn near every game. This have been going on for years now and it doesn’t look to be getting any better. Getting embarrassed by even terrible teams is becoming a norm. That’s why I call them mediocrity today. We have a team without a position identity.

banned1976

sleeper mode

The Texans are top heavy talent wise. They have a scant few players that consistently play well above your average player at their position (Watson/Hopkins), a few that are on the fringes (Watt {he’s not what he once was}/Tunsil/Cunningham) of that, a couple of at or slightly above average (McKinney/Reid) and a bunch of JAGS or bubble/out of the league players.

There are a few teams that would like to have our “problem” but they wouldn’t trade a bunch of future trade picks (the one’s the Texans don’t have anymore) for it.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This is why I think that people that have the "SB or bust" mentality aren't being realistic. Oh sure after a certain amount of time and "effort" its time to clean house and try to come at the problem from a different direction
I'm peeved BO'b didn't get this team past the divisional round. This is basically where Kubiak got us. We took two steps back & to end up where we were before the pick-6-a-thon.

My point is I'm not happy with where we are, but it's been a pretty exciting season. Beating the Patriots for the first time (felt like the 1st time). & most of the wins, I enjoyed the game. Even some of the losses, I was enjoying the experience right up to the end.

The product on the field was good. Not great... but good.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The Texans are top heavy talent wise. They have a scant few players that consistently play well above your average player at their position (Watson/Hopkins), a few that are on the fringes (Watt {he’s not what he once was}/Tunsil/Cunningham) of that, a couple of at or slightly above average (McKinney/Reid) and a bunch of JAGS or bubble/out of the league players.

There are a few teams that would like to have our “problem” but they wouldn’t trade a bunch of future trade picks (the one’s the Texans don’t have anymore) for it.
This is why I said it would take 3 years to rebuild from the previous regime.

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
There has been many many good points made by almost everyone posting here, on both sides of the issue. I can safely say that people posting here are so passionate about their positions because they are passionate about winning...sure makes you wish that ownership on down would be as passionate about the winning as far as the game is concerned and not so much about the winning when it comes to the dollar. Can’t say that is a fact because I am not in the position to say it’s the case for sure, but I can judge it by the apparent fruit that’s being demonstrated time and time again. We win because the talent is in place that we SHOULD be winning. We never seem to make it over the hump, or we lose the one’s we shouldn’t be losing, because coaching doesn’t seem to be able to push “A achievers” beyond what they are willing to push themselves. That’s on the coaches and the ownership who allows it. In my most humble and uneducated point of view.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The Texans have talent on offense and it still sucks.

Much less on d.

Cowboys will also be adding two firsts a second and a third the Texans don't have in the next two drafts.
You won't draft a better LT than Tunsil this year.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
There has been many many good points made by almost everyone posting here, on both sides of the issue. I can safely say that people posting here are so passionate about their positions because they are passionate about winning...sure makes you wish that ownership on down would be as passionate about the winning as far as the game is concerned and not so much about the winning when it comes to the dollar. Can’t say that is a fact because I am not in the position to say it’s the case for sure, but I can judge it by the apparent fruit that’s being demonstrated time and time again. We win because the talent is in place that we SHOULD be winning, but we never seem to make it over the hump, or lose the one’s we shouldn’t lose, because coaching doesn’t seem to be able to push “A achievers” beyond what they are willing to push themselves. That’s on the coaches and the ownership who allows it. In my most humble and uneducated point of view.
The most talented team usually wins, particularly at home. The Chiefs were obviously the more talented team with the better qb. That's a tough pill for some fans here to swallow.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The most talented team usually wins, particularly at home. The Chiefs were obviously the more talented team with the better qb. That's a tough pill for some fans here to swallow.
You won't for two years at least without a first rounder.

Good luck improving the team anytime soon

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You won't for two years at least without a first rounder.

Good luck improving the team anytime soon
It can be done through a combination of the draft/FA. I look at Tunsil as the 1st Rd pick this ye. Are you saying that they could have drafted a player as good as Tunsil at 27?

If he was in this draft he would be a top 10 pick. IMHO. What would it cost to trade up to say 10 from 27 to draft Tunsil?

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
It can be done through a combination of the draft/FA. I look at Tunsil as the 1st Rd pick this ye. Are you saying that they could have drafted a player as good as Tunsil at 27?

If he was in this draft he would be a top 10 pick. IMHO. What would it cost to trade up to say 10 from 27 to draft Tunsil?
Nobody else paid this much for their LT, not even for LTs much better than tunsil.

This is what happens you have a coach who is a poor talent evaluator and a GM who panics and doesn't understand the salary cap

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Nobody else paid this much for their LT, not even for LTs much better than tunsil.

This is what happens you have a coach who is a poor talent evaluator and a GM who panics and doesn't understand the salary cap
I think he can identify talent just fine. Its his scheme and how he tries to execute it that's his main problem. That, and the pile of minuscule things that add up after while that he doesn't get better at on the field as far as game time decisions like the usage of timeouts, play clock management, challenges, and key decision play calls.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Like fans and the media the lower level non football employees?
You have no clue what you are talking about. You are basing it off of one video of a fan heckling him after a bad game, so I'm guessing you've never lost your temper after a bad day? If so you are more of a saint than anyone I've ever met. As far as the media goes BB has been treating them like crap for decades and even Varble called them stupid after the Texans/Tits game. As for employees unless you work at NRG and deal with hi on a daily bases that's just you talking out your ass.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

Alright let me ask you, Tunsil was drafted at 13 and was projected as top 3 before the video came out. Texans were drafting at 21 that year, year they took Fuller, so let me ask you what would it have cost to move up from 21 to 13? I can almost guarantee Miami would not have settled for less than a next year first. So you use next year first to trade up and this year first to draft him. Guess what that's the same price as what we traded for him and you lose out on Fuller. Even that rookie contract wouldn't help because its going to take you at least a year if not more, particularly with Devlin as coach, to get him up to NFL level.

By the way, Tunsil was named all pro this year and ranked 4th in pressures allowed so there aren't many LTs that are "much better". Of Watson's 44 sacks only three are listed as being on him, so 6.82% of all the sacks are on him and that's with him getting here a week before the season started.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Shanny has Lynch getting the talent for him and they have four first rd picks on their DL.

BTW, for those who dismiss Jimmy G, they won 2 games without him.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Alright let me ask you, Tunsil was drafted at 13 and was projected as top 3 before the video came out. Texans were drafting at 21 that year, year they took Fuller, so let me ask you what would it have cost to move up from 21 to 13? I can almost guarantee Miami would not have settled for less than a next year first. So you use next year first to trade up and this year first to draft him. Guess what that's the same price as what we traded for him and you lose out on Fuller. Even that rookie contract wouldn't help because its going to take you at least a year if not more, particularly with Devlin as coach, to get him up to NFL level.

By the way, Tunsil was named all pro this year and ranked 4th in pressures allowed so there aren't many LTs that are "much better". Of Watson's 44 sacks only three are listed as being on him, so 6.82% of all the sacks are on him and that's with him getting here a week before the season started.
Those pesky numbers.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think he can identify talent just fine. Its his scheme and how he tries to execute it that's his main problem. That, and the pile of minuscule things that add up after while that he doesn't get better at on the field as far as game time decisions like the usage of timeouts, play clock management, challenges, and key decision play calls.
Totally agree with this.

He needs to get a GM/OC to help him. He's got far too much on his plate. I really dont think he wanted the GM job. I do think Easterby is the day to day GM and BOB has final say. Except when it comes to firing long time employess like Olson. Cal listens to both Easterby/BOB and then makes his decision.

Alot of the hate of all things BOB has to do with Kubiak good ole boy love vs the brash New Englanders doing things the Pats way and treating the media the way BB does. They dont play nice with the media like Kubiak did.It cant be because Kubiak was more successful while he was here. Look at the record.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Man, pop back in and realize the same 4-5 posters are still hitting on their dead horse talking points in every post. Enjoy the off-season. I'll check back in around TC time.
Why even make this post? Just come back when TC starts.

BTW, Look on this page as an example, I think it shows you're misguided in this post.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You have no clue what you are talking about. You are basing it off of one video of a fan heckling him after a bad game, so I'm guessing you've never lost your temper after a bad day? If so you are more of a saint than anyone I've ever met. As far as the media goes BB has been treating them like crap for decades and even Varble called them stupid after the Texans/Tits game. As for employees unless you work at NRG and deal with hi on a daily bases that's just you talking out your ass.
There's been plenty of reports of him treating people like crap. We even had him firing all the non football black people! I mean wow. But you know Boston is regularly considered the most racist city

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

He's not worth 2 firsts and a second. And the $20m he'll get. That is a crazy overpay and now we can't fill holes elsewhere.

Teams have better LTs they got for much less.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
He's not worth 2 firsts and a second. And the $20m he'll get. That is a crazy overpay and now we can't fill holes elsewhere.

Teams have better LTs they got for much less.
The second was Stills and you know it and yeah if you look at the going rate of LTs he is worth 20 million. Also please tell me what teams that have signed a LT in the last year got a better one for less? Again you didn't answer my question, if we had drafted him what would it have cost us? Or if you didn't want him period, fair enough, where were you going to get a pro bowl LT or hell for that matter a LT that allowed only 3 sacks?

Reactions: JB