Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Romo out 4 weeks

Once I get over being upset, I'm sure that I will get a good laugh. We've been though enough with those lean years between Switzer and Parcells for this group to play as badly as that high school team that lost 91-0. The Boys will always be my team, but at this moment I am not a happy camper.

The ESPN story is worth reading from different perspectives.

And did I mention that the Cowboys lost to the Rams?

Jones is great for the NFL, but sometimes you wonder if he's bad for the Cowboys. Granted, no other owner in the league is more involved, engaged and invested in his team than Jones. Redskins owner Daniel Snyder tries, but he's a poseur compared to Jones.

But that utter devotion to his franchise sometimes creates some blind spots. Jones admitted as much before the Rams game.

"I think I am unreasonable sometimes relative to my passion and my interest about the team,'' he said. "I admit I can be unreasonable and, if you will, illogical sometimes."

These Cowboys were painstakingly assembled by Jones. And now bottom-feeder teams such as the Rams are lobbing water balloons at his grand plan. You could see the hurt and disbelief on his face. When someone chuckled during one of his postgame answers, Jones said, "I don't see any humor in this."

The problem is that when ONE person basically insists on holding all facets of control, he cannot afford to "lose control," even briefly.

Back