Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Should Bill O'Brien tell the truth to the press/media?

Should Bill O'Brien tell the truth to the press/media?

• Yes, transparency should be expected for followers of the Texans.

• No, he can lie all he wants, I just care about wins and losses.

• Yes/No, other reasons (post reply)

• Just show me the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
I know people seem to be getting pretty upset about ole' B'OB saying that Matt Khalil is the starting LT on this team. What if he's lying?

People seem to get really upset that he doesn't lay all his cards on the table. It seems like a good time to take a poll and see how people felt about this topic.

Me personally don't care if he tells us that Jon Weeks is our new QB and he's going to make Hopkins our new long snapper. Results matter, not press conferences, sound bites, and what pundits think.

IMO I care about the Texans winning a Super Bowl, not how much I know about the team week to week. I don't bet on games, and I don't usually take Texans on my fantasy teams, so it doesn't affect me. However, wins and losses and giving our opponents info so they can prepare to use it against us does.

If you say that B'OB should tell us the truth about everything, what is your rationale? I don't see a reason why this is important unless I'm a member of the media and my job is to generate viewers/clicks.

[Note: This post is in no way a vote of confidence for B'OB. I remain on the record that I don't think he can win unless he has superior talent to the team he's taking on.]

Honestly, they could stop doing interviews with him altogether for all I care. You get absolutely nothing from him anyway, so what's the point? Check out an A.J. Hinch interview. Huge difference. You actually get a little something useful out of Hinch as opposed to OB standing up there being a jackass to everybody for no reason.

Don't really care that OB doesn't give you the truth, which he doesn't have to and in most cases probably shouldn't, but he could at least do it in a way where he doesn't come off as an arrogant prick.

You actually get a little something useful out of Hinch as opposed to OB standing up there being a jackass to everybody for no reason. Don't really care that OB doesn't give you the truth, which he doesn't have to and in most cases probably shouldn't, but he could at least do it in a way where he doesn't come off as an arrogant prick.

THIS.

OB is copying Belichicken but Belichicken is small and kind of funny like small people can be, OB is big and stupid-looking. He should have facial replacement surgery.

I know people seem to be getting pretty upset about ole' B'OB saying that Matt Khalil is the starting LT on this team. What if he's lying?

If we're talking about Kalil, I don't see a reason to lie. We've got two weeks before the season starts & what I've seen tells me there's no way any competent talent evaluator would pay him $7.5M to be on a roster.

He's got two weeks to work Johnson & Davenport at LT.

If he's not lying. He shouldn't be HC, much less HC/GM.

If we're talking about Kalil, I don't see a reason to lie. We've got two weeks before the season starts & what I've seen tells me there's no way any competent talent evaluator would pay him $7.5M to be on a roster.

He's got two weeks to work Johnson & Davenport at LT.

If he's not lying. He shouldn't be HC, much less HC/GM.

The reason I would see to lie would be to downplay the need for an LT. Sure, I think no one in the their right mind would believe it but we are talking about the Redskins here.

People seem to get really upset that he doesn't lay all his cards on the table. It seems like a good time to take a poll and see how people felt about this topic.

Me personally don't care if he tells us that Jon Weeks is our new QB and he's going to make Hopkins our new long snapper. Results matter, not press conferences, sound bites, and what pundits think.

IMO I care about the Texans winning a Super Bowl, not how much I know about the team week to week. I don't bet on games, and I don't usually take Texans on my fantasy teams, so it doesn't affect me. However, wins and losses and giving our opponents info so they can prepare to use it against us does.

If you say that B'OB should tell us the truth about everything, what is your rationale? I don't see a reason why this is important unless I'm a member of the media and my job is to generate viewers/clicks.

[Note: This post is in no way a vote of confidence for B'OB. I remain on the record that I don't think he can win unless he has superior talent to the team he's taking on.]
This is waaaaaaaay overblown. Go see what BB doesn’t say. I believe he is not lying when he says Khalil is our starting LT. That is of today. Those on the Roderick bandwagon after a half of starting in a preseason game need to calm down. That guy hasn’t seen anything in TC or preseason like what a DC is going to throw at him in the regular season. Since we can pencil in Howard at LG in 2019, my pretty good guess is OB is concerned to have the left side manned by rookies with zero NFL starting experience. We don’t know what Roderick is capable of. He may be our starter someday. Hope so. Saves a draft choice. His starting dynamic would be different if he was starting LT next to an experienced LG. But Howard...and roderick need to learn next to a vet just as Sharping will be doing. The good news is we finally have some guys to work with.

Delete

The reason I would see to lie would be to downplay the need for an LT. Sure, I think no one in the their right mind would believe it but we are talking about the Redskins here.

5eac3713b474e2abcda250f525beb9d8.gif

Honestly, they could stop doing interviews with him altogether for all I care. You get absolutely nothing from him anyway, so what's the point? Check out an A.J. Hinch interview. Huge difference. You actually get a little something useful out of Hinch as opposed to OB standing up there being a jackass to everybody for no reason.

Don't really care that OB doesn't give you the truth, which he doesn't have to and in most cases probably shouldn't, but he could at least do it in a way where he doesn't come off as an arrogant prick.

Why do people get so upset with words and mannerisms.

I personally think the media should be treated as imbeciles when they ask stupid questions. If the media wants respect they need to be better at their jobs.

Not speaking to you, but I'm not to high on the snowflake generations.

Last edited:
This is waaaaaaaay overblown. Go see what BB doesn’t say. I believe he is not lying when he says Khalil is our starting LT. That is of today. Those on the Roderick bandwagon after a half of starting in a preseason game need to calm down. That guy hasn’t seen anything in TC or preseason like what a DC is going to throw at him in the regular season. Since we can pencil in Howard at LG in 2019, my pretty good guess is OB is concerned to have the left side manned by rookies with zero NFL starting experience. We don’t know what Roderick is capable of. He may be our starter someday. Hope so. Saves a draft choice. His starting dynamic would be different if he was starting LT next to an experienced LG. But Howard...and roderick need to learn next to a vet just as Sharping will be doing. The good news is we finally have some guys to work with.

Count me in as one of the people that is not ready to anoint Johnson as our new starting LT. I agree, I think as of the press conference after the game, MK is the starting LT and he wasn't lying. The reporter didn't ask him "Will MK be the LT week 1?"

Getting back to my original point (maybe I should have used a different example), I don't see any reason to give up any more information that we have to. That was my point. Good post.

I'm not ready to say Johnson is the starting LT...However, I'm not ready to say Kalil deserves to be the unquestionable starter without any competition.

Why do people get so upset with words and mannerisms.

I personally think the media should be treated as imbeciles when they ask stupid questions. If the media wants respect they need to be better at their jobs.

Not peaking to you, but I'm not to high on the snowflake generations.

Please. It ain’t got shit to do with snowflakes. You don’t think the media asks AJ stupid questions? He doesn’t treat them like the imbeciles they are. And he could. At least he’s got the accomplishments. OB acts like he’s mini-Beli and he hasn’t accomplished jack.

In the end, I don’t really care what any of them have to say, just win. But if they do have to speak because it’s required, well, like I said, AJ has a little class, OB not so much.

OB cut a third round rb before going out and trading for a rb.

I highly doubt he's lying in order to keep the asking price down for a guy that may or not be available, who he may or may not even want to trade for.

Guys, Kalil is the starter.

Now that could change with OB pretty quickly, but he's not lying.
We will see after half time week 1 who the real starting LT for the 2019 Houston Texans will be.

I’m ok with him lying if that’s what he is doing. Don’t tell me Kalil looks great after we see he sucks and roll with him as your starter week 1. That’s the issue I have. We think he’s lying but he’s not. Which is way worse of a problem IMO.

I'm concerned he's going to make the change week 1, first quarter. Then you've got someone thrown into a starting role after two weeks of back up reps.

BO'b is going to come to the conclusion in three weeks that everyone else came to yesterday. Not that Roderick Johnson is going to be an All-Pro, but that Matt Kalil is done.

I can understand a HC lying to protect his player's confidence, their feelings or to keep a competitive edge.

I don't like the lies that appears to question the intelligence of the fans or media, ask us not to believe our lying eyes while serving up the lies with arrogance and smugness.

We really needed a new thread just for more OB bashing? Not like there weren't 7-8 to already chose from.

7 or 8? I challenge to show me a thread from the last 2 years that doesn’t have BoB bashing in the Texans section of this forum. At this point I think some people would actually be sorry to see him go because then they would have nothing to post about.

Please. It ain’t got shit to do with snowflakes. You don’t think the media asks AJ stupid questions? He doesn’t treat them like the imbeciles they are. And he could. At least he’s got the accomplishments. OB acts like he’s mini-Beli and he hasn’t accomplished jack.

In the end, I don’t really care what any of them have to say, just win. But if they do have to speak because it’s required, well, like I said, AJ has a little class, OB not so much.

Feelings nothing more than feelings

If my HC wins, he can tell me the sky is green, the grass is blue and my momma is a virgin for all I care.

If he wins..

As of now, it's not my job to believe a damn thing that comes out that dudes mouth
What a lie that would be! Actually the sky is pink, grass is orange, and my dad was a virgin. I see no reason to say Kalil starts at LT if it isn't so.

Yes/No

I know people, especially on here, would like to hear the truth
so they can argue and speculate each variety of detail but!

With the competition on the helm of using dirty stunts to
gameplan and obtain information then i'm completely fine
with a few screwballs thrown to the media...

I don't really like to use the information given most of the time
I like to make my own observations from a point of view of
who im observing vs. Cals actions and possible thought process.

I know the ones on here who like to get their panties all in a twist
who take great joy in pessimism and LOVE to feel like they have
the CORRECT information to fuel their ambition for argumentative
conversations vs. being left in mystery to try and determine what
the endgame is versus the actions of everyone in the organizations
front office including the HC/GM or Owner or even down the position
coaches

Sorry if that last paragraph isn't too comprehensible, im having two
conversations right now but try and take your head out your butt
for two seconds and actually comprehend that MEDIA IS A TOOL
A tool of war... We should be using it that way

Lol at the people who think O'Brien is strategically lying.. like he even knows what the hell strategy is.

The dude is telling the damn truth. Hopefully he has what alcoholics call a moment of clarity and removes his head from his ass. Kalil should be a part of the first round of cuts. In any other competent ran organization he would be.. then again he wouldn't even be on their roster.

Bill O'Brien isn't lying.. all I can hope for is that Kalil continues to play so bad that O'Brien finally realizes that he's washed.

7 or 8? I challenge to show me a thread from the last 2 years that doesn’t have BoB bashing in the Texans section of this forum. At this point I think some people would actually be sorry to see him go because then they would have nothing to post about.

B.S.

The Texans dictate what we post about and the climate of this board. There's are reasons why there so many negative threads/posts and 99% of them come from Kirby. Bill O'Brien needs to stop talking about it in post game press conferences and actually "do a better job" or is it not his job.. can't keep up anymore.

Last edited:
B.S.

The Texans dictate what we post about and the climate of this board. There's are reasons why there's so many negative threads/posts and 99% of them come from Kirby. Bill O'Brien needs to stop talking about it in post game press conferences and actually "do a better job" or is it not his job.. can't keep up anymore.

Not BS, to many on here are a very much glass half empty and take their personal opinion and assumptions as fact and then argue from that point of view regardless of actual facts. Or they go out and find some talking head that thinks like they do and has a twitter account and post what they say as though its now a written in stone fact. The Texans DO NOT dictate anything on this board because no matter what they do someone, somewhere will think it was the sh!ttest possible move they could make. As an org we are in a better spot than many other teams but listening to these boards you'd think we were 0-16 every season. I'm not saying we should treat it like everything is sunshine and roses, its not, but when every single thread made about any subject draws the same talking points from the same people that's when it gets stupid and pointless.

Lol at the people who think O'Brien is strategically lying.. like he even knows what the hell strategy is.

The dude is telling the damn truth. Hopefully he has what alcoholics call a moment of clarity and removes his head from his ass. Kalil should be a part of the first round of cuts. In any other competent ran organization he would be.. then again he wouldn't even be on their roster.

Bill O'Brien isn't lying.. all I can hope for is that Kalil continues to play so bad that O'Brien finally realizes that he's washed.

He wasn't lying... today! Very likely to change tomorrow in typical OB fashion

Another comment on O'Brien about his relationship with the media and the fan base.
Re the LT position all O'Brien need say to improve his credibility and honesty with everybody is just something along the lines of looks like we might be having a real competition at the LT position.
Jesus what's so damn difficult about that ?

B.S.

The Texans dictate what we post about and the climate of this board. There's are reasons why there's so many negative threads/posts and 99% of them come from Kirby. Bill O'Brien needs to stop talking about it in post game press conferences and actually "do a better job" or is it not his job.. can't keep up anymore.

While I somewhat agree with you about the Texans dictating the narrative, there is a mob on here lead by our fearless leader that loves them some mediocre Kubiak and never really gave mediocre BOB a fair shot.

It's like he's trying to be Belicheat, but it's almost worse. He definitely comes off as a royal A-hole

Sure, cause there'd be nothing to post about with a new coach in town..

Back