Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Preseason - TEXANS @ New England

Realistically, after what I saw from Stroud tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a good portion of the season sitting and learning. He didn't look ready tonight. The only way he changes that impression is if he wows us and DeMeco during the next two preseason games, but I'm not betting on it.

I say this as someone who just bought $1500 in his rookie cards.
Im not drawing conclusions on Stroud after this one...I put this completely on them running out an Oline where NONE should be on a roster other than Scruggs...and he held his own.

Realistically, after what I saw from Stroud tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a good portion of the season sitting and learning. He didn't look ready tonight. The only way he changes that impression is if he wows us and DeMeco during the next two preseason games, but I'm not betting on it.

Not if Hannah has her way.

:hankpalm:

I never noticed this before tonight, but some of their helmets have the logos in different places.
Some like Metchies have the logo further toward the back of the helmet and I think the logos might even be smaller?
I'm assuming it's due to the various helmet designs not allowing the logo in the usual position.
But some of them look plain weird. Where the logos on each side nearly touch on the rear of the helmet because they're placed so far back.

Has it been this way and I'm just slow and only realizing it now?

I never noticed this before tonight, but some of their helmets have the logos in different places.
Some like Metchies have the logo further toward the back of the helmet and I think the logos might even be smaller?
I'm assuming it's due to the various helmet designs not allowing the logo in the usual position.
But some of them look plain weird. Where the logos on each side nearly touch on the rear of the helmet because they're placed so far back.

Has it been this way and I'm just slow and only realizing it now?
No logos are def off...not sure why...could be different helmet types and designs...but not a good look for sure

First half….

Tank Dell is the man. He looks like the best playmaker at WR by far. If Mills was more precise, he would have been dominant in that half.

As far as Stroud, a young guy playing his first snaps and he had two series. Not a great debut but way to little playtime to draw any conclusions. It’s crazy to make judgements based on a handful of snaps in the first preseason game. If he does start this year, expect typical rookie play. Some ups and downs are to be expected. The key is learning from these mistakes and improving.

It’s super early so hard again to draw conclusions, but I’ll just say it. The D? Night and day difference. Quicker, faster, gap integrity, discipline. Again…not making any definitive judgements, but nice start this half and they locked their ground game down.

Back