Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dolphins_ChadRi

Practice Squad
Getting much closer to what we need. Add 2.36 and 2.50 this draft and I would make the deal. Note that I am giving up a second round pick in 2022. Miami should know that most do not want Tua. Also at 1.3 we are not getting Zach Wilson. Miami has to create a desire for us to look elsewhere for a starting quarterback. I am concerned that the Texans may not accept even my suggestions. Can you come up with another young starter preferably on the defense and eliminate Tua tag; perhaps replacing him with draft pick?
We've heard conflicting reports on how the Houston FO sees Tua. Its kinda the great unknown in this.

Noteworthy, our FO leaked yesterday that the Dolphins will be involved "if or when" Watson becomes available.

So if you don't like Tua, im sure we could find a team that does like him and trade Tua to them.

Dolphins_ChadRi

Practice Squad
I think a RD2-03-035 or another RD1 in 2023 would probably put a ribbon on this trade.

Howard
Tua
RD1-03-003
RD1-18-018
2022 RD1
2023 RD1
Or
Howard
Tua
RD1-03-003
RD1-18-018
RD2-03-035
2022 RD1

If the Dolphins wanted to add a solid target in Cooks, he'd be a receiver that Watson would more than appreciate and a solid addition to the Dolphins. Cost:
2021 RD2-018-050

Watson and Cooks make the Dolphins a very formidable team in the AFC East. Bills may not be the favorite after the draft.
I think we would be open to Cooks in the deal. We do have cap space and need a WR.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hey again Texans fans!!!!

Hope you guys all survived the blizzard and are heathy and well.

Rumor around our Dolphins mill is that Xavian Howard is going to be offered in the Watson trade.

I'm hearing something in the range of

Howard
Tua
2022 1st rounder.

Just wanted to see what your thoughts were on this.
Give me 35 and a 2022 3rd instead of Tua and we have a deal. The Dolphins should be able to trade Tua to a team like the Redskins or Bears to recoup their 2022 3rd.

Texans trade Watson/Cooks 2022 3rd

Dolphins trade

2021 1/3, 1/18, 2/35, 2/50 and a 2022 1st plus Howard.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
We've heard conflicting reports on how the Houston FO sees Tua. Its kinda the great unknown in this.

Noteworthy, our FO leaked yesterday that the Dolphins will be involved "if or when" Watson becomes available.

So if you don't like Tua, im sure we could find a team that does like him and trade Tua to them.
Just know that if Jets offer 1.2 guaranteeing either TL or Z and a package that is even less than what I have discussed from Dolphins, Caserio takes it. You need Watson to push you into conversation yearly as Super Bowl contenders. Jets need him to move at minimum to middle of the pack. That would be a tremendous upgrade for them and he would attract premium free agents for all that cap space. The next two-year average for Deshaun cap hit is going to be very good for a top 8 or higher QB. Even more significantly is what NYC offers Off the football field compared to Miami. That just cannot be overlooked by your owner.

Mr. Ross needs to dig deep and beat out the Jets now and hope Caserio blinks rather than give Jets another bite. Overwhelm Nicky so that he falls out of his recliner trying to find the cell he just dropped.

Don't be cute or try to impress media. Get your franchise quarterback for the next 10 to 12 years. Everyone says that Watson is an amazing deal and the Texans will never receive adequate compensation so why hesitate? Take advantage of our front office. Start comparing your shiny new DeShaun Watson to Mahomes like we have.

Dolphins_ChadRi

Practice Squad
Just know that if Jets offer 1.2 guaranteeing either TL or Z and a package that is even less than what I have discussed from Dolphins, Caserio takes it. You need Watson to push you into conversation yearly as Super Bowl contenders. Jets need him to move at minimum to middle of the pack. That would be a tremendous upgrade for them and he would attract premium free agents for all that cap space. The next two-year average for Deshaun cap hit is going to be very good for a top 8 or higher QB. Even more significantly is what NYC offers Off the football field compared to Miami. That just cannot be overlooked by your owner.

Mr. Ross needs to dig deep and beat out the Jets now and hope Caserio blinks rather than give Jets another bite. Overwhelm Nicky so that he falls out of his recliner trying to find the cell he just dropped.

Don't be cute or try to impress media. Get your franchise quarterback for the next 10 to 12 years. Everyone says that Watson is an amazing deal and the Texans will never receive adequate compensation so why hesitate? Take advantage of our front office. Start comparing your shiny new DeShaun Watson to Mahomes like we have.
Sounds like Watson has no interest in going to the Jets because they are so devoid of talent. He said 2 days ago, the Jets would have to give up too much for him to still be competitive.

The Panthers are going to be serious players in this. They don't have the picks to offer but they are going to send a huge offer the Texans way. It also sends Watson to a rather weak team and out of the AFC, which has to be appealing to the Texans FO. But again Watson said he wants to play in a "big market" which Carolina isn't. That leaves San Fran, Denver and Miami as the front runners.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Sounds like Watson has no interest in going to the Jets because they are so devoid of talent. He said 2 days ago, the Jets would have to give up too much for him to still be competitive.

The Panthers are going to be serious players in this. They don't have the picks to offer but they are going to send a huge offer the Texans way. It also sends Watson to a rather weak team and out of the AFC, which has to be appealing to the Texans FO. But again Watson said he wants to play in a "big market" which Carolina isn't. That leaves San Fran, Denver and Miami as the front runners.
No, Watson supposedly said he understood Jets would give up a lot not that would sway him. Again do not Overlook the appeal of off the field brand exploding opportunities for Watson in New York City like it or not, DW is not looking at only football.
I think you are correct about the Panthers however will the Jets look at Carolina as a potential adversary and up what New York is willing to offer?

badboy

Hall of Fame
I just thought of a good example to compare with Watson. In 2006 Pontiac came out with the solstice a radical new sports concept for a reasonable priced convertible sports car. I really wanted to be the kid on the Block with an awesome vehicle that everybody turned to watch drive by and when I parked it came running up to ask me what is that? I had never paid retail price on any of the cars I had bought. When I made a counter-offer the salesman laughed and said most purchasers are going over sticker price. He looked at me and said do you want it or not?

I did and I did. Never looked back. One of the best deals I ever made.

mussop

Hall of Fame
If a Carolina deal includes McCaffrey, I would just flip him for more picks. CMC will not want to go through another rebuild, and he’s probably not a culture “fit “.
I was thinking what if we get McCaffery and with their first pick we get Fields we would be very similar offensive talent wise to Baltimore where Cully was an offensive coach.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Darnold is not worthless. I don’t want him as a QB for HOU.
I don't have a problem with Darnold if the Texans think they can win with him. It's similar to the David Johnson for Hopkins trade, but only kind of.

He'd be a reclamation project (kinda how some here see Watson) but not so bad as Goff, or David Johnson.

I'd count him as a mid 2nd. & see if Pep Hamilton can fix him.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Rumor around our Dolphins mill is that Xavian Howard is going to be offered in the Watson trade.

Howard
Tua
2022 1st rounder.

Three 1sts in this draft & next, plus Howard, plus Tua... I'd do it pending what happens with the Howard thing. If he doesn't work out I'd take two 2021 second round picks

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Again do not Overlook the appeal of off the field brand exploding opportunities for Watson in New York City like it or not, DW is not looking at only football.
I think this is like Watson's girlfriend wanting to go to NY or Miami to further her modeling career. Pure, unadulterated BS. If she had what it takes, she'd already be in NY.

She knows she needs Watson regardless where she goes.

Similarly, it's about Watson, not where he is. If Baker Mayfield is on national add campaigns, & so is Lamar... & Ramsey isn't, despite being in LA, the fault is in his agent. Not where he plays.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
NYJ have the 23rd pick in this upcoming draft plus 2 1sts next year and 2 3rds this year as well. And Darnold.
Playing with house money must be nice.
In the couple games I've seen Darnold play I was definitely favorably impressed.
One way or the other NC should have a firm opinion of Darnold since in his former position his team was in the same division
as the Jets & Darnold.
Yea I'd really like to see the Texans move on a deal with Jets ASAP because of two factors: Watson simply won't be happy here and wants out of here, and his value will never be higher than it is right now.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
You think the Texans will only end up with Tua, the 18th and a 3rd this year and a 2022 1st for Watson? F that! I wouldn’t trade him then. He can sit his happy ass at home
That's where it's at in my opinion. Neither Watson nor Miami has leverage because of situations. The Texans can't maximize value because Watson has a no trade clause. If he says I want to go to Miami, what do you think Miami is going to offer then? It's a no win situation. Best case is he comes back in the fold. If he sits out, they will be bad enough to have a very high pick next year.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
One way or the other NC should have a firm opinion of Darnold since in his former position his team was in the same division
as the Jets & Darnold.
I think I posted this before in one of the many Watson trade threads.

In 3 games vs. Patriots, Darnold has passed at a 53% completion rate, 1 TD, 6 INTs, 5.5 ypa. The Jets generated 17 points in those 3 games.

So yeah, pretty sure Caserio has a pretty firm opinion on Darnold.

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
That's where it's at in my opinion. Neither Watson nor Miami has leverage because of situations. The Texans can't maximize value because Watson has a no trade clause. If he says I want to go to Miami, what do you think Miami is going to offer then? It's a no win situation. Best case is he comes back in the fold. If he sits out, they will be bad enough to have a very high pick next year.
I hear you. I think the team goes to his agent and says we don’t want to trade DW at all. For us to even consider moving him he’s got to agree to a list of teams with some teams that we approve of as well. IMO that’s how this gets done.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Kyle lied, then he apologized to Watson. The apology didn't come with Easterby's dismissal, so I guess that wasn't good enough for Deshaun.
Another example of DW4 being a Diva and stepping outside his lane. I understand why they're waiting to get the best deal possible for DW4, but I cant wait for them to ship his Diva azz out of town. BTW, there's a big difference in the words input and final decision maker. Screw DW4.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Kyle lied, then he apologized to Watson. The apology didn't come with Easterby's dismissal, so I guess that wasn't good enough for Deshaun.
You never told me what Cal lied about, he gave DW4 input. He just didn't do what DW4 wanted him to do.

Another example of DW4 being a Diva and stepping outside his lane. I understand why they're waiting to get the best deal possible for DW4, but I cant wait for them to ship his Diva azz out of town. BTW, there's a big difference in the words input and final decision maker. Screw DW4.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
You never told me what Cal lied about, he gave DW4 input. He just didn't do what DW4 wanted him to do.

Look, you don't like McNair. But, you dislike Watson more. That's well documented. You have your own reasons I'd prefer not to re-read.

However, McNair made promises he didn't keep. Whether he should have is another question. This is on McNair. 1000%. That's where the buck stops.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Look, you don't like McNair. But, you dislike Watson more. That's well documented. You have your own reasons I'd prefer not to re-read.

However, McNair made promises he didn't keep. Whether he should have is another question. This is on McNair. 1000%. That's where the buck stops.
What promise did McNair not keep?

You're mistaken if you think I like the McNairs. I would have thought you would have known this after me calling them money grubbing carpetbaggers all of these yrs.

I don't like the McNairs or DW4. Let's get that out in the open. I just want to know how Cal lied to DW4, and will be waiting patiently for your explanation.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

What promise did McNair not keep?

You're mistaken if you think I like the McNairs. I would have thought you would have known this after me calling them money grubbing carpetbaggers all of these yrs.

I don't like the McNairs or DW4. Let's get that out in the open. I just want to know how Cal lied to DW4, and will be waiting patiently for your explanation.

FireBOB

Waterboy

Howard
Tua
2022 1st rounder.

More picks, less Tua.

Oh, and you have to take Easterby for any trade to work.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I think I posted this before in one of the many Watson trade threads.

In 3 games vs. Patriots, Darnold has passed at a 53% completion rate, 1 TD, 6 INTs, 5.5 ypa. The Jets generated 17 points in those 3 games.

So yeah, pretty sure Caserio has a pretty firm opinion on Darnold.
Well that's what I meant because since he's already seen quite a bit of Darnold, so NC has a big head start on seizing up his value.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
So, you aren't reading my posts or following my links? Why am I bothering to communicate?

From the link I previously provided:

McNair has apologized privately to Watson while publicly acknowledging the need for better communication. Watson became upset at not being involved in the hiring process for a general manager and coach after McNair assured him he would.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So, you aren't reading my posts or following my links? Why am I bothering to communicate?

Cal is such a cat's meow. Bottom line is DW4 gave his input and Cal rejected that input. Very simple.

You think his dad would have done this?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Good question, I don't usually read links that I'm sure an idiot makes quotes in. Hi Cal.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Cal is such a cat's meow. Bottom line is DW4 gave his input and Cal rejected that input. Very simple.

You think his dad would have done this?
Let me see if I have the bases/posts you have covered:
  • DW4, Watt and even McClain were on the search committee
  • DW4 will get his way because Cal, Easterby, and Pancakes will not go against DW4 wishes
  • DW4 wants a minority HC and GM
  • DW4 and Pancakes will be pushing Bieniemy
  • Cal the cuck will do whatever DW4 wants
  • It doesn't matter who is interviewed. Cuck will hire Bieniemy to appease Watson
  • DW4 gave his input and Cal rejected it
Whoever is providing this information to you is as reliable as Centerpoint during a winter storm.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Deshaun Watson will have input on Texans' coaching hire, and he's a strong believer in Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy
OCTOBER 11, 2020

Specifically, owner Cal McNair has already talked to starting quarterback Deshaun Watson about the direction of the team going forward and solicited his opinion, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. While Watson will not be a formal part of the team that chooses the next coach -- and McNair intends to hire the GM first -- the owner does value very much the feedback of his highest-paid player, and sources said Watson has already advocated for Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy.

Deshaun Watson Reportedly Advocates for Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy to Be Texans HC
OCTOBER 11, 2020

of CBS Sports reported Watson has already advocated for the Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator in a meeting with Texans owner Cal McNair.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Let me see if I have the bases/posts you have covered:
  • DW4, Watt and even McClain were on the search committee
  • DW4 will get his way because Cal, Easterby, and Pancakes will not go against DW4 wishes
  • DW4 wants a minority HC and GM
  • DW4 and Pancakes will be pushing Bieniemy
  • Cal the cuck will do whatever DW4 wants
  • It doesn't matter who is interviewed. Cuck will hire Bieniemy to appease Watson
  • DW4 gave his input and Cal rejected it
Whoever is providing this information to you is as reliable as Centerpoint during a winter storm.
Yep, and the hiring of Caserio was the turd in the punch bowl and the reason why DW4 is acting like a petulant child.

mussop

Hall of Fame
I want a heavy defense draft. Grab that qb. After that all d.
I want just the opposite. If we draft a QB with first pick then load up his side of the ball. Give him as much protection and as many weapons as you can get.

but that will never happen Their going to trade with the Jets and with the number two pick pass up Wilson and draft Feilds. I’ve sent this article https://sportsspectrum.com/sport/football/2021/01/02/justin-fields-ohio-state-cfp-title-game-glory-god/ to the “man in charge” So consider it locked in.

Jack Burton

Veteran
I don't have a problem with Darnold if the Texans think they can win with him. It's similar to the David Johnson for Hopkins trade, but only kind of.

He'd be a reclamation project (kinda how some here see Watson) but not so bad as Goff, or David Johnson.

I'd count him as a mid 2nd. & see if Pep Hamilton can fix him.
Again, I don’t want Darnold as a HOU QB. I want him in the deal so HOU can then trade him to another team.
He has good value and their will be teams like DEN or CHI who will want him. And they have assets.
Darnold is on his last year of his rookie deal. So it’s a make or break year for him. DEN for example, has a boat load of young talent on offense. Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Lindsey, Fant and Okwuegbunam.
Plus they have SMU WR Courtland Sutton coming back from an ACL tear and is supposedly healthy and ready to go. He was injured in week one I think. He’s also on his final year of his rookie deal and there’s lots of talk that DEN isn’t going to be able to afford him and then be able to keep all these other young receivers.
HOU can trade Darnold for WR Sutton and TE Okwueguban. Two huge red zone receiving threats who are young to add to the offense.