Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Post Game Week 2: Let it out.... frustration.

Say that reminds me, those guys showed up & showed out last week. MIA this week.

That's what it's like for "rebuilding" teams. We may not see them again the rest of the season. They may show up next week with a vengence.

Likewise, don't be surprised if Nico disappears like the many WRs that flashed a little something something never to be heard of again.

Fingers crossed.

The DL sure would've looked better if in the last 2 yrs Caserio had drafted Jordan Davis, Sam Williams, WA, Trade up for Jalen Carter like I suggested. BTW, Minshew looked pretty good today.

Obviously the defense was very disappointing, but it is just one game.
On the plus side, CJ played well today: was on target and had another game with no pics but needs to improve his ball secutity..
CJ does have a plus arm, he is a talented passer but of course there's much more to an NFL QBs game to learn.

On the plus side, CJ played well today: was on target and had another game with no pics but needs to improve his ball secutity..
CJ does have a plus arm, he is a talented passer but of course there's much more to an NFL QBs game to learn.
Improve his what?

On the plus side, CJ played well today: was on target and had another game with no pics but needs to improve his ball
Stroud continues showing growth despite shit for an OL and no run game.

Nico finally showing to be worthy of the picks they gave up for him.

Woods solid, Tank looks good, and the positives end there.

Run game is having little to no impact. Put some of that blame on the OL? Probably, but still a disaster.

Defense stinks. Still can’t tackle, still struggle against the run, and where was the pass rush?

All the injuries don’t help, but this team still has a loooong way to go.
Improve his what?
Do a better job of hanging on to the pigskin especially when he's under pressure from the pass rush.
OK ?

On the plus side, CJ played well today: was on target and had another game with no pics but needs to improve his ball
Do a better job of hanging on to the pigskin especially when he's under pressure from the pass rush.
OK ?
Ok. But leave his balls alone 😔.

I hate letting stroud throw the ball on the last play of the game only to be sacked.
I hate our injury situation.
I hate how little we are using our tight ends.
I hate how our run game is struggling “oline”

I love how aggressive we have been the past two games on fourth down.
I love how currently cj stroud is ranked 2nd in yards in the nfl
I love how nico collins has been stepping up
I love me some tank dell!
I love the connection cj and woods have together, when on the run.

I hate high blood pleasure, I love my Texans!

I just want to live long enough for this team to be dominant and in the championship conversation.

I'm surprised the offense was able to have some flexibility f the success it had with a preseason O line. The defense was super disappointing across the board.

My main concern is if we don't get a run game going will Stroud's arm hold up. A lot of throws on an achy shoulder.

I dunno it's nice that our rookie QB, two full starts in, has an unblemished record but maybe that's almost too good ?
Not suggesting that CJ should throw a couple of pic 6s next week in FLA, but perhaps they should run some more aggressive routes ?

6 sacks? Last week it was what? 5? Say we keep that mess up and average 5 a week. That's going to be 85 sacks. Good look developing a QB (no matter how promising) at that pace. I've seen this show before and I know how it ends.
I've been saying this all along. Hopefully the OL will be back and healthy after week 4.

Year 21 of the franchise and we still don't have an O-Line. I am just so sick of it. I won't be happy until we spend our first 5 picks, multiple drafts in a row on O-Line lol. Good news is Stroud is looking great, I am excited about that but he needs some freaking protection FFS.

During the Kubiak years, we had one of the best lines in the league.

Doesn't change the fact that we had one of the best OLs in the league. I was simply responding to a post where someone implied we never had a good OL in this franchise history.

I think by the middle of the season everybody is going to be happy with the OL once they get healthy.

Doesn't change the fact that we had one of the best OLs in the league. I was simply responding to a post where someone implied we never had a good OL in this franchise history.
I accounted for that OL in a post right after, because I knew someone one bring it up instead of read what else I wrote and the context of it. How good was pass protection during those years, average? Above average? So we had a good cut blocking run scheme for a small amount of time. That was a great what, 3 years or so.

That's not good enough, every year the QB of the Texans runs for the life, no pass protection, and can't run the ball. I am bitching about all the other years than that one brief couple of seasons when we ran the ball well.

Last edited:
I accounted for that OL in a post right after, because I knew someone one bring it up instead of read what else I wrote and the context of it. How good was pass protection during those years, average? Above average? So we had a good cut blocking run scheme for a small amount of time. That was a great what, 3 years or so.

That's not good enough, every year the QB of the Texans runs for the life, no pass protection, and can't run the ball. I am bitching about all the other years than that one brief couple of seasons when we ran the ball well.

If Matt Schaub can succeed in the offense, then I say the pass pro was pretty good. I liked our OL from 2008-2014, then the weird stuff started to happen:
- replacing Ben Jones with Sua-Filo
- Derek Newton's career ending earlier than expected
- letting Brandon Brooks go
- then the whole Duane debacle

A large part of that was that the run game was so good and every play looked the same pre-snap. Schaub's play action fake was lethal

Even before we had a good running game, Schaub's play action was so good that people would still bite on it. Even when we were in obvious passing situations, people would still bite on his play fake.

We need to get him to teach Stroud how to do that.

If Matt Schaub can succeed in the offense, then I say the pass pro was pretty good. I liked our OL from 2008-2014, then the weird stuff started to happen:
- replacing Ben Jones with Sua-Filo
- Derek Newton's career ending earlier than expected
- letting Brandon Brooks go
- then the whole Duane debacle
Jones was replaced by Martin.

XSF replaced Brooks.

A number of suckage players replaced DB.

Dr. Lowe was relieved of his head team physician position for the Texans, not for his questionable performance (for which he should have been released way before now), but by the team and the NFL for breaking the NFL gambling policy.

Do you have a link to a story about this? I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that would be interested......... :fingergun:

Back