Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[Pick 195] Roy Lopez DT: Arizona

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Just got back from a mini-trip. Are the Texans done? Looks like the rest of the picks were traded.

HuttoKarl

Veteran
Y’all must not watch any college ball. Y’all have b1tched and moaned about every pick even though Caserio had almost nothing to work with. Y’all thank Professor Butt Chin for our lack of draft picks.
If Houston would have traded Watson early on when he asked to be traded Houston would have had a ton of picks to work with.

Mangler

Toro de España
If Houston would have traded Watson early on when he asked to be traded Houston would have had a ton of picks to work with.
No they would have not. The deal would have fallen through once the sexual assault cases went public, shortly after he requested to be traded. Trust me, the league would have never allowed the Texans to just steal their trade partner’s draft picks. Probably would have been a huge lawsuit over this if they even tried it.

Jack Burton

Veteran
No they would have not. The deal would have fallen through once the sexual assault cases went public, shortly after he requested to be traded. Trust me, the league would have never allowed the Texans to just steal their trade partner’s draft picks. Probably would have been a huge lawsuit over this if they even tried it.
Which would have only added to the east coast media hate of HOU. There was never going to be a trade of Watson as you said and Caserio has played this extremely well after being tossed a giant turd into his lap the moment he took the job.

NastyNate

I go kerplunk
The story literally broke within a day of the official league year starting. The moment that story dropped the trade would have been rescinded by the league. Stop parroting this ridiculously uninformed opinion. HE COULD NOT BE TRADED TO ANY TEAM FOR ANY COMPENSATION.

Dejaview

All Pro
In NC’s press conference Saturday evening he talked about his draft process. Pretty much indicated that they had defensive players they liked but the board didn’t fall that way. Said he didnt want to draft a D player just to draft one unless they wanted him. Seemed to indicate this was a weaker D draft than for O. All that said he seemed to like this guy. Liked his instinct, strength, ethic and indicated his leverage was due to other factors (ie. Wrestling). BTW said DC’s dad passed away yesterday. Edit. Sorry Nate, I don’t know how your post got attached to this...but I did agree with it, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I always like seeing OL/DL with wrestling experience. Lopez can compete with Dunn to be the Booger Mcfarland NT type in this scheme. Just hold your ground and let the LBs run free.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
For a TE, sure. But I haven’t seen any 6-2 315# basketball players moving their feet.
DJ Reader was the starting center on his HS basketball team.

New England hit on a college wrestler 15 or so years ago, and people still make it out like it's a big deal. Most of the wrestlers coming into the league are stiff and nonathletic. A lot of these guys aren't close to 300 in high school. If they aren't playing roundball, I look for guys that threw the shot or discus. The league is about movement. Not playing in a phone booth.

Dejaview

All Pro
DJ Reader was the starting center on his HS basketball team.

New England hit on a college wrestler 15 or so years ago, and people still make it out like it's a big deal. Most of the wrestlers coming into the league are stiff and nonathletic. A lot of these guys aren't close to 300 in high school. If they aren't playing roundball, I look for guys that threw the shot or discus. The league is about movement. Not playing in a phone booth.
Lol, hey I can go hitting on some outliers. Edit. This is position specific. A basketball body is specific. So what forward do you want in the middle, lol

Texian

Hall of Fame
Y’all must not watch any college ball. Y’all have b1tched and moaned about every pick even though Caserio had almost nothing to work with. Y’all thank Professor Butt Chin for our lack of draft picks.
It's not the lack of draft picks people are b1tching about. It the actual drafts picks and the picks being traded away that they are complaining about.