Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Steel B's Mock 3.0

So he's a Jag +? lmao
So what are you saying?

that I think KGH is the next Vrabel?

that I think we shouldn’t draft a LB?

You do you. lmao at whatever.

Which LB should we draft at #3 or #13

If you’re saying we don’t need to draft a LB at 3 or 13, then sit the fah down & stop your bs. Cause that’s all I’m saying.

LB is not as big a need as CB. DL, Edge, OG, or RB.

IDGAF if he’s 80 years old. If he can play like he did last year & it only costs $4M. Nick (who I don’t particularly care for) did good & bought some time to fill the LB hole.

Last edited:
So what are you saying?

If you’re saying we don’t need to drag a LB at 3 or 13, then sit the fah down & stop your bs. Cause that’s all I’m saying.

IDGAF if he’s 80 years old. If he can play like he did last year & it only costs $4M. Nick (who I don’t particularly care for) did good & bought some time to fill the LB hole.

I dont care about need at this point of the rebuild. I just want Caserio to pick a bunch of star level players. Ryans nor Watt were position of need players. That turned out pretty well. Meanwhile reaching for need with guys like XSF have proven to be bad picks.

LB's I like at #37 because I think they have the ability to be star level players Anderson or Quay Walker would be great picks.

Last edited:
But the Texans are drafting for needs in 2024. Not 2022.
So you think we should draft a LB at 3 or 13?

I’m open to any good idea.

Which LB do you think we should draft at 3 or 13…. Even 37. Let’s talk about him.

If you don’t think the Texans should draft a LB at 3, 13, or 37…. Then what are we talking about?

If you are as invested in this conversation as you’re now acting like you are, what’s wrong with what I said?

If that LB jumps KGH or Kirksey, then we’ve got ourselves a player.
I think Kirksey/KGH are a little better than JAGs.
Pierre Louis & Reese-Maybin are JAGs imo. KGH is a step above, hence my opinion, a little better than a JAG.

So what are you saying?

If you’re saying we don’t need to draft a LB at 3 or 13, then sit the fah down & stop your bs. Cause that’s all I’m saying.

You know why despite having some good defense's, teams were able to get good passes on the Texans? LB coverage was bad. KGH played ok, but he gets washed down alot and in coverage he's ok. Kirksey, pretty much the same except he better against the run vs the pass. If you can get upgrade that spot, it moves your defense forward. Nakobe Dean is an all pro type. Neither of these guys are all anything. Just as Steelbtexan stated, Demeco was a pro bowl caliber player found in the 2nd rd. Its about fielding as many high end caliber players possible.

So you think we should draft a LB at 3 or 13?
Who introduced the idea that a LB needs to drafted at #3 or #13? I don't really get your point that the players on the roster in 2022 should influence the draft decisions next week. BPA. Best Player Available. I would include QBs, too. It's just that the best players this year are not QBs.

I dont care about need at this point of thr rebuild. I just want Caserio to pick a bunch of star level players. Ryans nor Watt were position of need players. That turned out pretty well. Meanwhile reaching for need with guys like XSF have proven to be bad picks.

LB's I like at #37 because I think hey have the ability to be star level players Anderson or Quay Walker would be great picks.

Who do you take if Nakobe Dean is still on the board at 37 with Anderson and Walker. Mcshay mentions in this article that he was surprised to hear teams have Walker rated higher than Dean due to his size/length and testing numbers (Where Dean did not test due to pec injury). If Dean falls to 37 I am running up to the podium without a second thought… but if its Anderson or Walker then i’m taking a hard look at the board before I justify using 37 on a LB given the other ways the team can go. Dean is undersized but his instincts and leadership are elite.

“I’m going to die on the Dean hill. That’s fine with me. I’m going to have him ranked too high, he’s going to get drafted way lower than I rank him. He’s going to be sitting on the ‘best available’ McShay list for a long time come Thursday night in the draft. But I’ve been told by multiple people that they think there’s a chance, in fact a couple teams told me this, that we have his teammate, Quay Walker - who’s a really good player but he’s not Dean on tape, but he’s longer, faster and they think there’s more upside – that they have Quay Walker ahead of Dean. I don’t know that it was shocking to me because it’s been building, and I thought something like that could come out when I talk to teams, but I just don’t see that on tape.

“The best player on that defense, every single game, is Nakobe Dean. Yet there’s a legitimate chance that he’s still on the board when we finish up (the first round) and he’s waiting all day Friday to get his name called in the first five, seven picks (of round two). There’s a legitimate chance that Nakobe Dean isn’t a first-round pick and that blows my mind.”

Who do you take if Nakobe Dean is still on the board at 37 with Anderson and Walker. Mcshay mentions in this article that he was surprised to hear teams have Walker rated higher than Dean due to his size/length and testing numbers (Where Dean did not test due to pec injury). If Dean falls to 37 I am running up to the podium without a second thought… but if its Anderson or Walker then i’m taking a hard look at the board before I justify using 37 on a LB given the other ways the team can go. Dean is undersized but his instincts and leadership are elite.

“I’m going to die on the Dean hill. That’s fine with me. I’m going to have him ranked too high, he’s going to get drafted way lower than I rank him. He’s going to be sitting on the ‘best available’ McShay list for a long time come Thursday night in the draft. But I’ve been told by multiple people that they think there’s a chance, in fact a couple teams told me this, that we have his teammate, Quay Walker - who’s a really good player but he’s not Dean on tape, but he’s longer, faster and they think there’s more upside – that they have Quay Walker ahead of Dean. I don’t know that it was shocking to me because it’s been building, and I thought something like that could come out when I talk to teams, but I just don’t see that on tape.

“The best player on that defense, every single game, is Nakobe Dean. Yet there’s a legitimate chance that he’s still on the board when we finish up (the first round) and he’s waiting all day Friday to get his name called in the first five, seven picks (of round two). There’s a legitimate chance that Nakobe Dean isn’t a first-round pick and that blows my mind.”

There's your chance to trade down. I like all of these guys and think they may all be on the board at 37. But I will trust Lovie on this, he knows great LB play.

Stopping the run and the short/intermediate passing game is a huge need

My final Mock….I selected a couple of massive DT’s (Davis and Ridgeway) and 2 solid Safeties in Weatherford and Anderson. This team is low on defense, in regards to DT and Safety personnel. If the DL and Safety positions were to be substantially upgraded….then I think the Texans defense would have the linebacker personnel to survive 2022 and if needed, the draft assets to address this position in 2023…..maybe even free agency with the expected cap space.

My final Mock….I selected a couple of massive DT’s (Davis and Ridgeway) and 2 solid Safeties in Weatherford and Anderson. This team is low on defense, in regards to DT and Safety personnel. If the DL and Safety positions were to be substantially upgraded….then I think the Texans defense would have the linebacker personnel to survive 2022 and if needed, the draft assets to address this position in 2023…..maybe even free agency with the expected cap space.
Yes, but all know your mocks aren't realistic :kitten:

I see Anderson as the leader of Lovies defense a bigger Darius Leonard type lb. I think Anderson could even rush the passer on 3rd and longs. I know he can cover TE/rb's.

You don't pass on talent like Anderson.
Just discovered Troy Anderson and had him penciled in at 37 based on a solid evaluation which is my go-to source. Then read Zierlein's evaluation. Pretty negative; a project.

However, in Lovie's Tampa 2, the leader of his offense is the middle LB, who calls the plays and must be adept at dropping into zone coverage. This is where I see Anderson.

My source has him rated in the bottom half of the 2nd round. I'm almost inclined to get him at 37 rather than risk him dropping to 68.

He'll excel on special teams to start. May take a year to develop at LB. Comments?

Where do you see Troy Anderson playing in Lovie’s defense? Love the talent, he can really do anything and the system is LB friendly. Even more friendly if Jordan Davis is drafted and can occupy blockers so the LBs can roam free!
MIKE. In Lovie's Tampa 2, the middle LB needs to cover the deep middle zone. Anderson has the speed and highly developed coverage skills to do so. Has been compared to a safety. Also is a "powerful sure tackler".

His big negative is that he only has two years playing LB.

Just discovered Troy Anderson and had him penciled in at 37 based on a solid evaluation which is my go-to source. Then read Zierlein's evaluation. Pretty negative; a project.

However, in Lovie's Tampa 2, the leader of his offense is the middle LB, who calls the plays and must be adept at dropping into zone coverage. This is where I see Anderson.

My source has him rated in the bottom half of the 2nd round. I'm almost inclined to get him at 37 rather than risk him dropping to 68.

He'll excel on special teams to start. May take a year to develop at LB. Comments?

I think differently than LZ when it comes to Anderson. Since he's new to the LB position he's got a lot of room to improve. He hasn't played much LB, but he stood out at Sr. Bowl. He was particularly good in coverage and a sure tackler. His future is very bright.

I think differently than LZ when it comes to Anderson. Since he's new to the LB position he's got a lot of room to improve. He hasn't played much LB, but he stood out at Sr. Bowl. He was particularly good in coverage and a sure tackler. His future is very bright.
One additional comment on Anderson is that his coverage skills are developed sufficiently so that he can drop into the nickle back position with a change in defense. He's a small college blue chip prospect.

Back