Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Is this the flavor of the month that you are rolling with now? Weren't you one bashing him before saying you "heard" it was because he didn't have a say in who the GM or HC was going to be? Just trying to keep up with all of you "insiders" around here.

Corrosion has been very consistent for years about his information. It goes back to when Kubiak was a HC for the Texans

In the case of Watson acting like a little biatch because he wanted his own choice in HC/GM, it is obviously about that choice of finding someone that would tolerate his stupidity and deviant lifestyle.

Watson, great football player, but truly a very dumb person.

I can understand Cal not backing him for the nature, seriousness of the charge & what they knew of his off field activities.

But at that time, when Watson would have approached him, there was only one “charge”

This is why I think the PI's told Cal what was going on in this POS life long before complaints were filed.

Explaining the NFL commissioner's 'exempt list' and why Texans QB Deshaun Watson isn't on it
Brooks Kubena, Staff writerAug. 31, 2021Updated: Aug. 31, 2021 9:53 p.m.

Five months have passed since 22 women filed civil lawsuits against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson alleging sexual assault and harassment. Five months have passed since the NFL opened its investigation into Watson. Five months have been filled with constant national media speculation that the Texans might trade Watson before the regular season begins Sept. 12 against the Jaguars at NRG Stadium.

Still, the troubling legal allegations have reached no conclusion, nor has the NFL’s separate investigation, and the Texans are now entering the regular season with a controversial quarterback — expected never to play in Houston again — taking up one of the 53 roster spots reserved for active players. ]

That Watson remains on the Texans roster isn’t surprising.

The franchise invested in the quarterback last year with a massive four-year contract extension worth $156 million, and while the organization would take a manageable financial hit by cutting Watson, team officials are holding on to the three-time Pro Bowler with hopes of trading him for multiple high draft picks once Watson’s legal issues are resolved.

That the Texans are having to designate a roster spot for a player facing serious allegations is what’s unusual.

The NFL’s personal conduct policy gives league commissioner Roger Goodell the ability to place a player on an “exempt list” that essentially puts him on paid administrative leave. Such players don’t count toward a team’s active roster.

Goodell has yet to act on the Watson case in regard to the exempt list’s three criteria: 1) a player must be charged with a felony offense or a crime of violence, 2) an NFL investigation must lead Goodell “to believe that a player may have violated” the league’s personal conduct policy, and 3) Goodell has the flexibility to temporarily place a player on the exempt list whe “a crime of violence is alleged but further investigation is required.”

Watson has yet to be formally charged. Separate from the civil lawsuits, the Houston Police Department is conducting its own investigation into the allegations. Jodi Silva, an HPD spokesperson, confirmed Tuesday that the Watson case remains ongoing.

The NFL investigation is also ongoing, league spokesperson Brian McCarthy confirmed Tuesday. Ten of the 22 plaintiffs represented by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee had interviewed with the league as of Aug. 13, and other plaintiffs had future interviews scheduled.

Additionally, Goodell has not temporarily placed Watson on the exempt list despite the allegation of “a crime of violence,” which the policy, in part, defines as “sexual assault by force or against a person who was incapable of giving consent.”

Typically, Goodell has placed players on the exempt list for physical violence.

Adrian Peterson was placed on the list in 2014 when the former Vikings running back was indicted on child abuse charges. Former Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt appeared on the list in 2018 after video showed Hunt pushing and kicking a woman during an altercation at a Cleveland hotel. When former linebacker Reuben Foster was charged with domestic violence in 2018, he was placed on the list shortly after the Washington Football Team claimed him off waivers.

Following Foster’s addition, the commissioner’s list faced widespread criticism for allowing teams to hold on their rosters, without penalty, players who have allegedly abused or assaulted people.

Texans coach David Culley said Tuesday the team has “had no conversations” with the NFL about why Watson has not been placed on the exempt list, and Culley declined to say whether he had expected Watson to be on the exempt list by now.

“I have nothing to say on that at this point,” Culley said.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Is this the flavor of the month that you are rolling with now? Weren't you one bashing him before saying you "heard" it was because he didn't have a say in who the GM or HC was going to be? Just trying to keep up with all of you "insiders" around here.
I don't have any insider knowledge and cannot prove this. However, I still think something happened during the season that led to Watson's comments at the year end press conference about people "thinking they have power". If I had to guess that was the turning point and then the HC/GM hire reinforced his declining opinion of the organization..

However, when these allegations surfaced, instead of taking a step back and reevaluating his situation, he and his advisors seemed to think he still had the advantage and the market for his services. Looking back at this situation. It's ironic that a guy complaining about power and loyalty from others, when he couldn't be loyal to his contract, the organization that gave him $160 million or even just 3-4 massage therapists.

Another case study on arrogance leading to an inflated sense of self-importance.

I don't have any insider knowledge and cannot prove this. However, I still think something happened during the season that led to Watson's comments at the year end press conference about people "thinking they have power". If I had to guess that was the turning point and then the HC/GM hire reinforced his declining opinion of the organization..

However, when these allegations surfaced, instead of taking a step back and reevaluating his situation, he and his advisors seemed to think he still had the advantage and the market for his services. Looking back at this situation. It's ironic that a guy complaining about power and loyalty from others, when he couldn't be loyal to his contract, the organization that gave him $160 million or even just 3-4 massage therapists.

Another case study on arrogance leading to an inflated sense of self-importance.

Classic sociopathic behavior.. I was going to say narcissist, but it just doesn't check all the boxes regarding this idiot. (Watson)

Last edited:

Was the press conference at the last game on January 3rd?

Because it was around that time that Buzbee may have been contacting Watson to pay 30k to settle a lawsuit.

Considering the investment of $160,000,000. I think they had every right to be "in his business" particularly when his business was dirty.
Essentially you had McNair and Easterby telling Watson this isn't how we run a multi billion dollar business .... Image is everything & Watson giving no damn's.

Most definitely. And instead of listening he’s being a straight up tool. He’s showing his true colors.

I think it’s collections of things. One being the four win season. I remember Watson saying twice that he’s not use to losing like this.

2. Word got around the city of Houston (massage community) of his unprofessionalism. It also got back to the Texans organization.

3. Cal making promises he couldn’t keep. But why would he once he learned about Watson off the field antics.

4. Bad advise from the people around him as well as the media putting their type of spin on crap. Especially when it comes to Houston sports in general.

5. His agent trying to change how things works in that field of football operations . We never seen a player get that type of contract and then all of sudden demanding a trade. Now the NBA is operating like that now. Those high end players are having there way .

I think it’s collections of things. One being the four win season. I remember Watson saying twice that he’s not use to losing like this.

2. Word got around the city of Houston (massage community) of his unprofessionalism. It also got back to the Texans organization.

3. Cal making promises he couldn’t keep. But why would he once he learned about Watson off the field antics.

4. Bad advise from the people around him as well as the media putting their type of spin on crap. Especially when it comes to Houston sports in general.

5. His agent trying to change how things works in that field of football operations . We never seen a player get that type of contract and then all of sudden demanding a trade. Now the NBA is operating like that now. Those high end players are having there way .
Your #5 reason is why I believe the NFL is controlling this entire process now. saw where Miami’s HC when asked today about DW got pissed and only said Tua is their QB. It just seems to me all teams are under a gag order so the talking heads are scrambling to be relevant.

Your #5 reason is why I believe the NFL is controlling this entire process now. saw where Miami’s HC when asked today about DW got pissed and only said Tua is their QB. It just seems to me all teams are under a gag order so the talking heads are scrambling to be relevant.
Axisbuck24 do you live in the western Hill country lol? We have more axis deer around Bandera than any place I’ve ever seen. They are all over the Flying L guest ranch. My son stables his horse there and is always finding big antlers there.

Bullshit.. B.S flag on that post.. NO ONE knew Deshuan Watson was this, not even you

True, I didn't know his selfishness as a player extended to his personal life. But I did know he was a a selfish person, just not to this extreme. Nobody could've guessed this.

True, I didn't know his selfishness as a player extended to his personal life. But I did know he was a a selfish person, just not to this extreme. Nobody could've guessed this.

When did you personally know he was a selfish “player” for the Texans? Just curious about this post.

For those stuck on possible absence of "direct evidence":

***********************************************************************************************
Texas State and Federal Criminal Appeals: What Is Circumstantial Evidence, And Can It Support a Criminal Conviction?

In popular culture, the term “circumstantial evidence” tends to be associated with questionable or weak evidence. Is this true in courts in state and federal criminal cases in Texas? The answer is that the law generally does not distinguish between direct and circumstantial evidence as far as whether the evidence is admissible in court or how much weight it should be given.

“Direct” evidence means evidence that directly proves something. For example, an eye witness who testifies that she saw the defendant rob the bank is providing direct evidence. Similarly, a security camera video that shows the defendant robbing the bank is also direct evidence. In both of these examples, the evidence directly proves that the defendant robbed the bank.

Circumstantial evidence requires additional reasoning or logic to show that something happened. The classic example is “snow on the ground.” If you wake up in the morning, look outside, and see that snow is covering the ground everywhere, but there was not snow on the ground when you went to bed, this is circumstantial evidence that it snowed during the night. If you actually saw snow falling, you could testify that you saw snow falling, and this would be direct evidence that snow fell. But if you did not actually see snow falling, the fact that there was no snow before, and snow in the morning, is an extremely strong indication that snow fell during the night.

DNA evidence is another example of circumstantial evidence that can be very powerful or very weak. DNA evidence involves comparing DNA found somewhere against a known sample of someone’s DNA. If they match, it is almost certain that the found DNA was the person’s DNA. If a person’s DNA is found at a crime scene, this might be very strong evidence that the person committed the crime. For example, if a suspect in a murder case claims he did not know the victim and had never been to the person’s house, but the suspect’s DNA is in the house, this could be strong proof that the suspect committed the crime. But if the suspect is a husband accused of killing his wife, and if the husband lived in the house, the fact that his DNA was found in the house may prove nothing.

The point is that circumstantial evidence can be strong or weak depending on the specific facts of the case.
On the other hand, direct evidence is not always strong. We know, for example, that eye witness testimony can be highly unreliable if the witness is describing a sudden and unexpected event. Many studies have shown this, and the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has even recognized that an expert witness may be allowed to testify about how unreliable eyewitness testimony can be.

In Texas state and federal courts, the law does not require direct evidence to prove guilt. Circumstantial evidence alone can be enough. In appeals in both Texas state and federal criminal cases, the Jackson v. Virginia standard applies. The Jackson standard says that all of the evidence in the case, viewed in the light most favorable to the verdict, must be enough so that a reasonable person could find that the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Courts of appeal do not divide the evidence into the categories of direct and circumstantial evidence when considering the sufficiency of the evidence. Instead, they consider the evidence as a whole in light of all of the facts of the case to see whether it meets the standard.

The Jackson standard can be very difficult to apply unless you are an experienced criminal appeals lawyer. When challenging the sufficiency of the evidence, a criminal appeals lawyer in Texas must be able to explain in writing to a court of appeals why all of the evidence at trial would not be enough to meet this standard. This can be difficult to do, but it is not always impossible.

When did you personally know he was a selfish “player” for the Texans? Just curious about this post.
So you have known he is a selfish player for a full year.

You are light years ahead of us. Lol.
Maybe he forgot, but steelbtexan used to go on about the way Watson would sulk on the bench when the game wasn’t going his way. He would contrast it to the other QBs who would rally their teams on the sidelines. Not only giving pep talks but actively watching & encouraging the defense or STs.

I know that argument can be knocked down & batted around all kinds of ways. & at the time I thought there wasn’t enough evidence to support or refute steelbtexan’s opinion.

But now, yeah I can easily believe he thought Watson was selfish, even back then.

Doesn't make sense. He's still got to face charges.

If it’s criminal yes, civil can be a whole different animal as it can be very hard to sue across state lines. My personal theory is that’s why he wanted traded so fast at the beginning before this came out. And yes I know the NFL would have nixed it but if you are Watson and you are desperate to get away you might not be checking on the finer details. Just my theory.

Last edited:
I don’t know. I’m beginning to think that when the Texans went from saying they arent trading him to implying they are open to the idea, at that moment the NFL stepped in like the Men in Black. Ever since then the DW issue has been treated as “ nothing has changed from yesterday”. With so many options at their disposal yet nothing is moving I really believe the NFL is calling the shots because of the gravity of the issues.

I don’t know that they ever really were going to trade him but that doesn’t mean they didn’t start listening to offers to see if they were offered a Cadillac deal. I get calls all the time to buy my house, I’m not looking to sell so I always say “500k cash and it’s yours”. No one ever takes me up on it but if someone did I’d take it. Think the Texans were doing the same with the 3 firsts and 2 seconds offer.

Bullshit.. B.S flag on that post.. NO ONE knew Deshuan Watson was this, not even you
I'm already on record. Based on his public demeanor and reputation, if anyone predicted Watson would be capable of this behavior without ever meeting the man or spending any significant time with him is wasting their god given talent on this mediocre NFL team and on something as insignificant as sports. They should be out helping the world predict and prevent future crimes.

I'm already on record. Based on his public demeanor and reputation, if anyone predicted Watson would be capable of this behavior without ever meeting the man or spending any significant time with him is wasting their god given talent on this mediocre NFL team and on something as insignificant as sports. They should be out helping the world predict and prevent future crimes.

But, but... he pouted on the sideline during games when things weren't going his way!

But, but... he pouted on the sideline during games when things weren't going his way!
Don't forget him running to the bench and cuddling up next to Mahomes. That should have also been a clear sign of his need to get unnecessarily close to people. :kitten:

Thinking about this. I would have paid good money to see Watson and O'Brien going at it like O'Brien and Brady did..

Yep, who would have thought his selfishness on the field would've carried over to his personal life to this extent.

That was in response to thinking Watson was selfish.

My post had nothing to do with any clairvoyance concerning internal anal massages or ghost PIs that informed the McNairs.

It’s true public reputation wise the guy was spotless, it’s a big part of why when it was just 1or 2 women no one could have believed it. Even going so far as to think the Texans, widely considered some of the dumbest people in football, would be able to craft a Lex Luther level plan to destroy his reputation.

The truly ironic part is that if Watson had just limited it to a select few women then he would be off scot free right now. It’s the shear number of accusers that even the most die hard Watson defenders are having trouble finding an answer to.

Sexual assault or not, that’s for the courts to decide, the man has a fetish and an addiction and like all addictions it’s done irreparable damage to his life and reputation. It’s actually really sad.

That being said this is a football team not an AA meeting so I hope the Texans either make him play or get a kings ransom. Let him go to therapy on his own time.

Watson was not selfish on the field. Stop it. I guess Mahomas is selfish too huh
I would make the point of where Watson ranked among QBs with the most check downs, but that would lead to arguments of what PFF considers a check down or is it a check down if he held the ball too long. At this point, it's not worth the effort and I don't care about getting into why was AJ McCarran able to score on an opening drive in a meaningless week 17 game. Been there, done that.

This is why I think the PI's told Cal what was going on in this POS life long before complaints were filed.

Again , there were no PI's ... if you recall it was Momma Watson who went to Janice crying about him messing with all them Instagram hoes ..... that got Easterby involved & the mandate from above to trade DHop.

Remember this post from October 22 , 2020 ?

Instrgram

hoe-clipart-1.jpg

and

mother_goose.jpg

Drama

Again , there were no PI's ... if you recall it was Momma Watson who went to Janice crying about him messing with all them Instagram hoes ..... that got Easterby involved & the mandate from above to trade DHop.

Remember this post from October 22 , 2020 ?

Not disagreeing with you.

Hopkins claimed the Texans had PI's following him.

Not disagreeing with you.

Hopkins claimed the Texans had PI's following him.

I don't recall this but if he did then how would he know it was a PI and not just paparazzi or some weird fan? And if it was a PI how would he know the Texans hired them and not some of the various women he was in a relationship with looking for something to take him to court for? That's assuming anyone at all was following him.

I read it on here

This is what Hopkins was claiming when he was trashing the Texans after he was traded.

I must have missed that post ..... and I read damn near everything on this forum.

Either way , its a complete farce , there were no PI's following him around , he wasn't hiding what he did and there was really nothing wrong with it either ....

The problem was Watson's mother being upset that he went from having one respectable high class girlfriend to a bunch of Instagram hoes.

Turns out Momma Watson was right ..... Look what messing with a buncha women on Instagram has him in now.

I must have missed that post ..... and I read damn near everything on this forum.

Either way , its a complete farce , there were no PI's following him around , he wasn't hiding what he did and there was really nothing wrong with it either ....

The problem was Watson's mother being upset that he went from having one respectable high class girlfriend to a bunch of Instagram hoes.

Turns out Momma Watson was right ..... Look what messing with a buncha women on Instagram has him in now.
I wonder how she feels about all this now.

The only P.I. / Texans story that I recall is from the S.I. article about Easterby and an unnamed player making the accusation.

Nuk never said much about anything, iirc.

Back