Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

PO Game 2..Texans VS Pats....Lets Predict ;)

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
I was actually encouraged with the way both sides of the ball played today. Sure we settled for FGs BUT we moved the ball easily on a good defense. Schaub was Schaub he did nothing special and gave the Bengals their only TD.

BUT i think we win this game because our Defense looked like the Bulls on Parade again, And Arian Foster looked like the 2010 foster again. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this game isnt even close (call me crazy cause i know you will) but i think we beat the Patriots by multiple TDs and we keep brady in check by his standards

Texans 27
Patriots 17

Have a little FAITH texans nation !!!!!

I'll go with 31 to 21 Patriots win.

Just going with an honest observation. Think the Patriots are just a stronger team that is way better coached and Tom Brady is best QB in the league. That's hell of a task to deal with when our offense can't score TD's. I think we'll get some, but trying to outscore Brady right now will be tough.

Hope we can win and I hope that the score is different, but that's about how I see the score.

Remember when we got stomped by the ravens last year and then went into Baltimore with a late round rookie and everyone predicted we'd lose by 30?
And then remember how we almost won anyway?

I think everyone will predict the texans to lose by 20 and well put in a close game. I think we'll win, too

I'm sticking with what I said before the Bengal game, we win our home game and lose on the road.

OK OK look guys everyone here had me wondering so i shook my 8 ball, it got stuck so i had to jiggle it, and i wasnt to fond of the first answer so my second shot it it said outcome looks good.

So chill guys

Bill keeps it classy, goes easy on us:

Pats 45

Texans 10

Sorry, we're going up against a real top notch team. I think the first few possessions it looks promising...then Brady gets into rhythm and he blows the doors off our porous pass defense.

I want the very worst storm possible that still allows us to play.
At both NE and Denver. I want another home game.

Texans = Lambs

Pats = Slaughter

Once again, next week we get to see what a real Super Bowl contender looks like and what a pretender looks like...

Quite sure you can figure out which is which...

I predict lots of whiners on this board throughout the week.

I also predict

Texans 23
Patriots 20

I was at the game today, and had predicted a win. However it was one of the most unimpressive and uninspiring wins I've seen.

Unimpressive because I had hoped that the Texans offense would have been tuned up to go. On the contrary, red zone failures still exist to a worrisome extent. The defense was good, but against a poorly playing Andy Dalton.

Uninspiring because I've never seen a playoff crowd leave a winning game so quiet and tame. It was as if was obvious to them that this team can't stay on the same field as the playoff-experienced Patriots and Brady. Nor can Kubiak match wits with Belichick.

It was a good year. A better year than I had anticipated in wins. But letting that home fled advantage slip through their hands and having to play in New England is a season-ender in my view. I won't predict a score, just an out come: Patriots win.

...The defense was good, but against a poorly playing Andy Dalton...

no the texans defense was great. if it wasn't for the int, they'd have only 6pts. dalton was playing poorly because the bulls pressured him and green was swarmed by our backs and safety.

yeah there's red zone issues but the texans moved the ball well and foster was king.

27-26 good guys.

6.jpg

i think i will just start making a poll. Will we win

Yes or No will be easier and maybe with less negativity haha

do you guys need blood pressure medicine? not even 24 hours after a playoff win everyones freaking outXD enjoy your team they are still in the race, theres alot of other teams who are cleaning out there lockers right now..:rake:

24 Texans
17 Patriots

Bulls On Parade and Foster do their thing, Schaub plays great with 2 td passes and 0 ints.

I just want to see the Texans defense show up, wreak some havoc and bring some excruciating pain. If the Pats win this one I want them to LIMP into the next game with 3rd stringers. Win at ALL cost or at least put up one hell of a fight.

Have to admit I'm not touching this one. I'm going to ride my heart for this game and not my head. The football fan in me tells me one thing and my heart another. I have decided to take my heart and say screw the objectivity.

I just want to see the Texans defense show up, wreak some havoc and bring some excruciating pain. If the Pats win this one I want them to LIMP into the next game with 3rd stringers. Win at ALL cost or at least put up one hell of a fight.

This I can agree with.

If you're gonna' go down, just make sure you knife them in the achilles or something...make them easy prey for their next game.

Do NOT puss out and hoist a white flag like they did last time.

I think this game is within our reach the whole time. But in the end, Pats and Gronk are just too much for our LBs while we dont have Cushing to compliment JJ Watt on the otherside of the ball and they put the game away in the 4th.

The LB units are the difference imo.

Pats 34
Texans 23

Last edited:
We lost the game on paper. So we'll have to win it on the actual field.

We need to be ahead or tied at the half. We can't afford a ST break down. "No Helmet" will have a big game.

We win 26 (2 TDs, 4 FG) - 24 (3 TDs, 1 FG).

If the game is close, I think we win. I think my prediction is 30 - 28 Texans

If the Pats win, I think they will win big. 35 - 12.

But I think the first scenarios is the one I'm sticking to

Let's be realistic. The Texans really struggled against a much lesser opponent than the Patriots at Reliant. In fact, if Dalton doesn't miss AJ Green who was wide open in the endzone, we may not be having this discussion (Tom Brady will not miss those opportunities). If this was the same two teams we saw in September and October, then maybe, but the Patriots right now are miles ahead of the Texans. One thing I guess I'm thankful for about this game is that I have a game with real rooting interest to follow at this stage of the season. Fanbases for 24 other franchises can't say that. Unfortunately, I see it resembling the first game so my interest level will disipate rather quickly. Dan Shaughnessy is still a d*ck though. :kitten:

Question for all of those predicting the Texans to win by scoring in the 30s, where are all those points going to come from? Since the 2nd half of the Titans game, they've scored five offensive TDs in the last 22 quarters they've played in. Now you expect them to put four up on the Pats defense that has only given up more than 20 points just one time since Nov. 18. Good to have faith I suppose.

Last edited:
Question for all of those predicting the Texans to win by scoring in the 30s, where are all those points going to come from? Since the 2nd half of the Titans game, they've scored five offensive TDs in the last 22 quarters they've played in. Now you expect them to put four up on the Pats defense that has only given up more than 20 points just one time since Nov. 18. Good to have faith I suppose.

Pats fan....

Patriots 27-16

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this game isnt even close (call me crazy cause i know you will) but i think we beat the Patriots by multiple TDs and we keep brady in check by his standards

Texans 27
Patriots 17

Has anyone mentioned that a 10 point lead is not multiple TDs?

I'm feeling fairly confident, but I don't trust Gary to do the right thing. I think this will be a stinker of a game, the bulls got their swagger, the offense... well, they look like that guy trying to imitate a guy with swagger.

Kubiak went for it once on 4th & 1, didn't make it. Ginger shanks a 51 yarder. Patriots win

12-9

I predict the Texans will play a much better game this time around and use their TEs to get yards in the middle of the field when the Patriots bring the blitz. Having Graham back will be important, we need those two TEs to both block for Foster on the outside run and create a mismatch between OD and their LBs.

I think Foster gets a ton of work this time and keeps the chains moving. Lots of intermediate passes completed by Schaub, with a deep ball to AJ sprinkled in. Watt gets a bunch of hits on Brady, doing just enough to frustrate him and force uncharacteristic FG attempts by the Pats O, keeping the Texans in the game.

I think it's gonna be a classic. Texans win on a Graham FG in OT.

30 points is 10 field goals.

Remember when we got stomped by the ravens last year and then went into Baltimore with a late round rookie and everyone predicted we'd lose by 30?
And then remember how we almost won anyway?

I think everyone will predict the texans to lose by 20 and well put in a close game. I think we'll win, too

After we lost to the Ravens last year, I remember everyone saying that if we had only had a healthy Matt Schaub instead of a 3rd string rookie QB, we would have best the Ravens, won the AFC title game, and likely gone to the Super Bowl.

Well, here we are with a healthy starting QB. Rock n' roll!

I see a tough game that will come down to the last few minutes...we score with about three minutes left to go up by 7, then our defense holds.

Texans 31
Patriots 24

Texans 45, Patriots 27

Our offense finally erupts for the first time in a long time.

We're going to put up an offensive clinic. Drive after drive. Believe it!

Patriots probably win but the Texans will show up and give them (and ESPN and the media) a scare for ruining the 80th version of Peyton vs Brady.

As long as Kubiak is the head coach, I just don't have the confidence in the Texans to be a truly superior team. A good team, yes, making lots of playoff appearances, yes. But not a team that consistently ranks among the best and brings home some super bowl trophies.

The Texans may put up a somewhat decent fight this weekend, but the NFL will get what it wants. Brady and Manning in the AFC championship game.

As long as Kubiak is the head coach, I just don't have the confidence in the Texans to be a truly superior team. A good team, yes, making lots of playoff appearances, yes. But not a team that consistently ranks among the best and brings home some super bowl trophies.

And this is truly a shame.

I am not the biggest Gary Kubiak fan, again, not in the fan club. I know there are a lot of achievements left on the table & there's a good possibility he won't achieve them. But take a look at what this man has done.

In 7 years, he took what was probably the most mismanaged franchise in the league and made it one of the best. He took an offense that was consistently ranked in the bottom 5 & put it consistently in the top 5. He took a defense that was consistently in the bottom 5 & for three of the last 4 years it's been top 10. We used to have a roster that couldn't make the practice squad of most teams & now our ex-players are on more starting day rosters of any other team.

It's no secret that we have problems. As Houston Texans fans, you've seen those issues since week 1. Yet despite them, he's managed to lead us to a 12-4 season, a second division title, a play-off win.

They're his players, they're his problems... understood. Doesn't change the fact that he's managed 13 wins. Some impressive, some ugly, a few disappointing losses. But come Sunday, only 8 teams are going to be playing the game we love so much & the team we love most of all will be one of them.

Back