Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Retreads

Just bring in a competent HC who knows how to run a team and get the very best out his players. A coach who actually knows complimentary football.

On the cool I don’t think it’s wise to bring in an inexperienced HC. Under the current circumstances, meaning the hot mess the previous coach left. They will need a more experienced HC to come in and fix that type of madness.

Just bring in a competent HC who knows how to run a team and get the very best out his players. A coach who actually knows complimentary football.

On the cool I don’t think it’s wise to bring in an inexperienced HC. Under the current circumstances, meaning the hot mess the previous coach left. They will need a more experienced HC to come in and fix that type of madness.

The bar has been set so really low it cracks me up. A half eaten bag of Doritos could be named HC and everyone would rejoice with myself included.

That’s how bad it had been. Wow.

The “insert city” south gets a little overused. Sean McVay came from the Redskins. Is LA considered Washington west?

With both the Broncos and the Patriots, championship pedigree is what Bob McNair was trying to duplicate by hiring multiple staff members from each organization. I'm fairly certain he even alluded to this in his press conferences over the years.

You used the Rams as an example. The HC came from one organization (Redkins) and the GM came from another (Falcons). Then they made it to the Super Bowl.

You could not make the same case as you could for the Texans. Kubiak/Smith/Phillips (Broncos), and then O'Brien/Crennel/Easterby (Patriots) - not to mention all the other lower assistant coaches hired by each HC.

The whole “insert city” south has always been ridicule more than anything. I wouldn't take it so seriously.

I'd like to see the Texans hire the best candidate for each position regardless if they came from different organizations. That could be a refreshing change.

With both the Broncos and the Patriots, championship pedigree is what Bob McNair was trying to duplicate by hiring multiple staff members from each organization. I'm fairly certain he even alluded to this in his press conferences over the years.

You used the Rams as an example. The HC came from one organization (Redkins) and the GM came from another (Falcons). Then they made it to the Super Bowl.

You could not make the same case as you could for the Texans. Kubiak/Smith/Phillips (Broncos), and then O'Brien/Crennel/Easterby (Patriots) - not to mention all the other lower assistant coaches hired by each HC.

The whole “insert city” south has always been ridicule more than anything. I wouldn't take it so seriously.

I'd like to see the Texans hire the best candidate for each position regardless if they came from different organizations. That could be a refreshing change.

Tell me which candidate can hire the best assistant coaches possible and that's the HC I want Cal to hire.

Tell me which candidate can hire the best assistant coaches possible and that's the HC I want Cal to hire.

I agree, but we'll have to wait for Korn Ferry to locate that man because the Texans brain-trust apparently has no idea and no networking potential.

So, Korn Ferry brings their list to Cal, does he do the "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" thing? Or, do they duke it out with some rock/paper/scissors elimination round battles? :slapfight:

I agree, but we'll have to wait for Korn Ferry to locate that man because the Texans brain-trust apparently has no idea and no networking potential.

So, Korn Ferry brings their list to Cal, does he do the "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" thing? Or, do they duke it out with some rock/paper/scissors elimination round battles? :slapfight:

He uses the list as a bib. The name that has the least amount of Pasghetti stains on it when he’s done eating is the new HC.

Back