Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Playoffs Game Day: Texans vs Browns- Wildcard

Unsung heroes:

John Metchie finally got to be a positive contributor! He made plays as a WR, runner and blocker. Lets hope he builds on this performance. We need him now more than ever.

Brevin Jordan! We only saw one pass for him but boy was it a good one. Where has this speed been all his career?!

Play of the game?! Too many to choose from but I do want to single out Steven Nelson’s pick six:

The pressure by Barnett forces the bad throw which Nelson easily picks off. Cashman absolutely obliterates Wyatt Teller sending him rolling downfield. Poor Stingley tried to do the same immediately after but did not have the same umph… but hey he did his part and got in the way!

Couldn''t comment during the game because I couldn't access the board, but did anyone else notice that the Texans got away with Tunsil being illegally downfield on the Collins screen TD? Tunsil was 3-4 yards downfield when CJ threw the screen. Is there a rule I'm missing?

Couldn''t comment during the game because I couldn't access the board, but did anyone else notice that the Texans got away with Tunsil being illegally downfield on the Collins screen TD? Tunsil was 3-4 yards downfield when CJ threw the screen. Is there a rule I'm missing?
There were a lot of penalties on both sides not called

Was the ball thrown behind the line of scrimmage? I don't recall, but if it is, then I don't think it is an issue to be down field

Reactions: JB
Against the league's #1 defense. A "Super Bowl defense" as Chris Simms often repeated on the pre-game show.
The story of the turnaround between Xmas eve and last night was that CJ Stroud really is on that level where he can find the crease in even the best D’s in the NFL, when we think of ‘superbowl D’ we are thinking of a bygone era when defence really could win championships, now the best O’s in the league, led by great QBs, have enough of the rules in their favour that they will eat cake against even the best D’s and it’s the big play turnover that a good D must play for in order to win.
The Texans managed to get pressure on Flacco to cause the first INT, pretty even game to that point, the turnover blew it wide open and the Texans quickly stretched to a blowout win.

I do think Flacco hadn’t got a lot of tape in that O and is maybe why he had previously looked so good, I’m cautious that the Texans may look more normal against a better O, we’ll have to wait and see.

Our next opponent will be far superior though.
Bring them on. This team is reminding me of the '81 Niners. They were coming off a 6-10 season with a young QB. Received contributions from unknown at the time players. And had a great draft class, including a HOFer. Upset a highly regarded team to get to the Super Bowl for the Niners 1st championship.

I would be lying if I said I saw this coming. But it's coming.

Last edited:
The story of the turnaround between Xmas eve and last night was that CJ Stroud really is on that level where he can find the crease in even the best D’s in the NFL, when we think of ‘superbowl D’ we are thinking of a bygone era when defence really could win championships, now the best O’s in the league, led by great QBs, have enough of the rules in their favour that they will eat cake against even the best D’s and it’s the big play turnover that a good D must play for in order to win.
The Texans managed to get pressure on Flacco to cause the first INT, pretty even game to that point, the turnover blew it wide open and the Texans quickly stretched to a blowout win.

I do think Flacco hadn’t got a lot of tape in that O and is maybe why he had previously looked so good, I’m cautious that the Texans may look more normal against a better O, we’ll have to wait and see.
If the Texans can game plan to this level 3 weeks after playing Flacco, imagine what they can do with a full season of tape on an O.
This was a team win, not just an offensive win.

WTF. SITE CRASHED FOR 5 mns

I couldn't get on from a few minutes before the game until this morning.

Flacco is 11/12 , 146 yards,

Somethings needs to change....

It did!!!!!

Forum attendance seems way down for a playoff game. Perhaps others can't even get in....

Couldn't get on.

Great game fellas. Tried to log in since way before the game started but I kept getting a “not enough sponsors/certificate expired” message that wouldn’t let me in. I thought the site was taken down or something. Anyway, I hope yall enjoyed this win as much as I did! Good night all!

I jumped over to Clutchfans and tried back here occasionally.

Against the league's #1 defense. A "Super Bowl defense" as Chris Simms often repeated on the pre-game show.

Screaming A Smith said the reason Browns would win is because this is a historic level defense which specializes in man coverage and CJ is bottom 5 in man coverage. Seems he doesn't realize CJ is bottom 5 because he only throws into man coverage if he has no other choice. Might be part of the reason he also only has 5 NFL career interceptions.

So many demons exorcised this season..

deshaun-face-v0-s3see5kotacc1.jpeg

I love this pic!

lol

Still can't acess the site from my mobile device but it seems to be working on my laptop finally. Not sure what happened.

Anyways...What a damn game and performance! Stroud is something we haven't seen in a long time. It may be early to say generational, but he is playing like a skilled vet. Everyone did their job and this team is looking to make some more noise moving forward. Who would have thought, divisonal round once again. I am more conifdent than ever that this team has the ability to get to the AFC championship, just have to stay locked in. Excited to have another week of football to watch!

Still can't acess the site from my mobile device but it seems to be working on my laptop finally. Not sure what happened.

Anyways...What a damn game and performance! Stroud is something we haven't seen in a long time. It may be early to say generational, but he is playing like a skilled vet. Everyone did their job and this team is looking to make some more noise moving forward. Who would have thought, divisonal round once again. I am more conifdent than ever that this team has the ability to get to the AFC championship, just have to stay locked in. Excited to have another week of football to watch!
I pulled the screen down so it could refresh and it started working on my mobile phone.

Back