Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

RB Corps

Should we re-sign Lamar Miller

• Total voters
All this crap because we cut a RB that couldn’t improve this team? Dude had issues at UT also. We got better through subtraction. I’m personally pleased we are setting higher bars these days. This bad pre-Gaine roster is being remade. Will take time but ST, S, and TE are improved. Working on the OL and CB’s. The next few days will be interesting.

It's pure speculation on my part but it could be that BOB recognizes that Foreman lost his speed and cut him now so he may catch on with another team. The work ethic he is referring to could be his rehab work ethic.
Either way, there are still productive free agent RB's available and there are going to be more when the roster cuts occur. We have plenty of cap money to sign anyone available. I just don't see this as a big loss.
Reading the quotes from OB, pass pro wasn’t the main reason he was cut. In fact he said everyone was working hard to improve in that aspect. Seems Forman had an issue with being late to meetings. Also seems like he did not contribute on ST’s which is huge for non starters. We can do better than that.

Just listen to 610 for 15 minutes. They’ve never met a Texans player they didn’t love.

So true.

Shock of the century: I’m listening to 610 right now & Jon Harris took the Texans teet out of his mouth long enough to proclaim that he really, really likes Crockett and Higdon.

So if doc was right and Foreman could not come back from the Achilles or if his work ethic was no good why would we want him on the team? Either way it looks like O'Brien was correct cutting him. Perhaps the plan was to go with Lamar Miller running behind our new full back with some relief from the backups. Miller is in the final year of his deal and Coach may have 75% passing game plan?
Doc has been right on many things but that doesn’t mean the Texans knew about it. Plus I’m thinking it may be difficult for Foreman to pass block coming back from injury.

I’m just speculating as to why Foreman would all of a sudden not want to work on getting better. I don’t recall him having this issue before the injury. Maybe we can try to get Gordon. I wonder if Lunhow is available to make it happen lol.

I used to really like Harris, but he's become a shill and a propaganda BS artist of the highest order. You're never going to get anything but sunshine and rainbows from this guy.

It's pure speculation on my part but it could be that BOB recognizes that Foreman lost his speed and cut him now so he may catch on with another team. The work ethic he is referring to could be his rehab work ethic.
Either way, there are still productive free agent RB's available and there are going to be more when the roster cuts occur. We have plenty of cap money to sign anyone available. I just don't see this as a big loss.

It's not a big loss.

The we can pick up a RB when cuts happen is the same thing posters were saying last yr. How did that work out?

I'm actually quite high on Crockett and hope they trade for Duke Johnson too. A 5th and Davenport should be good enough to get Johnson.

It's not a big loss.

The we can pick up a RB when cuts happen is the same thing posters were saying last yr. How did that work out?

I'm actually quite high on Crockett and hope they trade for Duke Johnson too. A 5th and Davenport should be good enough to get Johnson.

We have no GM. Not gonna happen. Too many sous chefs, and not one is running the damn kitchen.

We have no GM. Not gonna happen. Too many sous chefs, and not one is running the damn kitchen.

You're probably right.

Damn dysfunctional org.

Even Cak cant deny this now. Although I'm sure he would enjoy going on some long rant trying to fruitlessly argue otherwise. This org has been messed up for the last 4 yrs.

You gotta love this dysfunctional beast, at least for the offseason entertainment value. No GM to talk BoB off the edge and no backup plan at the position. Surely, this will be blamed on Gaine, even though all was greenlit only a month ago from the actual position coach. Cal's statement is "blathering with style 101".

7/2
D’Onta Foreman “light-years ahead” of last year

“He’s light-years ahead of where he was last year at this time, coming off the injury and everything,” Texans running backs coach Danny Barrett said last month, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “I still think he’s continuing to work hard. I think he’s had a good offseason to date. The time away from here, I thought was well spent for himself. Getting ready to go physically, and I think mentally, right now, is what I look at is each and every day.

7/23 -
Cal McNair insists Texans will thrive without a G.M.

In an interview with KILT in Houston, the team’s flagship radio station, McNair described the G.M.-free front office as part of a “flatter organization with a faster management style,” via Sports Business Daily. “The organization is totally re-energized with a team-based approach and new leadership based on sub programs with each sub program being fully optimized as a goal.”

McNair defended the decision to have no General Manager, a move that has been criticized for the lack of centralization and coordination needed to get things done.

8/4 -
Texans waive running back D’Onta Foreman

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the Texans are waiving the veteran running back because they “weren’t happy with his work habits.”

Foreman missed most of last year with a torn Achilles, but had apparently recovered and showed encouraging signs to coaches during OTAs.

That view apparently wasn’t shared by coach Bill O’Brien. When he was asked recently about the third running back spot behind Lamar Miller and Foreman, O’Brien said: “Who’re the first two?” When Lamar Miller and Foreman were mentioned, he replied, “Miller,” and said the backup job was “wide open.”

You gotta love this dysfunctional beast, at least for the offseason entertainment value. No GM to talk BoB off the edge and no backup plan at the position. Surely, this will be blamed on Gaine, even though all was greenlit only a month ago from the actual position coach. Cal's statement is "blathering with style 101".

7/2

7/23 -

8/4 -

All of this was BS.

Tell me how many RB's have made it back to their original level of effectiveness after suffering this injury? Answer: 0

CnD tried to tell y'all.

Only people on here that were being unrealistic were 1. Longhorn fans. 2. Koolaid drinkers, preferably battle red flavored. 3. BOB is the worst HC ever and is an imbecile Texans fans.

7/2

7/23 -

8/4 -

Not sure what not having a GM has to do with Foreman being cut. CnD has been saying from the get go that he would never return to form and even game commenters have mentioned how slow he seems. As far as them praising him at first, yeah what else are they suppose to say? "Oh no he completely sucks, we're just letting him stick around for now because he brings donuts on Fridays" Just like players don't bad mouth teams most of the time teams don't bad mouth players and you never tell the media they aren't doing well. That's not being disorganized that's just business, play your cards close to the chest.

All of this was BS.

Tell me how many RB's have made it back to their original level of effectiveness after suffering this injury? Answer: 0

CnD tried to tell y'all.

Only people on here that were being unrealistic were 1. Longhorn fans. 2. Koolaid drinkers, preferably battle red flavored. 3. BOB is the worst HC ever and is an imbecile Texans fans.

I guess O'Brien was a koolaid drinker considering he never bothered to replace him in 2 off-seasons

You do realize that coaches generally don't cut players without working through the GM...right?
The GM might need to do things like "sign another running back" or something. :rolleyes:

Oddly enough you would have to think that Kim Jung OBrien already had a preconceived notion about Foreman, and last week Theo Riddick was out there and the committee of GMs that we have didnt think it might be a good idea to kick some tires? Crazier to think that Billy Buttcrack just had a rage moment and made this decision on a whim?

Gonna be a long year.

You do realize that coaches generally don't cut players without working through the GM...right?
The GM might need to do things like "sign another running back" or something. :rolleyes:

They just cut him, like what yesterday? Just because they haven't announced another one doesn't mean they aren't going to sign one. Could be you are right and they are happy with what we have and are going to roll with that, but don't people get tired of saying the sky is falling just because they aren't getting minute by minute updates from the Texans FO?

They just cut him, like what yesterday? Just because they haven't announced another one doesn't mean they aren't going to sign one. Could be you are right and they are happy with what we have and are going to roll with that, but don't people get tired of saying the sky is falling just because they aren't getting minute by minute updates from the Texans FO?
I'm not in "the sky is falling" camp just yet. But... If you think this is how the average NFL team operates, you're just kidding yourself. These guys are putting the FUN in dysfunctional.

I'm not in "the sky is falling" camp just yet. But... If you think this is how the average NFL team operates, you're just kidding yourself. These guys are putting the FUN in dysfunctional.

Oh never said that this was how most teams do it, never said it was a good or even ok way to do it. However, we haven't been happy with the traditional GM/HC set up in the past so frankly what have we got to lose? Many on here think BoB was calling all the shots anyway so now at least they've have a more valid argument.

I guess O'Brien was a koolaid drinker considering he never bothered to replace him in 2 off-seasons

Or Gaine/BOB.

It's really simple they were hoping to get a return on their 3rd rd investment. To BOB's credit he cut bait early in camp.

Not what I would've done, I would've cut him this offseason. But I can understand why BOB took the route he did. I only wish the Texans medical staff had given BOB the advice that CnD put out there on this MB.

It's not a big loss.

Right. Just remember the ole axiom: RBs are a dime a dozen. And that's not elite backs, but it's capable competent RBs which are plentiful even at the NFL level.

Oddly enough you would have to think that Kim Jung OBrien already had a preconceived notion about Foreman, and last week Theo Riddick was out there and the committee of GMs that we have didnt think it might be a good idea to kick some tires? Crazier to think that Billy Buttcrack just had a rage moment and made this decision on a whim?

Gonna be a long year.

They all got confused and probably thought someone else in the committee would do it. Olsen probably was thinking to himself "You know, with us already knowing for months that Foreman is lazy, can't block and an injury risk, it might be a good idea to bring in an established rb or two, since....you know, all we have is unproven castoffs and undrafted free agents behind Lamar Miller. But i'm sure O'Brien/Easterby/Bazirgan/Liipfirt has already thought of this and will take care of it. I'll just carry on with my admin duties!"

Right. Just remember the ole axiom: RBs are a dime a dozen. And that's not elite backs, but it's capable competent RBs which are plentiful even at the NFL level.

Yet they haven't had a competent 3rd down RB since Foster got hurt. Both catching and pass pro, maybe it's not as easy as some here seem to think to find a quality 3rd down RB. Much less a starting level RB late in the draft.

Yeah, but Cak said the Texans weren't a dysfunctional franchise.

LMAO

No. I believe he said you have a reading comprehension problem.

Maybe you had a reading comprehension problem.

He said reputable guys like Glazer/Lombardi didn't know what they were talking about. Carried on all of that offseason.

It's not a big loss.

Getting rid of your LT for a CHEAP RB

Who would replace Davenport?

I like Dukes contract but if you trade Davenport then you better be ready to put
Deshaun behind Joe Webb on the QB Depth Chart...
And that's just so he could play near the end of the season!
I know O'Brien would love to play A.J. and show the world how he can coach
up a low tier QB to win a game without ever needing a SUPERSTAR QB...

I just think it's selfish is all... This isn't the O'Brien Organization...
I know the media tries to spin it like it is but the reason for that is only so the Organization
doesn't seem to dysfunctional, divisive and disorganized... He needs to
get it done with what he has...

I don't mind a trade for Duke but as far as hurting ourselves to obtain him...
I'm not with that move... His ceiling isn't high enough for a move like that, especially
behind our Oline

They will need to keep Miller until they bring someone else up to speed on this offense which means they have to pay him for this season.
Howell will likely stay on ST but I have high hopes for Higdon and Crockett behind Miller.
Crockett I believe has an old injury from College but should be pretty much recovered. He has better hands than Higdon but Higdon is better on his feet.
Can't wait to see if these two work out.

Excuse me, this coming from the "twit" that came up with this grand scheme of trading for Zeke with Dallas to get Dallas first like this was some damn Hollywood spy movie. Go back to Fortnite kid, the adults are talking.

1. Zeke has a high ceiling and IS a (power back) bell cow this team could run
behind this oline while upgrading "EACH" Oline position

2. In 2019, Elliott will carry a cap hit of $7,940,655 and a dead cap value of $4,087,518.
5th-year option available for $9,099,000
In 2019, Miller will while carry a cap hit of $7,203,125 and a dead cap value of $1,000,000.

3. (and this is FOREMOST) The 1st rounder from Dallas would be used to, and say it with me...
"FIX OUR TACKLE POSITION".
A position we reached for in the 1st round to upgrade and ended up with a guy whose playing G.

Right, and I noticed that statements insinuation but wanted to confront the interpretation of it meaning
the Colts have a better starting RB than the Texans.

2. In 2019, Elliott will carry a cap hit of $7,940,655 and a dead cap value of $4,087,518.
In 2019, Miller will while carry a cap hit of $7,203,125 and a dead cap value of $1,000,000.

3. (and this is FOREMOST) The 1st rounder from Dallas would be used to, and say it with me...
A position we reached for in the 1st round to upgrade and ended up with a guy whose playing G.

The Texans will not touch Zeke and his off the field antics with a 10ft pole. Your lobbying for him is completely and utterly in vain.

Getting rid of your LT for a CHEAP RB

Who would replace Davenport?

I like Dukes contract but if you trade Davenport then you better be ready to put
Deshaun behind Joe Webb on the QB Depth Chart...
And that's just so he could play near the end of the season!
I know O'Brien would love to play A.J. and show the world how he can coach
up a low tier QB to win a game without ever needing a SUPERSTAR QB...

I just think it's selfish is all... This isn't the O'Brien Organization...
I know the media tries to spin it like it is but the reason for that is only so the Organization
doesn't seem to dysfunctional, divisive and disorganized... He needs to
get it done with what he has...

I don't mind a trade for Duke but as far as hurting ourselves to obtain him...
I'm not with that move... His ceiling isn't high enough for a move like that, especially
behind our Oline

It is the BOB organization whether y'all like it or not. He's the main decision maker this yr in personnel. Davenport while serviceable as a backup isn't and never will be a starting level OT in the NFL, so it's addition by subtraction.

Keyword "SERVICE-ABLE"... I would agree with your statement about Davenport if OSWEILER were still
the starting QB or Joe Webb or even A.J. McCarreon... But while our "FRANCHISE" QB is back there,
It is SUBTRACTION by subtraction.

There's a difference between this being the O'Brien Organization and
Cal McNair "ALLOWING" Bill O'Brien to make personnel decisions while
simultaneously manipulating O'Brien to show his true colors...

How the hell are we going to get Zeke from Dallas AND a first round pick?

Also your 2nd point is moot seeing how Zeke doesn't even want to play under that contract for the team that drafted him.. Whoever trades for this guy (assuming Dallas would even consider trading him right now.. which they won't) will have to make this guy the highest paid RB in the league upon trading for him.

Last edited:
Crockett has been making a lot of td CATCHES from the training camp observations i’ve read. I am excited to watch him play tomorrow. Hopefully we got this year’s Phillip Lindsey.
That’d be great if we did. He seems to have decent vision as well as pass catching ability from the camp notes I’ve read thus far.

Back