Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Thorsson

Waterboy
I like Texas native Baker Mayfield much better than Watson. Baker wanted to go to the worst team in the NFL, the Browns, and make them better. Watson, on the other hand, wanted to leave the Texans because they had a losing team. To me, Watson is a quitter!

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I finally saw a video of Miss Solitis's testimony at the presser, but I have not a clue about the veracity of her statement which is irrelevant
because what's really important was that she was convincing and effective.
I betcha the big boys at NFL HQs in NYC watched it with great interest and have already suggested to DW4 and his employer to get out the checkbooks and make it go away.
The most surprising thing I saw or heard was the report of team Watson ignoring Buzzbutts 100k settlement offer ?

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
Nah. Caserio can rebuild this in 2 years if he does it right. Smith was 10-6 as a starter for WASH. I’d rather just roll with Tyrod and find a way to draft QB Davis Mills STAN.
Let him sit a year and start getting him weapons next year.
Yup this team sucks already and we have to build thru the draft so roll with Taylor and see if caserio can hit on a QB next year or parlay the high pick into more desperately needed picks.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Same I hadn't heard that and given how much anything Watson says has been put all over this board I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned before.
Same here, never heard that before. Tried a Google search but everything about Watson is connected to the lawsuits now. I'd be curious to find out what he said.

Did the equipment guy get fired for letting Deshawn use the texans epuipment away from the facilities?
Stay tuned! Buzzbee will certainly find that out, one way or another.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
Watson’s team has fumbled multiple times. Especially admitting to anything being consensual. Because now, the first excuse is “he went to instagram for masseuses but did nothing wrong”. Then, “wait it was consensual”. So the intent was sex, established, now you have a plane ticket from Houston to Atlanta. Opened himself up to sex trafficking exposure.

Dejaview

All Pro
I haven’t seen anyone comment on this. Apologies if they have for I missed it. But, does anyone think Hardin made a huge mistake by stating that the first accuser wanted to settle with DW for a hundred thousand then made some statement that perhaps they could come to an agreement that would be a learning experience for DW? Did I read that right. The 22nd accuser publicly called out the NFL for sweeping this abuse under the rug, all eyes are on the NFL to get this right and he wants a multimillionaire NFL star to settle for a ”learning experience“, what, and pat her on the butt with a wink wink? This guy is majorly desperate and he may try to be baiting Buzbee into making a mistake. That just blows me away.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
I haven’t seen anyone comment on this. Apologies if they have for I missed it. But, does anyone think Hardin made a huge mistake by stating that the first accuser wanted to settle with DW for a hundred thousand then made some statement that perhaps they could come to an agreement that would be a learning experience for DW? Did I read that right. The 22nd accuser publicly called out the NFL for sweeping this abuse under the rug, all eyes are on the NFL to get this right and he wants a multimillionaire NFL star to settle for a ”learning experience“, what, and pat her on the butt with a wink wink? This guy is majorly desperate and he may try to be baiting Buzbee into making a mistake. That just blows me away.
IF I'm following this correctly. Hardin was not the lawyer who was responding to the emails and $100K request. It was the lawyer from the agency that represents Watson who made the comments you are referencing. Hardin did not get involved until Buzzbee decided to start filing the civil lawsuits.

Dejaview

All Pro
IF I'm following this correctly. Hardin was not the lawyer who was responding to the emails and $100K request. It was the lawyer from the agency that represents Watson who made the comments you are referencing. Hardin did not get involved until Buzzbee decided to start filing the civil lawsuits.
thanks for the clarity but he did make a comment to settle. I mean all eyes are on this necessary but also political, on many levels, issue but basically having a rich superstar pay off his crime with all eyes watching sounds insane. What am I missing because these guys aren’t dumb.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Does anyone still think that this was created by DW4 to get him out of town? Or that the Texans did this to trade him?
I thought it possible when it was one woman, but I long stepped away from that idea when the number multiplied like Gizmo in a swimming pool.

I only thought it possible because he warned of going to extremes to get out.

I used to like the guy, now the only thing Id have to say to him is very..... Bud Adams-esque

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
I like Texas native Baker Mayfield much better than Watson. Baker wanted to go to the worst team in the NFL, the Browns, and make them better. Watson, on the other hand, wanted to leave the Texans because they had a losing team. To me, Watson is a quitter!
That's probably the nicest name Watson has been called this week.

:coffee:

mussop

Hall of Fame
I finally saw a video of Miss Solitis's testimony at the presser, but I have not a clue about the veracity of her statement which is irrelevant
because what's really important was that she was convincing and effective.
Really? I thought just the opposite. She was being way over dramatic IMO.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
From PEOPLE Dec 20, 2020:

Deshaun Watson 'Didn't Have Too Much' Growing Up, So He Makes Sure to Use His Platform to Give Back

"[Starting a foundation] was definitely one of the things growing up I wanted to do," he says. "I wanted to make sure that it was right. I had the right team, right people around me, to make sure that I'm doing the things that I want to do to be able to touch different people across the world. So it was definitely one of the most prioritized things on my list."
LINK

Credit where credit is due. He attained his childhood dream.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

Found this on Google regarding the Mike Vick stuff.

Interesting none the less.
The problem in contrast with Vick, the new CBA does not seem to afford the same "remedies" for a team as was available during the last CBA.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
For those that didn't pay close attention:

"Package number five is a series of direct messages where one of the massage therapists reports to her boss or coworker, her interaction with Deshaun Watson and her shock and dismay and frustration, and bewilderment and humiliation about his conduct. This woman direct messages another woman who had set up the massage and she says, 'I normally am the one who coordinates his therapist when I can make it. So I’m very close to the team.' she says.

"She says, now, remember, at this point, the individual had not been identified. I just said I had a very bad experience in my last massage. And since she had made the referral the woman says, 'You don’t have to tell me, but out of curiosity, was it Deshaun Watson?' She guesses who it was without being told. And here’s what she says. And if you wonder whether why some of these victims did not come forward immediately, if you wonder why some of these victims are reluctant or wary, listen to the words that she puts in a direct message. 'So she can report to police but from what I understand, they won’t do much.' So she’s discouraging her to report it to the police. She goes on to say, 'I can get the player personnel person for whatever team it is for her. That’s who you would talk to on the team to handle it. They don’t do much about the situation though.'

"She goes on to say, 'It sucks, but it’s just like a regular client. In my experience, they usually try the first time, then stop. If it’s Deshaun, I’ll call his manager or agent on behalf of her if she’d like. These guys are used to never being told no and women throw themselves at them daily. It’s easier said than done but shake it off. There’s nothing she could have done or can do.' Now, you wonder why somebody might not come forward when this is the type of information they’re being given. When they claim that they’re close to the Texans and police aren’t going to do anything about it. And the best thing you can do is block his number, unfollow him on Instagram and never have any further contact from him."

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Why Deshaun Watson's accusers may have turned to civil courts instead of police in sex assault cases

Alex Stuckey, Staff writer
April 5, 2021Updated: April 6, 2021 10:48 a.m.

More control

For some victims, taking their assault to police can seem hopeless.

Not only are they retraumatized each time they have to describe their assault, Boyce said, but it can also seem as if they are not in control of the outcomes.

“In criminal cases, the state doesn’t represent the victims, they represent the state and they control every aspect of the case,” Boyce said. “And so often (the cases) are refused for prosecution for a variety of reasons — if they think they can’t win or they think there’s too much political pressure.”

The criminal investigation process also is intrusive and time-consuming, with court hearings, follow-ups with police and medical appointments, said Olivia Rivers, executive director of the Houston-area advocacy nonprofit The Bridge Over Troubled Waters. Officers may show up at the victim’s house or workplace. Family and friends — whom the victim may not want to tell about the assault — may be interviewed to corroborate the report.

“A sexual assault exam can take hours,” she said. “How do you explain to your family why you were at a hospital for that long? Or how do you explain to your employer why you had to miss so much work for court?”

Additionally, the burden of proof also is lower in a civil court than in a criminal prosecution. Civilly, the victims have to show only a preponderance of evidence, but in criminal cases, authorities have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the assault happened.

Therefore, it can be easier for victims to get some form of justice in a civil court, whether it be a public apology or a monetary award for pain and suffering — especially when there isn’t enough physical evidence to criminally convict a perpetrator.

“Sexual violence ... isn’t taken seriously by society,” Rivers said. “This is about having their voices heard.”

Sometimes, victims might seek both criminal prosecution and civil damages.

WORTH READING THE WHOLE STORY

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Hopkins introduced Watson to the heavy party life and the barrel of low hanging fruit that goes with it. Yet Hopkins like most other elite athletes has understood and accepted that his own celebrity would give him all that he should "need." He would not have found any need to force himself onto women. Watson, on the other hand, was not satisfied with normal limits of his "gifts" and felt entitled to go after and force what he "wanted" using any means he could. I do strongly feel that Watson's pathology didn't.......and still doesn't allow him to believe he did anything wrong..........in plain words, my penis belongs anywhere I want..............
Allegedly

:shades:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If these allegations have any truth to them I'm starting to draw the same conclusion. One thing in one of these filings that has always stuck out to me is that one of the women said that Watson said "No one has ever said no to me before." I actually would believe that which can lead to a feeling of entitlement. Watson clearly has some type of mental issue, no one has that many therapists in that short a time, now whether that issue took a darker turn remains to be seen but either way the public imagine he had of being almost a saint was clearly false.
Except there’s 21 22 women saying they said no to him. Unless she was the first victim, he’s lying.

At what point will Roger Goodell want to speak to DW to get his side of the story or will that ever occur?
Dw4 had a good image. Enough to maybe push back at the accusations. Yet never tried to do so……. Cause it’s all true and he lawyered up.

tbh too much out there to deny anyways

The1ApplePie

Hall of Fame
thanks for the clarity but he did make a comment to settle. I mean all eyes are on this necessary but also political, on many levels, issue but basically having a rich superstar pay off his crime with all eyes watching sounds insane. What am I missing because these guys aren’t dumb.
At best for Watson, they had a concentual encounter, but then the woman said she would share Watson's weird kinks with the world if she didn't get paid. More than likely, everything happened as she said, and they were trying to get her paid, without raising a stink for Watson's image.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You think DW4 and some of his fans wish they would have voted for Busbee now?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
What guys aren't dumb?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Except there’s 21 22 women saying they said no to him. Unless she was the first victim, he’s lying.
A person with an addiction doesn't think logically when it comes to their addiction. Not playing Fraser here but it could very well be that Watson truly couldn’t comprehend them saying no.

Last edited:

The1ApplePie

Hall of Fame
I am more confident that ever that some horny wine mom is going to make a reverse 50 Shades of Grey based on this, and will make $100 million.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
You decide, is she lying now?

jasbrooks
_ 2h
I do not know any of the victims personally, nor was the correspondence a shared conversation between a victim and myself. I am unsure how my text to a friend got taken out of context, sent around, and used for this situation. Buzbee is playing a very dirty game and manipulating words to work in the favor of his clients. This deceptive use of my unrelated conversation does not change the fact that I haven't had a bad experience with Deshaun Watson. In my three years of working with him he has always been professional. My reasons for ending our professional relationship were simply due to my personal preference of not liking to work behind other therapists—as many of us don't. Additionally, I have other work and clients that took priority over my shared treatment of Watson, and thought it best his other therapists take over.
Or was she lying then?

“I told you I stopped working with [Deshaun Watson]. Because I was hearing too much stuff about him messing with other people. . . . He’s been doing a lot in the last three or four months. I even told his ass he needed to be careful because his names getting around. I just hope don’t nobody call me to question me.”
:thinking:
We're reaching the part where money and power matters.

Last edited: