Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Ok, but didn’t the GJ say there is no credible evidence that he violated these women’s rights? Not arguing, just confused.
Well first, that was a criminal matter. Rusty had heavy influence in the Grand Jury’s decision. When a GJ declines to indict, that’s not saying that he is innocent, it’s saying not enough evidence to charge him. But, there was.

In a civil case the burden of proof is a whole lot lower, and harder for Watson to disprove the claims.

Well first, that was a criminal matter. Rusty had heavy influence in the Grand Jury’s decision. When a GJ declines to indict, that’s not saying that he is innocent, it’s saying not enough evidence to charge him. But, there was.

In a civil case the burden of proof is a whole lot lower, and harder for Watson to disprove the claims.
Not arguing but curious as to how you come up with some of these statements? It seems like you start with your opinion of something and then work backwards. For example you state that the grand jury did not true bill Watson and in this post you say that that is because of Rusty's heavy influence. I just don't know how you can prove something like that even if it were true. You said the same thing about Harris County Prosecuting Attorney that she just did not do what she was supposed to do. If that was correct, in today's society people would be pounding at us thru media about the attrocities against this minority group of women. This would be low-hanging fruit for ready to scream discrimination and I have not heard it.

To me you seem to be saying you have the facts of exactly what he did and the results must be what you think they should be. Can you clarify this for me?

Not arguing but curious as to how you come up with some of these statements? It seems like you start with your opinion of something and then work backwards. For example you state that the grand jury did not true bill Watson and in this post you say that that is because of Rusty's heavy influence. I just don't know how you can prove something like that even if it were true. You said the same thing about Harris County Prosecuting Attorney that she just did not do what she was supposed to do. If that was correct, in today's society people would be pounding at us thru media about the attrocities against this minority group of women. This would be low-hanging fruit for ready to scream discrimination and I have not heard it.

To me you seem to be saying you have the facts of exactly what he did and the results must be what you think they should be. Can you clarify this for me?
BB, you are obviously not aware of what has been going on in the Harris County DA's office for a long time. They have an abyssmally low indictment and conviction rate. They have not hired enough prosecutors for years (although they are budgetted for it). Non violent felonies are dismissed like water. Felons have not even been plea bargaining because their defense attorneys advise them that the longer the time to trial, the more likely the investigating officers have left or retired, witnesses have left or are now fuzzy about the facts, evidence disappears or is lost.............the more likely all is dismissed.

And as far as corruption in Harris Country, there are several ongoing investigations of the DA and her office.................besides monies from attorney donors, a common practice is for high profile attorneys to work towards "helping" attaining votes to keep the "favorable" DAs in place and remove the "unfavorable" DAs from their post(s).

In conclusion, that "ham sandwich" in Harris County can be very expensive.........with only some defendants being able to afford it.

I didn’t know a player could appeal the decision to Federal Court. One player did and surprisingly won.

BB, you are obviously not aware of what has been going on in the Harris County DA's office for a long time. They have an abyssmally low indictment and conviction rate. They have not hired enough prosecutors for years (although they are budgetted for it). Non violent felonies are dismissed like water. Felons have not even been plea bargaining because their defense attorneys advise them that the longer the time to trial, the more likely the investigating officers have left or retired, witnesses have left or are now fuzzy about the facts, evidence disappears or is lost.............the more likely all is dismissed.

And as far as corruption in Harris Country, there are several ongoing investigations of the DA and her office.................besides monies from attorney donors, a common practice is for high profile attorneys to work towards "helping" attaining votes to keep the "favorable" DAs in place and remove the "unfavorable" DAs from their post(s).

In conclusion, that "ham sandwich" in Harris County can be very expensive.........with only some defendants being able to afford it.
I was aware of the situation with former prosecuting attorney Ken Paxton but not as much with Kim Ogg. I knew there was controversy over some of her decisions but was unaware of the investigations of her office. I thought that was strictly on Paxton.

I didn’t know a player could appeal the decision to Federal Court. One player did and surprisingly won.

Brady eventually lost his Federal Appeal. The article says that the NFL would not want to go through that again. But dealing with Deflategate cannot be compared in importance to maintaining a stand against a sexual predatorial issue at a time when the NFL is trying to give the impression that they are defending minority and female rights.

Brady eventually lost his Federal Appeal. The article says that the NFL would not want to go through that again. But dealing with Deflategate cannot be compared in importance to maintaining a stand against a sexual predatorial issue at a time when the NFL is trying to give the impression that they are defending minority and female rights.
Totally agree but aren't they sending mixed messages about the way they're handling other sexual concerns with NFL owners?

Claims that if DW suspended a year his contract is extended a year. "Tolling". Thoughts? I cannot find anything in the CBA to support this claim

It seems to be truy buried deep in sections of the CBA in extrapolation,

1656219705226.png

In my personal opinion, things posted as speculation with sources should be challengeable on a message board. If not, then its like the news cycle of who can report 1st without any stipulations of being correct.

Everything's challengeable ..... have at it. Lots of people throw crap at the wall and once in a while something sticks.

But damn, when someone's batting 1.000 over the course of a decade or more ....

The NFL Prepares to Push for an Indefinite Suspension of Deshaun Watson
The league is angling for a ban of no shorter than one season for the quarterback who has been accused by dozens of women of sexual assault or misconduct
Deshaun Watson’s sexual misconduct hearing is set to begin and the National Football League is preparing to make its case for one of the stiffest suspensions in the sport’s history.

The NFL is pushing for an indefinite suspension that would last no shorter than one year for Watson, people familiar with the matter said. That would mean he would be out for one season, at least, before he could apply to be reinstated.

A resolution on his future in the league is expected in the coming days, more than a year since the first allegations against Watson surfaced. The people familiar with the case anticipate an outcome the week of July 4, although there remains a chance of it coming sooner. His arbitration hearing is scheduled to begin this upcoming week.

Let me ask you a good question, if your sources are as strong as you say, why aren't you breaking the developments like Mark Berman? I mean if I had the plug, I'm going to get paid like TMZ , not post on a message board of fans. I know if I need to find out some information about league stuff, I can call Pat Kirwan. So like when someone posted a story about Flores and Athletes 1st, I called and verified. What the poster, a respected poster insinuated was wrong on top of wrong. When I challenged him, the mods say I was bullying. I didn't say he was lying, his facts were wrong,but the information from a respected poster who "doesn't have to lie" was wrong as wrong can be.

In my personal opinion, things posted as speculation with sources should be challengable on a message board. If not, then its like the news cycle of who can report 1st without any stipulations of being correct.

Mark Berman probably knows. John McClain probably knows. But people in the know don’t release the information to TMZ or the public because they want to stay in the know. I am sure [mention]Corrosion [/mention] and [mention]CloakNNNdagger [/mention] had the go ahead to put the information on the message board.

You are welcome to you opinion even though it would ruin things. In my history with this board, and the previous one, that there are people who come ago and say they hear this or this from their sources. It never pans out. Then there is Corrison and CND. Always had reliable inside information through this mess. They helped us get through this dark time. I appreciate it.

giphy.gif

Let me ask you a good question, if your sources are as strong as you say, why aren't you breaking the developments like Mark Berman? I mean if I had the plug, I'm going to get paid like TMZ , not post on a message board of fans. I know if I need to find out some information about league stuff, I can call Pat Kirwan. So like when someone posted a story about Flores and Athletes 1st, I called and verified. What the poster, a respected poster insinuated was wrong on top of wrong. When I challenged him, the mods say I was bullying. I didn't say he was lying, his facts were wrong,but the information from a respected poster who "doesn't have to lie" was wrong as wrong can be.

In my personal opinion, things posted as speculation with sources should be challengable on a message board. If not, then its like the news cycle of who can report 1st without any stipulations of being correct.
I have always respected Kirwan and have followed him through his career. But Kirwan, just like every human can be wrong, at least occasionally. I still remember when, through his diverse reliable sources, he adamantly professed that Mathew Stafford would be passed up by the Lions as the #1 pick of the Draft and would be taken by the Seahawks. All other draft analysts looked to the Lions to pick Stafford, something that ultimately occurred. Kirwan was "wrong as wrong can be." And that is not the only time that Kirwan's sources failed him. Kirwan was "wrong as wrong can be." Does that mean that I or others who follow him do not continue to respect him? Absolutely not. Respect is gained by obtaining and relating valid information most of the time, not by always being correct.

Based on the article you posted and the one below it, does it mean that if suspended w/o pay that DW would not be losing money on his contract due to tolling? I'm sure he will be forking out a large amount on the settlements and attorney fees but the tolling piece is interesting. That contract of his seems to be a shrewd move by his representation if it sticks.

Claims that if DW suspended a year his contract is extended a year. "Tolling". Thoughts? I cannot find anything in the CBA to support this claim

Based on the article you posted and the one below it, does it mean that if suspended w/o pay that DW would not be losing money on his contract due to tolling? I'm sure he will be forking out a large amount on the settlements and attorney fees but the tolling piece is interesting. That contract of his seems to be a shrewd move by his representation if it sticks.

Theoretically, he'd only be losing a miniscule amount of money in the tolling. But from what I am hearing, the NFL in response is likely to attach a sizable monetary penalty to his behavior/suspension.

If he's on the CEL, that's the case. Go back through the first couple hundred posts in this thread. Corrosion provided links explaining this. It's what we were hoping for before the 2022 season

1. We don’t have anything that could cast any doubt that the Texans knew that Watson was engaging in illegal activities. The reservation at a hotel would be closer to a fringe benefit for a franchise QB. And probably common thing for franchises to do for Star players.

2. What motive would Watson have to lie for the Texans benefit? None.

What motive would Watson have to lie about sexual assault? Millions of dollars and his freedom.
Common sense prevails

If he's on the CEL, that's the case. Go back through the first couple hundred posts in this thread. Corrosion provided links explaining this. It's what we were hoping for before the 2022 season
IIRC, those links were not from CBA and i questioned at that time. Any who it doesn't appear a CEL is on table but an NFL suspension.

Why was Brian Gaine fired? What was Rick Smith doing with the females at NRG/Reliant that created an “unsafe work environment”?

just because you don’t want to see the smoke doesn’t mean the sky is clear. I don’t know what the heck has been going on on Kirby, & that’s my point. We don’t know what the Texans knew, or should have known but turned a blind eye, or buried there head in the sand.

Read these two together really fast.

What are you expecting him to say?

“Yadamn right I told the Texans I was going to assault & possibly rape unexpected massage professionals”

Then turn around & say, “I never mistreated a woman”

They kinda go hand in hand

True

But he wouldn't have answered so definitely. Of course Derrick's a dumbazz so using words to deflect probably isn't a strong suit of his.

Smoke... that's all I'm saying. We don't know. I repeat, we don't know

You could post this post about almost anything that the Texans org does. Example: Who made the final call on the Stingley pick and why did whoever made this decision choose Stingley over Sauce.

Reactions: JB
Why would he delete all of them?

BTW, I believe they can be retrieved
From July 10, 2021:

Just an FYI.

Messages you unsend on Instagram are never deleted
The photo-sharing app has started sending prompts to users informing them about the changes made to the unsend messages feature.

Ankita Chakravarti New Delhi February 5, 2021UPDATED: February 5, 2021 10:44 IST

It is unclear if messages before the date of the bulletin is retrievable.

Looks like the Texans will be getting a couple of top 10 1st rd picks from the Browns for the next couple of years. Caserio did a great job.
A deaf, dumb, and blind monkey or anyone for that matter could have traded for 3 first RD picks. I have no doubt that even you or @thunderkyss could've made that trade for (3) 1st RD picks. :) That was a given. That was automatic. It was what would be included in the draft package besides (3) 1st that raised the ante. Caserio started out with an initial demand of a 2nd RD and a 3rd RD being included. From those measured standards, Caserio failed because he couldn't deliver on his own demands. Especially when Cleveland was so desperate to get the deal done. BTW if the demise of Cleveland in 2022 and 2023 does happen as you predict, Caserio will have absolutely nothing to do with that.

Last edited:
I have always respected Kirwan and have followed him through his career. But Kirwan, just like every human can be wrong, at least occasionally. I still remember when, through his diverse reliable sources, he adamantly professed that Mathew Stafford would be passed up by the Lions as the #1 pick of the Draft and would be taken by the Seahawks. All other draft analysts looked to the Lions to pick Stafford, something that ultimately occurred. Kirwan was "wrong as wrong can be." And that is not the only time that Kirwan's sources failed him. Kirwan was "wrong as wrong can be." Does that mean that I or others who follow him do not continue to respect him? Absolutely not. Respect is gained by obtaining and relating valid information most of the time, not by always being correct.
Anyone can be wrong, but I don't remember him saying the Lions would pass Stafford. Leading up to the draft and qb's we always talk have conversations. Yeah, he's wrong because he's human just like all of us who are human. There isn't anything admitting when you're wrong either unless you're perfect which we know doesn't exist. Sources can be wrong too as we've found out. Sometimes sources are trying to break 1st without fully vetting.

Looks like the Texans will be getting a couple of top 10 1st rd picks from the Browns for the next couple of years. Caserio did a great job.
What number did they get this year with a busted up Baker? What was Indy record with Brissett? Thats probably the pick the Texans are going to get. The Browns have a 7-9 win team talent wise without Watson. They're a 11-13 win team with him. That pick is going to be mid round again, but as long as Caserio hit on the higher pick and gets a qb, the Texans will be fine. How quick they will be fine is a different story.

Why was Brian Gaine fired?
Gaine was fired within 48 hours after Jack Easterby returned from the New England Patriots ring ceremony and celebration where Easterby spent most of the time talking to Nick Caserio. When Easterby arrived back in Houston the next day he convinced Daniel Calhoun and Bill O'Brien that Nick Caserio had in fact agreed to join the Houston Texans as their new General Manager that year, ASAP. In order to make that happen, they had to immediately fire Brian Gaine because they were expecting to announce Caserio as the new GM in a matter of days.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. The New England Patriots took a great BIG Dump in the Texans' lunch pail. The Patriots sued the Texans for tampering. So now the Texans did not have a GM and the excuse the Texans were going to use for why they fired Gaine, (they were hiring Nick Caserio), was now null and void. So Jack Easterby cooked up some cockamamie excuse of sexual harassment charges against Gaine for the reason he was fired. Those charges were never filed and any and all claims were dismissed. Regardless of what the Nick Caserio fan club says, and Buffalo surely had no problem rehiring someone being falsely accused of sexual harassment.

This message has been brought to you by, Daniel Calhoun, Jack Easterby, Bill O'Brien, and Nick Caserio.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the NFL still reviews contracts and has to approve prior to signing?
If so, all the perks were there to see and the NFL didn't have a problem with it.

I'm guessing the NFL still reviews contracts and has to approve prior to signing?
If so, all the perks were there to see and the NFL didn't have a problem with it.

Or it could be the lesson of eating something hot. You tell your kids don’t do it. They try it and but their mouth. You ask them if they learned anything. I think the NFL did that to the Browns to make it a lesson to every franchise out there.

What number did they get this year with a busted up Baker? What was Indy record with Brissett? Thats probably the pick the Texans are going to get. The Browns have a 7-9 win team talent wise without Watson. They're a 11-13 win team with him. That pick is going to be mid round again, but as long as Caserio hit on the higher pick and gets a qb, the Texans will be fine. How quick they will be fine is a different story.
They won't need a QB next year, after drafting arguably the best QB over the last 5 games last year.

Would love to see what Mills could do with Mayer and Bijan or if they're as bad as you think they will be, Will Anderson. I've still got them as a 4-6 win team next year because of the schedule and lack of depth.

A deaf, dumb, and blind monkey or anyone for that matter could have traded for 3 first RD picks. I have no doubt that even you or @thunderkyss could've made that trade for (3) 1st RD picks. :) That was a given. That was automatic. It was what would be included in the draft package besides (3) 1st that raised the ante. Caserio started out with an initial demand of a 2nd RD and a 3rd RD being included. From those measured standards, Caserio failed because he couldn't deliver on his own demands. Especially when Cleveland was so desperate to get the deal done. BTW if the demise of Cleveland in 2022 and 2023 does happen as you predict, Caserio will have absolutely nothing to do with that.

Bottom line is Caserio got the 2nd best deal in NFL history for a guy that most likely goes 3 years before he takes his next NFL snap. (,Last year and 2 more yrs.) Could be more after the rest of the 66 or so get through filing suits. There's a reason the pundits on Atlanta said their best off-season move was striking out in their attempt to trade for Derrick.

Anyone can be wrong, but I don't remember him saying the Lions would pass Stafford. Leading up to the draft and qb's we always talk have conversations. Yeah, he's wrong because he's human just like all of us who are human. There isn't anything admitting when you're wrong either unless you're perfect which we know doesn't exist. Sources can be wrong too as we've found out. Sometimes sources are trying to break 1st without fully vetting.
Agreed, but this isn't the case with CnD and Corrosion.

Back