Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Schaub injured (update)

TexansFanatic

Extremist
I heard Schaub was seen leaving the stadium yesterday in a boot.

I'm hearing noise today that he broke his foot and will be lost for the remainder of the season but the Texans haven't announced it yet.

Don't want to be spreading wildly unfounded and disturbing rumors, but I'd like to know if anyone else has heard anything....

Last edited:
I just got a text that said the same thing. Broken foot, out for year. Information was not assured at all, but I hated to see your post.

Good grief, I might lose it if true.

I'd say based on what I've read is that the rumor started with someone close to Kubiak as per what Lance is restating. Wasn't Schaub on the 610 morning show?

Very possible that the initial diagnosis was a rolled ankle, but x-rays revealed a broken bone.

Will Kubiak get run out of town for leaving his pro bowl quarterback on the field late in a blowout victory?

:kubepalm:

Wow... if that turns out to be true... just wow... how much more bad luck can a city have?

Well, if it`s true, than time for Leinart to prove his worth. He had some time to sit and learn - this right now would determine his future in the NFL... I´m just glad that it isn`t Orlovsky we would have to rely on.

Sucks if true

But to get into the Kubes state of mind " I feel sorry for schaub he was playing his best football but this is the NFL these things can happen all we can do now is Rally behind Matt lineart" Next man up

I think you all need to settle down. Read the post game quotes, not even a hint about his injury. I would think that if there was even a GLIMMER of concern it would have been asked.

Schaub was even asked about his concerns:

(On if there are any areas of concern) “Well, we are playing well as a team. Offensively we are controlling the line of scrimmage, our offensive line and tight ends are playing extremely well and we’re making big plays. We have some playmakers on this offense. Defensively, we’re playing really well. They are holding teams, making them turn the ball over. They are just playing exceptional football; we are getting some plays on our special [teams]. So as far as holes, we just got to go out and focus on playing well every week. It’s so tough to win in this league, but we are just fortunate to get our seventh win here in a tough place to play.”

Nowhere do I see the words "MRI"

Furthermore this doesn't sound like a guy worried about his health status:

(On being 7-3 going into the bye week) “It’s a great feeling for our team. With the bye week here, [and being] seven and three with six games to play. We get a little break here because we have been going strong since the start of training camp. It’s some much needed rest for a lot of guys, and the coaching staff. We’ll come back off the bye and be ready to go. “

I heard Schaub was seen leaving the stadium yesterday in a boot.

I'm hearing noise today that he broke his foot and will be lost for the remainder of the season but the Texans haven't announced it yet.

Don't want to be spreading wildly unfounded and disturbing rumors, but I'd like to know if anyone else has heard anything....

The boot part is unquestionably true. If the broken foot thing came from the Matt Thomas show, then it was likely the result of Matt's producer (or some other station employee) making fun of a caller (with an IQ I'd estimate somewhere in the mid-teens) who called up and said his cousin was Mario's best friend and claimed to have inside info.

If that's it, it's a total false alarm - wasn't even pretending to be accurate.

There's nothing to believe this rumor is true until we hear it from Kubes himself in roughly 20 minutes.

I hope its not true "knocks on wood"

But if it is lets start who will be our QB Already LOL

say Lienart and Yates dont work out

WHat Old Vet QB sittin on the couch F/A or other team whatever DO we need to get LOL

I say David Garrard LOL if hes recoverd from his surgery by now that would be crazy for him to go aganist the Jags In 2 weeks LOL

Schaub's last play was the 11yd TD run by Tate, no way he goes back out there for that series which was all run plays if he has a broken foot.

I can't see how this is true, at least I am really hoping this isn't true.

Well, if this is true, all those who have been bitching about Schaub are fixing to find out how important to this team he really is.

Well, if this is true, all those who have been bitching about Schaub are fixing to find out how important to this team he really is.

I may be wrong, but I've always thought that those questioning Schaub were well aware if his importance to the team - at least this year - but instead wondered about whether he was the right fit long term.

Either way, let's hope he's alright.

I may be wrong, but I've always thought that those questioning Schaub were well aware if his importance to the team - at least this year - but instead wondered about whether he was the right fit long term.

Either way, let's hope he's alright.

Yes, let's hope that. I really don't want to trust Hot Tub Boy with this team. Not right now. Not when we are finally making our move.

Kubes just used the words "significant foot injury" at the podium.

He WILL miss some time. Matt L to start in Jax.

noooo.gif

This blows if true.

It's the bye week. They've got an extra week to get Matty out of the hot tub and onto the field. At there's that working in our favor. Leinhart is good enough with two weeks of practice to throw a few passes and hand the ball off.

Well the one day of feeling good about the team sure was fun, but now I feel like my dog died. :( :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Now all the Schaub haters will see how much he means to this team.

Finally get Foster back at 100% and Andre goes down. Now were gonna get Andre back Schaub goes down. What did we do to deserve this?!?! Texans are the Rockets of the Mcgrady and Yao era :(

The first thing I thought when I heard Kubiak say "significant" and "miss some games" was that the rumors were true. No one ever says what the actual weeks out are going to be. I think I'm going to cry.

Didn't Roethlisberger play with a broken foot?

Back