Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pep Hamilton's "No Coast System" Offense

Earl34

Hall of Fame
So you're blaming all of this on Mills and I'm not saying Mills is without blame.

You must not have seen Lovie's offenses throughout his career.

BTW, what dynamic playmakers are currently on the Texans roster minus Pierce?
Many assumptions were made based on Mills' performance the last five games of the 2021 season. So, who were the dynamic playmakers during that five game stretch in 2021?

Many assumptions were made based on Mills' performance the last five games of the 2021 season. So, who were the dynamic playmakers during that five game stretch in 2021?
They were some pretty impressive performance in lieu of good playmakers last year. Remember Danny Amendola lighting it up that one game on several deep passes? Sadly, wasn't realistically sustainable and the bottom fell out with Pep's offense.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
QB turtled up as usual
Getting manhandled time after time by 300# DLinemen and you would turtle up also.

Most disgusting display of ineptitude ever fostered on football fans.

Only turtling going on here is Cal by letting Lovie continue to impersonate a football coach.

:coffee:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
So you're blaming all of this on Mills and I'm not saying Mills is without blame.

You must not have seen Lovie's offenses throughout his career.

BTW, what dynamic playmakers are currently on the Texans roster minus Pierce?
Didn't you say Mills have not played the way you thought he would?

76Texan

Hall of Fame
They were some pretty impressive performance in lieu of good playmakers last year. Remember Danny Amendola lighting it up that one game on several deep passes? Sadly, wasn't realistically sustainable and the bottom fell out with Pep's offense.
Pep is running the WCO that Mills had practiced for FOUR years at Stanford.

Presumably, Pep had his input in Caserio's decision of drafting Mills, right?

I heard many "good things" about Pep, his familiarity with that offense, and how he did so well with QBs like Herbert in his rookie year.
And now his offense is trash. SMH.

Amendola isn't going to catch that INT that Mills threw toward (or rather away from) Cooks.

Didn't you see a few of the highlights on some of the great catches by the receivers and tight ends?
Or are you going to deny it just to try to cover for the bad QB that you were so gungho about.

wildroot

Rookie
Getting manhandled time after time by 300# DLinemen and you would turtle up also.

Most disgusting display of ineptitude ever fostered on football fans.

Only turtling going on here is Cal by letting Lovie continue to impersonate a football coach.

I'm sure Lovie will be gone at season's end. If he runs him off now, whats he gonna do, elevate Pep?!? No thanks.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
I'm sure Lovie will be gone at season's end. If he runs him off now, whats he gonna do, elevate Pep?!? No thanks.
I see no downside to making McCown interim coach and take a look at him for the rest of the season.

Recycling players, might as well recycle coaches, beginning with Lovie and Pep.

I realize, pipe dream. But hope springs eternal. :D

• Haha
Reactions: JB

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I think a lot of coaches on the staff will be leaving this off season. It will surprise me if Lovie exits though. If they do get rid of Lovie, I hope like hell they've improved their hiring process.
That happens when Cal and his Momma get out of the way and let Caserio hire his HC this go round.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Many teams script the first 15 plays to learn how the opponent will react to certain formations & situations.

most teams do something similar in the first couple of possessions.

halftime gives the coaches time to gather their notes, get together & make adjustments to better handle opposing defenses

The Texans look just as clueless if not more at the end as they did to start the game.

Do you agree with this? Is it just me?

Do you think Pep has his head in the game or is he just focused on his playbook?

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Many teams script the first 15 plays to learn how the opponent will react to certain formations & situations.

most teams do something similar in the first couple of possessions.

halftime gives the coaches time to gather their notes, get together & make adjustments to better handle opposing defenses

The Texans look just as clueless if not more at the end as they did to start the game.

Do you agree with this? Is it just me?

Do you think Pep has his head in the game or is he just focused on his playbook?
Honestly, ever since Kubiak, I feel like we struggle with our "scripted" plays to begin games and coming out of the half. I miss those days.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
At the time many didn't like Kubiak's scripted plays
Still dont,

I didn't like the lack of ability to change to what the defense was showing. Kubiak was to conservative for my blood, as was BOB.

Reactions: JB

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Seems like a good idea in hindsight, but he had a ministroke during a game. For his own health it was best for him to leave.
not to mention Saleh or Lafleur had proven nothing…neither had even been a coordinator yet……baby shanny had just broken in to be a Pseudo coordinator under Kubiak…but 76 loves using hindsight to act like he knew what was up about something back then.

Last edited: