Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Packers vs Bears Gameday thread

Cutler is going to be blasted by the fans and media if he doesn't play. Unless it's something extremely severe, he should be out there. Your team is a playing for the friggin Super Bowl! Philip Rivers played with a torn ACL in the playoffs a few years ago. Suck it up.

Tom Brady played with a stress fracture in his foot during the season and playoffs. Brett Favre played with a broke everything.

Rick Reilly is right...Jay Cutler doesn't care.

I agree with you both. Reminds me of a nickname from the Rockets back in the day....now just call him Jay Bearly Cares.

This game has gotten way interesting. Rodgers can't seem to drive another nail home. He seemed almost rattled that last drive, but I know better I think.

I don't know, on an earlier 3rd and 1 got stuffed on a run. Later on another 3rd and 1 they passed and got a pass interference for 23 yards. With Starks getting little on most short yardage situations I can't blame them, especially with Rodgers back there.

Wow. Boom goes the dynamite on Chicago. :turtle:

4l5z4j.gif

Screw the Seahawks "should they have made the playoffs or not," let's make the Jets and Steelers play two weeks from now instead.

:gun:

This haine kid is really balling...someone desperate for a qb is gonna give up the farm for this kid if he leads them back.

yeah, those db's are absolutely money when the ball is in the air..they'll have a field day against Sanchez.

no..i think the jets will get the steelers....:whip:

We'll see, I just don't think Sanchez can handle the Steelers defense. I think it'll come down to who gets better QB play and I think Ben will put the Steelers over the top. Game starts in 10 minutes and it should be a good one. I think I'll go ahead and switch over to that thread.

My player of the game is the GB punter (LoL) ... dude kept them pinned deep at almost every opportunity.

My player of the game is the GB punter (LoL) ... dude kept them pinned deep at almost every opportunity.

Gotta be sam shields. Stopped a possible scoring drive at the end of the 1st half & sealed the game with another int. They are ridiculously solid back there..we need to hit them up for 1 of those cb's.

Wow, I don't think Jay Cutler is as bad as you guys make him out to be. Yes, he had a bad game today, but he has dominated the latter part of this season. He didn't have good protection most of the game and was getting hit around. Cutler couldn't even step into most of his throws.

Wow, I don't think Jay Cutler is as bad as you guys make him out to be. Yes, he had a bad game today, but he has dominated the latter part of this season. He didn't have good protection most of the game and was getting hit around. Cutler couldn't even step into most of his throws.

He has no discipline and makes some boneheaded decisions. Yes he played good over the second half, but he still had his "WTF" throws, some weeks he just had less "WTF" throws than others...it's the reason why his own fans can't completely trust him. He had room to step up on throws, but he's notorious to just keep back peddling and then throw off his back foot and it's not just the Packers game...he does that all the time. As soon as Haine came in, he was moving around and finding spaces to step into and complete passes.

Last edited:

He was outplayed by their emergency 3rd string QB ....

Jay Cutler is the Steve Francis of the NFL.. turnover, turnover, turnover.. windmill dunk (but hey, the dunk makes highlights)

(stole that line from LZ)

He has no discipline and makes some boneheaded decisions. Yes he played good over the second half, but he still had his "WTF" throws, some weeks he just had less "WTF" throws than others...it's the reason why his own fans can't completely trust him. He had room to step up on throws, but he's notorious to just keep back peddling and then throw off his back foot and it's not just the Packers game...he does that all the time. As soon as Haine came in, he was moving around and finding spaces to step into and complete passes.

Everybody makes "WTF" throws at times. Cutler more so than others. But that's why he isn't regarded as an elite QB. But he's still in the upper 50% compared to other starting QBs around the league.

The problem with Cutler is that he always tries to force the ball to his receivers, which leads to a lot of interceptions. He needs to learn to throw the ball away. But that's what gunslingers do. Brett Favre has a lot of interceptions, but he's still regarded as a potential hall of famer.

It also doesn't help when you're in Mike Martz system which is notorious for being brutal for the QBs.

Basically Jay Cutler is just a more consistent Rex Grossman with a stronger arm. They both do some horribly stupid crap though.

He was outplayed by their emergency 3rd string QB ....

Sage Rosenfels has outplayed Matt Schaub before. But that doesn't make him the better QB. I remember when we were calling for Sage to start. That didn't happen, and now we're all glad Matt is the starter.

Sage Rosenfels has outplayed Matt Schaub before. But that doesn't make him the better QB. I remember when we were calling for Sage to start. That didn't happen, and now we're all glad Matt is the starter.

Hey I never.......yes I did.

Thorn :facepalm:

Back