Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Schaub injured (update)

On the bright side, the schedule still isn't very difficult and if Leinart can at least be average we'll still win the division.

I think Leinart will surprise people, he's no Schaub but i don't think he was given a fair shake in Arizona and think he'll be out to prove he can be a good QB in this league.

Think of it like USC. Foster, Tate at running back, Andre at wide receiver, an abundance of tight ends and solid possession receivers.

If he plays within the offense like he did at USC we can win with him.

I would be ecstatic with average. I'm preparing myself, however, for David Carr levels of disappointment.

Does this mean we are going to have to settle for 10 point margins of victory instead of 20?

Seriously though, can Leinart:

Hand the ball off to Foster? Check
Hand the ball off to Tate? Check
Throw a short pass to Foster? Check
Mix in some throws to Dre and Daniels? I believe he can.

I'm actually a little excited to see what kind of game Leinart brings to the table with our starting offense in tact around him. I'll give you a hint, its going to be similar to what we have been doing, RUN RUN RUN RUN PA. And this is coming from a big Schaub fan and someone who thought he might have been having his best season.

I LOVE the fact that the Titans and even the Jags think this is all but eliminating us from the division title. Won't happen. We are still cruising to 1st place. Defense and running game are playing too well and we have legit weapons in the passing game. Now what kind of seeding and how far we go in the playoffs are going to be determined by how well Leinart plays. I hate that we have to wait a week to find out.

Team should still be able to win without the better Matt 1.

Matt 2 can't be that bad that he makes everyone else on the team worse. Including the defense.

The Titans, Jags, and Colts still are not better than this team without Schaub currently. I don't expect to make a run at the superbowl though, but I never really expected that this year.

50957550.jpg

Relax bro's, I got this!

Holy crap, this is priceless. Someone needs to turn this picture into a meme that says something like:

"Everybody chill the f#(k out, I got this"

Does this mean we are going to have to settle for 10 point margins of victory instead of 20?

I'm actually a little excited to see what kind of game Leinart brings to the table with our starting offense in tact around him. I'll give you a hint, its going to be similar to what we have been doing, RUN RUN RUN RUN PA. And this is coming from a big Schaub fan and someone who thought he might have been having his best season.

I LOVE the fact that the Titans and even the Jags think this is all but eliminating us from the division title. Won't happen. We are still cruising to 1st place. Defense and running game are playing too well and we have legit weapons in the passing game. Now what kind of seeding and how far we go in the playoffs are going to be determined by how well Leinart plays. I hate that we have to wait a week to find out.

Lol agreed. Those guys are dancing around thinking it's their shot now. Texans ran over both of those teams quite easily.

Jacoby was just now learning how to catch the ball with a clockwise rotation.. now what is he going to do when the ball is spinning counterclockwise

:kubepalm:

:kitten::bender:

Hah...I have a friend that played WR in D1, and he said that catching a lefty ball isn't really any different with the exception that it looks weird seeing the guy throw it. I could see how that would still hinder Jacoby though...

I don't remember it being that way at all a few weeks ago. I remember several threads where Schaub was blatantly bashed and discussions centered around the idea that he was a choker and how we needed to draft a new QB in the next season.

Well, now people can see what this team is like without the guy and quite possibly they'll learn to appreciate him even though he isn't some high end clutch guy or elite QB. Or maybe they'll love the new team without him. Only time will tell, but Leinart will be the guy that dictates those decisions unfortunately.

Are you hoping for Lienart to fail just so "we" will see how "good" Schaub really is?

I like Schaub, but I know he has limitations & his arm strength is the least of them.

But can we please..... please, rally around our team?

Success for Lienart = success for this team = success for Houston = success for us fans.

Trying to look at this unemotionally which is practically impossible but -
1. Leinart, at one time, had some great skills
2. Kubiak is a QB coaching guru. I think that is true even if I don't believe he is the greatest head coach in the world.
3.If anyone can make Leinart successful in the NFL, it is Kubiak.
4.Given all of the backup QBs we have had, I'd rather put the next few weeks in Leinart's hands than any of the others.

And because I can't really be Little Mary Sunshine -
5. If Schaub can't come back for the play offs we are screwed.

I'm going on record right now as saying that Matt "Hot Tub" Leinart is gonna EXPLODE over the last six weeks of this season netting us either a first round pick in trade after the season or a legitimate QB controversy.

He's older, he's wiser, and he's in the perfect offense for his abilities. All we've seen him do is play with scrubs and backups in preseason. Now he's going to have the first team offense to work with and two weeks to prepare for his return to prominence in the NFL. This is gonna be the comeback story that Bob McNair wanted to see out of David Carr. It's gonna have everything! Action! Adventure! Thrills! Chills! Women in bikinis! Women no longer in bikinis! Playoff WINS and an eventual Super Bowl victory followed by Matt Leinart standing in front of a camera at mid-field covered in confetti mumbling something about Disneyland while staring at Erin Andrews tits.

I **** you not. This is about to get Crazy-Epic!

When I get home I'm gonna Photoshop Leinart's face over the "Mayhem like me" guy in my avatar. Really "You're good!"

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Texans quarterback Matt Schaub is out for the season with a lis franc injury. Matt Leinart from here on in.

omg why why why

You guys are all going into panic mode way too easily. Think about all the guys we lost this year and how we have gotten better as a team each time they go down! We obviously have the best depth in the NFL and should be a lock for the #1 or #2 seed now!

:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Texans quarterback Matt Schaub is out for the season with a lis franc injury. Matt Leinart from here on in.

omg why why why

Yeah that was what I was fearing. Yeah well screw it. Matt Leinart for comeback player of the year. :bender:

I'm going on record right now as saying that Matt "Hot Tub" Leinart is gonna EXPLODE over the last six weeks of this season netting us either a first round pick in trade after the season or a legitimate QB controversy.

He's older, he's wiser, and he's in the perfect offense for his abilities. All we've seen him do is play with scrubs and backups in preseason. Now he's going to have the first team offense to work with and two weeks to prepare for his return to prominence in the NFL. This is gonna be the comeback story that Bob McNair wanted to see out of David Carr. It's gonna have everything! Action! Adventure! Thrills! Chills! Women in bikinis! Women no longer in bikinis! Playoff WINS and an eventual Super Bowl victory followed by Matt Leinart standing in front of a camera at mid-field covered in confetti mumbling something about Disneyland while staring at Erin Andrews tits.

I **** you not. This is about to get Crazy-Epic!

When I get home I'm gonna Photoshop Leinart's face over the "Mayhem like me" guy in my avatar. Really "You're good!"

And the congregation said "Amen".

I mean damn, we went from talking about having the number one seed in the playoffs, to losing our starting QB for the season in the same day. I swear this literally ruined my day. :(

My biggest concern is Lienart trying too hard to prove something. This is a QB friendly system, if Lienart doesn't play outside of the system, we should be ok..... just like you said.

We're going to see what kind of coach Gary Kubiak is.

I think the fact that he's been able to keep these guys together is nothing short of amazing. They all play hard & seem to play hard for him.

I thought, in Sept that Kubiak was a good HC, but he needed to prove it. I thought getting to the AFC Championship game would prove it.

Now, with Schaub out, the time we've missed from Andre, Arian, Tate.... if we win this division, I think that should be proof enough that Kubiak is a good HC.

If Schaub comes back for the play-offs, I still expect to kick ass in the post season.

Schefter said Lisfranc injury.....

CND, heeeellllpppp!!!!

We don't need CND to tell us lisfranc = f.u.c.t.

Treatment options include operative or non-operative treatment. If the dislocation is less than 2 mm, the fracture can be managed with casting for 6 weeks. The patient's injured limb cannot bear weight during this period. For operative treatment, screws +/- k-wire will be used for internal fixation of the fracture after closed or more likely open reduction. Again, the patient's injured limb should not bear weight for approximately 6–12 weeks. The screws/k-wires are usually removed later, sometimes before weight bearing.

Minimum 6 weeks it looks like?

In the other Schaub Injury thread, I tried to prepare you all for something more serious than just a routine mild sprain by pointing out that the boot was not consistent with this type of injury. I suggested that it had to be a more severe Grade II or a Grade III sprain, the latter in which you would need to rule out an accompanying fracture. If it IS a Lisfranc fracture, don't count on Schaub coming back this season.

Non-operative (in the case of a stable fracture) or operative treatment would require 6-8 weeks totally non-bearing. No way does he return then. He would just be beginning rehab at that time. Strengthening takes time, especially after this type of injury which is accompanied by ligament damage.
If the injury requires surgery, Schaub would probably not be allowed to return to sports until the hardware is removed, which is usually not before 3-6 months after the original operation.

A Lisfranc injury can be a devastating injury which can lead to debilitating chronic pain and progressive arthritic problems. I hope that this is not the case.

I hope Matt Leinart is listening to all of this criticism. We have an offense that fits his skill set. He doesn't have to be Aaron Rodgers with the play action game we have. As long as he trusts the play and goes with it then I don't see us skipping a beat.

ShaneBattier Shane Battier
I am proud to announce this over twitter. I am coming out of retirement to help the Texans playoff push.

This team is absolutely snake bitten. I think first or second in the AFC is pretty much out the window at this point.

The team is currently 7-3 and I think they can definitely beat Indy and Jacksonville. That gets them to 9 wins. The rest of the games will be tougher. I see losses to Atlanta and Cincy now. That puts them at 9-5. I think it comes down to Carolina and Tennessee. I think they can get 1 of the 2 they go to 10-6.

I had them at 10-6 before the season and will stick with 10-6 now.

Are you hoping for Lienart to fail just so "we" will see how "good" Schaub really is?

I like Schaub, but I know he has limitations & his arm strength is the least of them.

But can we please..... please, rally around our team?

Success for Lienart = success for this team = success for Houston = success for us fans.

Stop putting words.

People have bashed Schaub a lot this season and have wanted him gone or advocated that the Texans find a new QB after this season. Well, they're getting their wish much earlier and now he's gone. I do believe that you were one of them if I'm not mistaken after the Raiders game. I really don't care. Bottom line is that you should be happy now, because Schaub won't be out there.

I'm not happy about this because Schaub has proven to be a damn good good top 10 QB. However, I have confidence in Leinart in this offense and I don't see this as the end of the world. His skill set is very similar to Leinart's skill set and if he can make good decisions and make accurate throws which he has always been as a passer than we should be alright and still be pretty competitive. That's a big "IF" though.

Brown and Winston may switch positions... a lot of teams typically do this with lefties. Whether or not they can implement such a change in 2 weeks, that's another story.

Hell, no. Keep them where they are. Don't change a thing.

This offensive line and its chemistry is one of the things that might be able to save us. (Along with the running game and the defense.)

Defense & running game.....

We sound like the Jaguars..

Yes but they don't really have a good running game this year and don't have Andre Johnson.

Teams can stack the box against the Jags, they can't and won't against the Texans if Andre is out there. They still have to respect the PA also.

Time to see how bad Leinart wants an NFL career.

The league is QB hungry right now, loads of teams in need of an upgrade around so if Leinart can show that he's improved in his time sitting then he has the chance to get a starting job somewhere.

For Texecutioner, I was one of those who had stated that the time for the Texans to look to draft their future starting QB is coming, Schaub has his limitations and while he's good there is the opportunity to upgrade at some stage. The Texans may well have the luxury of spending mid-round picks on developmental QB projects within the next few years, so why the hell wouldn't they start looking? How many teams draft their franchise QB at the first attempt? How many teams wait years behind the likes of Alex Smith while other teams like the Packers or the Pats have maintained success because despite having great QB's they've been grooming the next man up well in advance, I mean, if you can get rid of future HOF Brett Farve and end up with Superbowl rings then you can damn sure try grooming someone behind Matt Schaub.

Don't confuse that with a belief that getting rid of Matt Schaub should be the Texans' top priority right now. Although I'm pleased that on learning this terrible news that could put paid to YOUR teams best shot yet at winning it all, you have found time to point score. Well done Sir.

I'll take someone who can't toss a ball two feet into a little hole, that is not football.
Hints why it is called and arcade game.

I honestly have no idea how he will do, I could easily see it going either way but this is no indication.

I was only being half serious. The verdict on Leinart is still out and I'll be rooting for him to salvage his career with this opportunity. I say that because all we know about Leinart is that he has sucked in the past and will continue to suck until he shows us otherwise. If he marches us into the playoffs and does the position justice I'll proudly eat a serving of crow the size of Texas and give him earned props. Until then, he is just another doofus, bust QB from SoCal.

Stop putting words.

People have bashed Schaub a lot this season and have wanted him gone or advocated that the Texans find a new QB after this season. Well, they're getting their wish much earlier and now he's gone. I do believe that you were one of them if I'm not mistaken after the Raiders game. I really don't care. Bottom line is that you should be happy now, because Schaub won't be out there.

I'm not happy about this because Schaub has proven to be a damn good good top 10 QB. However, I have confidence in Leinart in this offense and I don't see this as the end of the world. His skill set is very similar to Leinart's skill set and if he can make good decisions and make accurate throws which he has always been as a passer than we should be alright and still be pretty competitive. That's a big "IF" though.

I hear yahoos calling local radio shows all the time blathering on about hating Schaub and it makes me want to jump through the radio to pimp slap them.

I haven't seen it a whole lot in the forum, but I don't read every single thread.

I've argued that he's top 10 when you objectively look at the 32 starting QBs in the league.

I'm not sure how to process this, though, because the only impression we have on Leinart is less than positive.

And with low confidence in Kubiak, I just can't blindly believe that his judgment about our backup QB will 100% be sound.

Obviously, I certainly hope Kubiak is right in keeping Leinart. It's going to be a much longer two weeks than previously anticipated.

Just saw the breaking news on this and I think I'm going to throw up.

For the love of all that's good and holy in this world, blow that damn Astrodome up and exorcise the demons!!!

Back