Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Patriots at Texans

He had a great game last night. Best he's had as a pro against a quality defense on the big stage. He actually threw the ball regularly to open guys in the middle of the field. That's progress.
Brissett did?

@CloakNNNdagger not to rain on our parade, because I am happy and impressed with our play today, but how much do you think the Patriots players are affected because of the Flu?
Some of the "ill" players were reported to have have "colds" (symptoms above the neck.........runny nose, stuffy head, sore throat, etc) and some to have the "flu" (symptoms below the neck......such as from the lungs, body aches, fatigue, etc). With the former, sports performance is likely not to be significantly affected, even when symptoms are ongoing. With the latter, during symptoms, sports performance will definitely be significantly affected. However, even after symptoms have resolved, the effects on the heart, muscle recovery, endurance is significant. Immobility itself during the flu contributes to making the body exhausted. In an athlete during the period of any symptoms, performance potential is negatively affected.........the greater the symptoms, the greater the effect. These effects do not just immediately reverse right at the time symptoms leaving. It tends to be a gradual phenomenon. In fact, a full recovery from a one week long feverish flu takes as long as 2 to 3 months.

We don't know which player had what "illness" (cold vs flu). But inevitably those coming off the flu would still have seen their performances last night affected to varying degrees. Since we don't have all the information re. each individual player, it would be difficult to try to determine how much the result of last night's final score was affected.

Of greater concern is what effect any exposure of our players to Patriots players may have in the ensuing weeks............i.e., will we see our players over the next week or 2 come down with "illness" because some Patriots players were allowed to play during their period of contagion.

Last edited:
Some of the "ill" players were reported to have have "colds" (symptoms above the neck.........runny nose, stuffy head, sore throat, etc) and some to have the "flu" (symptoms below the neck......such as from the lungs, body aches, fatigue, etc). With the former, sports performance is likely not to be significantly affected, even when symptoms are ongoing. With the latter, during symptoms, sports performance will definitely be significantly affected. However, even after symptoms have resolved, the effects on the heart, muscle recovery, endurance is significant. Immobility itself during the flu contributes to making the body exhausted. In an athlete during the period of any symptoms, performance potential is negatively affected.........the greater the symptoms, the greater the effect. These effects do not just immediately reverse right at the time symptoms leaving. It tends to be a gradual phenomenon. In fact, a full recovery from a one week long feverish flu takes as long as 2 to 3 months.

We don't know which player had what "illness" (cold vs flu). But inevitably those coming off the flu would still have seen their performances last night affected to varying degrees. Since we don't have all the information re. each individual player, it would be difficult to try to determine how much the result of last night's final score was affected.

Of greater concern is what effect any exposure of our players to Patriots players may have in the ensuing weeks............i.e., will we see our players over the next week or 2 come down with "illness" because some Patriots players were allowed to play during their period of contagion.

Hopefully, the Texans gave players Flu shots....

No flu is preferable, and I've never seen a mild flu
Mild flu is what you supposedly get when you get a flu shot. I don't know, I haven't had a flu shot in 35 years or more and never get the flu.

Of course I've never had a bunch of people with or just getting over the flu breathing all over me in a football game either.

Of course I've never had a bunch of people with or just getting over the flu breathing all over me in a football game either.
On second thought, I probably did when I was way younger playing football, and just didn't know it. But I can't recall having the flu more than a handful of times in my entire life. And that was much younger when I was probably getting the shot.

Reactions: JB
Flu shots give you the flu

From my understanding it puts the virus in you, small enough dose you shouldn't get sick, but enough for your body to develop antibodies to fight off the full blown virus.

Funny thing though I found out they are guessing at which strain we'll likely be exposed to each year. One year they got it way wrong & told everyone, "Sorry."

From my understanding it puts the virus in you, small enough dose you shouldn't get sick, but enough for your body to develop antibodies to fight off the full blown virus.

Funny thing though I found out they are guessing at which strain we'll likely be exposed to each year. One year they got it way wrong & told everyone, "Sorry."

I've only gotten the flu when I didn't get a flu shot, or the flu shot was not effective that season (once).

The replay is on right now.

It’s the end of the first. Duke just scored. On the sidelines you can see Watson talking to Stills about plays. Interesting to see because it was the next offensive possession that Stills caught that TD pass.

The replay is on right now.

It’s the end of the first. Duke just scored. On the sidelines you can see Watson talking to Stills about plays. Interesting to see because it was the next offensive possession that Stills caught that TD pass.

I made this point earlier. I don't recall seeing Watson as active, engage or communicating on the sidelines with coaches and players as he did in this game. I saw him with a tablet, highlighting plays and communicating with everyone.

Instead of sitting on the bench with a towel over his head, I want him to be engaged and communicating with the coaches and players. That was my biggest takeaway from this game and I hope it continues.

Back