Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Think Goodell will pursue tampering done in such an obvious way? Would be cool to get Miami's round one and still be able to trade him before draft. This raises my opinion on Caserio.
The league doesn't know about this. CnnD said it wasn't reported.

But if the league did impose sanctions they would take Miami's 1st, but they wouldn't give it to Houston.

??? Doc has been telling everyone all along that he would not be traded

Most posters, not just him.

Even the posters who were only holding for a trade knew he was most likely not going to be traded.

One in particular chose to not listen and he chose to die on that hill.

Maybe he start to listen as these cases start to develop, but I doubt this happens. To It would certainly be out of character

If the team owning rights don't extend permission it's collusion.

There are time frames & rules which do allow for preliminary talks, but none which apply to Watson's situation

I'm sure Caserio and Greir talked and even if they didn't there's no collision if Grier talked to Mulagetta but not to Derrick. Mulagetta just relayed the information to Derrick. That's not collusion.

1. I would like to know how you know that Ross offered to pay for all of Derrick's settlements?

2. I'm sure Ross/Grier have been in contact with Mulagetta this happens before any trade is done. Example I'm fairly certain that the Rams/Snead got in touch with Miller's agent before he was trade from the Broncos to the Rams. So I dont see how this can be considered collusion.

As far as the part about Grier stumbling, it appears he's not very good at his job. Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the team owning rights don't extend permission it's collusion.

There are time frames & rules which do allow for preliminary talks, but none which apply to Watson's situation
Exactly, this was not a team to team contact like the Von Miller example................the Rams contacted the Broncos directly, they did not initially have contact with Miller or his agent. Watson/his agent were in constant contact with the Dolphins from the beginning...........without the Texans's permission to do so...........that's collusion and tampering.

Exactly, this was not a team to team contact like the Von Miller example................the Rams contacted the Broncos directly, they did not initially have contact with Miller or his agent. Watson/his agent were in constant contact with the Dolphins from the beginning...........without the Texans's permission to do so...........that's collusion and tampering.

Greir can contact Mulgetta without it being collusion.

There are back channel ways of discussing things between a player and his agent without it being collusion. As long as the GM has contacts throught the league. Example: Grier could relay info to Mulagetta (Even though I dont think this would be a form of collusion) or Watson through Avery/Momma Watson etc.... and that wouldn't be collusion. Even if it was, as long as there's no text messages/emails it would be impossible to prove collusion.

There are back channel ways of discussing things between a player and his agent without it being collusion. As long as the GM has contacts throught the league. Example: Grier could relay info to Mulagetta (Even though I dont think this would be a form of collusion) or Watson through Avery/Momma Watson etc.... and that wouldn't be collusion. Even if it was, as long as there's no text messages/emails it would be impossible to prove collusion.
If Grier makes any concessions to Watson & Watson only removes his NTC for Miami, it's collusion. Even if Grier told his baby mama who told her cousin who mentioned it to Avery in the laundromat on West 53rd.

As far as the part about Grier stumbling, it appears he's not very good at his job. Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Bobby Grier was a good scout. There was one guy who showed up for Tom Brady's pro day, that was Bobby Grier who was with NE. And it was Bobby Grier and Wade Phillips who both pounded the table screaming for JJ Watt when Rick's initial plan went out the window and he and Gary started talking about offensive players.

This is true, there was never a deal in place as some reported and Caserio was never going to trade him before the trade deadline.

[Information I have just received from a very reliable inside source]

But... Caserio set out to get some things in this trade deadline dance, and he got them.

1) Through some... negotiating ploys, we'll call them, Caserio flushed out Stephen Ross to join in with the rest of his top FO guys in tampering with Watson. Ross told Watson he would pay for all of his settlements out of his own pocket if he'd get them done. And Watson/Hardin tried to get them done, and done with very strong NDAs. Watson/Hardin/Mulugheta had been saying for months, "No settlements, no NDAs of any kind." All BS. Caserio just tricked Watson into admitting he will settle the cases with NDAs, which increase his trade value.

2) Miami has been colluding with Watson & his people for many months, everybody knows it and that is tampering. But instead of reporting it to the league office, which is not his style, Nick let Grier and Flores and finally Ross tamper themselves into a PR nightmare. Chris Grier's post trade deadline presser was a disaster, he looked like a fool and he lied and lied and even lost his composure a little bit. Caserio got his pound of flesh without killing a future deal, and the next time Miami comes for Watson all the backchannel shenanigans trying to reduce the compensation will have no merit. Watson, by way of Ross, was ready to settle with NDAs. So pay up or another team will.
This makes absolute sense as to why Rusty Hardin did not respond or comment about Buzbee talking about the NDAs

Not with Watson being under contract, and not without permission specifically given by the Texans.

Bobby Grier was a good scout. There was one guy who showed up for Tom Brady's pro day, that was Bobby Grier who was with NE. And it was Bobby Grier and Wade Phillips who both pounded the table screaming for JJ Watt when Rick's initial plan went out the window and he and Gary started talking about offensive players.

He was a good scout. But wasn't GM material or whatever he was doing for the Texans.

Look at the 10 yr draft results. Maybe he should've been pounding the table as hard in the 3rd Rd as he was in the 1st Rd. There's a reason the Texans have always had depth issues.

Most posters, not just him.

Even the posters who were only holding for a trade knew he was most likely not going to be traded.

One in particular chose to not listen and he chose to die on that hill.

Maybe he start to listen as these cases start to develop, but I doubt this happens. To It would certainly be out of character
Lol exactly. Several of us said he wouldn’t be traded. I posted Hopkins was getting on Watson during his rookie year for partying too much. One member got mad and stopped posting on here.

Last edited:
Can a judge in criminal or civil court order NDA's 'voided' for trial? If not what about a judge in Federal trial?
NDA's can be voided if the judge finds it overexpansive.

There was really be no reason to in the case of a civil trial because the whole point of an NDA and the settlement that’s come with it is to prevent a trial.

In the case of criminal an NDA means absolutely nothing. If a prosecutor or defense subpoenas a witness then an NDA can not be used to stop them from testifying. If a lawyer wants they can even make it an issue of what did the NDA protect.

The only thing that can stop someone from testifying is the 5th amendment and that is a huge gamble because first you have to plead it prior to taking the stand and second because if you are the accused you also cannot then testify in your defense for the duration of the trial.

Believe me if this goes to criminal court NDAs, trades and settlements will be the least of Watson’s worries.

I'm sure Caserio and Greir talked and even if they didn't there's no collision if Grier talked to Mulagetta but not to Derrick. Mulagetta just relayed the information to Derrick. That's not collusion.

From what is being reported Texans only gave permission for Miami to talk to Watson on Monday the 1st. So if Miami talked to Watson anytime before that then it’s collusion. Despite what people might think of Caserio as a GM in regards to trades and drafting when it comes to knowing how manipulate league rules he spent 20 years watching the masters do it.

Watson is on the verge of paying the most for an ass massage in history butt he will have more Texans money left over to go do whatever he wants. Just a bump in the road compared to the murderers, drug deaths and dog killers of the NFL.

Watson is on the verge of paying the most for an ass massage in history butt he will have more Texans money left over to go do whatever he wants. Just a bump in the road compared to the murderers, drug deaths and dog killers of the NFL.
No one is comparing to murder or drug deaths but if convicted what DW is accused of is horrible. It wasn't massage that led to complaints. It was the extras.

All the major tampering/collusion I was referencing was happening going back months and months ago............well before the date the Texans gave the Dolphins last minute permission to make any communications with Watson and his team.
I find it interesting that the Texans are aware of private conversations of tampering/collusion going on in another state with another team and Watson but were unaware of Watson's massage fetish going on right in their backyard. :kitten:

I find it interesting that the Texans are aware of private conversations of tampering/collusion going on in another state with another team and Watson but were unaware of Watson's massage fetish going on right in their backyard. :kitten:

I highly doubt that they didn't know. His own people who represent him knew and even warned him. So, they also likely spoke to the team at some point to make them aware also.

I highly doubt that they didn't know. His own people who represent him knew and even warned him. So, they also likely spoke to the team at some point to make them aware also.
Which is why Cal should've never signed him to that contract.

I mean Avery is rumored to have hooked Derrick up with some of the therapists.

that scenario is hard for me to accept

a player's rep contacting ownership to alert them of misbehavior?
[first contact occurred in Jan 2021]

Bryan Burney, who works as Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson‘s marketing manager, says he was contacted in January first by a woman who asked for $30,000 to buy her silence, and then by a man claiming to represent that woman who warned that they would “blackmail” Watson.

A statement from Burney was released today by Watson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, who is alleging that the 16 lawsuits filed against Watson are part of a scheme against Watson.

The statement is below:

1. My name is Bryan Burney. I am the marketing manager for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, and have had this role for more than three years. I have personal knowledge of the facts stated in this declaration; they are true and correct.

2. In mid-January 2021, I spoke with an individual who I believe is the Plaintiff, identified as “Jane Doe,” in Jane Doe v. Deshaun Watson, Cause No. 2021-15613, currently pending in Harris County, Texas. It is clear to me that the person I spoke with met with Deshaun on December 28, 2020, the same day that Jane Doe contends in her petition that she met with Deshaun. When I spoke with Ms. Doe in January, she stated that she wanted a “settlement” from Deshaun, though what exactly she wished to “settle” was not clear to me.

3. During my discussions with Ms. Doe, I questioned the factual basis for the “settlement” that she was requesting from Deshaun. Ms. Doe informed me that she was asking to be paid $30,000 for what she referred to as “indefinite silence” about her encounter with Deshaun. I asked her what she would be silent about and whether anything had happened with Deshaun against her will. She confirmed that everything that occurred was consensual during her encounter with Deshaun. I asked Ms. Doe why Deshaun should pay for silence regarding something that was consensual – whatever it was. She said that it was a matter that both she and Deshaun would wish to keep secret and that she would need to be paid for her “silence.”

4. After my conversation with Ms. Doe, I received a call from a man purporting to be her “business manager.” Ms. Doe’s business manager told me that her encounter with Deshaun would be embarrassing if revealed and that Deshaun should pay to keep the matter secret.

5. I told this individual that his demand to be paid for not revealing a consensual interaction between two adults was extortion.

6. He responded, “It’s not extortion, it’s blackmail.”

7. I informed this individual that Deshaun would not be paying the $30,000 requested.

8. In the years that I have known Deshaun, I have known him to be a respectful, decent human being. I do not believe him capable of the conduct that “Jane Doe” has anonymously accused him of in this case. This conduct is also completely inconsistent with multiple statements made by Jane Doe and by her “business manager,” indicating that her encounter with Deshaun involved only consensual activity.
LINK

'Extremely reckless’
Watson effectively was warned by his own sports agency, Athletes First, after another therapist in Texas, Ashley Solis, had attempted in February to resolve her own misconduct claim against Watson privately through attorneys out of court.

Before that, in mid-January, another woman spoke with Watson's marketing manager at Athletes First and asked for a settlement to keep quiet about her own encounter with Watson, according to the marketing manager, Bryan Burney.

LINK

His own team, warned Watson that this should be used as a lesson learned. It is obvious Watson has a learning disability in that he continued his same type of actions well after the warning.

[first contact occurred in Jan 2021]

Bryan Burney, who works as Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson‘s marketing manager, says he was contacted in January first by a woman who asked for $30,000 to buy her silence, and then by a man claiming to represent that woman who warned that they would “blackmail” Watson.

A statement from Burney was released today by Watson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, who is alleging that the 16 lawsuits filed against Watson are part of a scheme against Watson.

The statement is below:

1. My name is Bryan Burney. I am the marketing manager for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, and have had this role for more than three years. I have personal knowledge of the facts stated in this declaration; they are true and correct.

2. In mid-January 2021, I spoke with an individual who I believe is the Plaintiff, identified as “Jane Doe,” in Jane Doe v. Deshaun Watson, Cause No. 2021-15613, currently pending in Harris County, Texas. It is clear to me that the person I spoke with met with Deshaun on December 28, 2020, the same day that Jane Doe contends in her petition that she met with Deshaun. When I spoke with Ms. Doe in January, she stated that she wanted a “settlement” from Deshaun, though what exactly she wished to “settle” was not clear to me.

3. During my discussions with Ms. Doe, I questioned the factual basis for the “settlement” that she was requesting from Deshaun. Ms. Doe informed me that she was asking to be paid $30,000 for what she referred to as “indefinite silence” about her encounter with Deshaun. I asked her what she would be silent about and whether anything had happened with Deshaun against her will. She confirmed that everything that occurred was consensual during her encounter with Deshaun. I asked Ms. Doe why Deshaun should pay for silence regarding something that was consensual – whatever it was. She said that it was a matter that both she and Deshaun would wish to keep secret and that she would need to be paid for her “silence.”

4. After my conversation with Ms. Doe, I received a call from a man purporting to be her “business manager.” Ms. Doe’s business manager told me that her encounter with Deshaun would be embarrassing if revealed and that Deshaun should pay to keep the matter secret.

5. I told this individual that his demand to be paid for not revealing a consensual interaction between two adults was extortion.

6. He responded, “It’s not extortion, it’s blackmail.”

7. I informed this individual that Deshaun would not be paying the $30,000 requested.

8. In the years that I have known Deshaun, I have known him to be a respectful, decent human being. I do not believe him capable of the conduct that “Jane Doe” has anonymously accused him of in this case. This conduct is also completely inconsistent with multiple statements made by Jane Doe and by her “business manager,” indicating that her encounter with Deshaun involved only consensual activity.
LINK

'Extremely reckless’
Watson effectively was warned by his own sports agency, Athletes First, after another therapist in Texas, Ashley Solis, had attempted in February to resolve her own misconduct claim against Watson privately through attorneys out of court.

Before that, in mid-January, another woman spoke with Watson's marketing manager at Athletes First and asked for a settlement to keep quiet about her own encounter with Watson, according to the marketing manager, Bryan Burney.

LINK

His own team, warned Watson that this should be used as a lesson learned. It is obvious Watson has a learning disability in that he continued his same type of actions well after the warning.
Out of curiosity. If this reporting is accurate. Wouldn't the "blackmail" being mentioned in your article be something the FBI would investigate and what Hardin alluded to earlier?

@clemsonwatsonfan
DanielTX? Haven't seen him for awhile.

Edit: Oh wait you said long time member I think he was only around for a year or so. Geeze now this is going to bug me like missing the last piece in a puzzle.

That's funny. Those are the two posters who come to mind. I guess the size of the WoF club was greatly exaggerated.

Back