Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Jack Burton

Veteran

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Make no mistake, the only reason there's a controversy is the Pervert is a dumbazz. Also the courts are behind due to Covid and work at a very slow pace to begin with. They aren't going to speed up their processes. Now that criminal charges have been filed the time to pay off the Perverts accusers has passed.
For clarity, criminal complaints have been filed by the victims. Criminal charges have not yet been pressed by the police or DA's office.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Make no mistake, the only reason there's a controversy is the Pervert is a dumbazz. Also the courts are behind due to Covid and work at a very slow pace to begin with. They aren't going to speed up their processes. Now that criminal charges have been filed the time to pay off the Perverts accusers has passed.
I'm pretty sure that if "the Pervert" as you like to call him, was not Deshawn Watson but instead one Jeff Driskel then this whole situation would have been resolved months ago even if the lawyers and circumstances including the big back up in the judicial system because of Covid were the same as they are now.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
I'm pretty sure that if "the Pervert" as you like to call him, was not Deshawn Watson but instead one Jeff Driskel then this whole situation would have been resolved months ago even if the lawyers and circumstances including the big back up in the judicial system because of Covid were the same as they are now.
No it wouldn’t have because there is no precedent for this

Number19

Hall of Fame
And I don’t see them dropping those cases
The police or DA may not drop the cases, but I think I'm correct in saying, the various plantiffs/victims can drop the charges/complaints if they reach a settlement with Watson.

Let's, just for fun, say, $100,000 for each of the civil cases and $1,000,000 for each of the criminal cases.

banned1976

sleeper mode
The police or DA may not drop the cases, but I think I'm correct in saying, the various plantiffs/victims can drop the charges/complaints if they reach a settlement with Watson.

Let's, just for fun, say, $100,000 for each of the civil cases and $1,000,000 for each of the criminal cases.
22 civil cases at $100,000 = $2,200,000. There is at least one criminal complaint.

That's a lot of cheddar and I'm not so sure he has that much. I've seen his net worth listed anywhere between 4 and 24 million. I think it's closer to the $4 million. According to some information regarding purchases for himself and gifts for other people (including a brand new BMW earlier this year for his agent) he's been living a life of luxury. “Yeah we all eat in my circle!” Watson says. “Da Paid in Full Way!”

He's lost some if not all of his endorsements.

If he survives this both financially and legally, honestly, IMHO his best recourse is to make amends with the Texans, hire some really good PR people, and hire the best financial advisor he can afford. Not to mention, mental health professionals. Among probably other things (I'm not a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist nor have I interviewed him[obviously] or anyone in his circle, so this is pure speculation based upon what I've read), it appears he has impulse control issues.

djohn2oo8

All Pro

We are past settlements. He had the chance to do so early. Any settlement will be a judgement issued by the civil courts.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
What makes you think this?

DeJohn is familiar with the Harris County court system and he doesn't think this.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.

DeJohn is familiar with the Harris County court system and he doesn't think this.

Others familiar with the court system aren't on board with his every suggestion. He's no more credible than any other poster.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Others familiar with the court system aren't on board with his every suggestion. He's no more credible than any other poster.
It's playing out like he thinks it's going to play out so far.

Who are the posters who work in the court system and what are their opinions? I'm curious to why they would think things would turn out any differently than they have? It's been my experience that the courts always move slowly and with the Covid they're, moving even slower than normal.

I've got suits filed against people who've owed me money for over a year and they're still sitting in the court system. Who knows when they will be resolved.

powda

It's playing out like he thinks it's going to play out so far.

Who are the posters who work in the court system and what are their opinions? I'm curious to why they would think things would turn out any differently than they have? It's been my experience that the courts always move slowly and with the Covid they're, moving even slower than normal.

I've got suits filed against people who've owed me money for over a year and they're still sitting in the court system. Who knows when they will be resolved.
Calling the court system slow is hardly a nostradamus move. Maybe you'd like to summarize it or he can chime in himself? We'll discuss it point by point to determine what's fact, reasonable, and purely speculation.

Fun fact: most of this thread is speculation.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
If they outright cut him with no compensation I am done with this team.
I hear you man, and it would be a monumental blunder at multiple levels, even for the McNair clan.
I keep telling myself that Nick Cassario, a man that the highly successful Kraft family thought enough of to keep on their payroll for 20 years, is too capable of an NFL exec to permit such a misguided decision to happen but there's always the risk that the McNairs would ignore his advice.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Calling the court system slow is hardly a nostradamus move. Maybe you'd like to summarize it or he can chime in himself? We'll discuss it point by point to determine what's fact, reasonable, and purely speculation.

Fun fact: most of this thread is speculation.
I'm just telling you from my personal experiences the court system is moving slower than it ever has currently. Covid seems to be their fallback position.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Because Driskell is an unknown with no significant financial assets that I'm aware of, ergo a low-yield and unappealing target for Buzzbutt and his harem.
Buzbee wouldn't have a harem if the Pervert wasn't a Pervert. The Pervert has nobody to blame but himself for the position he's currently in. To try to put blame on Buzbee for representing these women is laughable.

BTW, if you've read through these cases, there's no doubt he's a Pervert. It's what he is, not because I call him that. Would you like1 finger or 2 my good sir and another classic, you can sit on it.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I hear you man, and it would be a monumental blunder at multiple levels, even for the McNair clan.
I keep telling myself that Nick Cassario, a man that the highly successful Kraft family thought enough of to keep on their payroll for 20 years, is too capable of an NFL exec to permit such a misguided decision to happen but there's always the risk that the McNairs would ignore his advice.
Hopefully he will be doing time and this will be a moot point. (If found guilty)

I'm for straight up cutting him. It will hurt, but it's past time to take out the trash.

powda

I'm taking the stance of trash is trash regardless if whether he's convicted or not and it's time to take out the trash.

So prior to conviction you've made up your mind. Hello Lynch mob.

You of all people here have gotta be loving this. You used to critique his performance on the field. Now you get to do it off the field though one doesn't translate to the other.

Congratulations. I'm sure it's self serving but none of it makes you right.

Wait for the justice system to play out.

Number19

Hall of Fame
22 civil cases at $100,000 = $2,200,000. There is at least one criminal complaint.

That's a lot of cheddar and I'm not so sure he has that much. I've seen his net worth listed anywhere between 4 and 24 million. I think it's closer to the $4 million. According to some information regarding purchases for himself and gifts for other people (including a brand new BMW earlier this year for his agent) he's been living a life of luxury. “Yeah we all eat in my circle!” Watson says. “Da Paid in Full Way!”

He's lost some if not all of his endorsements.

If he survives this both financially and legally, honestly, IMHO his best recourse is to make amends with the Texans, hire some really good PR people, and hire the best financial advisor he can afford. Not to mention, mental health professionals. Among probably other things (I'm not a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist nor have I interviewed him[obviously] or anyone in his circle, so this is pure speculation based upon what I've read), it appears he has impulse control issues.
If Watson goes on the exempt list as most speculate, he'll be paid $10,540,000. Of course if he's suspended, say up to 8 games, he could lose, what, half of his salary?

I think it just might be worth it, to make everything go away, and get back on the field with a new team, the last half of the season.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So prior to conviction you've made up your mind. Hello Lynch mob.

You of all people here have gotta be loving this. You used to critique his performance on the field. Now you get to do it off the field though one doesn't translate to the other.

Congratulations. I'm sure it's self serving but none of it makes you right.

Wait for the justice system to play out.
What I'm saying is whether he's convicted or not, after reading through the cases I've come to the conclusion he's trash and it's past time to take out the trash.

powda

What I'm saying is whether he's convicted or not, after reading through the cases I've come to the conclusion he's trash and it's past time to take out the trash.
In other words, you don't believe in due process.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
My problem with this statement is the same as as my problem with "not looking at the schedule" and "taking it one game at a time."

It's about context. Football players shouldn't look at the schedule; they should take it one game at a time. But that doesn't apply to the fans or owners or anyone who isn't involved in the day-to-day prep for a game. Similarly, if a person is a policeman or on a jury, they have to believe and follow due process. They have to treat people as innocent until they're proven guilty in a court of law. But if a person isn't on a jury and isn't involved with the legal system, then they are free to make up their mind whenever they want on little or no evidence. They can make up their mind because that's what their friends think, or because someone they trust tells them what to think, or because they read something in a horoscope or something. Now... they can't make up their minds and then take the law into their own hands and go all vigilante. But they're not bound by due process. Most of the people here are not bound by due process.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I believe in due process

If he wins he shouldn't be incarcerated or pay the women money.

This still doesn't mean he's not trash. Gotta take the trash out. It might hurt but it needs to be done.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My problem with this statement is the same as as my problem with "not looking at the schedule" and "taking it one game at a time."

It's about context. Football players shouldn't look at the schedule; they should take it one game at a time. But that doesn't apply to the fans or owners or anyone who isn't involved in the day-to-day prep for a game. Similarly, if a person is a policeman or on a jury, they have to believe and follow due process. They have to treat people as innocent until they're proven guilty in a court of law. But if a person isn't on a jury and isn't involved with the legal system, then they are free to make up their mind whenever they want on little or no evidence. They can make up their mind because that's what their friends think, or because someone they trust tells them what to think, or because they read something in a horoscope or something. Now... they can't make up their minds and then take the law into their own hands and go all vigilante. But they're not bound by due process. Most of the people here are not bound by due process.
Agreed, or posters read through the complaints and noticed a pattern in the Perverts actions.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

If we had a half dozen DWs in the NFL who did everything he did with his masseuses and if they were all of modest income and wealth
and minimal name recognation then all of those legal matters would be resolved well before now.
It's not what Watson did or didn't do with the masseuses, it's about his money. End of story.

Texansballer74

The Marine
If we had a half dozen DWs in the NFL who did everything he did with his masseuses and if they were all of modest income and wealth
and minimal name recognation then all of those legal matters would be resolved well before now.
It's not what Watson did or didn't do with the masseuses, it's about his money. End of story.
It’s about how he’s handling his business to me. Him and his agent tried to make it seem as if the McNairs messed over him. They reached out to him and he completely ignored them. Very immature and unprofessional especially after you just signed that type of mega contract.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
When you think of the criticism you took for calling Watson stupid. Do you get warm and fuzzies being able to openly call Watson trash and pervert without anyone disagreeing or criticizing or just ignoring you? When repeatedly calling him pervert, freak and trash, do you keep a Watson towel nearby or is it you just trolling and trying to see who will defend him? Bored minds want to know.

Texansballer74

The Marine
When you think of the criticism you took for calling Watson stupid. Do you get warm and fuzzies being able to openly call Watson trash and pervert without anyone disagreeing or criticizing or just ignoring you? When repeatedly calling him pervert, freak and trash, do you keep a Watson towel nearby or is it you just trolling and trying to see who will defend him? Bored minds want to know.
The young man is just super freaky.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Obviously, to say that only about Buzbee, is not to understand Hardin's history.
They may not care. We still have Watson fans praying for him to be cleared and stay.

We are in a no win situation. Could a team make a good offer for him... maybe. Most likely an offer will be 1/2 or 1/3rd what it would be IF no charges had happened. I was listening to a podcast on the way to work and they said they could see us getting good players (likely 2) and a 1st at best. They even feel the Eagles aren't going to make a great offer if the decision to try to get him is made. Due to how the civil charges are, it's unlikely he will get off. He has to prove beyond any doubt that 20+ women are lying. That's not good odds. Then you have the criminal charges on top of that. I am in the group who feel he very well might be suspended for a year, pay back any money made since the first charges, pay a hefty fine to the NFL, see a counselor and have his behavior monitored for say a year after the suspension. That's for the civil charges only. Meaning IF he walks on the criminal charges. He honestly could end up banned from the NFL for a few years. Goodell has goofed up on situations like this involving 1 person. He will want to get this one right and it's 20+ and maybe more.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
This could have been closed and Watson playing for another team. And the Texans would have had a few great picks. But, Mr "My Ego, I did Nothing" Watson is not smart enough to pay the first woman what they asked for. It would have been a blip on the radar at best and then gone. As soon as he refused, keep in mind HIS OWN people told him to pay, I'm sure Buzbee sought out anyone who had contact with Watson. In other words he was warned about it and offered a way out and decided to smear his own name and future.