Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

RB Corps

Should we re-sign Lamar Miller

• Total voters
Foreman was waived.

According to John McClain of the Houston C
the Texans are waiving the veteran running back because they “weren’t happy with his work habits.”

Foreman missed most of last year with a torn Achilles, but had apparently recovered and showed encouraging signs to coaches during OTAs.

That view apparently wasn’t shared by coach Bill O’Brien. When he was asked recently about the third running back spot behind Lamar Miller and Foreman, O’Brien said: “Who’re the first two?” When Lamar Miller and Foreman were mentioned, he replied, “Miller,” and said the backup job was “wide open.”

That leaves veterans Josh Ferguson, Buddy Howell, and Taiwan Jones competing for the backup job, along some with undrafted rookies.

ww.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/04/texans-waive-running-back-donta-foreman/amp/

@AdamSchefter: Texans placed RB D’Onta Foreman on waivers, as @McClain_on_NFL reported. Houston feels like Foreman needs a fresh start and needs to grow up.

@McClain_on_NFL: The Texans placed RB D’Onta Foreman on waivers. They weren’t happy with his work habits. RBs on the roster are veterans Josh Ferguson, Buddy Howell and Taiwan Jones and undrafted rookies Damarea Crockett and Karan Higdon Jr.

How about

DALLAS
gets clowney
Gets Lamar Miller
Gets 2 5th rounders
Gets 2021 1st

HOUSTON
gets zeke
Gets 2020 1st

J/s

with Both those 1st rounders... It'd be REAL easy to move up for Georgia LT Andrew Thomas or
In a perfect world...

Dallas picks high enough where we could draft Georgia LT Andrew Thomas and
pickup RB DeAndre Swint with OUR pick

Come time to pay Deshaun Watson... We won't have to worry about paying a First Round pick per the trade with Dallas
And perhaps even a second rounder if ẃe DID, in fact, move up to draft Georgia LT Andrew Thomas

Just to be clear

I'm after Dallas 1st. Not necessarily ZEKE

Just masking the trade to SEEM like I am

I'd just let Zeke walk after this season...

Depends on what you want out of the RB position as a replacement for Foreman. I would suggest Gillaspia should be given consideration. He can run block, he may be the best of the backfield at pass protection and he can catch. The only real question is how good is he at running the ball? I would think he would be more of a power runner.

Tweet from @MikeMeltser: If releasing D’Onta Foreman was something that was at all a possibility this offseason, why wasn’t signing or drafting a RB a bigger priority?

Tweet from @NiMoTX: @ctcitnetter @StephStradley @MikeMeltser Even if Foreman came out as a stud I still would have wanted a drafted RB. Lamar is on the final year of his contract. They just got rid of their #3 RB. And RBs get injured a lot. A lot of teams now are running with 2 VERY good RBs, some 3. Texans now have 1. Maybe.

Just when you think the the **** show can't get any worse. If you don't like the young man's work habits and you talk to him repeatedly about it - you have a move lined up first for a trade or someone you identify on the street that is a clear upgrade and then you make your release.

Secondly, between the injury history and concerns about work habits, why was the RB position totally ignored this off-season? There were FA's on the market that would have made a fine #2 - Mark Ingram, Tevin Coleman, Spencer Ware, and TJ Yeldon were all guys I was banging the drum for. None were even considered or looked at, nor were any others considered (apparently).

As already mentioned, people say not having a GM doesn't matter. I beg to differ. This likely doesn't happen with a strong GM that can stand up to a bully like OB.

So, now you have LM and a cast of thousands. If Miller is hurt this year, we're totally screwed after looking at available FA. I'd take a look at Blount or Chris Johnson, but my God what a load of manure.

Ah, don't you just know that there is a deal worked out with the Raiders send Clowney there and get back Josh Jacobs and 2020 first round picks as I suggested?
We should have drafted Jacobs instead of hoping the Raiders give him up. Foreman didn’t lack work ethic, he was coming back from an injury that was almost impossible for him to come back from. I guess CnD was right. :(

@riversmccown
·
28m

I’m not saying D’Onta Foreman will be good, and I’m not saying his return from injury didn’t concern me. But some teams have another person in the front office to keep the coach from releasing talented players because he thinks they need to grow up. Think it’s called a “GM.”

1000x THIS!! I mean you couldnt run him out in the preseason games and try to establish a market? YOu didnt even try to get a 7th rounder for him? ANYTHING?

Im looking forward to a great team year, but honestly if shitting the bed is what it will take to get this Ass Faced Gremlin and his 1970s high school offense out of the city then so be it.

We should have drafted Jacobs instead of hoping the Raiders give him up. Foreman didn’t lack work ethic, he was coming back from an injury that was almost impossible for him to come back from. I guess CnD was right. :(
We cannot undo yesterday but we can do today.

I had high hopes for Foreman, but he appears to be another wasted 3rd round pick.

"What the hell is going on around here"

"Wasted" 3rd round picks in the Bill OBrien Era (remember by his own admission he had plenty of input in personnel decisions both before and after Gaine):

2014- CJ Fiedorowicz, Louis Nix
2015 - Jaelen Strong
2016 - Braxton Miller
2017 - D'Onta Foreman
2018 - Martinas Rankin?

Lets add in the busts in Xavier Sua Filo and Kevin Johnson into the equation and its a big old YIKES!

Foreman didn’t lack work ethic, he was coming back from an injury that was almost impossible for him to come back from. I guess CnD was right. :(

Reports from camp says he's running well. Only negatives reported were in pass pro, as if he wasn't interested in improving that part of his game.

"Wasted" 3rd round picks in the Bill OBrien Era (remember by his own admission he had plenty of input in personnel decisions both before and after Gaine):

2014- CJ Fiedorowicz, Louis Nix
2015 - Jaelen Strong
2016 - Braxton Miller
2017 - D'Onta Foreman
2018 - Martinas Rankin?

Lets add in the busts in Xavier Sua Filo and Kevin Johnson into the equation and its a big old YIKES!

I think the little bit of faith and hope I had in BOB and this organization is fading fast. For the first time in 16 years, I am contemplating not watching the Texans. I used to love this time of year, would always restock with new gear, shirts, hats, etc. Last few seasons I haven't spent a dime on Texans gear. I've taught myself the last few years to not get so stressed over the games, or yell at the TV, or let a loss bum me out. I now chuckle because I've come to expect disappointment and frustration, it's like re-living the Oilers all over again for me.

I think the little bit of faith and hope I had in BOB and this organization is fading fast. For the first time in 16 years, I am contemplating not watching the Texans. I used to love this time of year, would always restock with new gear, shirts, hats, etc. Last few seasons I haven't spent a dime on Texans gear. I've taught myself the last few years to not get so stressed over the games, or yell at the TV, or let a loss bum me out. I now chuckle because I've come to expect disappointment and frustration, it's like re-living the Oilers all over again for me.

Sad, but true.

Does anyone have a secret man-crush on one of our undrafted rookies? Now would be a good time for some unsolicited accolades.

You'd think that after the Swearinger's debacle that they would have vested it thoroughly before drafting a guy.
Shocking.

:mariopalm::firehair:

It's the Texans org.

The only shocking thing about them is how shockingly incompetent the Texans org is.

CnD was usually right about 90% of the time with limited information.

Wish he was still around.

So if doc was right and Foreman could not come back from the Achilles or if his work ethic was no good why would we want him on the team? Either way it looks like O'Brien was correct cutting him. Perhaps the plan was to go with Lamar Miller running behind our new full back with some relief from the backups. Miller is in the final year of his deal and Coach may have 75% passing game plan?

1000x THIS!! I mean you couldnt run him out in the preseason games and try to establish a market? YOu didnt even try to get a 7th rounder for him? ANYTHING?

Im looking forward to a great team year, but honestly if shitting the bed is what it will take to get this Ass Faced Gremlin and his 1970s high school offense out of the city then so be it.
Hey NFL? Anyone want to give us a seventh-round pick for our backup running back who is recovering still from an Achilles after a year off? Our starting running back is so good in his final year that we don't need Foreman to back him up! You probably don't know this Foreman has been horrible this pre-season but hey, that's why we only want a seventh-round for him. Anyone? Anyone?

I have little hope for the 2019 season, this organization is a slow train wreck that one can't help but turn your head and watch the destruction. I stopped drinking the Kool-aid a couple years ago so I stopped taking it so seriously. Can we forfeit the 2019 season and just skip ahead to the 2020 draft?

It's pure speculation on my part but it could be that BOB recognizes that Foreman lost his speed and cut him now so he may catch on with another team. The work ethic he is referring to could be his rehab work ethic.
Either way, there are still productive free agent RB's available and there are going to be more when the roster cuts occur. We have plenty of cap money to sign anyone available. I just don't see this as a big loss.

Just when you think the the **** show can't get any worse. If you don't like the young man's work habits and you talk to him repeatedly about it - you have a move lined up first for a trade or someone you identify on the street that is a clear upgrade and then you make your release.

Secondly, between the injury history and concerns about work habits, why was the RB position totally ignored this off-season? There were FA's on the market that would have made a fine #2 - Mark Ingram, Tevin Coleman, Spencer Ware, and TJ Yeldon were all guys I was banging the drum for. None were even considered or looked at, nor were any others considered (apparently).

As already mentioned, people say not having a GM doesn't matter. I beg to differ. This likely doesn't happen with a strong GM that can stand up to a bully like OB.

So, now you have LM and a cast of thousands. If Miller is hurt this year, we're totally screwed after looking at available FA. I'd take a look at Blount or Chris Johnson, but my God what a load of manure.

What the hell are you talking about? We had a GM for almost all of the off season so if moves weren't made to bring in another RB then that's on Gaine. Also the flip flopping to fit the narrative on this board boggles my mind. First Gaine was just a BoB yes man and that's why he sucked, then Gaine was standing up and disagreeing with BoB and that's why he was fired, now Gaine was weak and we haven't had a strong GM to stand up to bully O'Brien. Come on people there are enough reasons to be unhappy with the Texans you don't have to make up ones. This off season, for better or worse, is mostly on Gaine because he was the GM for the biggest and most important part of it. I'm sure BoB had input but we still had a GM so what makes you think bringing in a different one would have matter especially since they wouldn't have had much time to make any moves.

Let me ask this, the popular theory is that BoB is the great mastermind who has called all the shots on org decisions and he got rid of Gaine to solidify his power. Can no one see that those are two contradicting statements? If he already had so much power than why did he need to get rid of Gaine? Even if he was throwing him under the bus why now when clearly there was going to be no fallout from last season? Better to save your sacrificial lamb for when you actually need a sacrifice. Of course that opens the question of who would he need to sacrifice him to since apparently Cal won't do anything about BoB and lets him do whatever he wants according to some on here.

There is a LOT about BoB as a HC I don't like but this tin foil hat, conspiracy theory stuff is getting out of hand. First pre-season game hasn't even been played yet and already people are calling it a wasted season.

I have little hope for the 2019 season, this organization is a slow train wreck that one can't help but turn your head and watch the destruction. I stopped drinking the Kool-aid a couple years ago so I stopped taking it so seriously. Can we forfeit the 2019 season and just skip ahead to the 2020 draft?

Except who's going to conduct the 2020 draft? The Obrien/Easterby/Bazirgin/Liipfert/Olsen braintrust?

No thank you. Best case scenario now is that we sign Caserio (after the 2020 team has essentially already been established by the above braintrust) and that he can finally have an impact on the team we see on the field during the 2021 season.

Back