Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

RB Corps

Should we re-sign Lamar Miller

• Total voters

Dejaview

All Pro
Great Corps but Miller got hurt. That’s football. Last year if Miller got hurt.....we didn’t address that?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
RB won't be the focus of this offense. That they went out and got Stills and Tunsil instead of a RB says we're going vertical not ground & pound.
If one or two of the current crop can block and catch screens and dump offs that'll be fine. If we get more than that from RB, it's icing.
A good RB would be nice to run out the clock. A good 4 minute offense can/will win a lot of games.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
that's one philosophy. Kubiak used to do that and they called it "going turtle".
Another train of thought is keep piling on the points.
Until I get a feel for how stout this year's defense really is, I like that philosophy.
It's not going turtle if the idea is to score. Kubiak & O'Brien are going to hand it off out of 22 personnel at 3rd & 24... not even try to get the first down for fear of throwing an interception.

I'm thinking about some Edgerrin James type game ending drives. Pick up 25-30 yards on the ground then scoring on a 40 yard toss & catch on 2nd & 1.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
It's not going turtle if the idea is to score. Kubiak & O'Brien are going to hand it off out of 22 personnel at 3rd & 24... not even try to get the first down for fear of throwing an interception.

I'm thinking about some Edgerrin James type game ending drives. Pick up 25-30 yards on the ground then scoring on a 40 yard toss & catch on 2nd & 1.
I don't disagree with any of that. I just think we'll see more spread than two TE formations. Slants, quick WR screens, RB dump offs, and the occasional Watson scramble can keep the chains moving too.
Besides, they don't have an Edgerrin James ....well unless one of the RB gang surprises everyone.

mussop

Hall of Fame
LOL
I realize old habits are hard to break
but I think he'd have gone after Gordon with those picks instead of a LT and a speed WR if we were all in on the running game.

I could be wrong
You would think....We will see.....I have my doubts.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
If Tunsil turns out to be as good as D. Brown, it was worth it. If he doesn't turn out that good, then it was NOT worth it.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
We disagree about a mountain of picks.

He gave up an extra 1st if you consider Tunsil to be the 2020 1st.
That's the way I see it. Our 2020 1st round pick will be starting tomorrow night.

Our 2021 2nd (Kenny Stills) will take a few snaps as well.

The only thing not accounted for is our 2021 1st... or maybe that's what it cost us to unload Davenport.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
That's the way I see it. Our 2020 1st round pick will be starting tomorrow night.

The only thing not accounted for is our 2021 1st... or maybe that's what it cost us to unload Davenport.

Often, when you dig your hole too deep, you have to pay too dear a price for extraction. Meanwhile, Osweiler chuckles and nods his head, while reading this and thinking ...." fool me once ".... !

Texansballer74

The Marine

This team has us all messed up in the head trying to figure out the WHY. It's like trying to figure out these women.

Mangler

Toro de España
We disagree about a mountain of picks.

He gave up an extra 1st if you consider Tunsil to be the 2020 1st.
I can agree with this. It’s like we drafted him with and Stills with our firsts. If they stay healthy we won’t miss them picks. It’s not like we have the best track record when it comes to 1st rounders.

(Kevin Johnson, X-suafilo, J. Strong, and according to a few posters...T. Howard.)

I’d rather have the sure things cause I don’t trust O’Brien when it comes to evaluating talent.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I can agree with this. It’s like we drafted him with and Stills with our firsts. If they stay healthy we won’t miss them picks. It’s not like we have the best track record when it comes to 1st rounders.

(Kevin Johnson, X-suafilo, J. Strong, and according to a few posters...T. Howard.)

I’d rather have the sure things cause I don’t trust O’Brien when it comes to evaluating talent.
Hell, F5 may not be around much longer.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club

I would include the entire top half of the 2016 draft !

LikeMike

Veteran

Of those you mentioned only Kevin Johnson was a first rounder. We actually have a real good track record with first rounders (Hopkins, Watt, Watson...) - the other rounds are our problems...