Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Phillip Lindsay signs with the Texans

Jack Burton

Veteran
You know for being a "joke laughing stock franchise" sure seems like a lot of teams are signing.

Almost like maybe ownership/non-O'Brien management isn't as much of a problem as people think?
These are all one year, two year deals. All these guys just want to play in the league and want a chance.
Caserio is turning over the roster. Getting rid of the old guard, complainers and negative Nancys and replacing them with hungry guys who just want a chance to play for the new HC.
It’s all cheap all short term rebuilding.
Hopefully, while this is happening, he’s got the real trade in the works too.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This is a good signing. Watch Lindsay become the best RB on the team.
I believe he had a down year last season. But yeah, hopefully we don't suffer from whatever dysfunction the Broncos had last season. This kid is a player & possible home run for the Texans.

Can't see Lindsay, Ingram, & Johnson all making the 53. So kinda wondering about restructuring DJ...

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I believe he had a down year last season. But yeah, hopefully we don't suffer from whatever dysfunction the Broncos had last season. This kid is a player & possible home run for the Texans.

Can't see Lindsay, Ingram, & Johnson all making the 53. So kinda wondering about restructuring DJ...
True, and I have no doubt Ingram is a lock. Maybe Johnson is the odd man out. Seeing we will have to have 3 QBs as Watson is going to be involved with legal issues, traded, suspended by the NFL or in jail (if he isn't careful).

Jack Burton

Veteran

The Donkos tried to have Gordon be the feature back and all he did was fumble. He’s an above average back they overpaid for. He’s just not that good.
Lindsey was left out in the cold because of it.
He has his downsides. He’s a home run type of back and isn’t a very big pass catcher. Hes not very powerful and he needs space to operate.

badboy

Hall of Fame
These are all one year, two year deals. All these guys just want to play in the league and want a chance.
Caserio is turning over the roster. Getting rid of the old guard, complainers and negative Nancys and replacing them with hungry guys who just want a chance to play for the new HC.
I hope that does not happen on this message board. :thinking:

You know for being a "joke laughing stock franchise" sure seems like a lot of players are signing.

Almost like maybe ownership/non-O'Brien management isn't as much of a problem as people think?
We will rise again (so to speak). People here gonna cry cause we did no trade for this guy. :d

this is a good signing. NC is trtying to get as much competition in every position as possible. This is a man who understands how to build teams.

Culley is the teacher, NC is getting as much students see who rises to the top

A total departure from BOB who shopped the UDFA and never played any of em cause he did not trust any of them. That was weird.

Last edited:

dream_team

Hall of Fame
If the Texans had cut David Johnson, I would have loved this backfield of Ingram & Lindsay. But I don't understand having 10mil invested in the backfield of mediocre guys. I don't see how it would make sense to keep all 3. Ingram has the least amount of dead cap, so is he the most likely one out?

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Aren’t the majority of players signing cheap 1 year deals this off season?
With the cap in recession for 1 year only, and possibly jumping to $250M next year with the new TV deal, agents would be foolish not to want their players back on the market next year.

Lyndsay seems a good 1 year pickup, but I hope the Texans are sniffing for truffles on day 3 of the draft and UDFA, because I don’t want us signing an old RB to a long term deal next off-season.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
His negatives:
A few drop balls.
A turf toe, a hip and knee injury in the second half of last year.
If he can avoid injury, he can be an excellent pick up.

His hip injury was a hip pointer and his knee injury was an MCL........both needed rest, therefore IR.........should not be a long-term concern.

He suffered a right wrist injury........a scaphoid fracture with ligament damage which required surgery the end of the 2018 season. He also ruptured his ACL in 2012, an injury that he bounced back commendably.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Aren’t the majority of players signing cheap 1 year deals this off season?
With the cap in recession for 1 year only, and possibly jumping to $250M next year with the new TV deal, agents would be foolish not to want their players back on the market next year.

Lyndsay seems a good 1 year pickup, but I hope the Texans are sniffing for truffles on day 3 of the draft and UDFA, because I don’t want us signing an old RB to a long term deal next off-season.
I don't think the Texans have many day-3 picks left, do they?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
As it should be.

Party's over guys

BTW, this is the best RB room the Texans have had in yrs.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame

If we go by Baltimore/New England's backfields then there should be more than enough room for all three to not only make the roster but be a significant part of the gameplan week to week.

I suspect this team will be run-heavy with or without Watson. Tyrod/Finley are mobile as well and can threaten defenses on the ground. Not to the same extent as Watson/Lamar Jackson obviously but beggars can't be choosers.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
As it should be.

Party's over guys

BTW, this is the best RB room the Texans have had in yrs.

I agree, this is the best RB room the Texans have had since Foster/Tate. All three RBs are capable of being 1000 yard rushers. I can see this team running the ball 40+ times a game if the OL can do their part (which the addition of Cannon helps in the trenches). If they can drain the clock the defense automatically looks better due to less time on the field. Not the prettiest way to be competitive but ball control offense/limit turnovers and minimize big plays on defense/make opposing team drive the length of the field to score is a proven formula for success.

With Tyrod they have a QB that can threaten with his legs and limits turnovers. They have the RB stable to control the clock. Now gotta figure out if the new OL coach/Culley can fix the line enough with scheme/improving existing talent to be able to control the trenches. The bar was not set high from previous regime.

They have quality OTs in Tunsil/Cannon, Howard will be a solid starter wherever he winds up on OL, hopefully Campen can turn Scharping around enough to contribute positively. If Britt can be a hit they might have something with the OL.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
If we go by Baltimore/New England's backfields then there should be more than enough room for all three to not only make the roster but be a significant part of the gameplan week to week.

I suspect this team will be run-heavy with or without Watson. Tyrod/Finley are mobile as well and can threaten defenses on the ground. Not to the same extent as Watson/Lamar Jackson obviously but beggars can't be choosers.
This does look like a run-oriented line up.
Ingram to pound when they need the tough yards, DJ as the receiving thread out of the backfield, and Lindsay for the standard set.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
This does look like a run-oriented line up.
Ingram to pound when they need the tough yards, DJ as the receiving thread out of the backfield, and Lindsay for the standard set.
Yep. Or you could compare them to Burkhead/James White/Sony Michel/Damien Harris in New England. All three of these guys will contribute and add in whoever plays under QB to add additional threat like Lamar Jackson/Cam Newton in Baltimore/New England.

Texian

Hall of Fame
You know for being a "joke laughing stock franchise" sure seems like a lot of players are signing.

OR if they didn't sign with the Texans they wouldn't be signed by anyone else. AKA as the team of last resort. Gotta get paid.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
OR if they didn't sign with the Texans they wouldn't be signed by anyone else. AKA as the team of last resort. Gotta get paid.
Could be right. But i'd rephrase to say that the players signed have the best opportunity to play on this team than other teams where they are merely competing for a roster spot. Particularly the defensive players that have been signed thus far. The defense is lacking in talent and needs to be retooled for a new scheme. Which gives incoming players prime opportunities for playing time.

Players like Marcus Cannon and Shaq Lawson they traded for because they would have a market when cut regardless of team.

And then of course somebody like Lindsay/Mark Ingram are here because they thinks their role will give them more leverage for next season than a one year deal with another team. Him and Ingram's contractsn are my favorite so far. Basically got both of them for cheaper than a Chris Carson. And considering what i'd project their roles to be this season in a run-heavy offense I think the Texans will get more production from this pair than Seattle will with Carson. Especially factoring in RB injury risk and a 17 game regular season.

I would rather we get rid of DJ and give Scottie Phillips a real shot at making the team.

I love this signing. I'm looking forward to watching him in a Texan uniform.

David Johnson, Phillip Lindsay and Mark Ingram looks like it could be effective. I expect to add another 2 RB's for training camp.
I thought Scottie Phillips showed promise. I guess he is not in the Texans plans.

I agree Nick is on point with most of the guys he is getting. Finley
is a question but with what is going on with Watson...better get another one too. Just incase Taylor (who is likely starting) is hurt. We need options right now until we can trade Watson. That is IF we can.
All the reports claim the Texans are still getting calls from teams inquiring about a trade for DW4. At some point NC is going to have to s**t or get off the pot.

As far as the rb situation goes I look forward to seeing how that plays out.

Last edited: