Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You can feel that the hammer is going to come down hard soon.

Dont mess with the NFL power structure should be the lesson to be learned here. Or if you do you better have a squeaky clean past.
That's an interesting thing, because I'd figure someone with a squeaky clean past would act more honorable about an $111 million guaranteed contract they just signed four months before acting like an entitled, petulant entertainer.

Even assuming his innocence with the many sexual assaults does not change his fundamental M.O. as a person in his professional and personal lives. Slimy AF comes to my mind.

So very disappointing on so many levels. Just ready for it to be over with and move on.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
That's an interesting thing, because I'd figure someone with a squeaky clean past would act more honorable about an $111 million guaranteed contract they just signed four months before acting like an entitled, petulant entertainer.

Even assuming his innocence with the many sexual assaults does not change his fundamental M.O. as a person in his professional and personal lives. Slimy AF comes to my mind.

So very disappointing on so many levels. Just ready for it to be over with and move on.
Yep. He was content to sit up there and let everyone blame Easterby up until an actual crowd planned a March to the stadium

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
I’m hopeful that this turns out to be a blessing in disguise. This years draft is the huge gamble given the situation created by the pandemic. I hope DW situation gets resolved and we are able to get a good return for him and our picks come in a draft where normalcy has returned.

Dejaview

All Pro
somethings comin alright.
I had no idea PHIL has 3 1sts next year. Jeez....
Something tells me there is no way the NFL or social media would stand by as yet another rich athlete pays his way out of potentially serious charges. There is going to be a statement made out of this, IMO. This is bigger than the NFL in today’s social environment and the signal a settlement sends out wouldn’t fly. If he’s innocent it needs to be proven without a settlement before, I believe, the NFL would buy into it.

texanhead08

All Pro
I can't believe they let Andrew Luck keep all his signing bonus when he retired...Colts could have had like 2/3 of it back if they wanted.

I think they let him keep it because they thought he might change his mind in a year or so and come back. He hasn't so far and it looks like he is content to stay retired.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
somethings comin alright.
I had no idea PHIL has 3 1sts next year. Jeez....
Speaking of potential landing spots for DW4 as Eisen does here, I'm still scratching my head over the 49ers decision to use three first round picks to acquire the third overall in the 2021 Draft and use it on a QB who played one game last year at a glorified high school in South Dakota ?
I dunno did Bill O'Brien advice Shanahan & lynch on that deal ? If they were so perplexed and confused about what do out there in San Fran why not just wait out the storm with DW4 to see if he becomes available which could be in the next couple months ?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Speaking of potential landing spots for DW4 as Eisen does here, I'm still scratching my head over the 49ers decision to use three first round picks to acquire the third overall in the 2021 Draft and use it on a QB who played one game last year at a glorified high school in South Dakota ?
I dunno did Bill O'Brien advice Shanahan & lynch on that deal ? If they were so perplexed and confused about what do out there in San Fran why not just wait out the storm with DW4 to see if he becomes available which could be in the next couple months ?
They don't want a pervert being the face of their franchise.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I feel like maybe im out of the loop but I haven't really heard much new on this recently. Guessing settlements are actually being discussed now?
I haven’t heard any updates on this as well. You’re more and likely right. Wished they would’ve settled this months ago.

Oh thing I heard was Watson is still not answering any calls from the Texans and he’s out of here.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I haven’t heard any updates on this as well. You’re more and likely right. Wished they would’ve settled this months ago.

Oh thing I heard was Watson is still not answering any calls from the Texans and he’s out of here.
I suspect this is still months away from a conclusion so who knows how it turns out but I now feel 2 first round picks and a conditional second round pick are reasonable.

I think an 8 game suspension (minimum) is inevitable...

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I suspect this is still months away from a conclusion so who knows how it turns out but I now feel 2 first round picks and a conditional second round pick are reasonable.

I think an 8 game suspension (minimum) is inevitable...
The sooner the better so we can start arguing about how to spend our bounty. Which is infinitely better than our current discussions about Watson.

Dejaview

All Pro
All I remember is during the draft Goodell was asked about the DW situation. Guy just looked angry, not at the question but at the situation. His reply was curt and short and said it wouldn’t be tolerated. Almost gave me the impression he already knows how he’s going to respond. If ever the NFL, who are trying to recruit women fans and families is going to make a statement this is a signature case. This is just MO, don’t know anything else about Famous Anus’ status.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Okay keep in mind that the information I shared from sources when they allowed me to about Deshaun's mama calling Janice McNair apparently has turned out to be correct. Having said that here is a thought I have about your question.

Dolphins had 1.3 and info was flying they were not 100 % behind Tua tag. I think 49ers understood that Miami were going hard after Watson and that opened up 1.3 for San Francisco.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
To continue as I was interrupted by a neighbor: I think that San Fran was interested in Aaron Rodgers. There was one article that discussed Rogers wanting to go to the West Coast preferably California and retire to take over at some point as the game show host. San Fran traded the first rounders to be in the running if Rodgers was serious about leaving Green Bay. Both 49ers and dolphins interested in veteran QBs over what was available in the draft. When Rogers slow down his demands the 49ers drafted the quarterback.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It's yet to be revealed where DW4 lands on the spectrum of morality in this whole sordid mess: dunno but suppose somewhere between a pervert and a patsy. Just puzzled why Shanny & Lynch were in such a hurry to blow three first round Draft picks on such a long-shot ?
If he isn't put in jail he's a pervert.

If he is put in jail he's a sexual predator.