Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pep Hamilton's "No Coast System" Offense

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
If his offense is still struggling to cross midfield. I have dibs on the Pepto Dismal offense.
So many openings available if it happens. Pepto and Pepcid.
L2293298.JPG

Awful Coordinator.
Absolute Compost

IF he gets promoted to Lovies spot and he wants to wear the hat of HC and OC.

There is also the option of Dual Action Pepcid Complete Garbage
Or even
Dual Action Pepcid Nocompete.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
These last few posts say more about the posters than Pep Hamilton.
Say's Im bored, but if you want to read into it more than that, be my guest.
That's not Imodium... Just an upset stomach is pepto
We haven't had good runs for awhile so we have had Pep in our system longer than we knew. Guess the brightside is, once it lets loose... the runs just wont stop.

We will be running all over the 31 other teams in the league.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Say's Im bored, but if you want to read into it more than that, be my guest.

We haven't had good runs for awhile so we have had Pep in our system longer than we knew. Guess the brightside is, once it lets loose... the runs just wont stop.

We will be running all over the 31 other teams in the league.
I bet those backside runs will be a new focus of the offense.

austins23

Hall of Fame
This is going to kill Spencer Tillman - "slow to...and uh... slow through??)
I can hear him now. "In an interminable fashion, he is matriculating towards the A gap and gets tackled in the backfield and that was not his preferred destination."
The quote, "Like smoke through a key hole" will now have an entirely different meaning....

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
This is music to my ears.

Ummm. Not music to mine. We've invested so many picks in tight ends and immediately discarded them I'm done with it. We've neglected to many other areas of need for guys like Bennie Joppru.

If your offense is based on a dominant te, it probably isn't a very good offense. Jmo.

mussop

Hall of Fame
Ummm. Not music to mine. We've invested so many picks in tight ends and immediately discarded them I'm done with it. We've neglected to many other areas of need for guys like Bennie Joppru.

If your offense is based on a dominant te, it probably isn't a very good offense. Jmo.
Well this is a new regime so you need to let the past go. Run first oriented is what is music to my ears. I want a dominant run game.

powda

Well this is a new regime so you need to let the past go. Run first oriented is what is music to my ears. I want a dominant run game.

That I can back. I thought you were all in for Colby Fleener again ;)

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
As long as we can score 30ppg, I don't care.

But if we're going to "dominant run game" & strong defense thinking we'll win scoring 24ppg... been there, done that. The NFL has moved on.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member

I don't think that's what the TE coach is saying. He's saying that the offense will require a TE than can be both an effective blocker and a presence in the passing game. Dominant TEs are rare. George Kittle, Travis Kelce, prime Gronk. But even guys like Tyler Higbee and C.J. Uzomah played important roles in getting their teams to the Super Bowl.

As the Texans RB coach spoke to the need of having a 2 way back (effective as a runner and receiver) in order to not tip the defense, a 2 way TE is also necessary. A solid TE is really a requirement for a balanced offense. If you have a Pat Mahomes, you can get away with throwing the ball 40+ times a game. The Texans are going to need to find another way.

powda

Dominant TEs are rare.

They sure are but we keep chasing.

2021: Blevin Jordan 5th round
2019: Kahale warring 3rd round
2018: Jordan Atkins 3rd round
2018: Jordan Thomas 6th round
2014: cj feidorowicz 3rd round
2013: Ryan griffin 6th round
2010: garret Graham 4th round
2009: Anthony Hill 4th round
2009: James Casey 5th round
2006: Owen Daniels 4th round
2003: Bennie Joppru 2nd round

Obviously these are only picks that don't account for free agency or trades. What's my point here? We've used up a lot of draft capital over the years and ultimately ended up fielding an undrafted flag magnet named Pharaoh more then anyone else.

I get it. Primo tight ends make a difference. We shouldn't overlook the ol or running game to find one though. Te's (imo) are one of the last pieces you add to catapult an offense. It just feels like we've been chasing Bigfoot for 20 years when our only te of note is Owen Daniels.

texanhead08

All Pro

Obviously these are only picks that don't account for free agency or trades. What's my point here? We've used up a lot of draft capital over the years and ultimately ended up fielding an undrafted flag magnet named Pharaoh more then anyone else.

I get it. Primo tight ends make a difference. We shouldn't overlook the ol or running game to find one though. Te's (imo) are one of the last pieces you add to catapult an offense. It just feels like we've been chasing Bigfoot for 20 years when our only te of note is Owen Daniels.

I'm amazed there aren't more because it seems like we draft one every year.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Sounds a lot like Lombardi system as OC for the Chargers, who Texans interviewed for Head Coach.

Focus must be protection for Mills and run blocking. After which reload offensive weaponry. OT 1st. (Ekwonu) OG 2nd. (Zion) TE (Ruckert) RB (Allgeier).

Two excellent linemen .... so, what does your offensive line look like ?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I like a lot of the TEs in this draft but I’m hoping for Cole Turner, TE, Nevada later in the draft. We need a real end zone threat.
I like Woods and Turner alot too.

Dulcich is my favorite because he's big and fast enough to get down the seams. Has great hands too. (Like Turner) The reason I like Dulcich more than Turner (Although they are a lot alike) is Dulcich is already a good blocker who I think can get better with NFL coaching/S&C.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

We kept chasing true but to paraphrase the Joker OB chasing a TE was like a dog chasing a car, he didn’t know what to do with one when he caught it. And before OB most of our investment in TE was in 4th round and beyond. Not a throw away pick but also not someone you expect to be the missing piece. I still think Warring could have been something if he had just been developed right.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We kept chasing true but to paraphrase the Joker OB chasing a TE was like a dog chasing a car, he didn’t know what to do with one when he caught it. And before OB most of our investment in TE was in 4th round and beyond. Not a throw away pick but also not someone you expect to be the missing piece. I still think Warring could have been something if he had just been developed right.
Agreed about the TE position. I'm really hoping 1 or 2 of Dulcich/Ruckert or Calcatera. This is the yr you can find a long time starter in rds 3-5.

Nobody else has been able to develop Warring either. He's more of an athlete than a football player and I liked the pick at the time.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Agreed about the TE position. I'm really hoping 1 or 2 of Dulcich/Ruckert or Calcatera. This is the yr you can find a long time starter in rds 3-5.

Nobody else has been able to develop Warring either. He's more of an athlete than a football player and I liked the pick at the time.
Agreed. And at the time he was touted for his water polo prowess as a pro to picking him. Guess we should just prioritize football want to over other things.

GermanTexan

Waterboy

Tight End class looks really thin to me.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Gotta disagree, there's no Gronk/Kelce but there are alot of Dalton Schultz type guys.
AM's Wydermyer will probably go too early for us.

VT's Mitchell should be available later. PFN & SI gives good review, Zeriein not so much. Pep might like his versatility.

Guess you go with your own gut & scouts opinion. All depends how bad your need and high you want to go.

Depends on what they expect from B Jordan?

:coffee:

Last edited:

Dejaview

All Pro
Confused the hell out of this old fart. Followed the map and ended up in Luckenback.

Guess that's the reason coach had me play WB in his wing T offense.

Told you I was old.

:coffee:
I’m getting old too. I live not too far from Luckenbach. I still stop by for a beer (bring cash) and like I did 50years ago to listen to the Lost Gonzo Band. Its still really fun.

powda

Jordan is a move TE (H-Back). The Y TE plays on the line. The Texans do not have a Y TE on the roster.

If we're collecting all the different flavors, we're probably missing the 1 or 2 per year capable of doing it all.

Personally, I'm tired of the te infatuation every new regime brings. I still think it should be one of the last talents you add to a team. I'm still pissed about Bennie Joppru 2 decades later though so what do I know?

KarlK

Waterboy
But do you not see the plan laid out?

Create mismatches. Running with power.
Being efficient on 3rd downs. Early down completions and shots down field.

I mean what, are you one of those "How do you plan to accomplish that?" Kind of people huh?
Wow, how novel and cutting edge. No OC has ever considered any of those things.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Wow, how novel and cutting edge. No OC has ever considered any of those things.
Passing on first down? Being committed to the deep pass rather than the short game? A power run game rather than the outside zbs? Yes, these are all distinctions in a type of offense a team can run.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Passing on first down? Being committed to the deep pass rather than the short game? A power run game rather than the outside zbs? Yes, these are all distinctions in a type of offense a team can run.
Gotta have an ol that can keep Mills clean while the receivers are running deeper routes so you need better run blocking personnel on the ol and a couple of upgrades at the RB position. Man, there are holes to fill on this team. Good thing is over the next few years they've got the draft capital needed to fill these holes.

Last edited: