Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you have any information on his medical condition with his hip that we may not have seen? Also is it not a fact that his ability to pass was impacted his rookie season in the NFL by that same injury? Increased arm strength is good for any QB however I am hoping that his off season has benefited him.
Tua has said multiple times that he was "running in quicksand compaired to normal" due to the hip not being at 100% strength. Also Tua had no strength training or regular work outs for 14 months before the season because he was just rehabbing his hip.

It had to effect him, I mean how couldn't it? The photos Tua posted the other day makes it look like his hip is now at 100% and he's working his a** off.

I'm not nearly as worried about sticking with Tua after seeing how hard he's working and the things he's been saying lately. He said today "I would trade all the fame and popularity in the world just to win a Super bowl ring."

I still want Watson but I'm pretty happy with Tua, kinda a win - win situation in my eyes.

Tua has said multiple times that he was "running in quicksand compaired to normal" due to the hip not being at 100% strength. Also Tua had no strength training or regular work outs for 14 months before the season because he was just rehabbing his hip.

It had to effect him, I mean how couldn't it? The photos Tua posted the other day makes it look like his hip is now at 100% and he's working his a** off.

I'm not nearly as worried about sticking with Tua after seeing how hard he's working and the things he's been saying lately. He said today "I would trade all the fame and popularity in the world just to win a Super bowl ring."

I still want Watson but I'm pretty happy with Tua, kinda a win - win situation in my eyes.
You confirm what I have read and researched. Thanks! I still hope you get Watson and we get a whole bunch of goodies.

Just to discuss not argue, if you can get an AJ and a DeAndre Hopkins In the first round why would you not? Why is hitching our wagon to Tua a Bad Thing? Even if at $2m he fails, we rise from maybe 1.3 in 2022 draft to 1.1? Shudder. And we still have AJ and Hop, lol. We get our franchise quarterback in 2022 with two great receivers beginning their second year how is that possibly bad? Also just to clarify if the Jets do not pick Zach Wilson with the second pick, I would as of today draft him with the third pick. As you say I can get a good running back in the fourth as I stated or perhaps around 5.

I am interested in whom you see as a wide receiver round two set come anywhere near the level of Devonta Smith and Jaylen waddle.

I think you would agree that evaluation of players is in the eyes of the beholder as is which side of the ball we need to draft or sign in free agency First. In my conversations on trades with the Jets and with the dolphins I have us receiving either quinnen Williams or cornerback Xavian Howard.

Caleb Farley and Patrick Surtain both corners are only round ones IMO that meet a priority need and if we get Howard and keep Roby neither are any longer priorities.

Well to the first point you don't know if you have an AJ or Hopkins till well after they are drafted. To the second point I don't see Tua as a franchise QB right now. You are assuming if he fails then we will be drafting 1:1 or even top 5 and I disagree. Again I don't see him as a franchise guy but I do think he would get us into high teens, low 20s in the draft. Thats where Texans have always floated and its the worst place to be because you are to high for the major game changers, unless you trade the farm to move up, but to low to say you are just a couple of players away.

We lost 6 games by one TD or less last season, now I grant you that was with Watson but still that tells me if the defense had been able to make just a few key stops then we wouldn't be looking at trading with Miami to get our pick back. Offense needs a running game and we need to learn exactly what we have with the Oline now that there is a new coach but the defense needs pretty much a complete overhaul. I don't see the Jets or fins giving up a player when they are giving up as many picks as it would take so I'm not even factoring those in, strictly looking at picks.

I agree if Jets don't take Wilson then grab him with the 3rd but thats the case with every draft when a player that should have been taken higher falls into your lap, its not something you game plan around.

Houston Texans reportedly refusing to listen to Deshaun Watson trade offers

A look inside News Break: Proof that local journalism is dead
A toxic community and endless ads make the News Break experience tough, while the “Classifieds” feature is cause for some hope.

Henry Englert
8.20.20 11:00 AM

US News Break was founded by Chinese media veteran Jeff Zheng, formerly of ... Every third news story that shows up on the user's feed is a ridiculous ... of get-rich-quick scam headlines, pasted under clipart of cash money.

THE WHOLE STORY

News Break

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

• Overall, we rate News Break Left-Center Biased and Questionable due to the use of poor sources, and publishing satire as real news, which is actually fake news when not disclosed.
THE REST OF THE STORY

Tuas problem last season was arm strength mainly.... and the fact we lost our top 4 WRs for most of his starts.

Tua had very good accuracy but was very timid about taking risks with risky throws downfield. Which is why Fitz was brought in a couple times in relief. Fitz is willing to just chuck it up and see what happens, this is not Tuas game. Hes calculated and very good at using his eyes to fool safties downfield. The Dolphins WR just couldn't get open 90% of the time.

If Tua keeps adding muscle his arm strength should improve. I mean he did win 4 out of 5 games to start his career last season.
One thing that is being kept under the radar is that his questionable arm strength is due to a lingering left shoulder labrum injury that he sustained in 2018. He continues to be compromised by this injury, and it may only become worse with full-time play. Between this and his hip issue which classically shows degeneration in 2-3 years, Tua has too many questions to rely on his becoming an effective long-term franchise QB.

One thing that is being kept under the radar is that his questionable arm strength is due to a lingering left shoulder labrum injury that he sustained in 2018. He continues to be compromised by this injury, and it may only become worse with full-time play. Between this and his hip issue which classically shows degeneration in 2-3 years, Tua has too many questions to rely on his becoming an effective long-term franchise QB.

So I should start saving for a Tua jersey?

On another board, a fan posted an idea that I was actually in favor of.

The only trade scenario where I would be happy and still a fan would be if they traded Watson to Seattle and got Wilson and 1-2 picks in return.

The only trade scenario where I would be happy and still a fan would be if they traded Watson to Seattle and got Wilson and 1-2 picks in return.
No thanks

I like it. We get a QB who can play & neither player will be making front office decisions.

I believe it's time for the Texans to shite or get off the pot. They either get Watson in the building for a sit down or start entertaining offers.

The Seahawks are going to be moving quickly to find a trade partner for Wilson....especially ahead of Watson possibly going on the market. I think the Dolphins wouldn't mind either Wilson or Watson. One caveat, they would have an out on Wilson's contract after this upcoming season.

Question how would you handle the cap hit of paying a big chunk of Watson's contract and then paying at least part of the mega contract Wilson has? Seattle is talking about trading Wilson solely to get out from under his contract and we are already in cap hell.

I believe it's time for the Texans to shite or get off the pot. They either get Watson in the building for a sit down or start entertaining offers.

The Seahawks are going to be moving quickly to find a trade partner for Wilson....especially ahead of Watson possibly going on the market. I think the Dolphins wouldn't mind either Wilson or Watson. One caveat, they would have an out on Wilson's contract after this upcoming season.

Why are people in such a hurry? I get the drama sucks but do you really want the team to be screwed long term just because people are tired of hearing about it? Let Seattle move quickly, they have to because they still think they can make a run, let Miami take Wilson if they want, Miami isn't offering that good a deal anyway unless a person just thinks Tua is the guy. Texans can sit on this all off season and all season and still win because Watson either suits up or starts returning checks. They can't force him to talk to them and they don't have to trade him. Let them stay on the pot, the seat is just now starting to get nice and warm.

For those saying why in the hell hasn't DW met with the Texans..

Always love these random tweetes citing 'per sources' and other unsubstantiated crap
Why would any legitimate source talk to Graziano?

Dan Graziano was named a National NFL Insider for ESPN in July 2016. He contributes to NFL Insiders, NFL Live, SportsCenter, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine.

Graziano joined ESPN in 2011 as an NFC East blogger covering the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins. Two years later, ESPN established its 32-member NFL Nation Network and tabbed Graziano as the Giants reporter. Also in 2013, he began to appear on NFL Insiders as a contributor.

link

Saw this in the comments from this tweet regarding the voice mails:

"Thank you for calling the Houston Texans....

If you're offering 2 1st Round Draft Choices and a starting QB Press 1

If you're offering 3 1st Round Draft Choices and a defensive starter Press 2

If you're offering 4 1st Round Draft Choices Press 3...and the laugh button

Texans are so stupid and unaware that they think they can still salvage this thing or at worst just "force" him to play for them. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All they are doing is driving his trade value down. Can't fix stupid.
The reasons he’s giving doesn’t make sense. Not for an, “I want out at all cost” kind of stance. Not when he just signed the contract.

Look at how cousins got out of Washington, or how Dak IMO is doing the same thing.

People talking about the Texans being crazy if they’re looking for four 1st round picks.

Whatever happens has to be a win-win for both sides. Anything less than 4 firsts, Texans are the only ones not winning.

Do you regularly speak to Carol, or are you making this up?

Just tell me the name of the publication you got this from & the date. I’ll post the link if I can find it.

PFT/ SB Nation said that 3 1st Rd picks might get Seattle to consider trading Wilson.

Where there's smoke there's usually fire.

Last edited:
Texans are so stupid and unaware that they think they can still salvage this thing or at worst just "force" him to play for them. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All they are doing is driving his trade value down. Can't fix stupid.

The draft is still 63 days away. They don't have to do **** right now. And frankly, I think the offers get more plentiful the closer to draft day we get.

The draft is still 63 days away. They don't have to do **** right now. And frankly, I think the offers get more plentiful the closer to draft day we get.
If the Texans trade him for a haul right around the NFL draft I will give them huge credit. However, given their past multiple foolish decisions I believe it much more likely they are bumbling and fumbling around causing self harm to their own future. My opinion is they will eventually trade him around training camp once he doesn’t show up, they miss out of improving the team in the 2021 draft, and get less in return due to lost leverage since less teams will need a QB after the draft. I guess we will see.

Agree. You wait until the last couple weeks b4 the draft and field as many offers as possible.
After seeing the tenor of one of his tweets it seems he is determined to leave so get the best offer you can.
Ungrateful sob just inked a monster deal and he wants to talk loyalty? Gtfooh.

PFT/ SB Nation said that 3 1st Rd picks might get Seattle to consider trading Wilson.

Where there's smoke there's usually fire.
We got people here wanting to trade Watson for 3 first round picks. That doesn’t mean any of them believe we can’t win because of his contract.

This might have something to do with Russell Wilson saying he wants a seat at the table.

they are bumbling and fumbling around causing self harm to their own future.
What’s the absolute minimum you would take for Watson?

My opinion is they will eventually trade him around training camp once he doesn’t show up,

That would definitely be bumbling & stumbling. If they get to the point where he doesn’t come to camp, their leverage starts escalating.

and get less in return due to lost leverage since less teams will need a QB after the draft. I guess we will see.

There’s always a shortage of QBs. Once it was rumored Watson wanted a trade, teams without a need for a QB all of a Sudden “needs” a QB.

Unless Sam Darnold & Teddy Bridgewater start leading the league in passing, DW4 will be just as valuable next season & more likely to be traded since the cap hit would be smaller.

texans could prob get wilson if they wanted .... but i dont think they wanna go that route

acctually texans could prob get most QB in the league right now using watson has the big chip in trade

how would

Borrow+Nixon

Ryan+Derrick Henry

Baker+Chubb

Last edited:
texans could prob get wilson if they wanted .... but i dont think they wanna go that route

acctually texans could prob get most QB in the league right now using watson has the big chip in trade

Wilson doesn’t want to come here. He listed ( supposedly) 4 teams. And Houston wasn’t on that short list.

Back