Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

I can't believe they let Andrew Luck keep all his signing bonus when he retired...Colts could have had like 2/3 of it back if they wanted.

He was injured playing for the Colts. Which is the biggest thing he retired from. Even after a good comeback. So, the Colts likely thought asking for money back would be bad taste.

You and me both, man.

I've already mentally moved on from Watson. The sooner this franchise can put this whole sordid mess behind them the better.

I just wish karma was real. . . :evilb:

I want to play a game of Madden (keep in mind I am 46) just to trade him away and then draft some good players. Maybe even get to sack him a few times if we happen to play him. Some INTs too.

Sad but it has come to this level of wanting him gone

You know what was a real money grab? $111 million guaranteed contract and a trade demand 4 months later.

Watson apparently has no scruples in his professional and personal lives (ALLEGEDLY...OF COURSE)
As it stands, Watson individually walks off with $110 million............let's see...............I don't believe, under any circumstances, does any one individual complainant walk off with anywhere close to $!!0 million.

“I don’t think you’re going to see Deshaun Watson in an NFL building for a long time, certainly not until there’s more clarity about (it). This is a legal situation,” CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora noted recently ( h/t 247 Sports ). “This is a league situation. This is a civil situation. I don’t think Deshaun Watson has any short-term future playing football. Long-term, I think, will depend on these various findings and how some of the cases are adjudicated

Bingo bingo.

Hey he tried to pull off the biggest scam in professional sports history.

What's interesting to me is how differently the national media has treated the Rodgers/Packers situation compared to the rather one-sided roasting they were doing just months ago with Watson and the Texans.

And the huge difference in situations is the Texans had already done the 'right thing' and paid the man with a massive guarantee, which is something the Packers have refused to do with with the 2020 league MVP.

Most of the time, the ONLY justice a sexual assault victim is left.

Yep. QFT

“I don’t think you’re going to see Deshaun Watson in an NFL building for a long time, certainly not until there’s more clarity about (it). This is a legal situation,” CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora noted recently ( h/t 247 Sports ). “This is a league situation. This is a civil situation. I don’t think Deshaun Watson has any short-term future playing football. Long-term, I think, will depend on these various findings and how some of the cases are adjudicated

Such a waste of talent. It's a damn shame.

He'll eventually land on his feet, though. There's too much talent there and some team(s) will eventually roll the dice. I just hope the Texans can come out with some draft capital to make this whole thing have some kind of silver lining for the franchise.

But the reality is is that it’s truly a no win situation for dude directly b/c of the sheer volume of suits and allegations. Whether he settled at the very beginning like everyone said he should’ve or he continues to fight, the damage is done. So short of complete exoneration, he’s still gonna be looked at with the side eye for a lot of people.
Agree, except I think his team should have recognized it for the no win situation it was, given the sheer number of strangers he reached out to for this service... he should have paid off the first accuser & changed his habits.

He wouldn’t be in this much worse no win situation

Because you're a guy.

You go to the police if you think the police are going to help. You don't go to the police if you don't think they're going to help. The concept of "innocent until proven guilty" works against the accuser in a he-said, she said situation. Women know that they're rarely going to get justice from the police in these sorts of situations.

....except they’re willing to make that play now.......after their settlement demands fell on deaf ears. Look folks, I’m not a Watson sympathizer but I’m not going to stand there and throw the switch based on a “she said-he said” case with no real physical evidence. If Buzbee takes this to court and successfully presents physical evidence.....then Watson is guilty......if he can’t, then this situation essentially became a money-grab.

What's interesting to me is how differently the national media has treated the Rodgers/Packers situation compared to the rather one-sided roasting they were doing just months ago with Watson and the Texans.

And the huge difference in situations is the Texans had already done the 'right thing' and paid the man with a massive guarantee, which is something the Packers have refused to do with with the 2020 league MVP.

Yep. QFT

Such a waste of talent. It's a damn shame.

He'll eventually land on his feet, though. There's too much talent there and some team(s) will eventually roll the dice. I just hope the Texans can come out with some draft capital to make this whole thing have some kind of silver lining for the franchise.

What I’ve learnt over the many years of playing sports and watching these games is : Houston is one of the most hated cites in the United States. Why I really don’t have a clue lol. I’ve always asked this question, “ what did Houston do to the sports world?” I mentioned this on here before, the Rockets barely getting the media love after winning back to back championships. Them jokers talking point was more about Jordan. If he wouldn’t have retired the Rockets would not have won either of those championships.

The Astros and their cheating but the darn Yankees we’re doing the same thing.

There’s something about Houston lol. Green Bay has been hyped and loved by the football world for centuries.

Buzbee couldn't have forced a client to go criminal. That would have been his client's move. With Harden publicly calling out the complainants as "Liars," and then by fueling the fire later doubling down on that public accusation, it did not take Buzbee to push his clients to HPD's doorstep. Harden, as respected an attorney that he is, made a terrible rookie move..............in a situation like what Watson is in, you don't poke the bear...................

View attachment 8722

BS..Hardin is only defending his client in the way his client wanted. Besides, nothing has really changed in terms of the outlook DW4 faces.

I can't believe they let Andrew Luck keep all his signing bonus when he retired...Colts could have had like 2/3 of it back if they wanted.
He was injured playing for the Colts. Which is the biggest thing he retired from. Even after a good comeback. So, the Colts likely thought asking for money back would be bad taste.
Yes, Watson's situation is entirely different.

Only $25 million dollars was involved...........after his service for the Colts, it would have indeed been bad taste to asking for the return. But beyond that, the Colts were definitely still hoping that Luck would unretire somewhere down the line.............and they would have wanted him back should he feel that after an additional year or so of rest and rehab, he would have gotten his shoulder back to play shape (knowing the details of his shoulder injuries, realistically that was hardly likely to happen). No doubt, had Luck not suffered these injuries, he would have wanted to keep playing for no other team. But the gesture would mean that Luck knew that his old team still valued him..............and if he was able to return, they would welcome him with open arms.

BS..Hardin is only defending his client in the way his client wanted. Besides, nothing has really changed in terms of the outlook DW4 faces.
A great attorney is not forced to make stupid inflammatory statements to the public by his client that would hurt his case.............. before that ever happens, it's usually "Goodbye and good luck!

....except they’re willing to make that play now.......after their settlement demands fell on deaf ears. Look folks, I’m not a Watson sympathizer but I’m not going to stand there and throw the switch based on a “she said-he said” case with no real physical evidence. If Buzbee takes this to court and successfully presents physical evidence.....then Watson is guilty......if he can’t, then this situation essentially became a money-grab.

it’s simple really. I just will never understand the rationale of going civil before trying your hand criminally 1st. You feeling like you’re not going to get justice is a silly reason not to report something if you feel like you’ve been the victim of a crime... especially a nonviolent 1 like what they allege.

There are lots of people...people who don’t trust cops...lots who hate cops b/c they don’t feel like they’ll get justice too. But when things go down they more often than not call the cops to at least attempt to get some measure of criminal justice first. Pretty much all of these major scandals with athletes play out that same way too. So it’s more than odd to me that they didn’t even attempt it 1st.

it’s just backwards and it makes me question motives.

Last edited:
A great attorney is not forced to make stupid inflammatory statements to the public by his client that would hurt his case.............. before that ever happens, it's usually "Goodbye and good luck!

he was only defending against the “stupid inflammatory statements” Buzzbee had made in his gazillion press conferences about DW4 prior. It was his way of saying “look bro, enough is enough of you taking unnecessary shots at my client in public”..Buzzbee wants it out there in public b/c it bolsters his case with folks like you...Hardin does not, so he gave Buzzbee’s clients a shot of their own medicine...& it’s why all the public shot taking has calmed down...Buzzbee’s clients are now in the same crosshairs of the public.

The stupid move was Buzzbee playing this out in public in the 1st place..

This is just plain sad, but it's a sad truth nonetheless:

Only 230 out of every 1,000 sexual assaults are reported to police. That means about 3 out of 4 go unreported.

The primary data source we use is the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS), which is an annual study conducted by the Justice Department.

Article after article, study after study, it all confirms the same thing.

Less than 1% of rapes lead to felony convictions. At least 89% of victims face emotional and physical consequences.

And a bunch of men on the internet have the balls to question victims. SMDH

The weird thing is not one of these girls went straight to the police to report a crime. I know the police are looking now but why didn’t any of them go to the police when it happened?

I’m not saying Deshaun isn’t into a little Kraft and tug with maybe a little Watson wiggle worm thrown in.

I think that's an easy question to answer , particularly when you realize how few sexual assault cases are actually reported .... and then understand that the offender in these cases is a guy with a squeaky clean reputation & is idolized by a whole lotta people.

These women didn't call the police and say "Deshaun Watson made me suck his wee wee" because the police probably don't take it seriously. Their first thought is that this is some kinda joke or a money grab , not that Watson may have actually broken the law. He couldn't have!

I think that's an easy question to answer , particularly when you realize how few sexual assault cases are actually reported .... and then understand that the offender in these cases is a guy with a squeaky clean reputation & is idolized by a whole lotta people.

These women didn't call the police and say "Deshaun Watson made me suck his wee wee" because the police probably don't take it seriously. Their first thought is that this is some kinda joke or a money grab , not that Watson may have actually broken the law. He couldn't have!

.....and in all seriousness, I doubt many of the women involved in sexual assault(s) return to the scene of the crime looking for a chance at another assault. Again, it's just the other side of coin. I don't like the idea of this happening to any female!!! Any individual who is eventually taken to court and proven guilty should suffer the severest of consequences but until that day arrives (now that 7 are willing to press criminal charges) Watson is innocent until proven guilty. Lynch-Mobs on this site are just going to have to wait and see.

I don't know about that ....

To play again in the NFL he absolutely has to be acquitted on ALL criminal charges.

I think a single conviction and he's played his last snap - with that conviction would likely come a lengthy prison sentence & I would expect Goodell would permanently ban him from the league if that sentence wasn't sufficiently long to outlast his playing days.

I don't know about that ....

To play again in the NFL he absolutely has to be acquitted on ALL criminal charges.

I think a single conviction and he's played his last snap - with that conviction would likely come a lengthy prison sentence & I would expect Goodell would permanently ban him from the league if that sentence wasn't sufficiently long to outlast his playing days.

Disagree. Even convicted he will get a second chance.

There are a lot of politics involved. The main accuser said it herself - she is angry that a Black man did this:

“I am furious that the talented and hard-working young Black man that gave so many children inspiration is nothing more than a predator with power.” (I didn’t capitalize black. The article did.)

I think even if he is found criminally guilty he will serve a light sentence compared to the average Joe, and be given a second chance to play in the NFL.

Disagree. Even convicted he will get a second chance.

There are a lot of politics involved. The main accuser said it herself - she is angry that a Black man did this:

“I am furious that the talented and hard-working young Black man that gave so many children inspiration is nothing more than a predator with power.” (I didn’t capitalize black. The article did.)

I think even if he is found criminally guilty he will serve a light sentence compared to the average Joe, and be given a second chance to play in the NFL.

I have mentioned a similar perspective in my post(s).

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system

Less than 1% of rapes lead to felony convictions. At least 89% of victims face emotional and physical consequences.

it ain’t about being a man, ”victims” aren’t beyond questioning and all accusations aren’t truthful just because a woman....or any person for that matter screams rape/sexual assault...ask Brian Banks who had a bright future that was ruined b/c a girl accused him of rape. Why? Basically Because she didn’t wanna come clean to her parents that she was out there like that messing around with a dude on the stairwell of their school. And the same crap and beliefs that are being proliferated in here about the “entitled” football player “ of course he took advantage” went on in his case back then too and sent that dude to prison for 5 years.

look up the studies on how many women falsely accuse men of rape and sexual assault...it’s small too.....but compared to other crimes, it’s much more prevalent. It happens way more than those studies you quoted like to admit.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/she-...g-men-of-rape-she-was-just-allowed-to-go-home

Again this year to say that I’m in the bag for DW4, my whole thing is, I’m not gonna be taking the side of “victims” just b/c 1 of them jumps on TV and cries.

Once, twice, ten times, I’m with you.........but 22?

Just weird.

he was only defending against the “stupid inflammatory statements” Buzzbee had made in his gazillion press conferences about DW4 prior. It was his way of saying “look bro, enough is enough of you taking unnecessary shots at my client in public”..Buzzbee wants it out there in public b/c it bolsters his case with folks like you...Hardin does not, so he gave Buzzbee’s clients a shot of their own medicine...& it’s why all the public shot taking has calmed down...Buzzbee’s clients are now in the same crosshairs of the public.

The stupid move was Buzzbee playing this out in public in the 1st place..
You mean gullible people like me. At the very first sign of Buzbee putting any information out publicly (the filings were empirically publicly accessible), Hardin had plenty of time to petition the court for a gag order prior to subsequently held news conferences. Neither he nor the judge saw fit to do so. Again, Hardin ultimately did not protect his client, he put Watson smack dab square again in the crosshairs of "people like me."

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system

So in your opinion, this explains why a woman would approach her assailant and demand money before going to the police?

:thinking:

There's a gap in the logic there.

I get that, but with the extremely high number of women and not one filed a police report?

Just strange to me.

We don’t actually know that they didn’t, a common belief is that police have to or do investigate every report. They don’t, and think about it, you are a HPD and a random woman walks in and says she was sexually assaulted by DeShaun Watson but doesn’t have video evidence of it and just a few texts on her phone from a profile named Watson. Are you going to put much effort in that?

I read how a prosecutor may be able to prove sexual assault without physical evidence it’s a good read

Allegations of Sexual Assault Against a Person in Authority under Texas Law
Under Texas law, the prosecutor may be able to establish a “lack of consent” even when:

no violence or threat of violence is used, and
the alleged victim is aware that the act is occurring; and
the alleged victim is able to appraise the nature of the act.
In those cases, the prosecutor can allege a lack of consent because of the professional relationship of the parties that allows the defendant to use an occupation license to exploit a client or former client.

Civil burden of proof

Texas sex crime victims may sometimes bring civil suits for damages. In those instances, the burden of proof is much lower. Instead of proving your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, the plaintiff must show by a majority of the evidence that your actions caused damage.

In particular, they must prove that you were negligent. There are 4 elements of negligence:

Duty of care
Breach of duty
Causation (a direct correlation between the breach of duty and the actual harm)
Damages
In civil cases, the Texas burden of proof is much lower because the stakes are also lower. You may face serious monetary fines and penalties, but do not risk the loss of your freedom. However, it’s important to note that you can be sued for civil damages even if you have been found guilty in criminal court.

If you are facing sex crime allegations, you need a solid defense attorney regardless of whether they are civil or criminal in nature.

it ain’t about being a man, ”victims” aren’t beyond questioning and all accusations aren’t truthful just because a woman....or any person for that matter screams rape/sexual assault...ask Brian Banks who had a bright future that was ruined b/c a girl accused him of rape. Why? Basically Because she didn’t wanna come clean to her parents that she was out there like that messing around with a dude on the stairwell of their school. And the same crap and beliefs that are being proliferated in here about the “entitled” football player “ of course he took advantage” went on in his case back then too and sent that dude to prison for 5 years.

look up the studies on how many women falsely accuse men of rape and sexual assault...it’s small too.....but compared to other crimes, it’s much more prevalent. It happens way more than those studies you quoted like to admit.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/she-...g-men-of-rape-she-was-just-allowed-to-go-home

Again this year to say that I’m in the bag for DW4, my whole thing is, I’m not gonna be taking the side of “victims” just b/c 1 of them jumps on TV and cries.

Or apparently when 22 accuse him.

22 is an unbelievable number in itself.

Or apparently when 22 accuse him.

22 is an unbelievable number in itself.

21 of which weren’t even on the radar until Buzzbee:

iu

and now every person the dude had a sexual encounter with over the last year is coming forward with allegations...civilly, not criminally at that. At an absolute MINIMUM motive can and should be questioned.

Mr Tex, Watson put himself in this position. NO athlete goes looking for this many women for this while claiming it’s because he needs just a massage.

that’s understandable and you are right...he put himself in this position. But that doesn’t equivocate to him assaulting them, anymore than it does to the women who WEREN’T actual masseuses.....but elected to act as 1 in order to make a little money so as to get close to a multimillionaire NFL player.

So, he’s got a rather sleazy & peculiar way of getting in into sexual encounters? Most red-blooded single men don’t go to clubs, bars just to listen to the music, dance or have a few beers with their bros either. Wanna convict all them for the method in which they go about trying to set up sexual encounters too?

Again, if Buzzbee can prove DW4 did this with actual evidence, I’m all for him getting what he deserves. But so far all he’s done is take a few text messages and try to interpret them to mean something that may or not be a correct interpretation of the actual situation all the while pointing to a predilection that DW4 apparently has. That alone does not rise to the level of him assaulting each of them...especially when 98% of these accusations came forth only after Buzzbee waved a blank check on national TV to everyone and said come one come all who had a sexual encounter with DW4 during a massage session and can prove it, you might be able to get paid!

Last edited:
At least through Instagram. Not only that, to have them come to his house. They could have easily met him at the facility if this was just about massages.

you obviously have no clue how this goes. Multiple current and former NFL players have gone on record and stated they have masseuses come to their homes. I remember 1 NFL player stating that his wife used to sit in on the sessions when the masseuse would come to their house to guard against any funny business. It is now a very common practice for these therapists to come to the home of their client.

Civil burden of proof

Texas sex crime victims may sometimes bring civil suits for damages. In those instances, the burden of proof is much lower. Instead of proving your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, the plaintiff must show by a majority of the evidence that your actions caused damage.

In particular, they must prove that you were negligent. There are 4 elements of negligence:

Duty of care
Breach of duty
Causation (a direct correlation between the breach of duty and the actual harm)
Damages
In civil cases, the Texas burden of proof is much lower because the stakes are also lower. You may face serious monetary fines and penalties, but do not risk the loss of your freedom. However, it’s important to note that you can be sued for civil damages even if you have been found guilty in criminal court.

If you are facing sex crime allegations, you need a solid defense attorney regardless of whether they are civil or criminal in nature.

You have nothing to really hang your hat on besides a lower burden of proof in civil lawsuits and the number of lawsuits and a few of the complainants filing criminal complaints AFTER their civil suits as if to say “oh, yeah, he should pay criminally too after I get paid”.

With that recipe all it would take them to get a conviction in these types of cases is a bunch of scorned females getting together and spamming the accuser with a bunch of civil suits that might have some credence to them and hoping the accuser just folds. No real evidence needed right?

Buzzbee May as well have run a commercial on TV like those class action lawsuit lawyers do on asbestos. “Did you have a sexual encounter with DW4? Call now you might be entitled to a settlement!”...what a joke.

21 of which weren’t even on the radar until Buzzbee:

iu

and now every person the dude had a sexual encounter with over the last year is coming forward with allegations...civilly, not criminally at that. At an absolute MINIMUM motive can and should be questioned.

There are currently 7 criminal investigations open.

Some of these women wont settle because money isn't their goal.

that’s understandable and you are right...he put himself in this position. But that doesn’t equivocate to him assaulting them, anymore than it does to the women who WEREN’T actual masseuses.....but elected to act as 1 in order to make a little money so as to get close to a multimillionaire NFL player.

So, he’s got a rather sleazy & peculiar way of getting in into sexual encounters? Most red-blooded single men don’t go to clubs, bars just to listen to the music, dance or have a few beers with their bros either. Wanna convict all them for the method in which they go about trying to set up sexual encounters too?

Again, if Buzzbee can prove DW4 did this with actual evidence, I’m all for him getting what he deserves. But so far all he’s done is take a few text messages and try to interpret them to mean something that may or not be a correct interpretation of the actual situation all the while pointing to a predilection that DW4 apparently has. That alone does not rise to the level of him assaulting each of them...especially when 98% of these accusations came forth only after Buzzbee waved a blank check on national TV to everyone and said come one come all who had a sexual encounter with DW4 during a massage session and can prove it, you might be able to get paid!

Does enough proof for you have to be a pic of DW4 forcing his wee wee in a massage therapists mouth? What would be enough proof for you?

No doubt your guys a perv. Is it a stretch to say he's a sexual predator?

Darren Sharper says hi !!!

Back