Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Say Goodby to-

This is a hard year for me to get a good feel on the DE's. I think there are loads of talented pass rushers in the first couple rounds so that will play out really well for us. I'm having trouble distinguishing some of the 4-3 DE's from the 3-4 OLB's.

Orakpo (long gone), George Selvie, Everrette Brown all seem like they'll be best suited for 3-4 imo. People can disagree with me if they want. Orakpo is probably good enough to play in either base defense and Brown probably has that possibility too. I wouldn't look at Selvie in the 1st b/c he's a pure pass rusher. The 1st round isn't good for a situational player like that, I'd rather have an everydown player. Greg Hardy and Michael Johnson looke like 4-3 ends to me and should be available at our pick.

I'm high on the Raji bandwagon but if he's gone before our pick, I wouldn't be too against Taylor Mays and then hoping a viable NT or DE falls to us in the 2nd round.

What are people's thoughts on Brandon Graham from Michigan? I havn't gotten to see him on a single play but he might be a possibility in the 2nd or so.

I think impact players are what's needed and when you pick lower you have to be more flexible . I would take Everette Brown at 20 because at the very worst he could be a pass rushing DE . I wouldn't touch a player who's motors questioned .

I think this staff is smarter than to get another Babin-type of player that doesn't really fit. And I know they're smarter than to trade up for him!

This is a hard year for me to get a good feel on the DE's. I think there are loads of talented pass rushers in the first couple rounds so that will play out really well for us. I'm having trouble distinguishing some of the 4-3 DE's from the 3-4 OLB's.

Orakpo (long gone), George Selvie, Everrette Brown all seem like they'll be best suited for 3-4 imo. People can disagree with me if they want. Orakpo is probably good enough to play in either base defense and Brown probably has that possibility too. I wouldn't look at Selvie in the 1st b/c he's a pure pass rusher. The 1st round isn't good for a situational player like that, I'd rather have an everydown player. Greg Hardy and Michael Johnson looke like 4-3 ends to me and should be available at our pick.

I'm high on the Raji bandwagon but if he's gone before our pick, I wouldn't be too against Taylor Mays and then hoping a viable NT or DE falls to us in the 2nd round.

What are people's thoughts on Brandon Graham from Michigan? I havn't gotten to see him on a single play but he might be a possibility in the 2nd or so.
I've been looking at Graham also. Walters have him going to us in 2nd but that was couple weeks ago.

Graham has been kind of streaky. Getting 3 sacks one game, then a 3 game dry spell, then another 3 sack game.

It's hard to argue against 21 TFL and 10 sacks BUT:

His 2, 3 sack games were against Wisconsin and Michigan State.

Are you really impressed with him tearing up Eric Vandenheuvel?

His only sack against serious competition was at Ohio State against Alex Boone.

Then there's his size. 6'1 7/8 with blazing 4.75 speed.

I don't think he can play 4-3 DE at the pro level. He will drop 15-20 pounds(270) and try to run something around a 4.6 so a 3-4 team will look at him.

The best are Mayock & Kirwan

Mayock watches more film than anybody. He is this generations Buschbaum.

Kirwan has more contacts with GM's & Scouts than anybody.

If you listen to them both after the combine you should have a pretty good idea how the draft is going to fall.

who's the best passrusher (that has a possibility to be here at 20 ish) from the bunch?

From what I've seen this week, and with Orakpo and Brown probably off the board, that'd be the small school guy from Richmond...Sidbury. If we're lucky he'll be there in the second round....might make it to the third. I'd move down and take him at twenty. Pick up the extra picks.

What you know for a fact is the guys best football is ahead of him. He needs to learn how to abchor against the rush. But he has very long arms and big hands. I think we should stay at fifteen and take the high end outside LB first and then Sidbury. LB, DE, whatever in the third...Running Back.... fill in with the last three. I reallly liked Clay Mathews work the last two days. I like Diles and his back up. No way though I'd go to war with just those two. If Diles snaps his leg again , we're sunk.

I can't understand why so many people keep talking about William Moore for the first round. Just because he is the best safety in the draft possibly doesn't mean that he will be that good of one where he'll be worth a 15th pick. NO WAY. I'd take him with the 2nd, but he'll be gone and I don't want to trade down to make him our first pick either. I'd rather get a safety in the 2nd or 3rd possibly, and see if we can find a gem. We need a for sure can't miss stud with our first pick at any defensive position we can get one at.

I can't understand why so many people keep talking about William Moore for the first round. Just because he is the best safety in the draft possibly doesn't mean that he will be that good of one where he'll be worth a 15th pick. NO WAY. I'd take him with the 2nd, but he'll be gone and I don't want to trade down to make him our first pick either. I'd rather get a safety in the 2nd or 3rd possibly, and see if we can find a gem. We need a for sure can't miss stud with our first pick at any defensive position we can get one at.

If you are considered the best player at your position then you will most likely get selected higher than you should because of team need.

It's just the way of things.

Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
BJ Raji, DT
Evertte Brown, DE

hello to-

Rey Maualuga, LB
Peria Jerry, DT
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Say Goodby to BJ Raji & Evertte Brown. hello to Peria Jerry & Rey Maualuga

dropped Michael Johnson, Duke Robinson & William Moore

If you are considered the best player at your position then you will most likely get selected higher than you should because of team need.

It's just the way of things.

I know this, but just because the Texans have a NEED at safety doesn't mean that they should just go out and use an early pick on a guy that probably won't ever be a premier safety when they can get a premier player at another position that can help the team.

I'd be royally ticked if we took William Moore in the first round.

I know this, but just because the Texans have a NEED at safety doesn't mean that they should just go out and use an early pick on a guy that probably won't ever be a premier safety when they can get a premier player at another position that can help the team.

I'd be royally ticked if we took William Moore in the first round.

I don't see it happening.

The internet mock drafters see that we need a safety so they plug in their top one to our pick regardless of whether he should go there or not.

You have to love mock drafters though. They keep everybody interested for the 4 months leading up to the draft. They always come out with a mock, then change it in the next one, then alter it some more, just to keep everybody intrigued. Mel Kiper's career is doing this crap and he's not even that good at it. I believe he got 4 or 5 picks right in the 1st round last year and he usually hovers around like 32% accuracy. He does belongs at ESPN all right.

Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG

I half expect kubiak to draft Brandon Pettigrew and that will be a cool pick by my reckoning .

Pettigrew is a good player, but I'd be happy if we gave Chase Coffman a look. Know we haven't seen it but it'd be great to see the mismatches a 2 TE set featuring Daniels and Coffman.

Back