Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Playoffs Game Day: Texans vs Browns- Wildcard

Another ghost to exorcise is getting past this round for the 1st time ever meaning they'll have to win a playoff game on the road for the 1st time ever.

5th time's a charm??

This is the big one. If they can do this then the team goes down as the best team in franchise history! Which, like their AFC South title, they were never in the lead until the end of the season. But now this team has gotten to the point that the best teams in Texans history have gotten.

And unlike the 2011 Texans, which we can mostly agree was the most talented Texans team ever, they still have their QB in the divisional round.

This is the big one. If they can do this then the team goes down as the best team in franchise history! Which, like their AFC South title, they were never in the lead until the end of the season. But now this team has gotten to the point that the best teams in Texans history have gotten.

And unlike the 2011 Texans, which we can mostly agree was the most talented Texans team ever, they still have their QB in the divisional round.

It's an awesome spot to be in. Another W and they will go where no Texan team has gone before - the AFC Championship game. The Final Four of the NFL. It's a tough ask. It's looking like it will be @KC or @Baltimore in chilly weather. But, oh, if they could pull it off, they would make Houston pro football history....

Seriously? The Texans hired the HC, OC, and DC from the 49ers. Kyle Shannahan used to work for the Texans. It can't get much more poetic than that. Unless it's the Texans beating the Steelers in Houston in the AFCCG.
Yes. Seriously. And I agree. Just didn’t connect the dots. So I asked on a message board where folks are supposed to have dialogue. However, for me it would be more poetic beating the Steelers in the AFCCG.

Couldn't connect to here from the stadium but that atmosphere was something else. The fans were out and brought it. Browns fans were good sports because they were getting barked at all night lol. No matter what happens in the divisional round this season far exceeds any level of success since I don't think anyone saw this coming. Of course we're more than likely heading to Baltimore unless the Steelers can shock the world.

Couldn't connect to here from the stadium but that atmosphere was something else. The fans were out and brought it. Browns fans were good sports because they were getting barked at all night lol. No matter what happens in the divisional round this season far exceeds any level of success since I don't think anyone saw this coming. Of course we're more than likely heading to Baltimore unless the Steelers can shock the world.

Steelers swept the Ravens this season. Can they make it 3 for 3?

Just now being able to get back on, but wow, what a game.
CJ had a passer rating of 157.2 and I heard a comment on the broadcast this was 1 point below perfect. His QBR was 98.4. 100 is perfect.
So, as per the usual the Texans made a huge blunder and should have moved up to draft Bryce.

I mean, can we never have a competitive and perfect QB or what?! *sigh.... its no wonder we are so helpless to all opponents we face.. week in and week out.

Last edited:
Great game fellas. Tried to log in since way before the game started but I kept getting a “not enough sponsors/certificate expired” message that wouldn’t let me in. I thought the site was taken down or something. Anyway, I hope yall enjoyed this win as much as I did! Good night all!
Yeah, that sponsor message was tripping

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Texans are on an elimination revenge tour.
Colts loss- Avenged with basically playoff elimination
Browns loss- Avenged with playoff elimination
Baltimore loss- There next.

Don't forget we eliminated the Titans as well. Yeah they hadn't beat us but after the trolling with the uniforms they deserved a double douse of revenge. Personally I feel like them beating the Jags was their way of trying to apologize.

I kept getting a site not secure message. I figured it was some sort of hack issue.
I did too, then I thought it must be the Browns trying to cut our communications.

Little did they know I had an LED flash light and a few shadow puppets Im awesome at... so I made one that looked like a dog so I had to reboot Lassie as a black lab.

"What is it girl? Timmys dumb donkey fell in the well again?"

"Ohhh, Timmy is in the well....and he is a stupid... HEY Lassie you watch your mouth this is a wholesome family show"

My coworkers looked at me funny.... but I think they were just start struck thinking "Wow, he knows a real celebrity."

Unsung heroes:

John Metchie finally got to be a positive contributor! He made plays as a WR, runner and blocker. Lets hope he builds on this performance. We need him now more than ever.

Brevin Jordan! We only saw one pass for him but boy was it a good one. Where has this speed been all his career?!

Play of the game?! Too many to choose from but I do want to single out Steven Nelson’s pick six:

The pressure by Barnett forces the bad throw which Nelson easily picks off. Cashman absolutely obliterates Wyatt Teller sending him rolling downfield. Poor Stingley tried to do the same immediately after but did not have the same umph… but hey he did his part and got in the way!
Completely agree with your play of the game. The video was great. Consummate team play. Nelson and the D looked like the bulls running in Pamplona picking off the tourists that get in the way….Toros. Also reminded me of a stealth bomber with its shield of F-34’s streaking down the sideline, lol.

Completely agree with your play of the game. The video was great. Consummate team play. Nelson and the D looked like the bulls running in Pamplona picking off the tourists that get in the way….Toros. Also reminded me of a stealth bomber with its shield of F-35’s streaking down the sideline, lol.
FIFY

Screaming A Smith said the reason Browns would win is because this is a historic level defense which specializes in man coverage and CJ is bottom 5 in man coverage. Seems he doesn't realize CJ is bottom 5 because he only throws into man coverage if he has no other choice. Might be part of the reason he also only has 5 NFL career interceptions.
And his show this morning they spent ZERO seconds on the Texans playoff win.

A better question is if anyone think the Texans could’ve made it this far with Bryce Young?

“If there is a QB you want to get him” is what was said.

Answer - No. CJ is more than anyone predicted.
No, it was said there was no QB this year to compare with next years class and it would be better to wait and just build the team this year. Wrong on so many levels, but most have admitted that and have eaten their crow. NC is now acknowledged to be smarter than the fans on a message board

Anyone think the Texans could've made it this far with Davis Mills, Anderson,and the #12 pick and 33?
What if...
We take Will Anderson at #2 then...
Will Levis at #12
And O'Cyrus Torrence at #33?
Levis lands in a more favourable spot here but I think needs time to develop.

I'm thinking Texans still want a QB so they take him where they have their chance.
This is a "without hindsight" redo. :)
They would have had their chance at 33. I don't think they wanted Levis anyway

No, it was said there was no QB this year to compare with next years class and it would be better to wait and just build the team this year. Wrong on so many levels, but most have admitted that and have eaten their crow. NC is now acknowledged to be smarter than the fans on a message board

It was also said to trade up from two to one for Young. Which was also wrong.

I agree Caserio is smarter than all of us who were slap fighting each other with various solutions.

To be fair thats more than most teams can say about their GM?

Back