hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG

I have no problem with this. Give me Duke Robinson or William Moore and I am a happy man.

Also, say goodbye to 6 years, 20+ million, and hello to 4 years 12+ million. :)

I have no problem with this. Give me Duke Robinson or William Moore and I am a happy man.

Also, say goodbye to 6 years, 20+ million, and hello to 4 years 12+ million. :)

yes, it's time to move on. I'm sick & tired of having a Top 10 pick cause that means Texans suck. now we can focus on football players straight up who fill most pressing roster needs. Guard/Center OL. OLB who can pass rush/run stop/cover. CB always a need. FS playmaker.

yes, it's time to move on. I'm sick & tired of having a Top 10 pick cause that means Texans suck. now we can focus on football players straight up who fill most pressing roster needs. Guard/Center OL. OLB who can pass rush/run stop/cover. CB always a need. FS playmaker.

I agree. I hope we never have a top 5 pick again and top 10 is quickly becoming just as expensive. I'd like us to focus on fundamentally sound FOOTBALL players where all they do is go out and play real football. In my opinion, we need to move measurables and 'upside' down a bit on the list.

I don't think we have a team yet where drafting a player with the hopes in a couple years he will progress into a great football player is a smart move. I think you can afford to do that after you already have a good football team and can let that player develop, get some game time experience and rotate him in and out. The last couple years and the next 1-2 should be guys that can play every single down. Hasn't happened in the past and I don't really expect anything to change.

All I know is I am (i) tired of seeing Schaub getting his head caved in and (ii) a 'lazy' looking defense. I want to see a mean D that gets after the ball carrier and hits the crud out of people.

I totally agree. I think priority #1 should be love of the game and knowledge of the game. Thats how you score guys like Demeco. He may not be the biggest or the fastest, but he is a student of the game and he loves to hit. THat moves him up on my list

Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG

I'll gladly accept that if we make it to 9-7. Although I've only heard of Laurinaitis and Cushing out of the people in this list.

I'll gladly accept that if we make it to 9-7. Although I've only heard of Laurinaitis and Cushing out of the people in this list.

this list only includes Seniors, no underclassmen until the commit to leave school.

Clint Sintim 6-3 254 Virginia is a football player who specialized in pass rush situations from his OLB position. he fits the 4-3 as a DE or 3-4 as OLB. most dominating rush linebacker in the country this season and led all linebackers in sacks with an average of 0.92 per game. He was second in the ACC in sacks and ninth in tackles for loss, while averaging 5.8 tackles per game. Sintim’s 13 sacks this season are fifth most in UVa history and the most ever by a linebacker.

William Moore is a big, 6-0 220 Missouri, physical FS. 11 career INT's excellent in run support would be a great fit fot this defense as Nick Ferguson next year will be his 10th season & CC Brown is a free agent coming of injury question mark?

Alphonso Smith, 5-09 190 Wake Forrest, one of the top rated CB's in the country. Texans need to resign Dunat Robinson first but with Molden grade incomplete & Bennett struggling in man coverage Alphonso is the kind of cover corner you can isolate on an island. good recovery speed with ball skills. First team All-ACC, led nation and the ACC with a school-record eight interceptions . . . Had three interception returns for touchdowns.

Brandon Pettigrew is a 6-6 260 TE for Oklahoma State. whats really special about him is he is like having another LT, he loves to block down in the trenches but at the same time he can run routes or just be a safety outlet. huge upgrade over Joel Dreessen or Mark Bruener who will probably retire. has no impact really on Owen Daniels who plays the slot. OSU coach Mike Gundy said. "You’ll find out who the All-Americans are at that position when they have draft day. You can pick whoever you want, but those guys they pick on draft day, all they’re concerned about is who’s gonna make plays for them at the next level. "That guy, he’s gonna make plays at the next level for a long time.”

George "Duke" Robinson is ALL-BIG 12 first team playing for national champion hopefull Oklahoma. has pro-bowl size 6-5 330 with nasty disposition something the Texans need to aquire more of, after watching that Steelers/Ravens game then Giants/Cowboys game all those championship aspiring teams are surprisingly weak on the offensive lines. QB's are getting killed, pocket protection is breaking down in seconds & the Texans need to still build in the trenches as they gain experience playing together as a unit. maybe the highest rated player @ his position on this very short list but because of position people think not worth a high pick, I disagree.

I think drafting Pettigrew would have a bigger impact on our offense than any other player.

We would be able to consistently run and pass out of two tight end sets.

I think drafting Pettigrew would have a bigger impact on our offense than any other player.

We would be able to consistently run and pass out of two tight end sets.

I disagree. We don't run 2 TE sets out of this type of offense. Also, TE is our probably one of our best positions. I think that Duke Robinson would be the biggest impact for our offense. With that said, we need to upgrade the defense.

From that short list I'll take Alphonso Smith. I don't like Laurinatis or Cushing (Cushing is highly overrated) and I don't know anything about Sintim. Brandon Pettigrew is great but I don't think we need a TE, and William Moore has been disappointing this year. Moore's got talent but wasn't very productive this year. Duke Robinson is a great guard but I don't think he'll fit the ZBS.

and William Moore has been disappointing this year. Moore's got talent but wasn't very productive this year.

Moore added ten LBS this last off season and in turn lost a half step or so it seems. He maybe advised by agents and trainers to drop the weight and try and regain the quickness. Right now he is almost the size of Adibi and he is faster.

Moore added ten LBS this last off season and in turn lost a half step or so it seems. He maybe advised by agents and trainers to drop the weight and try and regain the quickness. Right now he is almost the size of Adibi and he is faster.

My biased reasoning: He went to Mizzou...therefore, he must suck.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind adding him in the second round if he slips.

From that short list I'll take Alphonso Smith. I don't like Laurinatis or Cushing (Cushing is highly overrated) and I don't know anything about Sintim. Brandon Pettigrew is great but I don't think we need a TE, and William Moore has been disappointing this year. Moore's got talent but wasn't very productive this year. Duke Robinson is a great guard but I don't think he'll fit the ZBS.

Alphonso Smith makes plays on the ball. His size will limit what he can do to an extent, but still one hell of a player. I like Cushing, not Laurinatis. Sintim won't be a first rounder. Duke Robinson has the speed and athleticism to play ZBS and the strength to play in the NFL. Duke Robinson is a better OG prospect than Albert was last year. Duke Robinson is a pro-bowl OG waiting to happen; scheme means nothing to those elite level talents.

Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG

For a very deep draft in most rounds, the first round is suprisingly crap after the top 15. Might as well trade down as the only player worth first round money (maybe) is Cushing

I hope Charles Johnson is gone by the time we pick. Incredibly lazy player that will have inflated combine numbers

I don't like Laurinatis or Cushing (Cushing is highly overrated)

I agree, I don't really think that much of Cushing and at one point I'm sure he was doing roids blatantly enough to where he developed some tits. Pass. Honestly I think if we keep getting pushed farther and farther down in the draft we'll probably just grab a safety or a DL. I have a feeling Kubiak is going to be fine with an LB corps of Diles, Ryans, Adibi, with Bentley and Thompson and maaaaybe Greenwood being the backups.

Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG

Robinson is a stud .... probably the most NFL ready OL I've seen play all year . Would be an instant upgrade over Brisel (who has played pretty well of late) I was pretty harsh on him recently and after the past few games , I kinda think that he can hold the position pending the C position see's an upgrade. That would be the one position on the OL I would look to fix .

Pettigrew is an absolute beast . I wouldnt be against him wearing a Texans uniform, I just cant see taking him in the first round with OD on the roster.

As for Laurinatis , I think he's a bit over rated (just an opinion) .

Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG

I would like to add Alex Mack, C to the Hello list along with
B.J. Raji, DT,
Jermaine Grisham, TE
Jason Smith, OT
Brandon Spikes, LB
Russell Okung, OT

I don't know how many times I've got to post this...I don't care how fricken big he is. Or how fast he is....William Moore can not tackle. and we will not draft the guy for that reason. Same reason they won't draft Micheal Johnson.

I agree, I don't really think that much of Cushing and at one point I'm sure he was doing roids blatantly enough to where he developed some tits. Pass. Honestly I think if we keep getting pushed farther and farther down in the draft we'll probably just grab a safety or a DL. I have a feeling Kubiak is going to be fine with an LB corps of Diles, Ryans, Adibi, with Bentley and Thompson and maaaaybe Greenwood being the backups.

With no first step guy on board, Hello eight and eight. Either they've got to get more atheltic at LB , get a first step guy opposite Mario, or they've got to have the best Dbs in the league. You can't out score Manning and the colts. and judging by our division record the last two years, the Tacks and the Jags aren't that far behind the Colts either. They can't stand pat. At least not stand pat and expect to make a run in '09.

9-7 record is going to be early 20's. the Texans need to select bpa or trade down. take Duke Robinson for instance, who is to say not bpa #20-#23?

Can the Texans EXPECT to be as lucky without suffering injurys on the OL which is a big reason why the running & passing game has been so good of late?

Folks, fellow Texans fans, the Texans not only need to upgrade positions they still need to upgrade depth. By addressing OL in the 1st in back to back years, as crazy as it sounds, is not such a bad thing. addrerssing OL (RG) is a twofer, you get a starting upgrade while increasing depth helping Gibbs game plan for continued improvement. Unfortuante injury happens in the NFL, versatiltiy & flexability are key to winning late into the season/postseason. watching those Steeler or Giant teams poor OL performance it only takes one hit to finish Eli or Ben for the postseason if they're not more careful, I'm shocked how poor they are when they loose a starter on the OL, meaning even they don't have adequate depth. I would not bet anything but feel their playoff hopes are riding on luck & hope with franchise QB's in peril. lets build this thing right from the inside out & not fall into the same trap while we still have the chance. taking the premium interior OL later in the 1st rd. is a sound strategy. Duke Robinson, is an elite player that will be key to improving the Texans now & down the road. I'd be thrilled to draft him before other teams GM's/owners come to their senses & address key building block over a shiny new toy :texansam:

end of :rant:

9-7 record is going to be early 20's. the Texans need to select bpa or trade down. take Duke Robinson for instance, who is to say not bpa #20-#23?

Can the Texans EXPECT to be as lucky without suffering injurys on the OL which is a big reason why the running & passing game has been so good of late?

Folks, fellow Texans fans, the Texans not only need to upgrade positions they still need to upgrade depth. By addressing OL in the 1st in back to back years, as crazy as it sounds, is not such a bad thing. addrerssing OL (RG) is a twofer, you get a starting upgrade while increasing depth helping Gibbs game plan for continued improvement. Unfortuante injury happens in the NFL, versatiltiy & flexability are key to winning late into the season/postseason. watching those Steeler or Giant teams poor OL performance it only takes one hit to finish Eli or Ben for the postseason if they're not more careful, I'm shocked how poor they are when they loose a starter on the OL, meaning even they don't have adequate depth. I would not bet anything but feel their playoff hopes are riding on luck & hope with franchise QB's in peril. lets build this thing right from the inside out & not fall into the same trap while we still have the chance. taking the premium interior OL later in the 1st rd. is a sound strategy. Duke Robinson, is an elite player that will be key to improving the Texans now & down the road. I'd be thrilled to draft him before other teams GM's/owners come to their senses & address key building block over a shiny new toy :texansam:

end of :rant:
I have been saying this for awhile now. Its why I added these names to the list.
Alex Mack, C
B.J. Raji, DT,
Jason Smith, OT
Russell Okung, OT

Build from inside out. If the BPA is an OL then so b it. Schaub has shown if given time he can lead this team. We all know about his injury history. eeping him healthy is paramount to our success. I really like the idea of adding Mack. He is the kind of player that will start right away and play for the next 10 - 12 years at a high level.

I'm all for BPA

Hardy
Mack
Robinson
Raji
Cushing
JL

These guys should all be available when we pick. I like Mack, Robinson or Raji the best.

Mack is the perfect ZBS center (Big, Fast, Smart)

I have been saying this for awhile now. Its why I added these names to the list.
Alex Mack, C
B.J. Raji, DT,
Jason Smith, OT
Russell Okung, OT

Build from inside out. If the BPA is an OL then so b it. Schaub has shown if given time he can lead this team. We all know about his injury history. eeping him healthy is paramount to our success. I really like the idea of adding Mack. He is the kind of player that will start right away and play for the next 10 - 12 years at a high level.

Raji and Mack (as well as Robinson) have been on my list for quite a while.

I have a sneaking suspision that Raji goes much earlier that most here expect , especially if T.Cody returns to school next season , leaving Raji as the #1 DT in the draft. With a good combine Raji could work himself into the top 10.

I see Mack going somewhere around 21-24 in round 1 , If the Texans were to pick him in that range , I'd be pretty happy as C is what I believe to be the biggest weakness along the OL and Mack is without a doubt the best player at the position in this draft.

I'd definetly add Greg Hardy, Alex Mack and BJ Raji to the hello list of players available for us to draft. Greg Hardy has mental/attitude issues that I think any team will avoid in the 1st round and he can be had in the 2nd round. Alex Mack is a stud at C and is great in run blocking but needs a little work in pass blocking, good feet and hand techniques and worthy of a 1st round selection. BJ Raji is good as well but a little short I think and D-linemen have such a high bust factor to them, they scare me with a 1st round pick. I'm thinking we'll be drafting in the mid teens and Aaron Curry might still be available to us. My list of potential 1st round picks that the Texans should be very interested in.

Aaron Curry-OLB
Alex Mack-C
Taylor Mays-SS/FS
Vonta Davis-CB
B.J. Raji-DT

I'd take any of these guys in the 1st round with the possible exception of Raji for the above listed reasons.

I'd definetly add Greg Hardy, Alex Mack and BJ Raji to the hello list of players available for us to draft. Greg Hardy has mental/attitude issues that I think any team will avoid in the 1st round and he can be had in the 2nd round. Alex Mack is a stud at C and is great in run blocking but needs a little work in pass blocking, good feet and hand techniques and worthy of a 1st round selection. BJ Raji is good as well but a little short I think and D-linemen have such a high bust factor to them, they scare me with a 1st round pick. I'm thinking we'll be drafting in the mid teens and Aaron Curry might still be available to us. My list of potential 1st round picks that the Texans should be very interested in.

Aaron Curry-OLB
Alex Mack-C
Taylor Mays-SS/FS
Vonta Davis-CB
B.J. Raji-DT

I'd take any of these guys in the 1st round with the possible exception of Raji for the above listed reasons.

I like Vonte Davis but he is to much of a project at this point. Curry is the highest rated OLB int the draft by almost every scouting site out there. Its highly unlikely he will be around in the mid teens IMO. He is jsut to complete of a player.

If he comes out early Mark Herzlich is a LB that can drop down & be the speed rusher on passing downs that we have been looking for.

He is 6'4 and about 245 lbs. He has the frame to put on more weight.

He has been a standout on BC's defense this year & should be available when we pick.

If he comes out early Mark Herzlich is a LB that can drop down & be the speed rusher on passing downs that we have been looking for.

He is 6'4 and about 245 lbs. He has the frame to put on more weight.

He has been a standout on BC's defense this year & should be available when we pick.

2nd rd. :) Duke in 1st

Aaron Curry-OLB
Alex Mack-C
Taylor Mays-SS/FS
Vonta Davis-CB
B.J. Raji-DT

Mike Mayock has Curry rated his number one senior. He ain't getting out of the top seven.

I have been wanting Chung to be our ss/fs this whole time and dont get me wrong I like Mays he is just out of our range now. I agree with many of you in this post that we should go ol/dl with our first pick since Chung will more than likely become a 2 rounder

I have been wanting Chung to be our ss/fs this whole time and dont get me wrong I like Mays he is just out of our range now. I agree with many of you in this post that we should go ol/dl with our first pick since Chung will more than likely become a 2 rounder

I want whoever we have rated highest out of Chancellor, Chung, and Cook.

I think that would be Chung, but I also think he will go before our selection. We will be picking around 20 or so and I just don't see him falling to that spot. I think he goes in the top 42.

http://www.gbnreport.com/probowl.htm

Breakdown of 2008 Pro Bowl positional players, by draft status

Position Total Rd 1 Rd 2-3 Rd 4+ Total draftedTotal % drafted Not drafted
QB 6 3 2 0 5 83% 1
RB 6 5 0 1 6 100% 0
WR 8 4 2 1 7 88% 1
OT 6 4 1 0 5 83% 1
OG 6 3 1 0 4 67% 2
C 4 1 2 0 3 75% 1
TE 4 1 2 0 3 75% 1
FB 2 0 0 1 1 50% 1
DE 6 3 1 2 6 100% 0
DT 6 2 2 1 5 83% 1
OLB 6 3 2 0 5 83% 1
MLB 4 4 0 0 4 100% 0
CB 6 4 0 2 6 100% 0
S 6 2 4 0 6 100% 0
Total 76 39 19 8 66 87% 10

Last edited:
Mike Mayock has Curry rated his number one senior. He ain't getting out of the top seven.

Mike Mayock's Top twenty Seniors:

1. Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
2. Malcom Jenkins CB the OSU
3. Eugene Manroe OLT Virgina
4. Brandon Pettigrew Blocking TE Oklahoma State
5. Jason Smith OLT Baylor
6. Brain Orakpo DE Texas- (I knew I wasn't crazy)
7. Rey " I don't need another vowell Vanny" Maualga LB USC

8. B.J. Raji NT B.C.
9. Brain Cushing OLB USC
10. Tyson Jackson DE LSU
11. Micheal Oher OLT/OG Mississippi
12. Larry English DE/LB tweener Northern Ill.
13. James Laurinatis OLB the OSU
14. William Moore S Missiouri
15. Clint Sintim LB Viginia
16. Alphonzo Smith CB Wake Forest
17. Max Unger G/C Oregon
18. Rashad Johnson S Bama
19. Micheal Johnson DE (yeah right. tell me another one Mike) Georgia Tech
20. Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

Last edited:
This is just a pet peeve of mine since it is my name......but it is Brian, not Brain.

On the list:

Jason Smith can thank Duane Brown for all the money he is about to make. If we had not selected Brown in the first last year, Smith wouldn't be going in the first this year.

Larry English is slightly overrated, though he is a good player. Second round good.

Personally, I wouldn't even have Moore in the top 15 on that list.

http://www.gbnreport.com/probowl.htm

Breakdown of 2008 Pro Bowl positional players, by draft status

Position Total Rd 1 Rd 2-3 Rd 4+ Total draftedTotal % drafted Not drafted
QB 6 3 2 0 5 83% 1
RB 6 5 0 1 6 100% 0
WR 8 4 2 1 7 88% 1
OT 6 4 1 0 5 83% 1
OG 6 3 1 0 4 67% 2
C 4 1 2 0 3 75% 1
TE 4 1 2 0 3 75% 1
FB 2 0 0 1 1 50% 1
DE 6 3 1 2 6 100% 0
DT 6 2 2 1 5 83% 1
OLB 6 3 2 0 5 83% 1
MLB 4 4 0 0 4 100% 0
CB 6 4 0 2 6 100% 0
S 6 2 4 0 6 100% 0
Total 76 39 19 8 66 87% 10

Fair use there Mr Earl. this is legal:

Anyone wondering what all the fuss about the NFL draft is only has to take a look at players named to this year's Pro Bowl teams. Granted, the Pro Bowl voting isn't 100% science with players reputations sometimes counting as much, if not more, that actual on-field production; that is especially true this year with very unscientific fan polls - where anyone can vote early and vote often - counting for a third of the final totals. Still, the Pro Bowl is a reasonably accurate barometer of who the best players in the league are at this time. And what that barometer tells us is that just about all the top players in the league were indeed drafted and the majority came to their teams as premium picks.

This is just a pet peeve of mine since it is my name......but it is Brian, not Brain.

On the list:

Jason Smith can thank Duane Brown for all the money he is about to make. If we had not selected Brown in the first last year, Smith wouldn't be going in the first this year.

Larry English is slightly overrated, though he is a good player. Second round good.

Personally, I wouldn't even have Moore in the top 15 on that list.

Well big fella I know how much film Mayock watches. You on the other hand.....
and I only took one semester of typing and my spelling is terrible. You can down grade my posts on the account of that...good luck to on that one.

Well big fella I know how much film Mayock watches. You on the other hand.....
and I only took one semester of typing and my spelling is terrible. You can down grade my posts on the account of that...good luck to on that one.

I didn't see where I downgraded your post based on spelling. All I did was inject some of my opinions based on the list you presented.

I didn't see where I downgraded your post based on spelling. All I did was inject some of my opinions based on the list you presented.

Not my list. Mike Mayock's. He can be just as wrong as you or I or Rick Smith or John McClain. But I respect his listings. He watches film on these guys every day four hours a day five days a week. You or I are not going to beat that.

I believe he is just dead drop dead wrong on Micheal johnson. M. Johnson has a "don't touch him wth a ten foot pole" on my top seniors...We'll see.

another thingy: this guys rice bowl is based on his assement of college seniors. He just blew just about every internet draft guru out of the water with his posting. He didn't do this to get a stir out of everyone. Just like Pettigrew...I saw that one. Every down TE who can crush LBs blocking. And has very soft hands....all the internet guys don't have him in the first round.....somebody has missed here.

Up to you to figgure out who has missed. I'll put my chips on Mayock being ahead of the draft guru herd. And you can put your chips on yourself.

Last edited:
Mayock's list will change a lot (as will everybody's) in the next month as the bowl games are played and he gets one last look at these players. Then after all the games, he start watching more film than he has been and put more of his opinion into each list including undergraduates. I fully expect these names to constantly get jumbled around with each list he produces. It happens every year.

Mayock's list will change a lot (as will everybody's) in the next month as the bowl games are played and he gets one last look at these players. Then after all the games, he start watching more film than he has been and put more of his opinion into each list including undergraduates. I fully expect these names to constantly get jumbled around with each list he produces. It happens every year.

I'll give ya that Old Miss. But Pettigrew is on point. I'm not saying that he will go in the first. What I'm saying is Mayock has stuck his chin out on the guy. And he is way ahead of the curve here. So if he has a safety from Bum F. Egypt in his top safties, and we need a saftey.....I'm paying attention to the guy. He's basing the ranking on what he's seen on film. Not draft herd talk. The guys form Bama and Western Michagan must have some NFL talent. and I ain't going to blow a gasket if Smith and Kubiak agree and takes one of them over Moore or Mays.

Last edited:
Mayock becomes the man during week of practice @ the Senior Bowl. from there its to the Combine for another week of workouts, weigh-in & interviews all the while his draft board, everyone elses too, evolves into concrete mock draft form. love Pettigrews game, he's going to be a pro-bowl TE in the NFL for years to come, for providing blocking both @ the line & down the field as much as offensive numbers.

Not my list. Mike Mayock's. He can be just as wrong as you or I or Rick Smith or John McClain. But I respect his listings. He watches film on these guys every day four hours a day five days a week. You or I are not going to beat that.

I believe he is just dead drop dead wrong on Micheal johnson. M. Johnson has a "don't touch him wth a ten foot pole" on my top seniors...We'll see.

another thingy: this guys rice bowl is based on his assement of college seniors. He just blew just about every internet draft guru out of the water with his posting. He didn't do this to get a stir out of everyone. Just like Pettigrew...I saw that one. Every down TE who can crush LBs blocking. And has very soft hands....all the internet guys don't have him in the first round.....somebody has missed here.

Up to you to figgure out who has missed. I'll put my chips on Mayock being ahead of the draft guru herd. And you can put your chips on yourself.

I realize this is Mayock's list. You said that in the first post regarding it.

LOL at you for coming down on me because I think English is a second round prospect, and then you turn around and call him out on Johnson. I guess you're allowed to have your own opinions but I should just follow Mayock blindly?

I guess it's up to you to figure out who has missed since I'm incapable...

I'll give ya that Old Miss. But Pettigrew is on point. I'm not saying that he will go in the first. What I'm saying is Mayock has stuck his chin out on the guy. And he is way ahead of the curve here. So if he has a safety from BF Egypt in his top safties, and we need a saftey.....I'm paying attention to the guy. He's basing the ranking on what he's seen on film. Not draft herd talk. the guy form Bama and Western Michagan must have some NFL talent.

IMO Pettigrew is 1st rd talent. In fact there are 5 TE's with 1st or 2nd rd grades IMO.

Jermaine Gresham 6-5, 256 4.72 Oklahoma
Brandon Pettigrew 6-5, 260 4.80 Oklahoma State
Chase Coffman 6-5, 245 4.82 Missouri
Dennis Pitta 6-5, 250 4.70 BYU
Jared Cook 6-5, 242 4.70 South Carolina

If one of these guys were to slip to the 3rd round I would love for us to take him. All these guys would come in handy in the red zone.

I'll give ya that Old Miss. But Pettigrew is on point. I'm not saying that he will go in the first. What I'm saying is Mayock has stuck his chin out on the guy. And he is way ahead of the curve here. So if he has a safety from Bum F. Egypt in his top safties, and we need a saftey.....I'm paying attention to the guy. He's basing the ranking on what he's seen on film. Not draft herd talk. The guys form Bama and Western Michagan must have some NFL talent. and I ain't going to blow a gasket if Smith and Kubiak agree and takes one of them over Moore or Mays.

I forget which CB it was last year, he had rated #1 (of CB's) for a little bit while others including Kiper had the guy down at like #5. Eventually others copied Mayock and then they all shuffled around the cb's some more but Mayock isn't afraid to be the 1st to put his guy out there and I like that a lot. Brandon Flowers from Virg. Tech... that's who I was thinking of.

In anycase, I see these lists as fluid (along with mock drafts) but really what they do for most of us is gives us a good start in following some of the people that will at least be 1st DAY picks.

Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG
+ Everette Brown, DE
+ BJ Raji, DT

Brown's weight may be a concern (too light), but this guy can ball. And Raji is the NT we've been looking for.

Mike Mayock's Top twenty Seniors:

1. Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
2. Malcom Jenkins CB the OSU
3. Eugene Manroe OLT Virgina
4. Brandon Pettigrew Blocking TE Oklahoma State
5. Jason Smith OLT Baylor
6. Brain Orakpo DE Texas- (I knew I wasn't crazy)
7. Rey " I don't need another vowell Vanny" Maualga LB USC

8. B.J. Raji NT B.C.
9. Brain Cushing OLB USC
10. Tyson Jackson DE LSU
11. Micheal Oher OLT/OG Mississippi
12. Larry English DE/LB tweener Northern Ill.
13. James Laurinatis OLB the OSU
14. William Moore S Missiouri
15. Clint Sintim LB Viginia
16. Alphonzo Smith CB Wake Forest
17. Max Unger G/C Oregon
18. Rashad Johnson S Bama
19. Micheal Johnson DE (yeah right. tell me another one Mike) Georgia Tech
20. Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

who's the best passrusher (that has a possibility to be here at 20 ish) from the bunch?

who's the best passrusher (that has a possibility to be here at 20 ish) from the bunch?

I'm assuming you mean 4-3 DE's and not just best passrusher overall.

Greg Hardy - Unstoppable when he wants to be, but has an injury history, and some questions about his commitment to the sport.
Michael Johnson - 6'7 260 super freak, but lacks the kind of motor you want. Another guy who can dominate when he wants to, but doesn't seem to want to all the time. Kind of lazy, and doesn't pursue plays that go away from him.

This is a hard year for me to get a good feel on the DE's. I think there are loads of talented pass rushers in the first couple rounds so that will play out really well for us. I'm having trouble distinguishing some of the 4-3 DE's from the 3-4 OLB's.

Orakpo (long gone), George Selvie, Everrette Brown all seem like they'll be best suited for 3-4 imo. People can disagree with me if they want. Orakpo is probably good enough to play in either base defense and Brown probably has that possibility too. I wouldn't look at Selvie in the 1st b/c he's a pure pass rusher. The 1st round isn't good for a situational player like that, I'd rather have an everydown player. Greg Hardy and Michael Johnson looke like 4-3 ends to me and should be available at our pick.

I'm high on the Raji bandwagon but if he's gone before our pick, I wouldn't be too against Taylor Mays and then hoping a viable NT or DE falls to us in the 2nd round.

What are people's thoughts on Brandon Graham from Michigan? I havn't gotten to see him on a single play but he might be a possibility in the 2nd or so.

Back