Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pick 40

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Sanity states ...."the first step in self improvement, begins with the admission that you have a problem." O'Brien has come to grips with his ineptitude .... his rational is, the fewer the draft picks, the less opportunity for mistakes !!

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
At #40 we should have a choice of Jordan Elliott or Justin Madubuike.

@ 90 Maybe one of the coveted DBs will fall ??

Our first 3 picks should net us starters by years end.

:coffee:
Good thing about drafting Zuniga is if healthy he can drop down inside on passing downs that allows you to have Watt /Mercilus/Martin all on the field at the same time.
Bah can speak better to this than I can.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
I don't see where trading up makes sense. Don't see where any one player will have a significant impact.

I'd rather a small trade down to get additional picks.

However, we don't really know how Obrien will do heading up the draft.

Last edited:

mussop

Hall of Fame
Swift has too much of an injury history for my taste. Jonathan Taylor is my guy. I also like Dobbins alot. However if talent is there and it should be, 40 has to go to the defense.
Why does everyone want defense when this is the era of offense? KC gutted their defense last year. Make the offense unstoppable and out score everyone. add a few guys on defense that are adept at creating turnovers. if we used our entire draft on defense we still ain’t stopping the chiefs. I’d rather match their firepower and shoot it out with them and let the chips fall where they may. He’ll the 9ers have a ton of talent on their defense and look what it did for them.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Why does everyone want defense when this is the era of offense? KC gutted their defense last year. Make the offense unstoppable and out score everyone. add a few guys on defense that are adept at creating turnovers. if we used our entire draft on defense we still ain’t stopping the chiefs. I’d rather match their firepower and shoot it out with them and let the chips fall where they may. He’ll the 9ers have a ton of talent on their defense and look what it did for them.
and by the looks of the draft so far this is the theory the rest of the AFC West is on board with. I’d like to see a DE and S at some point but I’d be all in on becoming a scoring juggernaut as well

zshawn10

All Pro
Best available (according to Dane Brugler)

20. J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (5-10, 209)
22. Josh Jones, OT, Houston (6-5, 319)
26. D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (5-8, 212)
27. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (5-10, 226)
28. Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn (6-3, 303)
30. Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State (6-6, 311)
31. Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State (6-5, 266)
32. A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa (6-5, 275)
33. Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (6-1, 205)
34. Xavier McKinney, DS, Alabama (6-0, 201)
35. Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (6-3, 207)
36. Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin (6-2, 238)
37. Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (6-3, 290)
38. Lloyd Cushenberry III, OC, LSU (6-3, 312)
41. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (6-0, 193)
42. Josh Uche, EDGE, Michigan (6-1, 245)
43. Jeremy Chinn, DS, Southern Illinois (6-3, 221)
45. Kyle Dugger, DS, Lenoir-Rhyne (6-1, 217)
46. Grant Delpit, DS, LSU (6-3, 213)
47. Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado (6-1, 227)
49. Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (6-3, 293)
50. Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
51. Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama (6-5, 262)
52. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (6-4, 216)
53. KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State (5-9, 178)
54. Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State (6-2, 224)
56. Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton (6-5, 255)
57. Ashtyn Davis, DS, California (6-1, 202)
58. Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (6-6, 262)
59. Willie Gay Jr., LB, Mississippi State (6-1, 243)
60. Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (6-0, 197)
61. Robert Hunt, OG, Louisiana (6-5, 323)
63. Antoine Winfield Jr., DS, Minnesota (5-9, 203)
64. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (6-4, 238)
65. Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State (6-2, 265)
66. Matt Hennessy, OC, Temple (6-4, 307)
68. Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri (6-4, 302)
70. Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma (6-2, 304)
71. Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (5-10, 217)
72. Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State (6-3, 247)
73. Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama (6-6, 311)
74. Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina (6-3, 212)
75. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming (6-2, 241)
76. Jacob Eason, QB, Washington (6-6, 231)
77. Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (6-2, 219)
78. James Lynch, DT, Baylor (6-4, 289)
79. Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech (5-8, 187)
80. Jonathan Greenard, EDGE, Florida (6-3, 263)
81. Terrell Burgess, DS, Utah (5-11, 202)
82. John Simpson, OG, Clemson (6-4, 321)
83. Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (6-2, 188)
84. Van Jefferson, WR, Florida (6-2, 200)
85. Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (6-5, 243)
86. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (6-5, 308)
87. Zack Moss, RB, Utah (5-9, 223)
88. Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (6-1, 202)
89. Bradlee Anae, EDGE, Utah (6-3, 257)
90. Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (6-6, 315)
91. Josiah Scott, CB, Michigan State (5-9, 185)
92. Nick Harris, OC, Washington (6-1, 302)
93. Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State (6-4, 320)
94. Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida (6-3, 264)
95. Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA (5-11, 212)
96. Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State (5-10, 203)
97. K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State (6-0, 196)
98. Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa (6-1, 205)
99. Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (6-5, 258)
100. Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (6-1, 222)

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Tytus Howard + Josh Jones >>> Laremy Tunsil + two 1sts

Im starting to lock in on Epenesa as OBriens preferred target with 40.

Toro Bravo

Rookie
Because giving up 51 points in 3 quarters will not win a super bowl.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I would like Marlon D, in our division you have to stuff the run, and he can also get some interior rush. Edge would be my second choice, still two good ones, then safety. I see the AFC West is trying to outscore and not stop KC, but think we can get the RB later. Kind of hope a run on RB starts so defense options stay on board

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
With 7 players going off the board before we pick, there's still going to be a load of talent. Hopefully there will be that one player that a team sitting at 41 thru 45 just has to have and will be willing to slightly overpay to move up. I'd like an extra 3 or 4 to move down just a few picks.
Jaylon Johnson or Gross-Matos could be that guy.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
The hot rumor was OB trading back into the 1st...but it didn't happen. And as the draft went on I don't know if we needed to. Due to Corona (I think) teams seemed hesitant to do much that wasn't a safe choice they say at the combine. Making a lot of very good talent still around when we start tonight. Now, would we trade into the 2nd round after our first pick? Maybe, as I said before a lot of good talent is still on the board and almost every position has 3+ players who might be starter ready. Trading back to get another 2nd round pick is something that would not be awful... unless we gave away too much to do it

Wolf12339

Waterboy
We won’t. No way we make a huge deal for David Johnson then use our first pick on a RB. We will go RB in round 5. Epenesa is my choice at pick 40 if he’s still available. Best Edge available in my opinion.
Not a Epenesa fan really. He isn't athletic and has a terrible body.

TexanBorn51

Veteran
Where is the draft forum? I see it here but it says Pick 40 but then there is the Nfl Draft board forum saying post over there. I'm moving I just posted over there too.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
My guys are still there:

Jordan Elliott
Justin Madubuike
Neville Gallimore

@90 WR if Claypool or Edwards still there.

Texansballer74

The Marine
The hot rumor was OB trading back into the 1st...but it didn't happen. And as the draft went on I don't know if we needed to. Due to Corona (I think) teams seemed hesitant to do much that wasn't a safe choice they say at the combine. Making a lot of very good talent still around when we start tonight. Now, would we trade into the 2nd round after our first pick? Maybe, as I said before a lot of good talent is still on the board and almost every position has 3+ players who might be starter ready. Trading back to get another 2nd round pick is something that would not be awful... unless we gave away too much to do it

Now the rumor is he's trying to acquire another second round pick. Lol