Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Phillip Lindsay signs with the Texans

Texansphan

All Pro
All the reports claim the Texans are still getting calls from teams inquiring about a trade for DW4. At some point NC is going to have to s**t or get off the pot.

As far as the rb situation goes I look forward to seeing how that plays out.
I can imagine. There will be plenty of offers of second round picks I bet.😅

Texansphan

All Pro
This is the problem, he’s still got all the answer machine messages offering 2 firsts, 2 2nds and a pro bowler that he turned down. Gonna be hard to accept what’s on offer now.
Now that criminal charges have been made to the police, I think this drags on and there will be no trades before the draft. Unless someone is silly enough to put out a strong offer regardless and I can't see that happening.

SnakeEyes

Veteran
That's a good signing. I don't know most of the players NC has gone after but Lindsey is legit.
According to the staff, every player is going to get a shot at playing. They want competition and the best player/players are going to play. I also have heard we will have pre season games. So, think season we will see how players respond to true game speed. If not even quality players across the board.

powda

Let's ride a comet with Jack!
According to the staff, every player is going to get a shot at playing. They want competition and the best player/players are going to play. I also have heard we will have pre season games. So, think season we will see how players respond to true game speed. If not even quality players across the board.

We'll see how it plays out. More often then not it's just coach jargon.

OptimisticTexan

2021 Building Block 1 / Go Texans
At 100% he can create some problems for the defense trying to stop him. I like the signing and teamed with Ingram could be a good 1-2 punch combo.
I'd still like to see RB- Trey Sermon, Ohio St fall into the Texans RD3 or RD4 picks. With the current RB's it wouldn't force onto the field early unless for injury and still make him the future at the position.

SnakeEyes

Veteran
I'd still like to see RB- Trey Sermon, Ohio St fall into the Texans RD3 or RD4 picks. With the current RB's it wouldn't force onto the field early unless for injury and still make him the future at the position.
I do like Trey. The issue is IF a QB like Trask, Newman or Mills are still around in the 3rd I can easily get behind drafting one. Which one...hard to say. Now if he lasts to the 4th...sign me up for drafting Trey.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Just ran across a good explanation of what led up to Denver letting Lindsay go. The way our offense is seemingly shaping up, Lindsay will be an excellent fit and likely could return to his rookie form. Could turn out to be a real steal and the best back since Foster.
...When the Broncos brought in Pat Shurmur to replace recently-fired offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello, the entire strategy shifted.

Scangarello's offense relied heavily on misdirection. There were a lot of scheduled runs, a lot of quarterback under center looks, play-action, and a moving pocket. Rarely did you see the offense in three-WR sets outside of obvious passing situations. This offense played to Lindsay's strengths.

Shurmur’s offense, on the other hand, has a stark contrast in approach. His philosophy is more about spreading the defense out and pushing the ball downfield. This means a lot of 11 personnel (1 TE, 1 RB, 3 WRs). That package puts a lot more stress on the running back to block effectively, which is one of the weaker areas of Lindsay's game...

Last edited:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Just ran across a good explanation of what led up to Denver letting Lindsay go. The way our offense is seemingly shaping up, Lindsay will be an excellent fit and likely could return to his rookie form. Could turn out to be a real steal and the best back since Foster.

Lindsay was never known for his blocking.