Steel B's Mock 3.0

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Rd.1 Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati
Rd.1 Jordan Davis DT Georgia
Rd.2 Troy Anderson OLB Montana St.
Rd.3 Jamare Salyer OG Georgia
Rd.3 WanDale Robinson WR Kentucky (Thnks LeeBigEZ)
Rd.3 Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio St. (I would use a 6th to trade into the bottom of the 3rd.
Rd.4 DeAngelo Malone Edge Western Kentucky
Rd. 6 Master Teague RB Ohio St. I would consider trading up into the 5th using the other 6th to make sure I got this guy.

Rd.6 Keaontay Ingram RB USC Bringing him home.
Rd.7 Damone Clark LB LSU

This is doable and I would be really happy if Caserio was able to draft these guys.

Rd.1 Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati
Rd.1 Jordan Davis DT Georgia
Rd.2 Troy Anderson OLB Montana St.
Rd.3 Jamare Salyer OG Georgia
Rd.3 WanDale Robinson WR Kentucky (Thnks LeeBigEZ)
Rd.3 Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio St. (I would use a 6th to trade into the bottom of the 3rd.
Rd.4 DeAngelo Malone Edge Western Kentucky
Rd. 6 Master Teague RB Ohio St. I would consider trading up into the 5th using the other 6th to make sure I got this guy.

Rd.6 Keaontay Ingram RB USC Bringing him home.
Rd.7 Damone Clark LB LSU

This is doable and I would be really happy if Caserio was able to draft these guys.

Where do you see Troy Anderson playing in Lovie’s defense? Love the talent, he can really do anything and the system is LB friendly. Even more friendly if Jordan Davis is drafted and can occupy blockers so the LBs can roam free!

I like it Steel !
But as much as I like the Anderson kid in particular drafting him that high seems a little early ?

Where do you see Troy Anderson playing in Lovie’s defense? Love the talent, he can really do anything and the system is LB friendly. Even more friendly if Jordan Davis is drafted and can occupy blockers so the LBs can roam free!

I see Anderson as the leader of Lovies defense a bigger Darius Leonard type lb. I think Anderson could even rush the passer on 3rd and longs. I know he can cover TE/rb's.

You don't pass on talent like Anderson.

I like it Steel !
But as much as I like the Anderson kid in particular drafting him that high seems a little early ?

I rank players the way I see them and I'm willing to draft a guy higher than the pundits say he should go if I like a player.

I really like Anderson because I think he's a 3 down LB with great coverage skills and you mentioned his work ethic and I want these types of leaders on the team, particularly during the rebuilding times. There's great value in that. IMHO

I like Anderson, but I think he's going to be 3rd/4th rd pick. I actually like him as a mike especially with his qb background. His instincts are ok, but as an athlete, he's top shelf. I definitely see Sauce going at 3, but that 13 is a wildcard. Even though I'm really high on Williams from Bama, but if they can get a Pierce or Robinson in the 3rd or 4th, then they could use that pick on another trench pick on either side.

I like Anderson, but I think he's going to be 3rd/4th rd pick. I actually like him as a mike especially with his qb background. His instincts are ok, but as an athlete, he's top shelf. I definitely see Sauce going at 3, but that 13 is a wildcard. Even though I'm really high on Williams from Bama, but if they can get a Pierce or Robinson in the 3rd or 4th, then they could use that pick on another trench pick on either side.

The pundits have him in that range but I suspect he’ll be a mid to back end of 2nd round guy. Him and Mcbride TE are two players i’m interested in if Texans acquire an extra 2nd in a trade down. I just don’t want to spend a pick on a LB with one of the top three picks the team currently has… would rather address larger needs and trust Lovie can scheme up production like he did with KGH last season. Now if Nakobe Dean fell to 37 then I change my mind and would run the card up to the podium!

The pundits have him in that range but I suspect he’ll be a mid to back end of 2nd round guy. Him and Mcbride TE are two players i’m interested in if Texans acquire an extra 2nd in a trade down. I just don’t want to spend a pick on a LB with one of the top three picks the team currently has… would rather address larger needs and trust Lovie can scheme up production like he did with KGH last season. Now if Nakobe Dean fell to 37 then I change my mind and would run the card up to the podium!
KGH is temp based on his salary and age. I agree with you about Dean, but you also need players everywhere. I like McBride, but I think Jelani Woods in the 4th or 5th.

KGH is temp based on his salary and age. I agree with you about Dean, but you also need players everywhere. I like McBride, but I think Jelani Woods in the 4th or 5th.

I like Woods too. I posted my thoughts on TEs yesterday. I want to grab one in the 4th either 107/108.

The situation i’d take Mcbride (or Anderson) is if the Texans get an extra 2nd from a trade down. As the picks stand and what players are projected to fall I want to address other areas of the team ahead of LB at 37 (unless Dean falls to 37… which I doubt).

They signed him to another 1 year deal. I imagine there was a disconnect about his long term value.

But he’s been solid. Kirksey solid as well. I wouldn’t mind seeing an upgrade, but I’d like to find our 3rd LB to fill out our 4-3

They signed him to another 1 year deal. I imagine there was a disconnect about his long term value.

But he’s been solid. Kirksey solid as well. I wouldn’t mind seeing an upgrade, but I’d like to find our 3rd LB to fill out our 4-3

I suspect they are prepared to have Reeves-Maybin as their 3rd LB unless a preferred prospect falls to them. Wallow in the mix too going into year two. I think Pierre-Louis will be cut. If for no other reason than we can’t have two LBs with two last names.

Kirksey and KGH are fill ins until they get their guy

I rank players the way I see them and I'm willing to draft a guy higher than the pundits say he should go if I like a player.

I really like Anderson because I think he's a 3 down LB with great coverage skills and you mentioned his work ethic and I want these types of leaders on the team, particularly during the rebuilding times. There's great value in that. IMHO
Well lets hope that Caserio sees shades of Tedy Bruschi in Andersen, which would probably move him higher on Caserios Board.

Well lets hope that Caserio sees shades of Tedy Bruschi in Andersen, which would probably move him higher on Caserios Board.
Bruschi was one of the all time leaders in sacks in cfb. I don't think Anderson is in that space. He's kinda like the Wolf Hunter for the Cowboys

Agree and you see it in the drafting process all the time.
Once you get out of the top 50 or so, reaching for a guy is less of a gamble - if you are really keen on a guy, go get him - there is no point waiting to see if he falls 40 spots to your next pick only to see someone else snag him a few picks ahead of you - and he turns into a pro bowler.

Agree and you see it in the drafting process all the time.
Once you get out of the top 50 or so, reaching for a guy is less of a gamble - if you are really keen on a guy, go get him - there is no point waiting to see if he falls 40 spots to your next pick only to see someone else snag him a few picks ahead of you - and he turns into a pro bowler.
This was a big reason RS was a failure. Missed out on Jimmy G and Locket because he sat there and waited. No telling how many more guys he missed out on that we don't know about.

I suspect they are prepared to have Reeves-Maybin as their 3rd LB unless a preferred prospect falls to them. Wallow in the mix too going into year two. I think Pierre-Louis will be cut. If for no other reason than we can’t have two LBs with two last names.
I pretty much agree.

Right now KGH & Kirksey are our two starting LBs. The third guy is on the field or not, depending on coverage.

Any LB we draft in the 1st two rounds will probably leap frog Reeves-Maybin, Pierre-Louis, wallow, or any other LB we might have on the roster.

If that LB jumps KGH or Kirksey, then we’ve got ourselves a player.

This was a big reason RS was a failure. Missed out on Jimmy G and Locket because he sat there and waited. No telling how many more guys he missed out on that we don't know about.
Just because you liked Jimmy G, who really has been injury prone and mid tier at best, doesn't mean that he was that high on the scouts board. When you said if you really like a player, you're ready to draft a player higher than expected, thats called a reach. I thought Locket should've went before Strong, but you have to remember the coach and his bigger player wants. I never was a strong fan even though he tested well and had really good production.

Once you get out of the top 50 or so, reaching for a guy is less of a gamble
This was a big reason RS was a failure. Missed out on Jimmy G and Locket

I agree, I wouldn’t have had a problem if they traded back to the late 2nd for JimmyG, or whoever.

But the problem with Rick was well past the top 64. More like outside the top 100.

Just because you liked Jimmy G, who really has been injury prone and mid tier at best, doesn't mean that he was that high on the scouts board. When you said if you really like a player, you're ready to draft a player higher than expected, thats called a reach. I thought Locket should've went before Strong, but you have to remember the coach and his bigger player wants. I never was a strong fan even though he tested well and had really good production.
I've read BOB wanted Jimmy G and RS won our that debate. With the team Houston had, I think if they had drafted Jimmy G they would have looked alot like the 49ers do today

Supposedly Lockett was the pick and Schneider jumped RS.

I pretty much agree.

Right now KGH & Kirksey are our two starting LBs. The third guy is on the field or not, depending on coverage.

Any LB we draft in the 1st two rounds will probably leap frog Reeves-Maybin, Pierre-Louis, wallow, or any other LB we might have on the roster.

If that LB jumps KGH or Kirksey, then we’ve got ourselves a player.
Anderson is a player.

He can run 4.42/ jump and is a sure tackler. His coverage skills are top notch. I see him like Darius Leonard and that would be the best LB on the team as a rookie. On top of all of that, he's got great leadership qualities. Don't let JAG's like Kirksey/KGH keep you from drafting a great player.

I think Kirksey/KGH are a little better than JAGs.

& I’m not even insinuating not to draft the guy you’re talking about. I’m just saying if he pushes KGH/Kirksey to the third spot then he’s the real deal
Who else could they start and play significant snaps with? I think KGH fits the scheme, but he's 29 on another 1 yr 4m deal. If the nfl thought he was a high impact difference maker, he wouldn't be on the Texans. That means he's a jag imo

Who else could they start and play significant snaps with? I think KGH fits the scheme, but he's 29 on another 1 yr 4m deal. If the nfl thought he was a high impact difference maker, he wouldn't be on the Texans. That means he's a jag imo
You don't think his game was good enough last season?

I've read BOB wanted Jimmy G and RS won our that debate. With the team Houston had, I think if they had drafted Jimmy G they would have looked alot like the 49ers do today

Supposedly Lockett was the pick and Schneider jumped RS.
Except they don't have that run game/run action of the 49ers. They didn't draft Kittles in the 4th rd or those rb's who are sytem oriented. Comparing the discount at which Lil Shanny can get system guys to BOB who never devloped any skill players is far fetched. Even though I'm a Lil Shanny guy, they could've had Mahomes or Watson vs the 3 tech from Stanford. They missed and had to do a comeback and draft Lance.

Except they don't have that run game/run action of the 49ers. They didn't draft Kittles in the 4th rd or those rb's who are sytem oriented. Comparing the discount at which Lil Shanny can get system guys to BOB who never devloped any skill players is far fetched. Even though I'm a Lil Shanny guy, they could've had Mahomes or Watson vs the 3 tech from Stanford. They missed and had to do a comeback and draft Lance.

They had Foster/AJ/Daniels etc...

Are you talking about the 49ers missing with Jimmy G? The only problem with Jimmy G is that he gets hurt. He's made a SB and a NFC championship game with him in the last 3 yrs. His performance in the playoffs suck because he was playing with torn thumb ligaments and most importantly a bum shoulder that needed surgery this offseason. Despite this the 49ers were a dropped Tartt Int away from being in another SB.

I would've liked to see what Jimmy G could've done with the weapons Hoyer had. It wasn't meant to be.

They had Foster/AJ/Daniels etc...

Are you talking about the 49ers missing with Jimmy G? The only problem with Jimmy G is that he gets hurt. He's made a SB and a NFC championship game with him in the last 3 yrs. His performance in the playoffs suck because he was playing with torn thumb ligaments and most importantly a bum shoulder that needed surgery this offseason. Despite this the 49ers were a dropped Tartt Int away from being in another SB.

I would've liked to see what Jimmy G could've done with the weapons Hoyer had. It wasn't meant to be.
What weapons? Just asking

Foster/Daniels/AJ/Rookie Hopkins etc... and a decent OL. They had a really good team the yr Hoyer crapped the bed against K.C. at NRG.
Cool. I think Jimmy is a trailer vs the tractor. He's only as good as his cast. I did think they needed a qb, but given OB and his operations, they needed someone who could overcome his shortcoming vs Lil shanny who can can put qb's in the best possible position with minimal risk. The game vs Rams told me Shanny is a better coach than McVeigh.

I’m a big proponent of coaching. If you don’t have good coaches, you’re throwing away draft picks.

if a coach can make a productive player out of a guy like KGH, I don’t mind drafting players with premier picks for him
Coaching has been a major issue for the Texans.
I'm hoping Lovie will get it right with his choices for assistants and the various position coaches.

Cool. I think Jimmy is a trailer vs the tractor. He's only as good as his cast. I did think they needed a qb, but given OB and his operations, they needed someone who could overcome his shortcoming vs Lil shanny who can can put qb's in the best possible position with minimal risk. The game vs Rams told me Shanny is a better coach than McVeigh.

Jimmy G was pretty good when he got to play in Foxboro.

Not nearly as good as Jimmy G.
Jimmy played 3 games, Brissett beat a pretty good Texans team. Both were under the BB and McDaniels spell. In my opinion, you can always count on Jimmy to make a bad play at the worse moment. He tried to give the cowboys playoff game away. On their sb run, it was pretty much keeping the ball out of his hands. Not only that, he's injury prone consistently

Jimmy played 3 games, Brissett beat a pretty good Texans team. Both were under the BB and McDaniels spell. In my opinion, you can always count on Jimmy to make a bad play at the worse moment. He tried to give the cowboys playoff game away. On their sb run, it was pretty much keeping the ball out of his hands. Not only that, he's injury prone consistently

I'll let his record speak for itself.

Back