Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Post Game Week 2: Let it out.... frustration.

Defense was a huge disappointment. I know both starting safeties were out, but that doesn’t account for much of what happened in that debacle. Nobody made an impact out there on D. It was just a bunch of jags with nobody making plays.

And considering what we gave up for #51, he’s got to be better than what he did today.

giphy.gif

Alright. Time to watch San Fran vs LA

I think it was a great offensive game plan by the Colts. Get the ball out of the QBs hand as quickly as possible. Unless he's running for a TD. Stifle the pass rush and make the LBs and safeties cover. Outstanding and something I had hoped the Texans would have incorporated in their game plan.

Been waiting to see this kind of performance from Collins for 2 years. He flashed last week. Now, just stay healthy and ball out.

I want to see more aggression from the Texans next week in JAX. I know they're looking past the Texans and their trip to England week 4. Take advantage of that.

Year 21 of the franchise and we still don't have an O-Line. I am just so sick of it. I won't be happy until we spend our first 5 picks, multiple drafts in a row on O-Line lol. Good news is Stroud is looking great, I am excited about that but he needs some freaking protection FFS.
I mean we have had good o-lines in the past.

Still feel like this o-line can be good if it can actually be healthy.

Stroud continues showing growth despite shit for an OL and no run game.

Nico finally showing to be worthy of the picks they gave up for him.

Woods solid, Tank looks good, and the positives end there.

Run game is having little to no impact. Put some of that blame on the OL? Probably, but still a disaster.

Defense stinks. Still can’t tackle, still struggle against the run, and where was the pass rush?

All the injuries don’t help, but this team still has a loooong way to go.

I mean we have had good o-lines in the past.

Still feel like this o-line can be good if it can actually be healthy.

Sparingly we have, but not consistently. Even during the best years with Kubiak/Gibbs ZBS and Arian Foster and that success people hated the cut blocking technique. Yes, we have had great run blocking at times, but I can't remember stellar pass protection consistently at any point. Maybe we did and just don't remember, but I yell at the TV way too much :fans:

Sparingly we have, but not consistently. Even during the best years with Kubiak/Gibbs ZBS and Arian Foster and that success people hated the cut blocking technique. Yes, we have had great run blocking at times, but I can't remember stellar pass protection consistently at any point. Maybe we did and just don't remember, but I yell at the TV way too much :fans:
Matt Schaub turtle ash not putting up the numbers he had here without a really good offensive line.

Texan o-lines have been pathetic for a while now. This year was supposed to be better, but we haven't had a chance to see it yet because of all the injuries. I'm surprised Stroud did as well as he did behind that craptastic line we had today. Imagine Stroud with a good o-line and a decent running game, which he has had neither.

Stroud and the receivers looked good......against the 31st ranked defense in the league. Sorry, but you can't ignore that fact.

Injuries aside, the Texans were out coached today especially in the offensive play calling. But even Ryans was outcoached by Steichen. In that sense, the Colts look like they are light years ahead of where the Texans are, and they did not even have their biggest offensive weapon. My doubts about some of Casario's personnel choices are mounting as well.

Stroud and the receivers looked good......against the 31st ranked defense in the league. Sorry, but you can't ignore that fact.

Injuries aside, the Texans were out coached today especially in the offensive play calling. But even Ryans was outcoached by Steichen. In that sense, the Colts look like they are light years ahead of where the Texans are, and they did not even have their biggest offensive weapon. My doubts about some of Casario's personnel choices are mounting as well.

and we are missing ours - tunsil, pitre etc.

Where do you get the 31st ranked defense from? If the colts are ranked 31st then for sure we must be 32nd

Living up to your name.

I didnt realize the colts were so bad defensively. That kind of dampens things.

Stroud looked solid last week against the #6 defense without some ol starters but I guess we’re going to ignore that, right?

This abundance of injuries are frustrating and are preventing us from being able to evaluate the team. Clearly we lack depth, but how many teams can cope with their entire o-lines and secondaries unavailable?

Texan o-lines have been pathetic for a while now. This year was supposed to be better, but we haven't had a chance to see it yet because of all the injuries. I'm surprised Stroud did as well as he did behind that craptastic line we had today. Imagine Stroud with a good o-line and a decent running game, which he has had neither.

Exactly as I see it. It is very exciting to think about. Which is why they need to protect him.

Did you not see the game? That 31st ranked defense had 5 sacks and a bunch of pressure applied. They we’re going up against the worst offensive line in NFL history. You do know that right.

We were 14-0 down before the O had done anything positive so in a sense we won the game from that point on, which is a positive.

A thought I did have was about the old scripting we saw Kubiak use at the start of games on O, I wonder if Slowick has the same system, both games the first couple of drives on O have been completely inneffectual. Something to work on. Lots of other things to work on. Hard to be too harsh given the injuries, and Stroud and his receivers look fantastic, especially in light of how young he is.

This a developmental year for the offense and I'm very pleased with what I've seen. Stroud has played well. The receivers are capable. I do like Pierce although I would like to see him improve his pass-catching skills. I've seen him drop a couple of catchable passes from Stroud who was under duress.

It was my hope that Houston would be able to use their pick from Cleveland to pick a quality OL in next year's draft and perhaps even use their 2nd round pick, which will probably be an early pick. Unfortunately, Houston may have to use those picks on defensive help. I think we all believed that the defense would be better than it's been although missing starting safeties hasn't helped.

This probably isn't a one or two-year fix. Houston has to find gems in later rounds in the next couple of drafts. They can't afford to draft busts as it appears they did with some of their recent OL picks (not Scruggs).

Stroud looked solid last week against the #6 defense without some ol starters but I guess we’re going to ignore that, right?

Because they did not look that good. They did not score a single TD, was sacked 5 times, hit 10 times, and hardly completed a pass longer than 5 yards?

Did you not see the game? That 31st ranked defense had 5 sacks and a bunch of pressure applied. They we’re going up against the worst offensive line in NFL history. You do know that right.

Were they really the worst o-line in NFL history? I think not. Yeah, they had a lot of starters out, but they were not the worst in history. Come on man.

I just want to live long enough for this team to be dominant and in the championship conversation.

I'm surprised the offense was able to have some flexibility f the success it had with a preseason O line. The defense was super disappointing across the board.

Defense against the run has to start with the DTs - and ours seem to be missing. Any comment on Rankins and Collins? Our OL is bad, but at least we have key pieces due to return from the IR. Collins and Rankins are our starters and were being counted on.

Were they really the worst o-line in NFL history? I think not. Yeah, they had a lot of starters out, but they were not the worst in history. Come on man.
Yes this is a makeshift line being held together by duct tape. Most of those would either be on the practice squad or looking for a team. They’ve given up 10 sacks in the last two games. Yes they’re that horrific.

Slowik
Injuries

that’s about it.

I know Meco wants to be a running team, but our best chance to win is with Stroud at this point. The game plan needs to be inverted at this point. Pass to set up the run.
Yep, let her rip.

Defense against the run has to start with the DTs - and ours seem to be missing. Any comment on Rankins and Collins? Our OL is bad, but at least we have key pieces due to return from the IR. Collins and Rankins are our starters and were being counted on.
Say that reminds me, those guys showed up & showed out last week. MIA this week.

That's what it's like for "rebuilding" teams. We may not see them again the rest of the season. They may show up next week with a vengence.

Likewise, don't be surprised if Nico disappears like the many WRs that flashed a little something something never to be heard of again.

Fingers crossed.

Back