Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

[Pick 195] Roy Lopez DT: Arizona

Dejaview

Veteran
DJ Reader was the starting center on his HS basketball team.

New England hit on a college wrestler 15 or so years ago, and people still make it out like it's a big deal. Most of the wrestlers coming into the league are stiff and nonathletic. A lot of these guys aren't close to 300 in high school. If they aren't playing roundball, I look for guys that threw the shot or discus. The league is about movement. Not playing in a phone booth.
Also there is more than the physical attributes. It’s that mental toughness too. Here’s an experiment I’d like to see in TC. Find a 7’ - 7’2” guy with long arms, perhaps European league or semipro and try him on ST’s to see if he can block a few field goals or perhaps distract the kicker enough to change the trajectory of his kicks. I’d even see if he could go after a lob pass on a first and goal type situation. Don’t know if it’s ever been tried.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Also there is more than the physical attributes. It’s that mental toughness too. Here’s an experiment I’d like to see in TC. Find a 7’ - 7’2” guy with long arms, perhaps European league or semipro and try him on ST’s to see if he can block a few field goals or perhaps distract the kicker enough to change the trajectory of his kicks. I’d even see if he could go after a lob pass on a first and goal type situation. Don’t know if it’s ever been tried.
There was a guy named Stroud on the 70's Chiefs team that used to stand under the goalposts and reject long FG attempts.

Also Harold Carmicheal a 6'8 WR who was a HOF type guy in his era was the WR you're describing. Made a SB with the Eagles.

Dejaview

Veteran
There was a guy named Stroud on the 70's Chiefs team that used to stand under the goalposts and reject long FG attempts.

Also Harold Carmicheal a 6'8 WR who was a HOF type guy in his era was the WR you're describing. Made a SB with the Eagles.
A seven footer with long arms and some jumping ability may be hard to defend. Conversely Yao Ming standing seven yards in front of me waving his arms and jumping around would bother my ass, especially on longer, lower trajectory FG’s And low angles to work with.

JB

Old Curmudgeon
Contributor's Club
Ed Jones was 6'9" and blocked 9 kicks