Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

St. Louis Rams @ Houston Texans. Noon. 10/13. FOX. **Official Game Thread**

Lot of guys trying to take the scapegoat title from #8 today.

If these penalties and delays keep up, this game will take freaking forever to play.

I like that Schaub is getting some good easy work underneath to build his rhythm. The bad thing is if the Rams score here, Kubiak has to call more down field aggressive plays and then we'll see if Schaub can do the job.

I like that Schaub is getting some good easy work underneath to build his rhythm. The bad thing is if the Rams score here, Kubiak has to call more down field aggressive plays and then we'll see if Schaub can do the job.

There was no need to throw the ball down field if the wr hang on to the ball. 7-12 yards is just fine and will open up the field later on

Lot of guys trying to take the scapegoat title from #8 today.

If these penalties and delays keep up, this game will take freaking forever to play.

I think that Kubiak is the only scapegoat and rightfully so. It wasn't just Schaub playing terrible these past three weeks. The whole team was making mistakes. I blame poor coaching for that. If this season continues to nosedive at least we'll get a new coach...I hope.

There was no need to throw the ball down field if the wr hang on to the ball. 7-12 yards is just fine and will open up the field later on

I agree. But if the Texans get down 14-0.....I would imagine it's time for deeper pass plays as let's face it, reality and odds say short underneath passes aren't going to bring a team back.

A team can do that all day long when not way behind or with a lead and hope for a big play.

EDIT: Rams only got 3 so Texans could still go with the short stuff and be ok for now. Plenty of time left. Don't want to force anything and have Schaub $hit his pants.

I think that Kubiak is the only scapegoat and rightfully so. It wasn't just Schaub playing terrible these past three weeks. The whole team was making mistakes. I blame poor coaching for that. If this season continues to nosedive at least we'll get a new coach...I hope.

Dominating in yardage and first downs but losing because of penalties and turnovers -- regularly -- all comes back to coaching.

This is just easily the worst coached team in the league. A complete inability to maintain consistency and an overwhelming tendency to self-destruct.

Don't worry about it. Even if they lose this game, we can predict winning out and finishing 12-4. That will show the Debbie Downers who think this is an average team!

futility.jpg

This game falls on Kareem Jackson, Duane Brown, and DeAndre Hopkins so far.

About 3-4 weeks ago, there was little but praise to KJ about how much he has grown and improved. We've seen a rather major regression in the losing streak, even if the latest PI call was questionable.

That's the way the #1 D should play on a turnover on their end of the field...

Unfortunately they have to do it every time out because the offense continually puts them in horrible situations.

The amount of times they've forced a 3 & out, but still given up points because of field position, is ridiculous.

Well at least it's nice to see so many players supporting Schaub by playing like sh!t to make him feel better. What a supportive group of guys.

The Texans game plan of ball control long drives is part of the reason we are having problems. A couple turnovers could equal 15:00 minutes. Say they score 10 points on those turnovers then we need 10:00 minutes to get those points back based on us being able to move the ball. That is almost half the game just to get back to even if all goes right.

About 3-4 weeks ago, there was little but praise to KJ about how much he has grown and improved. We've seen a rather major regression in the losing streak, even if the latest PI call was questionable.

Absolutely. Goes to show that he's still got a ton of work to do.

The Texans game plan of ball control long drives is part of the reason we are having problems. A couple turnovers could equal 15:00 minutes. Say they score 10 points on those turnovers then we need 10:00 minutes to get those points back based on us being able to move the ball. That is almost half the game just to get back to even if all goes right.

Ball control and clock control are just horrible. Get out of here

Back