Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Poll - win total/reasons for optimism

How many Texans wins in '23?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These members picked 6 wins.

DocBar spek steelbtexan texanhead08 TexCanada heymak Chris surfintexas Toro Bravo TxnsJuggernaut1.

But hey we have the right to change our vote and repeat it a 1000 times.

The point is directed at the name highlighted.
Apparently you didn't read my post before the season. I'm just glad that got QB play that allowed this team to play above their ability due to injury.

I apologize for being all off in your head.

These members picked 6 wins.

DocBar spek steelbtexan texanhead08 TexCanada heymak Chris surfintexas Toro Bravo TxnsJuggernaut1.

But hey we have the right to change our vote and repeat it a 1000 times.

Have you looked at the schedule and the talent that has been added particularly on defense? If Stroud plays like Purdy did last yr then 10 wins should be expected not looked at as some great achievement. Fans have been conditioned to have lowered expectations when it comes to the Kirby crew. I can see you're one of the fans the McNair's can count on to drink the kool aid and still not expect much out of the team. Expectations should've changed when the Derrick draft picks were spent on Stroud/Anderson last draft. Injury could change the win total, but the talent is there. This isn't about me being right, this is about the Texans org being right, even if they dont really care about the product on the field. (McNair's)

To me 6 wins is the minimum expectation. The floor and any less will be a let down.

I could see them coming away with 9 wins. This team will play hard for Demeco, the defense will be night and day especially against the run, and we upgraded on offense in Rb, WR, and QB. Stingley will have a better than expected year because he will be used the way he is supposed to be. That will be one of the best stories for me.

Coach if the year would be Demeco.
Rookie defensive player of the year- Anderson
I don’t think we will get ROPY. But we could have a chance if Tank has some incredible returns and catches.

I predicted nine. So should I root for the Colts this Saturday. I am conflicted. What’s more important - being right or being a fan?

Or am I right because in a regular 16 game season I would be?

Edit - And oh yeah - I hoped Stingley would have a good year which I am more than happy about cause he did.

We are going to be AFC South Division Champs this year. That’s the goal this year.

I base it on nothing more than being a fan. And we had a great draft, great FA pickup, and a great HC. Everything has come together. We have a pretty good roster. It is good enough to win the AFC South.

Because the Jags suck. Titans suck. Colts suck.

Yes. I am that guy. That fan.

There is still a chance!

If we win then thunderkyss, DBCooper, ArmyBengal, DrumBeatsLouder get Thorn’s stash!

If we lose it’s Hervoyel, TheRealJoker, Grams, ObsiWan, JRingo, Mangler, Rich Schmidt, Texansballer74, CWTexansFan, wasntme, mws, Bayouboy1965.

Go Texans!
Do we get to pick the cultivar?

Winning number so far is 7 wins, which isn't unreasonable. Getting 7 or 8 wins this season will show really good improvement, which is what I think we'll get from DeMeco. Of course that depends on if any of the QBs are up to it. LOL
I tried to do some math on this (probably not a good idea!) and came out with 8.71 average.
Any math meisters out there concur with this?
If so, then so far, the Texans have exceeded the average expectancy of wins.
Let's hope they push that a whole lot further.

I picked 6 wins because even though I thought we’d be much more competitive then last season, I thought we’d lose some close games due to having a rookie QB, rookie OC, and rookie HC. Really impressive work by those three. Hopefully we can continue to build on this!

This isn’t the circle jerk thread? Or is this a thread to point at one poster to make a point?

Don’t worry. I found a post that you said “you can see the Texans winning 10 games.”

So go ahead and throw your shoulder out too.
Sounds like a wet nightmare.

Back