Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Packers vs Bears Gameday thread

Everybody makes "WTF" throws at times. Cutler more so than others. But that's why he isn't regarded as an elite QB. But he's still in the upper 50% compared to other starting QBs around the league.

The problem with Cutler is that he always tries to force the ball to his receivers, which leads to a lot of interceptions. He needs to learn to throw the ball away. But that's what gunslingers do. Brett Favre has a lot of interceptions, but he's still regarded as a potential hall of famer.

It also doesn't help when you're in Mike Martz system which is notorious for being brutal for the QBs.

That's the problem with Cutler and that's pretty much exactly what we've already said.

and Brett Favre got away with doing what he did, because during his prime he was throwing alot more TDs than INTs and when it came time to win the game, he would win it. You lost me with the Favre comparison....Cutler is no Favre. First of all if Cutler was anything like Favre he wouldn't of left the game. Favre carried his team and won games in his prime and when he was in his prime his teammates loved playing with him......while Cutler has that stupid ass pouty face on all the time. Not exactly revered in the locker room either.

Sage Rosenfels has outplayed Matt Schaub before. But that doesn't make him the better QB. I remember when we were calling for Sage to start. That didn't happen, and now we're all glad Matt is the starter.

??? Nobody said Haine should start or is a better QB than Cutler.

That's the problem with Cutler and that's pretty much exactly what we've already said.

and Brett Favre got away with doing what he did, because during his prime he was throwing alot more TDs than INTs and when it came time to win the game, he would win it. You lost me with the Favre comparison....Cutler is no Favre. First of all if Cutler was anything like Favre he wouldn't of left the game. Favre carried his team and won games in his prime and when he was in his prime his teammates loved playing with him......while Cutler has that stupid ass pouty face on all the time. Not exactly revered in the locker room either.

Check Cutler's stats. He has significantly more TD's than INTs. And that's including the experimental 2009 season when he was getting accustomed to Chicago.

You don't know what happened to Cutler's knee nor do you know him personally to say that he isn't revered in the locker room. We simply don't know what happened to his knee and can't call him out for that.

Everybody makes "WTF" throws at times. Cutler more so than others. But that's why he isn't regarded as an elite QB. But he's still in the upper 50% compared to other starting QBs around the league.

The problem with Cutler is that he always tries to force the ball to his receivers, which leads to a lot of interceptions. He needs to learn to throw the ball away. But that's what gunslingers do. Brett Favre has a lot of interceptions, but he's still regarded as a potential hall of famer.

It also doesn't help when you're in Mike Martz system which is notorious for being brutal for the QBs.

Yeah, every qb makes boneheaded throws but he makes them far too much..+ any time you throw 20+ ints in a season & you're not a rookie or even a 2nd year player,you stink...period.

Yeah, every qb makes boneheaded throws but he makes them far too much..+ any time you throw 20+ ints in a season & you're not a rookie or even a 2nd year player,you stink...period.

That was his first season in Chicago when he was getting accustomed to the coaches and the new scheme.

My point still stands: 104 TDs/79 INTs.

Check Cutler's stats. He has significantly more TD's than INTs. And that's including the experimental 2009 season when he was getting accustomed to Chicago.

You don't know what happened to Cutler's knee nor do you know him personally to say that he isn't revered in the locker room. We simply don't know what happened to his knee and can't call him out for that.

If he doesn't have a torn ACL...I'm calling him out and we do know what his teammates think about him, because of the reports out of Denver. I'm sure if he moved to another team we'd here similar things come out of Chicago. He's a whiney ***** and I do know that, because we all watched him cry his way out of Denver. I done talking about the guy...it isn't worth my time.

:texanbill:
That's taking into account when he was getting used to a new scheme in Chicago.

It's also not as bad as a lot of the people on the board was saying he is.

You don't need a whole year to get acclimated to not throwing picks...that's part of being a good qb & making good decisions & that year he was extraordinarily terrible with bad decisions. He's really always been terrible with his decision making to be honest.

If he doesn't have a torn ACL...I'm calling him out and we do know what his teammates think about him, because of the reports out of Denver. I'm sure if he moved to another team we'd here similar things come out of Chicago. He's a whiney ***** and I do know that, because we all watched him cry his way out of Denver. I done talking about the guy...it isn't worth my time.

What were his teammates supposed to say? "Yes, McDaniels is a control freak. I'm with Jay Cutler. Please cut me now."

What were his teammates supposed to say? "Yes, McDaniels is a control freak. I'm with Jay Cutler. Please cut me now."

What are you talking about? LOL, his teammates comments had NOTHING to do with McDaniels as most were made when Shanahan was there. You need to go read the reports, because now you're just searching for excuses and grasping at straws.

There's a reason why everybody in the NFL is killing him on twitter right now, he's a notorious asshole.

What are you talking about? LOL, his teammates comments had NOTHING to do with McDaniels as most were made when Shanahan was there. You need to go read the reports, because now you're just searching for excuses and grasping at straws.

There's a reason why everybody in the NFL is killing him on twitter right now, he's a notorious asshole.

Hm, I don't recall his teammates calling him out while Shanahan was there.

And yes, EVERYBODY knows he's an a-hole because we all know the media always portrays everybody correctly. :smiliepalm:

Hm, I don't recall his teammates calling him out while Shanahan was there.

And yes, EVERYBODY knows he's an a-hole because we all know the media always portrays everybody correctly. :smiliepalm:
LOL, He's just got that a-hole look to be honest..
dm_090806_nfl_cutler_sunday_convo.jpg

John Lynch and Elway....look it up

Here's a quote from John Lynch:

"I like Jay, he's a friend of mine," Lynch said. "He had some growing up to do, probably still has some growing up to do. But in saying that, I think the Broncos erred in letting him go.

"This is a guy, in my mind, that's a once-in-every-15-year-type talent. He's got that kind of skill. I think he'll grow into the other things. I sometimes think during this whole ordeal, they tried to paint him as a bad guy, but he's not a bad guy at all. He's got some growing up to do, but hopefully he learned something from this whole ordeal and offseason."

Lynch said part of that maturation process for the 26-year-old Cutler is opening up.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4336504

How did the broncos error in letting him go....he cried his way out of town? He wouldn't return ANY of their phone calls and became a malcontent.

How did the broncos error in letting him go....he cried his way out of town? He wouldn't return ANY of their phone calls and became a malcontent.

:confused:

You asked me to look up quotes from John Lynch, so I did. You were talking about how his teammates don't revere him.

Back