Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Philadelphia Eagles @ Houston Texans. 11/2. Noon. FOX. **Official Battle Red Thread**

Battle: Wearing Red, Part XV

2rgkxt0.jpg

fromNFLcom_logo.gif
Picks

cbssports-logo.png
Picks

espn_logo.jpg
Picks

The Philadelphia Eagles' turnover issues are impeding their progress toward a second straight NFC East title.

Keeping the ball secure figures to be no easier Sunday in Houston with a Texans' pass rush consisting of J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney.

Philadelphia (5-2) hasn't lost back-to-back games since its 3-5 start to 2013, going 12-3 since Nick Foles took over the starting quarterback job for good almost exactly a year ago.

"I have to do a better job," said Foles, who is also dealing with a banged-up offensive line. "Words can't describe it. I have to keep working on fundamentals, footwork and decision-making. I'm going to keep studying film and keep working. It's all correctable and I can fix it. My words don't mean anything. I have to go out there and prove it."

Doing so against Houston (4-4) could be difficult. Houston has taken the ball away 17 times, more than every team other than Buffalo (18).

McCoy back on track - now gets best run defense The Associated Press
Watt has five sacks in the last three games with a forced or recovered fumble in each.

Clowney, meanwhile, returned in Sunday's 30-16 win at Tennessee after a six-game absence due to a knee injury. The No. 1 overall pick didn't start and was limited to one tackle, but the linebacker is expected to contribute more against the Eagles.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/eagles-texans-preview-142550242--nfl.html

What I want to see:

• Take the ball away! Philly can be very turnover prone; doing so disrupts their rhythm
  • Keep Philly off schedule. With their no huddle/fast-paced O, getting them in 2nd, 3rd and long is key.
  • Keep them off the field offensively. Pounding the rock keeps their defense on the field, not allowing them to get hot offensively.
  • Get the TEs involved more. Eagles have solid LBs, but need to test them in coverage.

Welcome to NRG, and the R stands for RED. Time to go to work before the bye! This is a day we kick ass, so let's show what we can do. How 'bout this? Get this W, go to 5-4, and get our asses right back over .500. Sound good? Thought so. Would be the best win of the year, hands down, so let's do it! LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!

09-FOX-V4.png

Arizona @ Dallas -- Joe Buck, Troy Aikman [HI; Anchorage AK] (red)
Philadelphia @ Houston -- Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa (green)
Tampa Bay @ Cleveland -- Thom Brennaman, David Diehl (yellow)
Washington @ Minnesota -- Chris Myers, Ronde Barber [Fairbanks AK] (purple)
St. Louis @ San Francisco (LATE) -- Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch (blue)

At least if we get blown out not very many people will see it.

Officiating crew: John Parry

BILL O’BRIEN
Can reach five wins faster than any coach in Texans history (Gary Kubiak did it in 15 games in 2006)

WR ANDRE JOHNSON
Can catch a pass in his 127th consecutive game.
Needs 10 receptions to surpass Randy Moss (982) for 10th all-time. Johnson currently has 973 career receptions.
Needs 171 yards receiving to surpass Torry Holt (13,382yards) for 12th all-time. Johnson currently has 13,212 yards receiving

FS KENDRICK LEWIS
Needs 10 tackles to set a season career-high. Lewis had a career-high 58 tackles for Kansas City in 2011. He has 49 tackles this season.

DE J.J. WATT
Needs two forced fumbles to tie Mario Williams (11) for the most in franchise history. Watt currently has nine.
Needs 10.0 more sacks pass Mario Williams for the most in franchise history (53.0 from 2006-11). Watt currently has 43.5 career sacks.

09-FOX-V4.png

Arizona @ Dallas -- Joe Buck, Troy Aikman [HI; Anchorage AK] (red)
Philadelphia @ Houston -- Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa (green)
Tampa Bay @ Cleveland -- Thom Brennaman, David Diehl (yellow)
Washington @ Minnesota -- Chris Myers, Ronde Barber [Fairbanks AK] (purple)
St. Louis @ San Francisco (LATE) -- Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch (blue)

At least if we get blown out not very many people will see it.

Officiating crew: John Parry

BILL O’BRIEN
Can reach five wins faster than any coach in Texans history (Gary Kubiak did it in 15 games in 2006)

WR ANDRE JOHNSON
Can catch a pass in his 127th consecutive game.
Needs 10 receptions to surpass Randy Moss (982) for 10th all-time. Johnson currently has 973 career receptions.
Needs 171 yards receiving to surpass Torry Holt (13,382yards) for 12th all-time. Johnson currently has 13,212 yards receiving

FS KENDRICK LEWIS
Needs 10 tackles to set a season career-high. Lewis had a career-high 58 tackles for Kansas City in 2011. He has 49 tackles this season.

DE J.J. WATT
Needs two forced fumbles to tie Mario Williams (11) for the most in franchise history. Watt currently has nine.
Needs 10.0 more sacks pass Mario Williams for the most in franchise history (53.0 from 2006-11). Watt currently has 43.5 career sacks.

Interesting map for TV coverage. PA & Houston metro obvious, and looks to be some interest in Indy which is understandable, but what's with South FLA & the Carolinas border getting our game ?

Why is the damn roof always closed? What's the purpose of having a retractable roof if you never use the ****?

Interesting map for TV coverage. PA & Houston metro obvious, and looks to be some interest in Indy which is understandable, but what's with South FLA & the Carolinas border getting our game ?

Carolina's is probably because Clowney, Nuk, Swagg, JJoe from that area. But probably mostly Clowney.

Eagles D is not that great and I expect Foster to run on them all day. Foles can be had.

This is actually a good matchup for us, on both sides of the ball, I believe. We will be able to play nickel and dime most of the game against Philadelphia's offense, limiting how often our hideous ILB play is. Of course, the back end still needs to tackle more consistently than they have lately, but I feel better about that than I do watching guys like Tuggle, Tarpinian, and Cushing chasing backs and TEs into coverage... And, the strength of our defense (pass rush) will have a lot of opportunities to impact the game.

Since cushingnisnt playing i would like to see us stay in Nickle most of the time with swearinger at LB.

Why is the damn roof always closed? What's the purpose of having a retractable roof if you never use the ****?

I think it may have to do with holding in the crowd noise. Make it loud and difficult for the Eagles. Weather is perfect so that is all I can think of.:d:

Fear that a fan may experience some minor discomfort, ruining the Texans game day experience.

IF we win it will be because of two people ... Foster and Watt.

So much for "team", because without them we may not win one game.

Lets do this. Go Wattfosterians! :fostering::swatter:

I'm really liking this Johnson guy. Done nothing but come up huge for us.

Of course, this means he'll fumble today.

Screaming at Brown like he did Tom Brady, what a team leader.

Back